Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,166 members, 7,829,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed (56423 Views)

Throwback Picture Of God's Generals / Meet God's Generals / Some Failed Biblical Prophecies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Scholar8200(m): 1:54pm On Apr 12, 2016
Davik01:
U cant expect d demonic agents all over d world to keep calm without working hard to falsify d expoilt of GOD'S GENERALS. The Demon s a deciever. His agents are everywhere. Beware of their antics and deceptions. They work to distrupt any activity that will help you to grow in ur faith. Do not let ur desire to buy, download and read d books mentioned above grow cold bc of d demonic, fake stories above. Go ahead and do anything dt will increase ur FAITH in GOD. MAY GOD HELP US IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST. AMEN!
Exactly!!! A good example is what they tried to do with A.A. Allen's records, dumping all the testimonies, letters etc in the garbage can, after he died.

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Gombs(m): 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2016
paulGrundy:
Gombs please how can I download God Generals 2?

http://wirebook.us/077M?keyword=Gods%20Generals%20Volume%202:%20The%20Roaring%20Reformers.pdf
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by paulGrundy(m): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2016
Gombs:

http://wirebook.us/077M?keyword=Gods%20Generals%20Volume%202:%20The%20Roaring%20Reformers.pdf

Thanks but the link required me to register, even after I registered I couldn't download it. Could you please help me post the direct pdf link? smiley
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Gombs(m): 10:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
paulGrundy:

Thanks but the link required me to register, even after I registered I couldn't download it. Could you please help me post the direct pdf link? smiley

let me get back to you please

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Amberon11: 8:31am On Apr 14, 2016
Fool of the century. G. Lake was a true revivalist. Also, read up Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola and get lost as you do so.
Zikdik:
John G Lake, like every other Pentecostal Revivalist, is a fraud. Read up on him on Wikipedia and educate your ignorant self.
Thank me later.
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Amberon11: 8:37am On Apr 14, 2016
Nobody said it was Ebola. Google is your friend.
Ranchhoddas:
but it is a fact that lake died 40years before the first ebola outbreak.Google is your friend.
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Zikdik(m): 11:33pm On Apr 14, 2016
Amberon11:
Fool of the century. G. Lake was a true revivalist. Also, read up Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola and get lost as you do so.
Really funny. What can I say? Enjoy your grandeur delusions.
"He graduated from high school in St Mary's shortly before the move to Michigan, and claimed to have been ordained into the Methodist ministry at the age of twenty-one.
[4] The seminary he claimed to have attended, though, never existed, [6] :53 and census records show he had less than ten years' education. [7] Lake, then, had no formal theological training".
" In 1907 Lake was converted to Pentecostalism when Charles Parham staged a tent revival in Zion in an attempt to woo Dowie's supporters. After Parham's departure a group of several hundred "Parhamites" remained in Zion, led by Thomas Hezmalhalch—a recent arrival from the Azusa Street Revival . As 1907 wore on, Lake grew in stature among this group, and was usually listed as co-leader. After Parham's arrest for pedophilia in the summer of 1907, the Parhamites descended into a collective frenzy. Believing that many had been possessed by demons, a number of brutal exorcisms began, in which at least two deaths occurred. [16][17] In the face of arrests and potential mob violence, the Parhamites were forced to flee en masse from Illinois. Lake and Hezmalhalch left for Indianapolis. Once there, they raised $2000 to finance a Pentecostal mission to South Africa".
" Lake's ministry in South Africa was not without controversy. Morton wrote [1] :114–15 that Lake was accused of: misappropriating the AFM's funds, particularly that funds did not flow to poor rural areas but were concentrated with Lake and his party; acting dictatorially; exaggerating the effectiveness of the revival movement he led; and staging miraculous healings through audience plants. He also wrote that "an analysis of the missionary career of John G Lake shows that the initial spread of Pentecostalism and Zionism in southern Africa was facilitated by the systematic use of fraud and deception."
All courtesy of Wikipedia. Have yourself a nice day.
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Amberon11: 12:36am On Apr 15, 2016
I didn't read your crap!
Zikdik:

Really funny. What can I say? Enjoy your grandeur delusions.
"He graduated from high school in St Mary's shortly before the move to Michigan, and claimed to have been ordained into the Methodist ministry at the age of twenty-one.
[4] The seminary he claimed to have attended, though, never existed, [6] :53 and census records show he had less than ten years' education. [7] Lake, then, had no formal theological training".
" In 1907 Lake was converted to Pentecostalism when Charles Parham staged a tent revival in Zion in an attempt to woo Dowie's supporters. After Parham's departure a group of several hundred "Parhamites" remained in Zion, led by Thomas Hezmalhalch—a recent arrival from the Azusa Street Revival . As 1907 wore on, Lake grew in stature among this group, and was usually listed as co-leader. After Parham's arrest for pedophilia in the summer of 1907, the Parhamites descended into a collective frenzy. Believing that many had been possessed by demons, a number of brutal exorcisms began, in which at least two deaths occurred. [16][17] In the face of arrests and potential mob violence, the Parhamites were forced to flee en masse from Illinois. Lake and Hezmalhalch left for Indianapolis. Once there, they raised $2000 to finance a Pentecostal mission to South Africa".
" Lake's ministry in South Africa was not without controversy. Morton wrote [1] :114–15 that Lake was accused of: misappropriating the AFM's funds, particularly that funds did not flow to poor rural areas but were concentrated with Lake and his party; acting dictatorially; exaggerating the effectiveness of the revival movement he led; and staging miraculous healings through audience plants. He also wrote that "an analysis of the missionary career of John G Lake shows that the initial spread of Pentecostalism and Zionism in southern Africa was facilitated by the systematic use of fraud and deception."
All courtesy of Wikipedia. Have yourself a nice day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sfiso Ncwane Buys Car For Francis Anosike, Nigerian Pastor For Healing Him (pics / Anglican Priest, Rev. Ogbuchukwu Lotanna, Resigns, Forms Polygamous Movement / Ugandan Man Claiming To Be Jesus Christ, And His Nine Followers Arrested (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.