Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Please Help My German Shepherd - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help My German Shepherd (1429 Views)

Help Me Rate My German Sheperd NLS / I Need Advice, My German Shepherd Just Littered 7puppies(photo) / Should I Mate My German Shepherd Dog With A Caucasian Dog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My German Shepherd by alexiej(m): 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
I have a male German Shepherd which is about 9 months old. He's growth is fast cos it eats good food and we all love him in my family.
However it doesn't bark at strangers. This is of great concern to us because we got it to scare unwanted people and not to be a pet.
We tried training it but it's still not barking at outsiders. It barks when it is hungry or wants us to unleash it, but at strangers, it just sits gently..
Please what can I do....
Re: Please Help My German Shepherd by Akunyun(m): 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
alexiej: I have a male German Shepherd which is about 9 months old. He's growth is fast cos it eats good food and we all love him in my family.
However it doesn't bark at strangers. This is of great concern to us because we got it to scare unwanted people and not to be a pet.
We tried training it but it's still not barking at outsiders. It barks when it is hungry or wants us to unleash it, but at strangers, it just sits gently..
Please what can I do....
How was the up-bringing of your pet? I guess it was exposed to so much people while growing, my advice for you is that you should place it's cage/kennel @ a secluded area of your compound where very few people have access to. Let's see the pix of your pet if u don't mind.
Re: Please Help My German Shepherd by alexiej(m): 6:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
Akunyun:
How was the up-bringing of your pet? I guess it was exposed to so much people while growing, my advice for you is that you should place it's cage/kennel @ a secluded area of your compound where very few people have access to. Let's see the pix of your pet if u don't mind.
well, I realise that it was kinda exposed, cos some of our visitors were allowed to see it
but he has a cage and it's secluded. I even thought it's gentle cos of the seclusion.
I'll upload the pic latr
Re: Please Help My German Shepherd by delishpot: 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
He maybe too young to care for now. We had a good dog while growing up she was a gift and we loved her. She was never caged. She lived in the house with us. She barked at strangers depending on our mood. If a guest comes and we get excited, she gets excited too and if a guest comes and we don't act excited she starts barking. We always put her away when ever we had guests( we keep her in the bathroom) so she wasn't used to strangers.
Maybe you should start keeping her away from strangers too. If you have a guest, as soon as they are entering the house, move her away from them or chain her( ours had her chain around the dinning area so she will just stay at her corner till the guest leaves then we unchained her.
Re: Please Help My German Shepherd by AnosikeChibueze(m): 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
alexiej: I have a male German Shepherd which is about 9 months old. He's growth is fast cos it eats good food and we all love him in my family.
Please what can I do....
#smiles# ours was so bad that it was playing with strangers. It looks scary but acts friendly not until we build a cage for her.. Build a cage for your dog with a gate that it can clearly see through but do not release it except you want to work her or at night.. It seeing strangers having freedom without it having having freedom makes your GSD aggressive.. Our GSD is now doing her job.. Now she even extend her aggressiveness to strangers passing close to our gate

1 Like

Re: Please Help My German Shepherd by AnosikeChibueze(m): 8:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
Please what can I do....

Re: Please Help My German Shepherd by AnosikeChibueze(m): 8:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
Mullan is the name of mine

Re: Please Help My German Shepherd by alexiej(m): 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
Thanks Chibueze... but your pic isn't showing

(1) (Reply)

3-week-old Baby Killed By Pit Bull After Being Left Alone With It For 5 Minutes / 11 Months Old Pedigree Boerboel For Sale / Lets Create A Dog Of Our Own.dog Owners,veterinary Doctors,lab Scientists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.