Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1807080 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by idowunig: 3:02pm On May 21, 2018

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by funshyboi(m): 7:06pm On May 21, 2018
Good day guys received this message today, how authentic can it be thanks

You have been shortlisted to attend an interview/screening on Thursday 24th May, 2018. At PROWAYS DYNAMICS RESOURCES LTD, By 10am prompt. At number 12, alaafia close opposite olowo tinfowosanu shopping complex, iwo road Ibadan. For more details call 081-3970-3667 or 070-5810-1023. Ref code:55EM.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Jcra(f): 9:40pm On May 21, 2018
Sexydevil:
You are invited for a pre-employment aptitude test at Landover Company Ltd, 17 simbiat abiola way,ikeja on wednesday 9 may, 2018 by 4:30pm. please come with original and duplicate of credentials,1 passport &birth certificate.

please how real is this.
Did u eventually go..?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by maximunimpact(m): 12:22pm On May 22, 2018
ok
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Robisky001(m): 2:34pm On May 22, 2018
Amigos, please help confirm this invite.

Dear Applicant,
In lieu of your application via Lekki Agency, you are invited for an interview on
Date:Wednesday,23rd May 2018
Time: 1 pm
Venue: Limeridge Hotel, Chevron Drive, Lekki.

Kindly come along with a passport photograph.
For more details call :09062850604
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by AwesomeDuru(m): 8:08pm On May 22, 2018
prIVy7:
Hello guys please I got this in my e-mail. Are they genuine?

Hi Davis,
Thank you for applying to our organization through Iminds media.
Your application for the position applied for stood out to us and we would like to invite you for an interview at our office.
You will meet with our Head of HR, Ms Nzekwue.
The interview will last about 2 Hours.
You’ll have the chance to discuss the position’s responsibilities and learn more about our company.
We would like to conduct your interview on Thursday 22/03/2018 by 9.30am.

Our office is located at Plot 5 Adeniyi Jones Adjacent Mikano Bus stop. University press building. Ikeja Lagos.
Please bring your CV and your credentials,
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Iminds Media.
Hi, are you planning on going? I got the same invite too? Please reply me
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Slym180(m): 8:48am On May 23, 2018
Please guys kindly help me confirm this interview invite. Hello, this is to inform you that you have been scheduled to attend interview with details below. Date-24th may 2018. Time- 10am. venue- 5th quadrant performance limited. please are they genuine?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Olayinkamalik01: 3:30pm On May 23, 2018
Hello, please I got a mail form shaldag limited in
Epe Lagos. Anyone familiar with this company?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Emekuz(m): 6:17pm On May 24, 2018
omoharry:
I also got an invite.Well I will check out on that day if they are real or not
Did you eventually check?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MICIBAMA(m): 6:46pm On May 24, 2018
Chevron Nigeria Mooring Master Trainee Job 2018 http://www.belmadeng.com/2018/05/Chevron-Nigeria-Mooring-Master-Trainee-Job.html
Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL): Chevron is the third-largest oil producer in Nigeria and one of its largest investors, spending more than $3 billion annually. In Nigeria, we do business through our subsidiary Chevron Nigeria Limited.

The company operates under a joint-venture arrangement with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and has assets on land, swamp and near-offshore concessions covering approximately 2.2 million acres (8,900 sq km) in the Niger Delta region.

http://www.belmadeng.com/2018/05/Chevron-Nigeria-Mooring-Master-Trainee-Job.html

Chevron also has extensive interests in deepwaterNigeria. The Agbami Field is one of Nigeria's largest deepwater discoveries.

The company also has an interest in another deepwater development, the Usan project. Chevron provides career opportunities for Nigerians hired as employees and workers who are under contract.

The general public is hereby informed that the Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) is recruiting for fulltime Mooring Master Trainee.

Location(s): • Delta, South South — Nigeria
Specialization: • Oil and Gas• Transportation / Logistics / Supply
Industry: • Oil and Gas / Mining
Application Deadline: June 06, 2018

Job Type: Fulltime

JOB DETAILS Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) is one of the worlds leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries conducting business worldwide including Nigeria. According to the Chevron Nigeria Linited, we hereby invite applications for employment, in the position specified below from qualified candidates:

http://www.belmadeng.com/2018/05/Chevron-Nigeria-Mooring-Master-Trainee-Job.html

Job Title: Mooring Master Trainee
Location: Delta (Escravos) Critical Selection Criteria The Mooring Master acts as Chevron representative on Export Tankers. He is the point of contact with government representatives and officials during exports to ensure efficient, coordinated export activities are achieved.
Perform export tanker arrival safety inspection and ensures compliance of Export Tankers, Masters, Officers and crew with Chevron requirements.
Document performance and condition of export tankers, prepare reports for CVX Clearance and vetting system. Responsible for advising Export tanker Captain, officers and crew on safe activities with the following key activities: Safe pilotage/Mooring operations and export tanker approach to berths
- Conducting safe mooring and unmooring operations
- Safe cargo hose connecton and disconnection
- Hold back tug connection and disconnection
- Pre-loading activities including all check lists
- Communication between export tanker, Terminal and hold back tug
- All Cargo/Ballast Handling operations
- Export paperwork, including sampling and calculations of cargo volumes
- Responsible for export tanker safe position keeping once export tanker is safely moored at Chevron Terminals.
- Monitor mooring system and equipment while export tankers berthed at Terminals. Supervision of Mooring Technicians during all mooring operations and hose connecton and disconnection. Coordination with his Supervisor on export operations planning, including:
- Export tanker scheduling
- Export tanker operations
- Inward and outward clearance
- All aspects of government and agent liaison
- Partner requirements
- Cargo discrepancies
- Operational issues resolution

The Mooring Master shall have:
- An unlimited Class 1 Deck License with an appropriate dangerous cargo endorsement for crude oil.
- Served in a senior capacity on board tankers > 25.000 tonnes during their sea going career for at least 36 months.
- Skill in the shiphandling of large tankers. Offshore Marine Terminal operations.
- Served for a minimum of (10) years as a Mooring Master experienced with safe berthing of tankers at offshore terminal export facilities.
- An extensive knowledge of SPM type facilities including but not limited to export operations and maintenance of all equipment and systems.
- High quality communications skills and be able to coordinate activities remotely when operating outside of normal work locations.
- Core skills associated with Bridge Resource Management are essential all Mooring Masters must be able to understand personal limitations and assess operational risk in order to develop mitigation plans.
- Capability of working a 28/28 day rotational assignment in a remote location

JOB REQUIREMENTS
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
10 year(s) Continue reading...http://www.belmadeng.com/2018/05/Chevron-Nigeria-Mooring-Master-Trainee-Job.html

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Agimor(m): 6:59pm On May 24, 2018
Someone should please help confirm the authenticity of this invite.

We Were Impressed By Your Application,
You Are Invited For An INTERVIEW.
FRI 25/5/2018
9:00am
@32 Olufemi Road, Off Ogunlana Drive, Surulere, Lagos.YD/ETK
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by omoharry(f): 9:32am On May 25, 2018
Emekuz:
Did you eventually check?
I almost did but it turned out they are GNLD..I got the info from someone that went
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MICIBAMA(m): 9:38am On May 25, 2018
Adfoldam Nigeria Enterprise Limited Electrical Engineer Job Recruitment 2018
Looking for an electrical engineering job? If yes, this is to notify you and your friends that Adfoldam Nigeria Enterprise Limited is recruiting for fulltime Electrical Engineers. Interested and qualified applicants are hereby advised to utilise this oppotunity and apply for the job. Application is online and the details information of the job is as outlined below. http://www.belmadeng.com/2018/05/dfoldam-nigeria-enterprise-limited-electrical-engineer-job-recruitment.html

Adfoldam Nigeria Enterprise Limited, an Engineering company specialized in the repair of Caterpillar (CAT), Perkins & Cummins generator, requires the services of suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's in word format

Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to admin@adfoldamng.com

http://www.belmadeng.com/2018/05/dfoldam-nigeria-enterprise-limited-electrical-engineer-job-recruitment.html
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by KizitoMike(m): 2:26pm On May 25, 2018
I have been invited for an interview by this Firm below, can someone help me check the authenticity of this organization. Below is their message:

You have been shortlisted to attend an interview on the 28th of May 2018 at TSM House behind Apo Legislative Quarters, Gudu District, Abuja.11am

Hot FM Abuja
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Sexydevil(m): 5:12pm On May 25, 2018
Jcra:
Did u eventually go..?
yeah I went for it... shii was genuine
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by isiluvv: 8:44pm On May 25, 2018
[quote author=Robisky001 post=67779769]Amigos, please help confirm this invite.

Dear Applicant
Your application to Careerswise Recruitment Agency as been received.
We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to attend an interview session with the Head of Human Resource (HRM) at Management Resource a Consulting Firm and also offer Entrepreneurial services.

Time: 10:00 am
Date: Monday 28th MAY,2018
Address:5 SURULERE HOUSE, surulere industrial road, Off Adeniyi jones. Ikeja Lagos.
Come with a hard copy of your CV
Kindly reply this mail if you will be available and for further details.

Regards,
Mary Davies
Relationship Officer
Ikeja Branch
Lagos
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Timmy116(m): 1:06am On May 27, 2018
timicutiee:
You have been shortlisted for an assessment on MON.9/04/18. Details;
Venue:No 8 Adebare Street, B.Q Bakery Building, Ogudu, Lagos
Time:9am
Ref-code: DIR/91
Does anyone know if this is real....
please did u have any luck finding out how genuine this interview invite is?? I just got an invite from them. no contact phone number?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 9:42am On May 27, 2018
Timmy116:

please did u have any luck finding out how genuine this interview invite is?? I just got an invite from them. no contact phone number?
cool

Its a scam.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Gospel367: 11:59am On May 27, 2018
If you want to learn how to make up to 10k and above posting paid contents on your social media like facebook, twitter, whatsapp, reading and commenting on posts, taking surveys and referring people, contact me. You can make a minimum of 10k naira and upwards even without referring someone. You earn 1k naira per referral you make. All your earnings are paid to your bank. This is not a get rich quick scheme. But a program created to alleviate the poor reading habits of Nigerians while adding income to their pockets. This program uses same approach Google, twitter etc uses to make money through online adverts. So its a win win program. Don't let the situations in Nigeria tie you down. Register free now. Inbox me if interested on Facebook using Gospel Chinaza Ferdinand or add me on WhatsApp using +22965790582. If in doubt, let's talk.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by smscruize(m): 1:39pm On May 29, 2018
PHONE NUMBER DATABASE/EMAIL ADDRESS DATABSE

1) We have a comprehensive database of valid and active Nigerian Phone Numbers sorted and
classified into state by state and each state's Mobile number collection is further grouped
by their local Government (LGA). Our list makes it easier for your
targeted location-based campaigns, advertisements and mobile marketing activities in a
cost effective way. We can also assist you in sending Bulk SMS to your targeted Nigerian
audience through our reliable SMS gateway.

2) We also have about 50,000 Nigerian email addresses for your bulk email marketing.

www.smscruize.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by easyfuture(m): 12:25am On May 30, 2018
[b][/b] many people have fallen prey to those predators. I so much appreciate this piece of advise.
Thumb up!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 31, 2018
@Davide470 Sorry if I indulge you.

I understand that as a moderator, it is part of your duty to maintain sanity in every thread under your purview. I equally understand why you felt the need to close down the DPR thread.

However, putting everything into perspective, closing down the thread (whether as a temporal measure or otherwise) isn't the right call. I say this with out prejudice to the authority which you wield.

I am sure you'd agree that not every person who comment in that thread is favorably disposed to the existence of the thread in the first place. Hence, dropping comments which could clearly create chaos and disorderniness in the thread could be a preconceived ploy, towards bringing the thread to a much anticipated end.

So you see, closing it down is going to act as an encouragement to these sets of people. Could placing anyone who violates any rule on ban not have been the right call to make, and thus, preserving the greater good of the thread?

I can as well go to any thread, and for some parochial reasons, decide to cause disordininess. For I'd be more than happy that rather than recieve a ban, the thread would be shut down.

Please I would plead with you to reconsider your actions and help us reopen the thread. Apart from giving some of us who do not have any source of information regarding the entire recruitment process, the thread has been a vital platform in sending a message to the powers handling the recruitment process, that we are indeed firmly and closely following up on each event as it unfolds.

Much thanks

Cc:

Dprpikin
Assume
Captain777
itzdanremi
Ghostofspata
Alzubair

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dprpikin: 1:23pm On May 31, 2018

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Captain777(m): 1:52pm On May 31, 2018
Thank you hammer2010 for bringing this to my notice. I was shocked to realized that the thread has been closed down. I understand a moniker with name futuristic has caused alot of trouble lately, which has led to exchange of harsh words and insults. But that's shouldn't be a reason to close that a thread that existed for more than 1.5 yrs.

There are so many people benefitting from this thread as the only source of information with regard to dpr recruitment. I personally would have missed the Interview if not for the kind members of this thread that alerted US about the invitation on portal. I believe there were many on the same shoe.

Pls do consider reopening the thread as soon as possible. Because this very moment is crucial. This is the finishing line. This is final stage.

Thank you.

Cc
ItsDanrimi
Hammer2010
AlZubair
Onyeridike
Dprpikin
Neverdown999
Xxkape

hammer2010:
@Davide470 Sorry if I indulge you.

I understand that as a moderator, it is part of your duty to maintain sanity in every thread under your purview. I equally understand why you felt the need to close down the DPR thread.

However, putting everything into perspective, closing down the thread (whether as a temporal measure or otherwise) isn't the right call. I say this with out prejudice to the authority which you wield.

I am sure you'd agree that not every person who comment in that thread is favorably disposed to the existence of the thread in the first place. Hence, dropping comments which could clearly create chaos and disorderniness in the thread could be a preconceived ploy, towards bringing the thread to a much anticipated end.

So you see, closing it down is going to act as an encouragement to these sets of people. Could placing anyone who violates any rule on ban not have been the right call to make, and thus, preserving the greater good of the thread?

I can as well go to any thread, and for some parochial reasons, decide to cause disordininess. For I'd be more than happy that rather than recieve a ban, the thread would be shut down.

Please I would plead with you to reconsider your actions and help us reopen the thread. Apart from giving some of us who do not have any source of information regarding the entire recruitment process, the thread has been a vital platform in sending a message to the powers handling the recruitment process, that we are indeed firmly and closely following up on each event as it unfolds.

Much thanks

Cc:

Dprpikin
Assume
Captain777
itzdanremi
Ghostofspata
Alzubair

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by KYak: 6:46pm On May 31, 2018
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

HELP ME CONFIRM THIS JOB INTERVIEW IF IT'S LEGIT.

I was sent this text message: based on your application to M.H.S, please note that you are required to come over for an assessment interview with the HR dept on Friday. 31/05/2018. Time, 9 am.
Address: 65c Opebi road, opposite glass house by salvation b/stop, opebi, ikeja, lagos. www.made hills solution.com.ng

Please help me check it its legit. The interview is tomorrow.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by xyluz: 10:17pm On May 31, 2018
KYak:

HELP ME CONFIRM THIS JOB INTERVIEW IF IT'S LEGIT.

I was sent this text message: based on your application to M.H.S, please note that you are required to come over for an assessment interview with the HR dept on Friday. 31/05/2018. Time, 9 am.
Address: 65c Opebi road, opposite glass house by salvation b/stop, opebi, ikeja, lagos. www.made hills solution.com.ng

Please help me check it its legit. The interview is tomorrow.

M.H.S is a scam.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by skylitelog: 10:46pm On May 31, 2018
Pls did u go for that interview at skyfire Limited and what was the outcome? Thank you.
Koolbaby4few:
Please, does anyone know about Skyfire limited Ikoyi Lagos?
And what exactly they are into or is it GNLD?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by pizzle123(m): 8:52am On Jun 01, 2018
U are Invitd 4 an Interview On Mon 4th June '18, 12.30pm @ Mutual Benefits Life Ass,75,lagos Rd,slot Buildng,haruna B/stop,ikorodu,come Wt Ur Cv & Credentials

how true is this?.....pls help
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by deolurexy1(m): 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2018
Hello,this is to inform you that your interview is scheduled for Saturday 2nd June 2018,will hold by 8:30am, at 4, ogungbeye street off amaraolu street, agidingbi ikeja, Lagos. Kindly make yourself available and check your mail for more details.

Please guys is this an authentic invite?

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.