Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1810809 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by queengechee(f): 8:16pm On Oct 22, 2022
Fiverr 5 star ⭐️ reviews available USA �� CANADA �� UAE ��
@ $7 only

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by reina20183: 6:03pm On Oct 23, 2022
Apply for content writer - Remote work

$4 per hour

https://callyexpress.com/callyexpress-career-page/
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by TemidireM: 11:23am On Oct 26, 2022
Tagbee:
Good evening everyone, please I just want to ask about Dominion consulting limited . 4A, Akinfenwa Street, behind Tantalizer, Ogba, Lagos, to know how real the company is because I got an interview invite for tomorrow. Please help out if anyone knows about them.

Dominion Consulting is a full-fledged consulting firm which offers Human Resource Consulting and Management consulting services that work to help businesses grow within and outside Africa.

WE ARE REAL AND A LEGALISED BUSINESS FIRM.
THIS IS OUR WEBSITE:https://dominionconsulting.com.ng/ for more verification.

Thanks.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by TemidireM: 11:27am On Oct 26, 2022
Tagbee:
Good evening everyone, please I just want to ask about Dominion consulting limited . 4A, Akinfenwa Street, behind Tantalizer, Ogba, Lagos, to know how real the company is because I got an interview invite for tomorrow. Please help out if anyone knows about them.

Dominion Consulting is a full-fledged consulting firm which offers Human Resource Consulting and Management consulting services that work to help businesses grow within and outside Africa.

WE ARE REAL AND A LEGALISED BUSINESS FIRM.

THIS IS OUR WEBSITE: https://dominionconsulting.com.ng/ for more verification.

Thanks.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by reina20183: 12:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
Callyexpress Career Page

Available Position- Content Writer – Remote Job

Callyexpress is a leading newly built software company in Europe, we are recruiting for the position of content writer.

We are into article marketing, products recommendation directly from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (O.E.M) / Accredited Distributor (AD). Our team focus on providing positive details/writing reviews about products. Our reviews however will assist new customers to purchase the rightful products for consumption or can either assist the original equipment manufacturer to improve in production.

We are looking for experienced Content Writers who are passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build, and roll out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.

Responsibilities:

Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify, and fill content gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
Create buy-in for content vision both internally and with key external partners.
Translate content strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
Act as a article evangelist to build awareness and understanding
Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company’s products and services

Skills:

ICT Knowledge
Excellent writing skills
Proven ability to develop marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to management
Understanding / hands-on experience in internet surfing and web technologies

Work type: Remote/Online Job

Country Eligibility: Globally

Benefits: $4/hour

Registration Deadline: 21/11/2022

Application Requirement:

If you’re interested in working remotely with callyexpress

The application process is free

Kindly follow the steps carefully for your application online.

Firstly, you will need to register with your valid email contact as it will be use to contact you for next stage of the recruitment process: Click here to register https://callyexpress.com/edit-2/

Secondly, you will need to write and submit an engaging article on any of the category of the titles, and it must be free from plagiarism. Our recruitment team will conduct screening based on your submission.

visit page to submit your article : https://callyexpress.com/2022/10/15/free-articles-portal/

Successful users will be contacted via email, trainings and job tasks will be done remotely.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kunlesta: 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2022
URGENT VACANCIES!!!

Vacancies exist in a mid-size Audit Firm (Port Harcourt, Rivers State) for the position of Graduate Trainees (Preferably male).

Qualifications:
1. BSc. Second Class Upper (2.1) in Accounting/Economics/Finance or Business Administration.
2. Applicants must not be above 27 years by December 2022
3. Experience not compulsory.

Skills:
1. Proficient in MS Office, Excel and word especially.
2. Good communication skills, analytical and problem-solving skill.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Good team player.

Applicants should send their CV to graduatetraineesrecruitment@gmail.com

Only qualified applicants will be contacted for aptitude test and interview.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dolan: 6:01pm On Nov 02, 2022
Please can someone confirm for me if this invite is real

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by stevups(m): 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

I received the following from them. May their suffering be excruciating

Lagbaja AAA, reminder to meet with our consultants tomorrow by 12noon at No 5, Ogunsiji street, Allen avenue, Ikeja
Resv code:247MK/MAT/IFT17
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by banggy: 8:45am On Nov 05, 2022
Good morning all

If you can take English IGCSE effectively and you stay in Lagos

Kindly contact me @ Whatsapp 07034579079
or jerkinsono@gmail.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by promisedwealth(m): 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2022
HooxJnr:
Many companies no longer use gmail or yahoomail to receive applications from prospective applicants but a corporate mail. Eg recruitment@gtbank.com. In this 21st century, any company that can't afford a corporate email is probably a sham. I receive a lot of spam mails whenever I apply for a job using private mails.

Honestly people are you using different method to scam people... I recently worked for an establishment.. and was formally employed we were given target.. everyone went all out to get customers..
That invested millions out a blue the owner.. stop paying people their ROP and started holding our salaries.. As a matter fact now am being hunted.
I can't go out I have exhausted the little saving I have left.. the money I invested in the establishment I was supposed to you for rent is gone.. I can't pay my rent. I can't feed am helpless honestly.. I would advise anyone who is searching for a job to make proper inquiry about any job before involving yourself...
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Slickbishop(m): 8:14pm On Nov 08, 2022
You are hereby invited for an interview with Beyond Africa for the role of an Business Development Officer.

Beyond Africa is a startup. They are into selling of gadgets in wholesale and to retailers. ( Laptop, Phones etc). They are working on their website which will be up soon.

Please find details below.

Address: 4 Oyetubo Street, opposite olowu bus stop Awolowo Road, Ikeja Along.

Please is this real or fake?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by UKusedBoyfriend(m): 6:38am On Nov 10, 2022
There's a platform where you could earn at least 500 naira daily. It isn't much but like they say, half bread is better than none.

500 *30= 15000 at least you can use it for data subscription or other miscellaneous expenses

If you are interested, quote this with your email address.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by wentroublecomes: 2:24am On Nov 12, 2022
Dear ________,

Congratulations.

After careful review of your resume we are pleased to invite you for an Interview with Dave Construction Works Company

Our office is located at No.5, Odu-Onikosi Avenue,opp AOCOED, Otunba Bus-stop, along Badagry Expressway, Lagos State.

Date: Tuesday 15th November, 2022

Time: 11am prompt

Please call _______________ for more information

Thanks.

Please, help me check. Is this address real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by KingRay27: 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2022
Please, after the last phase of Aptitude test and Interaction with the Sterling Bank Talent acquisition team by October ending, has anyone gotten feedback from them concerning the next process
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ComradeShegs(m): 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2022
I've been waiting for over a month now since I undertook an aptitude test and oral interview by Zenith Bank, Lagos Ajose. Ever since the interview, I haven't received any feedback, not even a rejection mail. At least a rejection mail will get my mind off it.

I'm currently jobless, and desperately looking for a job. If you have the means to help, please indulge me.

I'm a Political Science student from Ahmadu Bello University with a 2.1, although I believe ones course of study doesn't define ones career part, that's the reason why I've been building myself. I've enrolled for short courses on Coursera to boost my personal development. I'm presently learning Tech skills, Google UX Design and I'll keep learning.

Please I recide in Lagos and ready to work. I can make available my CV on request. Thank you.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 15, 2022
Benefits of Project Management

Project management and resource planning are crucial in building a good business organization, and we would discuss what they both mean to fully understand the benefits of project management and resource planning.

WHAT IS PROJECT MANAGEMENT? Project management oversees projects and organizes workers to achieve a very successful project. The main purpose of this term is to manage and distribute labor for workers accurately and equitably.

Thus, making the production a very successful one. The purpose of project management is to ensure the effective use of resources and effective production.

For effective production, the project manager must utilize basic principles, skills, techniques, and methods.

What are resources? Resources are the purchased materials that are available for utilization for a particular project. So, they are often in the form of solid materials humans can handle and use.

However, resources could be in the form of abstract ideas like knowledge, expertise, and experience in a particular field. Resources could also be in the form of human labor availability.

Thus, resource planning is the process of estimating, allocating, and distributing these many types of resources during the course of completing a project.

To conclude the above paragraphs, a good example of resource planning is the act of allocating individuals and labor to their specific areas of specialization and expertise and attributing material resources to them.

BENEFITS OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND RESOURCE PLANNING Project management and resource planning are important aspects of overseeing projects.

Hence, both work together as none of the two can operate alone.

With the above explanations, you would agree that businesses and projects won’t succeed without implementing project management and resource planning ideas and techniques.

We will discuss the benefits of these two different but interrelated concepts carefully below.

Read more here: https://igbodefence.com/benefits-of-project-management/

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Schfbrains(m): 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2022
Rotawn Energy & Logistics is a holding company with subsidiaries; an indigenous Nigerian company-offering tailor made solutions to the Oil and Gas, Maritime and Government Sector focusing on developing skills & offering superior services within the company around industry standard policies. These solutions and services cover Procurement; Air, Land & Sea Transportation & Logistics and Construction (Civil & Technical) focus, to develop skills & offer superior services within the company around industry standard policies.
Job Description –
Responsibilities:
• Loan Portfolio Management including entries, disbursements, repayments and updating of outstanding loan balances;
• Client database management;
• Send clients their statement of account monthly as required as well as on request;
• Monthly and Quarterly account reporting and reconciliations;
• Close of the year account reporting and reconciliations;
• Financial analysis of recorded transactions;
• Investor’s transactions reporting and reconciliations;
• Income Statement preparation and reporting;
• Maintenance of company’s transactional records;
• Tracking and monitoring of loan performance using identified KPIs;
• Upward Management reporting on a weekly & monthly basis;
• Work closely with both the external and internal auditors to make sure books are in order.
• Collection/Recovery of aging loan portfolios.
• Work closely with Credit/Loan Officers (LO) to execute recovery techniques and strategies including, loan write off mapping, regular office/home visit and chasing, and collecting.
• Measuring financial risk associated with lending decisions
• Preparing accounting and other required reports and projections based on the analysis performed.
• Provide recommendations for improvement based on trends.
• Develop and institute accounting & business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Assist in obtaining necessary licenses and insurance.
• Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by Line Manager.

Required Capabilities:
• Must possess excellent command of English Language;
• Must pay rapt attention to details and able to work under pressure;
• Must be proactive and a quick thinker, good & strong analytical skills.
• Must have at least 3 years’ experience as a financial analyst;
• Must have an advanced Excel (Query) knowledge, Financial Modelling and Valuation skills.
• Must be an expert in Microsoft Excel, Power BI and all other analytical tools.

Job Type: Full-time
• Salary: 150,000-180,000 Net
Send CV to hr@rotawn.com with “Financial Analyst’’ as the subject of the mail.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Symplyy: 7:17am On Nov 17, 2022
LaurelP:

You're right
But no genuine company will hide its identity from you no matter how backward in technology they are
Believe me, if I see a genuine invite, I will know no matter d obsolete means used

Helpful. Thanks for sharing this.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 21, 2022
Glo 1K for 6Gb
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 21, 2022
reina20183:
Callyexpress Career Page

Available Position- Content Writer – Remote Job

Callyexpress is a leading newly built software company in Europe, we are recruiting for the position of content writer.

We are into article marketing, products recommendation directly from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (O.E.M) / Accredited Distributor (AD). Our team focus on providing positive details/writing reviews about products. Our reviews however will assist new customers to purchase the rightful products for consumption or can either assist the original equipment manufacturer to improve in production.

We are looking for experienced Content Writers who are passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build, and roll out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.

Responsibilities:

Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify, and fill content gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
Create buy-in for content vision both internally and with key external partners.
Translate content strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
Act as a article evangelist to build awareness and understanding
Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company’s products and services

Skills:

ICT Knowledge
Excellent writing skills
Proven ability to develop marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to management
Understanding / hands-on experience in internet surfing and web technologies

Work type: Remote/Online Job

Country Eligibility: Globally

Benefits: $4/hour

Registration Deadline: 21/11/2022

Application Requirement:

If you’re interested in working remotely with callyexpress

The application process is free

Kindly follow the steps carefully for your application online.

Firstly, you will need to register with your valid email contact as it will be use to contact you for next stage of the recruitment process: Click here to register https://callyexpress.com/edit-2/

Secondly, you will need to write and submit an engaging article on any of the category of the titles, and it must be free from plagiarism. Our recruitment team will conduct screening based on your submission.

visit page to submit your article : https://callyexpress.com/2022/10/15/free-articles-portal/

Successful users will be contacted via email, trainings and job tasks will be done remotely.

Bros make una dey Fear God oh
4$ per hour
Hmm
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Peachy01(f): 10:33am On Nov 24, 2022
Does anyone know about leemart resources organization in Ibadan ?? Probably gone for their interview before

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Adjovi: 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2022
Please I got this text about an interview I don't remember applying for it tho....

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by babtoundey(m): 7:35am On Nov 27, 2022
Please, I need to find out how true this is. No name of the company, just the job position, location and time of the interview.

Though i have been applying for job on this position but common sense is telling me it's not one of the ones have applied for.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by aircom(m): 11:44am On Dec 01, 2022
Hello Guys.. Please I applied for a job on indeed 2 days ago(Tuesday) for the position of a Personal assistant. I got a reply this morning for an interview fixed for tomorrow. I just need you guys to help me confirm if it's fake please. I can't seem to find anything on prestige consults online. I stay very far from the location given in the email.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Salientsinmi: 11:18am On Dec 04, 2022
Please I want to confirm this address and this job invite, if it real. I know a lot of scammers operate around this axis at Ogba and the email address if fishy.
The address is 38, Yaya Abatan road, Ogba

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by wentroublecomes: 5:52am On Dec 05, 2022
Salientsinmi:
Please I want to confirm this address and this job invite, if it real. I know a lot of scammers operate around this axis at Ogba and the email address if fishy.
The address is 38, Yaya Abatan road, Ogba

Next time u don't reveal Ur email and the company email. A lot of people will start messaging dem. U can just crop out the picture of the message

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.