Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,825 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall (13164 Views)

Army General, 14 Others Face Military Tribunal In Lagos / Ex-gov Adamu, 19 Others Face 149-count Charge / Boni Haruna, Two Others Face 28 Fresh Graft Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by Anasko(m): 5:58am On Aug 04, 2014
Six of the 20 members of the People’s Democratic
Party (PDP) including Speaker of the Nasarawa
State
House of Assembly, Musa Ahmed Mohammed,
who signed the impeachment notice against
Governor Umaru Tanko Al-Makura, are facing
recall by their constituents over allegations that
they did not consult properly before embarking on
the exercise.
The other five members are: the deputy speaker,
Elisha Agwadu, Mohammed Baba Ibaku,
Abdulkarim Usman, Francis Orogu and
Mohammed Sidi Bako. In two of the
constituencies, namely Nasarawa-Central, and
Udege/Loko, where the speaker and Ibaku are
representing, respectively, people have for the
past two weeks been collecting signatures from
constituents. But the other constituencies have
just commenced the exercise, Daily Trust
gathered.
In Nasarawa-Central, the constituents have
already set up a central committee headed by the
chairman of Nasarawa Local Government Area,
Tijjani Ahmed, who is coordinating the recall
process with three sub-committees.
A former council chairman, Barrister Mohammed
Sani Bawa is heading the Nasarawa-Central sub-
committee, the state Commissioner of Agriculture,
Danladi Madaki, is heading the sub-committee for
Udege, while Alhaji Ibrahim Gambo and Nuhu
Abubakar, a former councillor is heading the sub-
committee for Loko axis.
The council chairman, Tijjani Ahmed, told Daily
Trust yesterday that there are also seven sub-
committees for the seven wards of Nasarawa-
Central, just as there are 44 sub-committees set
up to coordinate signatories in the 44 polling
units of the constituency.
“We are on course and signatures have started
coming in from constituents against the two
lawmakers representing the two constituencies of
Nasarawa Local Government,” Ahmed said.
The state commissioner of Agriculture, Madaki
told Daily Trust that constituents are “falling over
each other to append their signatures against
Ibaku,” just as Sani Bawa said they are getting
signatures from Angwan Dalatu polling unit,
where the speaker voted in 2011.
But Ibaku, who confirmed he is aware of the
process initiated to commence his recall, said he
is not bothered by the development.
“I was voted by 43,500 PDP members of my
constituency in 2011. My opponent polled only
13,000. If the 43,500 people who elected me say
they want me out; I will be bothered. If
disgruntled APC members in their microscopic
minority are initiating a recall against me, I will be
sleeping and waiting for 90 days for our people to
go a referendum to decide who is more popular in
Udege/Loko,” he said.
When contacted, the speaker’s spokesman, Tanko
Ibrahim, said: “Frankly speaking, I have no
comments.”
Francis Orogu, on his part, confirmed the moves
against him but insisted that the process is not
one to give him sleepless nights.
“I have 100 per cent support from my
constituents to go ahead with the impeachment
against the governor. I consulted my people and
they gave me the go ahead. Today, they are
promising me an automatic ticket because I did
them proud by appending my signature to the
impeachment notice,” he said.
This is just as Lanze Kassim Ujah, a legislative
aide to Usman of Wamba, said he is aware of
plans by the minority APC members in his area to
recall his boss, but added: “My boss consulted
his constituents and got their approval. He is still
in touch with his constituents”.
The deputy speaker, Elisha Agwandu said he got
the mandate of a majority PDP constituent to
represent the area in the state assembly, just as
he insisted that he had the approval of the
electorate to sign the impeachment notice against
the governor. Sidi Bako could not be reached at
press time.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/30771-impeachment-nasarawa-speaker-5-others-face-recall
Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by MANGAM(m): 6:04am On Aug 04, 2014
Democracy @work

16 Likes

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by aminho(m): 6:23am On Aug 04, 2014
pdp has shown apc how it is done,

12 Likes

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 04, 2014
Ok
Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by beejay1207(m): 6:26am On Aug 04, 2014
Lol! The game is changing......i love politics

4 Likes

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by Billygee2u: 6:26am On Aug 04, 2014
hahaha,politics waooo grin
Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by YoursGEJ(m): 6:26am On Aug 04, 2014
Sharrap. Nigerians have no balls to recall politicians. Do they even know what page in the constitution gives directives as to instituting a recall. Even if they do, 1 kg of stapled rice will convince them to change their minds. Nigerians, and the youths especially, are waiting for somebody to hand their future to them on a platter of gold and they will keep waiting. If recalls were common, politicians will sit up but it is not possible in Nigeria because you will still find some cursed human beings who have been paid to sell the future of their children and participate in support rallies for the incompetent politicians

If Americans mention recall, Nigerians too go talk recall. Abegi make I hear word jare

22 Likes

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by colossus2: 6:26am On Aug 04, 2014
Not a new thing.
We are only spectators

16 Likes

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by tbagjames(m): 6:28am On Aug 04, 2014
nothing to comment
Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by colossus2: 6:28am On Aug 04, 2014
YoursGEJ: Sharrap. Nigerians have no balls to recall politicians
Bros why you dey cry shocked

3 Likes

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by Omexonomy: 6:29am On Aug 04, 2014
Nigeria is a jungle where anything goes. The western world should come and learn what democracy is from us.

1 Like

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by Akbee(m): 6:29am On Aug 04, 2014
recall,yes recall those dudes cos they never sent home sum bags of rice during el de kabir besides u made a big mistake by electing them in the first place..
recall.recall ,rebuke,impeach,violate,bribe,embezzle,assasinate,DECAMP n RETURN after few months if u cant fulfil ar selfish aims in the oda party..those words best qualify Nigerian govt n politics.
who ks?if no be current affairs i for no evn waste my 15mb from mtn for dis kind tori.

1 Like

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by Ahuitzotl: 6:29am On Aug 04, 2014
Recalled for doing their Job?!...What an irony.

4 Likes

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by Sacramento4real(m): 6:30am On Aug 04, 2014
As u bend down dey look person yanch,na so anoda person dey bend down dey look ur own yanch. grin

1 Like

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 04, 2014
My worry in this matter that is similar to Ebola virus is that one must pass through lafia to get to makurdi. I don't want to take through lokoja to get there please!

1 Like

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by Tosin007(m): 6:30am On Aug 04, 2014
Lol, so they recall legislators in Nigeria... I'm hearing this for the 1st time

2 Likes

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by Skynet247(m): 6:34am On Aug 04, 2014
Hmmmmmh
Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 04, 2014
Tosin007: Lol, so they recall legislators in Nigeria... I'm hearing this for the 1st time

They do....but very rarely. Infact I can faintly recall one episode.

1 Like

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by Sijo01(f): 6:37am On Aug 04, 2014
I can't wait to see the end of this.

1 Like

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by 3Dimension: 6:38am On Aug 04, 2014
Recalling the recaller!

Naija Politics a tale of Tom and Jerry.

1 Like

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by borlarge(m): 6:40am On Aug 04, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]season film undecidedseason film
Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:40am On Aug 04, 2014
The process in Nigeria is too complex, I doubt of the electorate will succeed.
Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by emmyw(m): 6:42am On Aug 04, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by borlarge(m): 6:43am On Aug 04, 2014
.. tongue..
Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by 0rlando0woh: 6:45am On Aug 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: The process in Nigeria is too complex, I doubt of the electorate will succeed.
There is nothing complex about it, all they need is to get the required number of signatures, present it to the state INEC officer, who then organises a referendum where the signatures are confirmed.

1 Like

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by dedons: 6:46am On Aug 04, 2014
grin
Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by dridowu: 6:46am On Aug 04, 2014
The sh1t of paper used for compiling the signatures will thown into the latrine . The best move Gov Al-Makura can do is to have a real man-man meeting with the speaker or any of pdp members in the house so safe him from impeachment

1 Like

Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 04, 2014
APC at work!
Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by BrAkingNews: 6:56am On Aug 04, 2014
f
Re: Impeachment: Nasarawa Speaker, 5 Others Face Recall by tbagjames(m): 6:58am On Aug 04, 2014
YoursGEJ: Sharrap. Nigerians have no balls to recall politicians. Do they even know what page in the constitution gives directives as to instituting a recall. Even if they do, 1 kg of stapled rice will convince them to change their minds. Nigerians, and the youths especially, are waiting for somebody to hand their future to them on a platter of gold and they will keep waiting. If recalls were common, politicians will sit up but it is not possible in Nigeria because you will still find some cursed human beings who have been paid to sell the future of their children and participate in support rallies for the incompetent politicians

If Americans mention recall, Nigerians too go talk recall. Abegi make I hear word jare
Big grammer

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Asks President Buhari To Sign Nigeria Startup Bill When NASS Passes It / Alamieyeseigha Was Pardoned For Critical Political & Security Reasons / Fuel Scarcity: Resign Now, Fayose Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.