Stats: 3,194,808 members, 7,956,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:37 PM

Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now (52831 Views)

A must read for your computer safety! Stop Sharing Usb Flash Drives / Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] / USB Flash Drives In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
Oyinbo people be like babalawo wey do charm for cockroach to dey disappear, and him be the same wey they do charm to meet preys for the cock.

Na dem go tell u to eat this thing, and na dem go tell u say the thing dey cause cancer...

Make dem go siddon jare..

Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by Babyboy1986(m): 6:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hahaha u no get work.
cirmuell: Duh, fear grip me o shocked i tot the thing been they spread ebola too. grin

Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by Damey2011(m): 6:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
LOL.. to be sincere, I actually thought it could spread Ebola also grin

Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
cirmuell: Duh, fear grip me o shocked i tot the thing been they spread ebola too. grin

Me too!!! grin Na wa o!
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by sandrapower(f): 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
heee
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by modskiller(m): 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
Izokay

Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by akereconfi: 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
They should be more scared of things like this

Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by sawhite: 6:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Just imagine ebola is contagious on ne
t

Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2014

Lol! @ all those who thought it spreads ebola. grin
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by tellwisdom: 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
Researcher, u dey learn work??sad
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by digitite: 6:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
Cloud computing is the future cool

Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by Appswheel(m): 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS MAN, WOMAN, SOCIAL MEDIA PERSON. YOU ARE A GUEST ON NAIRALAND, NOT REGISTERED.... I BET YOU, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING....... THE TRAFFIC, MARKET YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR IN SOKOTO (FACEBOOK & CO IS RIGHT HERE ON - NAIRALAND)

Nairaland is Nigeria’s most popular forum. It is the ideal place to meet Nigerians, home & abroad. Provided you know how to use Nairaland, it would help pull a lot of traffic to your web/blog sites and a platform to advertise goods and services targeted at Nigerians.

DO NOT MIND THE NUMBERING.

1. BOLD
Makes selected text and numbers bold

2. ITALICS
Makes selected text and numbers italic

3. STRIKE THROUGH

Place a rule over a written text

4. ALIGN LEFT

Aligns texts to the left

5. ALIGN RIGHT

Aligns texts to the right

6. CENTER ALIGN

[center]Aligns texts to the center[/center]

7. HORIZONTAL RULE

Draws an horizontal line across the document.

8. FONT SIZE

[size"equals sign"20pt]Increases[/size] or [size"equals sign"6pt]decreases[/size] the font .

To use this tool

1. Highlight the text whose size you want to increase or decrease.

You will be see a square bracket around the highlighted text, eg

[Size"equals sign"8pt] Sample[/Size]

2. Specify desired text Size.

9. FONT FACE

[font"equals sign"Lucida Sans Unicode]This is used to change the text appearance .[/font]

To use this tool

1. Highlight/select the text whose appearance you want to change,

You will be see a square bracket around the highlighted text, eg
[Font "equals sign" Andalus] Sample[/Font]

2. Specify desired font type – in front of the “=” (equals) sign.

10. IMAGE
This is used to display an image within a post, see Example above.

How display/insert an image

1. Search for the image you want to display online, or upload the image of your choice to an online location -your blog, right click on the image and click Copy image URL(for google Chrome browser, for Firefox, it is Copy image Location) . See image below

image url

Note: You do not have control over the image size in Nairaland editor, you must ensure that the image size from source, is your desired size.

2. Paste the image URL where you want it to appear in your post.

3. Highlight/select the image Url

4. Click on the image tool. A square bracket will appear around the image

11. HYPERLINK

This is used to display a customized link See Example.

How to display a custom Hyperlink text.

1. Highlight the text you want to use as link.

2. Click on the hyperlink tool.

A square bracket will appear around the highlighted text. See sample below

[-url-]FAN PAGE[/url]

3. place an = (equals sign) in the first square bracket, that is [url=]

4. Paste the link URL after the equals sign(=), Note: Do not put a quote(“) around the link. now you should have something like [url"equals sign" http://facebook.com/appswheel]FAN PAGE[/url].

12. SUBSCRIPT/SUPERSCRIPT

Subscript: type very small letter just below a text.

Superscript: type very small letter just above a text.

To use this tool

1. Highlight the text you want to make a subscript/superscript.

2. Click on superscript/subscript tool.

13. CODE

Designates a fragment of computer code. Makes text appear like preformated text. See sample below:

"This is a preformatted text"

To use this tool.

1. Highlight the text you’ll to appear as code

2. Click on the Code tool.

14. QUOTE

This tool performs two primary functions:

1. Lay emphasize on a block of text within a document.
2. its Popular use on nairaland is for responding to an earlier post/comment.
See example below

How to quote in Nairaland

In the example above, A nairaland user miracle4 responded to a comment made by another user Appswheel. See Appswheel comment circled in red, and miracle4 response below it.

To use this tool.

1. Highlight the text you’ll to appear as a quote.

2. Click on the quote tool.

A square bracket will appear around the highlighted text. S

3. Type your response before or after the quote tags.

Alternatively.

1. Click on (quote), directly below the comment you want to respond to.

2. Type your response

15. Smiley

A smiley is a sequence of typed characters that creates a rough picture of something, such as a facial expression.

To use this tool.

1. Place your cursor where you want a smiley to appear in your document

2. Click on your desired smiley.

16. FONT COLOR

Formats the selected text with the color you click

To change font/text color.

1. Highlight/select the text
2. choose desired color from change color dropdown.

The description provided here is an abridge version of what is available where this post is stolen from, i advise you to reads from the SOURCE

Is there any thing missing? If you have more information on how to use nairaland editor, kindly provide the information as a comment below. If you have any questions on how to use nairaland, leave it as a comment to this post.

THOSE WHO READ THIS POST ALSO READ: HOW TO MAKE A POST IN NAIRALAND

Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
Babyboy1986: Ok ooo, I go come back to comment i just dey pass by.
same
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by omoadeleye(m): 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
thank God say dat one too no dey cux Ebola
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by evea: 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Dis na usb ebola virus attack. Evybody tk cova
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by 4reigningqueen: 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
sailormoon:
I was thinking the same thing lool

so, we should break our neck just to view your profile picture.
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by milky3(f): 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
Companies that make antiviruses also make computer viruses in order to keep up with business. It's a good research anyway.
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by sailormoon: 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
4reigningqueen:

so, we should break our neck just to view your profile picture.
If you like
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by BrAkingNews: 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2014

Relatives Drop Dead Ebola Victims On Streets In Liberia (WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT)
>>>>>> http://www./international-celebrities-news/relatives-drop-dead-ebola-victims-on-streets-in-liberia/
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by GreenBobo: 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
It's a necessary evil (If there's anything as such), I can't imagine being 'stingy' with my USB ports! My computer would be so 'boring' and inefficient without it! Until we Come up with something better, I ain't quiting!
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by webcalculator(m): 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
space reserved
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by tpia1: 7:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
um.
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by Ossaifamous(m): 7:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
Infact ehn me self shock

Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by piagetskinner(m): 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
shocked Ah...aya mi ja o
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by 573V31D(m): 7:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
Tucees: Hmmm? So what's the alternative for large file sharing? Is there a way to counter this "duping" should incase someones intent of sharing my port is to infiltrate my system?
personal trust and ur confidence in his flash drive handling
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by tpia1: 7:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
digitite: Cloud computing is the future cool

anything can be hacked.
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by iJAY1: 7:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
damn! you made me unplug my phone from my PC as though an attack was imminent. thanks though
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by anytaij: 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
Omo no be only u oooooo dis ebola thing don dey make me sick sef. Can't just stop thinking.
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by iJAY1: 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
greatestman: Ebola and USB

That was my initial thought

me too
Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 7:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
A guy once tried to gain covert access to my one of my bros' files by pretentiously asking to copy a sizable file from his laptop via a usb flash drive. My bros, who was browsing the net when his guy requested the file from him was wise enough to disconnect his internet connection while copying the file, immediately his guy left him.
His guy entered a nearby cybercafe, then rushed back to my bros and asked: " Is it copying?"
My bros replied, "Yes, it's copying"
Moreover, my bros would reconnect the internet once he saw that his guy approaching him. He would confirm it and ran back to the cybercafe only for my bros to quickly disconnect the internet connection.

"Are you sure it is copying"?, the guy asked, almost shouting as he ran back to him once again.
"O yes!", bros replied, who on impulse, had quickly reconnected to the web.
His guy was baffled. grin He could not understand why he failed to establish connection with my bros' laptop from the nearby cybercafe via his usb flash drive, even when he could still see my bros happily browsing away on his laptop. grin grin grin

Ma bros!, nawaaa for you ooo!! grin grin grin
GUY MAN NO DEY GUY GUY MAN! cool

Re: Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now by 1metre: 7:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Pls guys,when u insert a memory stick/card in a PC and it tells u dat the device is 'right protected'wat does it mean?

Grade A USA Used HP Spectre Core I5 With Keyboard Light For Sale. / 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014 / Oracle DBA Corner