Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. (3543 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa / OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by Oklander: 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
http://www.4icu.org/ng/
With two Iron ore mining companies, this state seems to be getting everything wrong, it is one of the poorest state in Nigeria. Presently its University maintains second to the last position in the country. Quite unfortunate.

First five
1 University of Ilorin
Ilorin
2 University of Lagos
Lagos
3 Obafemi Awolowo University
Ile-Ife
4 University of Ibadan
Ibadan
5 Landmark University
Omu-Aran

Last five
108 Tansian University
Umunya ...
109 Godfrey Okoye University
Ugwuomu-Nike
110 Katsina University
Katsina
111 Kogi State University
Anyigba

112 Akwa Ibom State University
Uyo
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by AbuMikey(m): 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
hahaha gringrin

........and their school fees is 50K plus... chai cheesy
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by Oklander: 11:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
AbuMikey: hahaha gringrin

........and their school fees is 50K plus... chai cheesy
Lol, I doubt !
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by defendedvictim(m): 2:18am On Aug 05, 2014
...all I see is akwa ibom state university.

Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by Oklander: 3:34am On Aug 05, 2014
defendedvictim: ...all I see is akwa ibom state university.
...Lol

Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by lyriclekidd(m): 4:17am On Aug 05, 2014
Oklander: http://www.4icu.org/ng/
With two Iron ore mining companies, this state seems to be getting everything wrong, it is one of the poorest state in Nigeria. Presently its University maintains second to the last position in the country. Quite unfortunate.

First five
1 University of Ilorin
Ilorin
2 University of Lagos
Lagos
Ile-Ife
4 University of Ibadan
Ibadan
5 Landmark University
Omu-Aran

Last five
108 Tansian University
Umunya ...
Ugwuomu-Nike
110 Katsina University
Katsina
Anyigba

Uyo

y dnt u pple get it?? Its webiometric and not academic wise

Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by tundemogba12(m): 6:51am On Aug 05, 2014
What is the yardstick used in the ranking? We should know!
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by alentyno: 7:25am On Aug 05, 2014
OP. Wait till OAU students catch you. Be better prepared for the e-war. Did I forget to mention that for the very fact that OAU is not in the 1st position, this thread will hardly make FP?

Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by jemsi(f): 7:48am On Aug 05, 2014
All dis liars, mtchew lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by bankyblue(m): 8:13am On Aug 05, 2014
the three last University should be relegated to polytechnic.

Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by Djicemob: 8:37am On Aug 05, 2014
jemsi: All dis liars, mtchew lipsrsealed embarassed
Kpele o. Are u from KSU?
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by cirmuell(m): 8:48am On Aug 05, 2014
Guys the ranking is based on web popularity undecided
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by JosephCudjoe(m): 9:21am On Aug 05, 2014
I served in Kogi state...My fear for dat state based on d LGA I served Is it needs an urgent intervation from its Govt.A LG where an average skool where by 80% of its staffs are Corpers...worst of all in subjects dat needs a constant personnel 2 teach students such as maths nd English.well as d saying goes..."God dey"
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by JosephCudjoe(m): 9:22am On Aug 05, 2014
*intervention
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by Adesam01(m): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2014
bankyblue: the three last University should be relegated to polytechnic.

This ranking is based on the number of visitors to the university website i.e. webometric and not based on the university education, administrative or infrastructural standard. It is misleading and It should be checked by NUC.

Well, KSU in that position is not surprising because they admit only Kogi State indigene massively and treat others like "shit" even when they are qualified.

N.S: Don't quote me if you don't have any good point or evidence to tackle my points! I was born and I grew up in Kogi State so I know what am saying.
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by Ayotricks(m): 9:30am On Aug 05, 2014
lol.....n skul fee fr non- indigene is 100k....na wah oo
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by yemi2plus(m): 9:31am On Aug 05, 2014
I'm a student of KSU and I know how things are bad here, however, I disagree that KSU is the second to last best school in Nigeria.

Like we may know, the yardstick used for ranking the schools the OP posted above is based on the numbers of online visitors and not on academics grounds and others. Therefore, the title of this thread is misleading and should be corrected.

Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by McWhillion(m): 9:35am On Aug 05, 2014
Many people on nairaland are quite naïve, Akwa Ibom State University being last on that list does not equate it to be the worst university in academics.
The above is a WEBOMETRIC list.
Web--- internet
Metric---- measurement

WEBOMETRIC simply means grading according to the web presence of the university. It means the most visible Nigerian university on the internet is Unilorin and the least visible on the internet Akwa Ibom State University.

If you don't believe this then you're living in a fool's paradise to think Landmark University is better academically than eminent federal universities such as ABU Zaria, Unizik, FUTA, FUTO, Uniben, etc

Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by yemi2plus(m): 9:44am On Aug 05, 2014
Adesam01:

Well, KSU in that position is not surprising because they admit only Kogi State indigene massively and treat others like "shit" even when they are qualified.

N.S: Don't quote me if you don't have any good point or evidence to tackle my points! I was born and I grew up in Kogi State so I know what am saying.

I'm from Kogi State and also a student of the school, however, I disagree with you that admission into the university is not based on Merit.

I have been around the school for more than three years now and I know how things work here. Like you may know, the entrance exam is CBT and the result is released latest 7 days after the exam and students are scored base on their performance.

Saying they admit more of their indigene is false and without evidence to backup your claim. You see, some students from other states like Ondo, Ekiti, Osun, Lagos, Oyo and other states in the south-west region of the country claim to come from the Kogi state and visit any part of Okun in the state to claim origin since they answer same yoruba names with people from Okun.

Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by yemi2plus(m): 9:46am On Aug 05, 2014
Ayotricks: lol.....n skul fee fr non- indigene is 100k....na wah oo

You're not totally right.

Most faculties pay 100,000.00Naira for non-indigene while others pay above. For indigence, the fee is 57,000.00Naira per section.
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by McWhillion(m): 9:47am On Aug 05, 2014
JosephCudjoe: I served in Kogi state...My fear for dat state based on d LGA I served Is it needs an urgent intervation from its Govt.A LG where an average skool where by 80% of its staffs are Corpers...worst of all in subjects dat needs a constant personnel 2 teach students such as maths nd English.well as d saying goes..."God dey"
You're misguided bro, the situation you just described is prevalent in MOST states across the federation.
Using the LG where you served as a yardstick for academic achievement is both preposterous and illogical.
Kwara state where you've Unilorin is one of the worst state in Nigeria education-wise. With the possible exclusion of towns like Ilorin, Omuaran and Offa, every other town/village in Kwara is academically backward.
In the Nupe region of Kwara, you will see schools with academic staff 100% Corpers, these schools are named NYSC Secondary Schools.
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by bankyblue(m): 9:52am On Aug 05, 2014
Adesam01:

This ranking is based on the number of visitors to the university website i.e. webometric and not based on the university education, administrative or infrastructural standard. It is misleading and It should be checked by NUC.

at first i was not going to quote u, but with the last line, i ve to do this.

1, re u a student of KSU?
2, why fighting this hard to make us get it?
3, dose this rating takes or add anything to KSU?
4, what is my own if they treat others like "shit"?
5, instead of fighting for there admmission i rather opt for okene collega of education
6, pls forward ur next quoting to NUC

thank you wink
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by Jhydey192(m): 10:23am On Aug 05, 2014
You guys don't get it. There's nothing like webometrics there o it's 4icu
#justsaying

Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by ijekul(m): 10:27am On Aug 05, 2014
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by merieam16(f): 11:44am On Aug 05, 2014
Issokay
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by oyatmicah(m): 12:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
i rep better by far. ksu sorry abt ur own luck
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by PrinceMario(m): 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
JosephCudjoe: I served in Kogi state...My fear for dat state based on d LGA I served Is it needs an urgent intervation from its Govt.A LG where an average skool where by 80% of its staffs are Corpers...worst of all in subjects dat needs a constant personnel 2 teach students such as maths nd English.well as d saying goes..."God dey"
you're right bro...i'm a kogite and i know how bad the situation of things are in that state. a state with the largest cement industry in africa and with two iron ore factories and the federal government allocation keeps coming in every month. yet, there is noting to show forth. the secondary school i graduate from didn't have physics,chemistry,mathematics and agric teachers, and there are science students in school. they rely solely on corpers to take these subjects and when corpers are through with their service,we became helpless till other batch arrive in which there might not be among them those who can take science courses. we really suffered,cause if u cant read on your own then you'r own your own oooooooo.

back to the topic.

Ksu kno too badt lyk dat jhor....90% of my classmates are in that school. so the webometric ranking is junk.

BTW, OAU is third on that list,so that ranking is 'super-junk' cause that magnified secondary school called unilorin cant out-positioned great ife as the leading Nigeria uni.
Waiting patiently for NUC ranking.
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by Trendy247: 1:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
Oklander: http://www.4icu.org/ng/

First five
1 University of Ilorin
Ilorin
2 University of Lagos
Lagos
Ile-Ife
4 University of Ibadan
Ibadan
5 Landmark University
Omu-Aran

Last five
108 Tansian University
Umunya ...
Ugwuomu-Nike
110 Katsina University
Katsina
Anyigba

Uyo
and who told u akwa ibom state uni is located in uyo?
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by kobonaire(m): 2:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
McWhillion: Many people on nairaland are quite naïve, Akwa Ibom State University being last on that list does not equate it to be the worst university in academics.
The above is a WEBOMETRIC list.
Web--- internet
Metric---- measurement

WEBOMETRIC simply means grading according to the web presence of the university. It means the most visible Nigerian university on the internet is Unilorin and the least visible on the internet Akwa Ibom State University.

If you don't believe this then you're living in a fool's paradise to think Landmark University is better academically than eminent federal universities such as ABU Zaria, Unizik, FUTA, FUTO, Uniben, etc
my guy, you make perfect sense .... kudos.
no be only mathematics you de scatter for NL

Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by Oklander: 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
alentyno: OP. Wait till OAU students catch you. Be better prepared for the e-war. Did I forget to mention that for the very fact that OAU is not in the 1st position, this thread will hardly make FP?
Lol...Catch ke! make I hear.
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by adewasco2k(m): 3:33pm On Aug 05, 2014

this can be found in many states bro...where i served (Osun), corpers dominated 97% of the school teachers, trust me on that statistic
Re: KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria. by Adesam01(m): 5:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
yemi2plus:

I'm from Kogi State and also a student of the school, however, I disagree with you that admission into the university is not based on Merit.

I have been around the school for more than three years now and I know how things work here. Like you may know, the entrance exam is CBT and the result is released latest 7 days after the exam and students are scored base on their performance.

Saying they admit more of their indigene is false and without evidence to backup your claim. You see, some students from other states like Ondo, Ekiti, Osun, Lagos, Oyo and other states in the south-west region of the country claim to come from the Kogi state and visit any part of Okun in the state to claim origin since they answer same yoruba names with people from Okun.

Alot of desperate admission seekers do this because that is the surest way to be admitted to KSU.

Some Likely Questions From Jamb’s INDEPENDENCE / “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy / The Parameters Of Signing Up Into This Forum Is Too Poor

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52