Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

“please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy (3543 Views)

I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents / Monica Osagie: I Can’t Get Justice From ICPC; They Think I’m Psychotic / UNIOSUN Lecturer, Sesan, Seen Flogging 200 Level English Department Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by IamHeWrites: 3:33pm On Dec 09, 2017
One Nigerian guy is currently at a confused state right and needs the candid advise of y’all.

So after battling to gain admission into a university in the country, our reader finally got admission into DELSU but unfortunately, had to be screened out because of wrong JAMB combinations.

He was too distraught to tell his parents, who could have had a minor breakdown – cause they’d been ecstatic about his admission at the time – and so went on with the flow of being admitted and received all the support he needed for school.

He planned on trying admission again this year but wasn’t so lucky and now his folks thinks he’s going to his second year and guilt has set in and he’s worried whether or not to tell them.

Read below:
“I’m born into the average Nigerian family. I’ve been seeking admission since 2014, all to no avail.. I finally got admitted to Delsu in 2016, my parents out of excitement announced it to the whole world.

But on getting to sch, I was screened out coz of wrong jamb subject and name errors on my credentials. I couldn’t summon courage to tell them coz my mum especially will be heart broken.

I collected all the fees and house rent and traveled, i kept them till this year tho and reapplied, but my name didn’t come out. I’m f-cked!. My parents think I’m in 200L now.

My dad has also given me school fees and house rent for this year, but everything is still intact. If I venture to tell my dad, I know that man too well, he might kill me or disown me. And my mum might just loose it she’s really fragile.

I pity her coz she’s been sending lots of foodstuffs and money from her petty business just to keep me going. I’M FEELING GUILTY AND AT THE SAME TIME SCARED! what do I do??”

http://www.torimill.com/2017/12/help-my-parents-think-i-currently-in.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

3 Likes

Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by carbon1224(m): 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2017
It’s better you let them know on time that the admission they gave you was fake so that it won’t be a problem later.

7 Likes

Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by Oye0404(m): 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2017
Why bit register for PT, or pre-degree, or ijmb. There are loads of options available gir admission aside jamb.

1 Like

Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by Topestbilly(m): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2017
This is what I tell parents stop claiming "we are your parents upandan" the relationship between us should be more than parents and children type, we are friends, comforters, lovers, advisers etc.... keep a relationship where they can tell you anything, no matter what.

As for you,

You need to open up but make sure you pick a day that you think it's better to tell them, and importantly make sure your result worth the waste of time and their money when you finally get the admission.

7 Likes

Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2017
go and correct the wrong

2 Likes

Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by solz007(m): 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2017
Bro.. Just tell 'em the truth and the plans you had which didn't come as thought.. It's better that way

1 Like

Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by HOTsomething: 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2017
How is this your story romantic undecided ?
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by Divay22(f): 4:11pm On Dec 09, 2017
If you don't tell them now, when do you think is the right time you can reveal it undecided is it when they are already expecting you to graduate?

You can talk to your mum, explain everything that happened and inturn your mum can tell your dad...it really not your fault... Tell them all their money for school fees and rent is still intact and you'll try again...

This is the best time to tell them, you've kept them in the dark for long ,it's better you tell it now and y'all can look for a way forward than hiding it....

It'll be hard and tough but you'll have peace of mind.

3 Likes

Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by Olachase(m): 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
Call your dad and mom together, give your dad a knife tell him dad after I might have said all I wanted to say just kill me, tell them your story and see the magic

Check my signature please and my profile picture thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2017
Tell them and become a useless son. U better start going to Libya before is too late

1 Like

Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2017
It's better you tell them you got kicked out of school. That your CGPA was very low.

Telling them you never got admitted in the first place, ain't cool and might depreciate the trust they got for you.

3 Likes

Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by Marcofranz(m): 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2017
He should have told probably the mother when he was asked to withdraw but ego and theft got the better part of him. Well the deed has been done he should just move back home and let them know , he should look for menial jobs to raise money for jamb cos he obviously must have spent the money that was given to him and no parent will give him another money after squandering the first money.he should read hard and get admitted trust me they will definitely pay his tuition fees.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by jaychubi: 6:35pm On Dec 09, 2017
Prodigal son
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by jaychubi: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2017
Prodigal son

U are using ur sch fees to flex in school
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by Equal2DeTask(m): 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2017
I YAM COMING.....
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by martinz1: 8:12pm On Dec 09, 2017
sorry bro
Tell them the truth
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by 9jaBloke: 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2017
Man up dude. Talk to your Dad. If he is capable of killing you, he won't have sent u to school. You should have owned up from the start. The earlier u tell him, the better for you.

I know u r the one wink

1 Like

Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by anthney87: 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
it is never too late.get into a poly now nd continue ur education.

admission is on in certain poly now. inbox me i will tel u d sch. still have chance to get d degree u want.
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by VERTEX1: 9:52pm On Dec 09, 2017
I would have advise you to let them know, but considering your mother's health you might consider doing this; (I can't say it here).
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by barackodam: 10:27pm On Dec 09, 2017
Ghen ghen.

All y'all saying he should tell his parents are actually being inconsiderate.

It's the right thing to do no doubt, but the question remains, how would he do that?
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by creatorsverse(m): 11:47pm On Dec 09, 2017
Oga join cult and after 3 months go and challenge ur capon and when dey kill u dat way ur parent will know u died in xkul

Fool why dint u tell dem dat this is what happened, who knows dey might know someone dat know someone dat will help
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by jericco1(m): 4:44am On Dec 10, 2017
anyways, I know a guy that parades himself as a final year student since my 100lvl now I'm in my final year, but he's yet to be admitted.
if you don't want to end up like him you better open up.
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by rex444(m): 8:18am On Dec 10, 2017
You have many options on what to do,worry less. Tell them u actually was supposed to be in 200l only to do proper findings and found out ur admission was fake after u paid ur tuition n all..
Or
You go to cotonou n get a three years program n before u know, ur done
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by sagerasaq: 9:41am On Dec 10, 2017
My younger Bro went through this though he finally Got admitted dis year.. he just told them he applied for change of course.
just go for Remedial if not still apply don't tell dem.. If u get tell dem u changed course cus of poor grades!!!
dats better.
just make sure ur sibling knows of it
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by kennyjam: 10:30am On Dec 10, 2017
It's really a big a situation..... find the best thing to do from the comments above and below mine...
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by FromZeroToHero(m): 10:56am On Dec 10, 2017
I was once in your shoes. I was screened out due to incomplete O'level result. I did not tell my parents. I wrote GCE and Jamb. I got admitted and continued my course of study.

1 Like

Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by Enoma222(m): 11:19am On Dec 10, 2017
IamHeWrites:
One Nigerian guy is currently at a confused state right and needs the candid advise of y’all.

So after battling to gain admission into a university in the country, our reader finally got admission into DELSU but unfortunately, had to be screened out because of wrong JAMB combinations.

He was too distraught to tell his parents, who could have had a minor breakdown – cause they’d been ecstatic about his admission at the time – and so went on with the flow of being admitted and received all the support he needed for school.

He planned on trying admission again this year but wasn’t so lucky and now his folks thinks he’s going to his second year and guilt has set in and he’s worried whether or not to tell them.

Read below:
“I’m born into the average Nigerian family. I’ve been seeking admission since 2014, all to no avail.. I finally got admitted to Delsu in 2016, my parents out of excitement announced it to the whole world.

But on getting to sch, I was screened out coz of wrong jamb subject and name errors on my credentials. I couldn’t summon courage to tell them coz my mum especially will be heart broken.

I collected all the fees and house rent and traveled, i kept them till this year tho and reapplied, but my name didn’t come out. I’m f-cked!. My parents think I’m in 200L now.

My dad has also given me school fees and house rent for this year, but everything is still intact. If I venture to tell my dad, I know that man too well, he might kill me or disown me. And my mum might just loose it she’s really fragile.

I pity her coz she’s been sending lots of foodstuffs and money from her petty business just to keep me going. I’M FEELING GUILTY AND AT THE SAME TIME SCARED! what do I do??”

http://www.torimill.com/2017/12/help-my-parents-think-i-currently-in.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
nsh God go punish dat boy after eaten the money na na he wan ask for help
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by Enoma222(m): 11:21am On Dec 10, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
I was once in your shoes. I was screened out due to incomplete O'level result. I did not tell my parents. I wrote GCE and Jamb. I got admitted and continued my course of study.

you where wrong not to tell your pple ....they deserve too knw d truth either good or bad
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by Enoma222(m): 11:24am On Dec 10, 2017
jericco1:
anyways, I know a guy that parades himself as a final year student since my 100lvl now I'm in my final year, but he's yet to be admitted.
if you don't want to end up like him you better open up.

yes he better open up the guy don dey enjoy is parents money since for nothing .....
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by Enoma222(m): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2017
when you where eaten your parents money since u did not look for advice is now you want too ask for advice because he don over you
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by jericco1(m): 11:42am On Dec 10, 2017
Enoma222:

yes he better open up the guy don dey enjoy is parents money since for nothing .....

my thoughts exactly.
Re: “please Help, My Parents Think I’m Currently In 200 Level, But I’m Not” - Guy by Enoma222(m): 11:53am On Dec 10, 2017
jericco1:

my thoughts exactly.

my questions is why is he looking for advice now ? probably the money is parents gave him is finish

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Mystery That Took Place On 25-10-2020 / The Parameters Of Signing Up Into This Forum Is Too Poor / KSU Ranked 111th(second To The Last) In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.