Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun (7699 Views)

Policemen Brutalise NBA Secretary In Osun (pictured) / Army Arrests Producers Of Fake National ID Cards For Boko Haram Terrorists / Buhari Prints Recharge Cards For 2015 Campaign [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by atlwireles: 9:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
Osun State government has rolled out debit cards to farmers for direct and easy access to farming inputs, which include improved seedlings, pesticide and fertilisers.

Governor Rauf Aregbesola, who commenced the debit cards distribution at the official launch of the Farmers’ Input and Credit Support Programme, at the Distribution Centre, AISU, Ede, said the task of arresting and eradicating the scourge of hunger and poverty as well as usher in an era of agriculture-based prosperity for farmers, the people and government will continue to form the fulcrum of his administration.

The governor noted that government had brought to bear all technology-based methods for the enhancement of modern agriculture, including the Geographical Information System (GIS) and enumeration of farmers across the state.

Aregbesola said his government will vigorously explore more ways of expanding and improving agricultural production and the development of agro-allied industrial base in his second term in office.

The debit card will make farming easier for all those interested in embracing farming and remove excruciating burden of loans.

“We came up with the aid scheme in order to correct all the anomalies that are inherent in the extant system of agricultural input distribution, while the Credit Support Programme is meant to boost the capacity of stakeholders to play their roles properly towards the development and modernisation of agriculture.

“We therefore embarked on a rigourous process of due diligence by carefully and painstakingly conducting enumeration of all farmers in the state. This led to the registration of more than 50,000 farmers all over Osun,” Aregbesola said, expressing confidence on the capacity of the agricultural sector to deliver the goods on the state’s economy, as no wealth can be created sufficiently without the sector.

He said: “We are convinced that there is immense potential in agriculture for job creation, wealth generation, food security, and poverty eradication.

“We will continue to vigorously explore more ways of expanding and improving our agricultural production and the development of our agro-allied industrial base.

“What we are doing today is continuation on the path we have consciously taken since our assumption of office. This is the empowerment of farmers and the development of agriculture for the purpose of making food available in abundance, first for feeding ourselves, then for feeding others and ultimately, the development of agro-industries for job creation and wealth generation for individuals and the government.”

In his earlier remarks, Charles Akinola, coordinator, Osun Rural Enterprise and Agricultural Programme (OREAP), noted that the farmers’ input and credit support programme was first of its kind in Nigeria, saying the various assistance of Aregbesola’s administration to the farmers, which included proviso of farming input, land clearing and tractorisation, were aimed at assisting farmers without stress.

He said: “The delivering of farming inputs by the government to farmers will in no small measures help in massive food production in the state.”

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/08/farmers-get-debit-cards-for-farming-inputs-in-osun

7 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by atlwireles: 9:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
If this program is actually real, then big shout out to Aregbe. Agriculture remains the most efficient means out of poverty in Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by latestsunny(m): 9:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
Waoh !!! 2 FP posts this week,this Is surely a sign of good things to come.

2 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by Danhumprey: 9:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
As Chinua Achebe will say "there was once a Governor"

Here's a Governor with innovative ideas!

12 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by tit(f): 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
Now we are about to vote him out?
He did not distribute the farm implements debit cards during clearing or planting season?
It is this o'dabo season he is trying to bribe farmers?

10 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by mayorall(m): 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
tit: Now we are about to vote him out?
He did not distribute the farm implements debit cards during clearing or planting season?
It is this o'dabo season he is trying to bribe farmers?

Aregbesola had been doing great in Agriculture since he became the Governor. He sent the literate farmers to Germany and other countries to learn more. Also he created OREAP

32 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:13am On Aug 05, 2014
Ogbeni Rauf, bí a ò ti è dìbò, o ti wolé (even if we no vote for you on saturday, you don win)!

16 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by Swagavillage(m): 3:59am On Aug 05, 2014
ok
Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by NaLaugh: 4:00am On Aug 05, 2014
Good for them i guess..
Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by macpetrus(m): 4:01am On Aug 05, 2014
Hmmmmm
Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by pontirock(m): 4:06am On Aug 05, 2014
I Lyk Dis Man,omikomi Shud Wait Till 2018 as he has been waitin.

18 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by pontirock(m): 4:08am On Aug 05, 2014
Omisore will always wait til he back out.

7 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by pontirock(m): 4:09am On Aug 05, 2014
grin.
Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by seunlayi(m): 4:09am On Aug 05, 2014
...... just to facilitates means of buying their votes.

2 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:20am On Aug 05, 2014
Ok
Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by Atyem(m): 4:22am On Aug 05, 2014
Even if it is to woo farmers to vote for him, this is better than "rice politics". He is teaching them how to fish rather than giving them fish. Good idea

26 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by Hardheolar(m): 4:26am On Aug 05, 2014
August 9 decides everything..
Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by LMAyedun(m): 4:29am On Aug 05, 2014
seunlayi: ...... just to facilitates means of buying their votes.
Last minute bribery. LOL! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by blogexpert12(m): 4:38am On Aug 05, 2014
ok

more entertainment news and free money making ebooks @ www.supergists.com
Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by pussypounder(m): 4:40am On Aug 05, 2014
Obama is working kudos

3 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by pharmo25(m): 4:41am On Aug 05, 2014
I just wish election can be conducted every year so that this governors can perform better..

2 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by gbaskiboy: 4:42am On Aug 05, 2014
With what I've seen and read about Aregbesola i think i disagree with PDP chairman statements in osun " Aregbesola will soon
become a former governor because
Senator Iyiola Omisore is winning the
election by the grace of God."
Let the Old man finish his work,

8 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 05, 2014
atlwireles: If this program is actually real, then big shout out to Aregbe. Agriculture remains the most efficient means out of poverty in Nigeria.
I promise you, you'll soon hear the other side of the story.
Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by pelvicky(m): 4:57am On Aug 05, 2014
After few days to the election abi,,all na wash.. i see senator iyiola omishore emerging as the winner,,vote 4 iyiola under PDP....THE LOGGO IS UMBRELLA..do not miss it

1 Like

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by tit(f): 5:06am On Aug 05, 2014
mayorall:

Aregbesola had been doing great in Agriculture since he became the Governor. He sent the literate farmers to Germany and other countries to learn more. Also he created OREAP

What did the literate farmers learn in Germany?
Are we planting wheat in Osun?
Or do we want to start raising pigs for sausages?

The money for each ticket is enough to buy a tractor.
Aregbesola is just an O'lee!
I was considering giving him my support but
You have just made me more determined to make him unemployed come this saturday

2 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by egift(m): 5:23am On Aug 05, 2014

Ride on Ogbeni. He has been doing a good job in Agriculture
- Implementing Osun Rural Enterprise and Agriculture Program also known as O-REAP
- Over ₦1.5 billion worth of support for Farmers
- 1830 rural farmers in 61 Focal Communities equipped with farm inputs under the UNICEF Replication Initiative Programme of the Ministry of Water Resources, Rural and Community Development.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-G69X98N49AU/U4XzAZunjUI/AAAAAAAAdhk/I-wwcleFQPc/s1600/rauf_aregbesola_osun_campaign.jpg[/img]

The State of Osun on the move - To God be the glory!

18 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by TheCodeWriter(m): 5:25am On Aug 05, 2014
tit:

What did the literate farmers learn in Germany?
Are we planting wheat in Osun?
Or do we want to start raising pigs for sausages?

The money for each ticket is enough to buy a tractor.
Aregbesola is just an O'lee!
I was considering giving him my support but
You have just made me more determined to make him unemployed come this saturday

U are just [size=17pt]TOO[/size] stup1d. when u finish eating that 2 congos of rice given 2 u by those PDP, i am sure ur eyes will open!

22 Likes

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by dridowu: 5:34am On Aug 05, 2014
O-innovatio

1 Like

Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by englishmart(m): 5:38am On Aug 05, 2014
I don't understand.
Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by jibbish(m): 5:39am On Aug 05, 2014
O..... Ok
Re: Farmers Get Debit Cards For Farming Inputs In Osun by tit(f): 5:42am On Aug 05, 2014
TheCodeWriter:

U are just [size=17pt]TOO[/size] stup1d. when u finish eating that 2 congos of rice given 2 u by those PDP, i am sure ur eyes will open!

I shall chop the APC rices this afternoon.
The odourless fufu will be my dinner.
but wahlahi talahi, aregbesola is a goner!
I am not a maga like you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) / Yobe Orders Closure Of School Over Boko Haram Attack / You'll Never Kill Rat Again After Seeing This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.