Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,892 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans (6576 Views)

Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy / The Act Of 'giving To God' As Explained By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / Angels Appear As Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by TheBigUrban2: 5:55am On Aug 05, 2014
Surprisingly, even church members now agree that their miracle pastor cant heal Ebola.

Some are wondering what kind of God would allow such a horrible disease on humans. What could children in Liberia do to suffer such disease? Defecating and urinating yourself to death.

Should Ebola become a global plague, it would indeed be the end of days, making the second coming of Jesus a lie. Everyone would die from an incurable disease and no one gets to see the second coming.

I wonder if Saudi Arabia would even welcome muslim pilgrims from West Africa. The Kaaba has no divine healing powers.

Ebola is surely a powerful disease. Not only does it kill humans, it kills the faith in God. Nothing will save you. You will die. You might even carry that infection to heaven.

14 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by plaetton: 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Haba!
You beat me to this thread.

Ebola, its devastations, the fear that it evokes should, if Nigerian s were thinkers, be the final nail in God's coffin.
God is dead, killed by the Ebola virus, or at the least, rendered impotent.

This should have been a period for faith to wax strong. This should be time for Bonnke, Benny Ginn, Adeboye, Oyaks, Oyedepo and of course TV clown TB Joshua to reach out to Liberians and showcase the much touted power of god.

But alas, god and his earthly minions have gone AWOL, as has always been the case when disaster strikes.

God is like a crooked insurance company that reads you the fine print and hidden clauses when it's time to redeem their policy, even after all premiums of faith have been duly paid.

Men Of God, go out, preach the word, embrace and heal the sick. It doesn't matter if you die, for such would be the ultimate sacrifice similar to the which Jesus did for all mankind.

18 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Oduduwaboy(m): 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
*laughing uncontrollably*
Yes...why cant the men of god 'storm' the deep jungles of Guinea, Liberia & Congo now to stop this epidemic? Maybe their god is sleeping.

Maybe Yahweh has died like the small-pox god of the yorubas who they call Sonponna ( hope i spelt it well )? A simple vaccine led to the end of small pox epidemic the world over and now we no more have any Sonponna priests in Yoruba land!

7 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by GooseBaba: 1:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
Don't worry they will just spin it that God is testing their faith.. And the minions will get on their knees asking for forgiveness and binding the devil.... Smh...

Holy ghost........fire..!!! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by plaetton: 1:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
Yes.
The ways of god will always be a mystery onto man, except of course, the part that deals with giving him your 10%.

2 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 4:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
Ebola remains an expressway to hell for the OP, and an expressway to God for the christian.

4 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by plaetton: 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123: Ebola remains an expressway to hell for the OP, and an expressway to God for the christian.

Why don't you head over to Liberia to collect your tithes.

grin grin

In fact, I can wager that the tithe thieves of Nigeria such as Adeboye, Oyaks, Oyedepo, T Clown Joshua and others will not only avoid their tithe-paying customers in especially Liberia for the mean time, but I am also predicting that they will Jet-Off to a safe Western country till all this Ebola problem cools off.

No laying of hands till further notice.

Anybody wanna bet me?
cheesy

15 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by fulli16(m): 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
i see people who have neva xperienced d power of God...
cause if you truly know God...

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by mazaje(m): 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123: Ebola remains an expressway to hell for the OP, and an expressway to God for the christian.

No matter the case or situation god wins. . .LOL. . I was so surprised when the TV clown(as my man rightly called him) TB Joshua caved in and agreed to the Lagos state government not to allow Ebola victims into his church?. . .Where is the miracle working god my Nigerian brothers and sisters keep yapping about all day. . .Its a miracle working god when people have headaches and little aliments like chest pains and back pain, when obvious and great disaster strikes all the gods that Nigerians worship always run away leaving them. . .

7 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by fulli16(m): 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
i see people who have neva xperienced d power of God...
cause if you truly know God...u ll laugh weneva ebola is mentioned!
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by mazaje(m): 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
fulli16: i see people who have neva xperienced d power of God...
cause if you truly know God....u ll laugh weneva ebola is mentioned!

Do you have the power of this god?. . .head straight to Liberia and show them the power of this god of yours. . .

3 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by plaetton: 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
mazaje:

No matter the case or situation god wins. . .LOL. . I was so surprised when the TV clown(as my man rightly called him) TB Joshua cave in and agreed to the Lagos state government not to allow Ebola victims into his church?. . .Where is the miracle working god my Nigerian brothers and sisters keep yapping about all day. . .Its a miracle working god when people have headaches and little aliments like chest pains and back pain, when obvious and great disaster strikes all the gods that Nigerians worship always run away leaving them. . .

Bros, I wonder O.

Fake fake fake.

But will they ever learn?
Why do people continue to make dumb excuses for god?

Faith= Doubts.

2 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by mazaje(m): 4:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
plaetton:

Bros, I wonder O.

Fake fake fake.

But will they ever learn?
Why do people continue to make dumb excuses for god?

Faith= Doubts.

Making excuse for god is part of the package, since god is just an idea it must be defended using other ideas. . .

4 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by plaetton: 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
mazaje:

Making excuse for god is part of the package, since god is just an idea it must be defended using other ideas. . .

HHhhh!

That makes a lot of sense.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
plaetton:

Why don't you head over to Liberia to collect your tithes.

grin grin

In fact, I can wager that the tithe thieves of Nigeria such as Adeboye, Oyaks, Oyedepo, T Clown Joshua and others will not only avoid their tithe-paying customers in especially Liberia for the mean time, but I am also predicting that they will Jet-Off to a safe Western country till all this Ebola problem cools off.

No laying of hands till further notice.

Anybody wanna bet me?
cheesy
Adeboye is in Nigeria laying hands on thousands of new deacons in RCCG's annual convention. TB is also around and the others. Don't bet foolishly, don't bet at all.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by plaetton: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:
Adeboye is in Nigeria laying hands on thousands of new deacons in RCCG's annual convention. TB is also around and the others. Don't bet foolishly, don't bet at all.

New deacons are not tithe-paying customers.

I am betting that they are all set to Jett-Off as the situation worsens.

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
mazaje:

No matter the case or situation god wins. . .LOL. . I was so surprised when the TV clown(as my man rightly called him) TB Joshua caved in and agreed to the Lagos state government not to allow Ebola victims into his church?. . .Where is the miracle working god my Nigerian brothers and sisters keep yapping about all day. . .Its a miracle working god when people have headaches and little aliments like chest pains and back pain, when obvious and great disaster strikes all the gods that Nigerians worship always run away leaving them. . .

Na so oh mazqje, God pass them. Also, God can cure ebola. Have you lost faith in medicine since there's no cure from medicine yet?
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by plaetton: 5:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

Na so oh mazqje, God pass them. Also, God can cure ebola. Have you lost faith in medicine since there's no cure from medicine yet?

Well, medicine involves scientific processes that has been since the beginning of time, more rapidly in modern times because of reliance on observable facts and data. We know the limitations of medicine at this stage. No one claims that modern medicine created the universe , or is omnipotent or onmi anything.

Why do you collect money for god if he is no more reliable than modern medicine?
Shouldn't you be advising your church clients to put away 10% of their earnings towards healthcare or healthcare-related emergencies rather paying faith premiums to a fraudulent god?

5 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
plaetton:

Well, medicine involves scientific processes that has been since the beginning of time, more rapidly in modern times because of reliance on observable facts and data. We know the limitations of medicine at this stage. No one claims that modern medicine created the universe , or is omnipotent or onmi anything.

Why do you collect money for god if he is no more reliable than modern medicine?
Shouldn't you be advising your church clients to put away 10% of their earnings towards healthcare or healthcare-related emergencies rather paying faith premiums to a fraudulent god?
So you have faith in medicine despite not seeing cure, but you think it ridiculous to have faith in God without seeing cure. That is weird.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by mazaje(m): 5:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

We can put your god to test right now and he will fail as always. . .

Jesus promises many times that he will answer your prayers. For example, in Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

Jesus says something similar in Matthew 21:21:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Do you believe in the bible? If yes then pray to your god to heal ONLY the little children that have been affected with Ebola in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone and lets see how it works out, remember it says what ever you as for in my name with faith i will do it. . .Go ahead and lets see how it will work out. . .

2 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by mazaje(m): 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:
So you have faith in medicine despite not seeing cure, but you think it ridiculous to have faith in God without seeing cure. That is weird.

Medicine did not and has never promised people to answer their wishes when used or "called upon". . .Your god has so will you put you money where you mouth is and stop whining. . .

3 Likes

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
mazaje:

We can put your god to test right now and he will fail as always. . .

Jesus promises many times that he will answer your prayers. For example, in Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

Jesus says something similar in Matthew 21:21:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Do you believe in the bible? If yes then pary to your god to heal ONLY the little children that have been affected with Ebola in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone and lets see how it works out, remember it says what ever you as for in my name with faith i will do it. . .Go ahead and lets see how it will work out. . .

You'd explain it away if it was answered.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
mazaje:

Medicine did not and has never promised people to answer their wishes when used or "called upon". . .Your god has so will you put you money where you mouth is and stop whining. . .

So why do you have faith in medicine? We may actually share same reasons you know.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by mazaje(m): 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

So why do you have faith in medicine? We may actually share same reasons you know.

Cos it works even though it has its limitations. . .Can't say the same for any god. . .
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by mazaje(m): 5:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

You'd explain it away if it was answered.

Answered?. . .Jesus had already spoken, what answers do you need to provide?. . .Are you Jesus?
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by plaetton: 5:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

A drug lists and showcases it's efficacy on it's leaflet.
For example take 2 250mg tablets of Tylenol every 4 hours for the relief of minor headaches and fever. That is not faith. that is a scientifically formulated cure. Its efficacy is very very predictable.
No faith, no tithe required.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by GooseBaba: 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:

lmao..!

What is faith?
What is medicine?

Can you measure faith.? Or can you measure medicine?

Abeg answer directly no begin speak in parables..
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
mazaje:

Cos it works even though it has its limitations. . .Can't say the same for any god. . .

God works for me too.

1 Like

Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
mazaje:

Answered?. . .Jesus had already spoken, what answers do you need to provide?. . .Are you Jesus?

i was referring to answers to my prayer.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
plaetton:

A drug lists and showcases it's efficacy on it's leaflet.
For example take 2 250mg tablets of Tylenol every 4 hours for the relief of minor headaches and fever. That is not faith. that is a scientifically formulated cure. Its efficacy is very very predictable.
No faith, no tithe required.

Faith is belief. Hope you believe your drugs would work?
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by Image123(m): 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
GooseBaba:

lmao..!

What is faith?
What is medicine?

Can you measure faith.? Or can you measure medicine?

Abeg answer directly no begin speak in parables..
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, now that is.
Medicine is something you take to get better.
Yes, faith and medicine are measurable.
Re: How Ebola Kills God As Well As Humans by GooseBaba: 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123:
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, now that is.
Medicine is something you take to get better.
Yes, faith and medicine are measurable.

Hehehe.... I hail oooh...

How does one measure faith in order to avoid overdose..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. / Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? / He Has Qualified You - Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.