Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? (5511 Views)

Vampire Vs Werewolf / Which Korean Movie Has The Best Sound Track? / Nairaland Daily Movie Screenshot [which Movie Is This?] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by rodeo0070(m): 6:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
Over thirty years since this movie’s release, John Landis’ An American Werewolf in London is still the reigning champ of werewolf transformations in cinema. A fairly straightforward story — two American tourists get attacked by a werewolf, one gets killed, the other transformed — but it is the award winning transformation effects by Rick Baker that really make this film a true classic. Baker’s use of both prosthetics and robotics made the entire transformation seem as horrifyingly painful as it would be if one’s body was contorting into another form. Not to be outdone by anyone but himself, Baker and Landis re-teamed to do a werewolf transformation for Michael Jackson for his now-legendary Thriller video. But even that doesn't outdo their original effort in An American Werewolf in London, still the standard by which all others are compared.
Let's hear yours too. This movie gave me creeps in my childhood days...
Here's the link for the transformation scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLQS12z8K4

Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by rodeo0070(m): 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
More...

Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by Guykhena(m): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
Underworld Werewolves are the bomb,,,,
The best I've seen so far
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by CeiW5k: 8:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by longjohnsilver: 9:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
Van helsing's werewolves

Then I think the wolfman's also tried
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by Csami(m): 10:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
Underworld for me o! Those werewolves were scary as hell. As for that of twilight, I love to have them as pet. They don't look scary in anyway.

1 Like

Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by Karleb(m): 11:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
There Is nothing so special about those pix you posted, infact the one in Cursed can even do better. undecided
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by RayMcBlue(m): 12:04am On Aug 06, 2014
There's nothing really scary about Underworld franchise Werewolves, tbh. To begin with, they are not scary or hideous to look at. If anything they're cute. Any time I see them on screen, my mind always wander to the Alaskan grizzly bears I watch on NatGeo. Why? They look like grizzlies, and grizzlies are one the the cutest looking predators around.

If you want to know the true feeling of dread and how a werewolf is supposed to look like, then I strongly urge you to watch all the Ginger Snap Movies starting from Ginger Snap to Ginger Snaps Unleashed.

"Silver Bullet" werewolf is also pretty hideous to look at.
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by parrotibaba(m): 1:57am On Aug 06, 2014
Karleb: There Is nothing so special about those pix you posted, infact the one in Cursed can even do better. undecided
gbam!!
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by rodeo0070(m): 8:39am On Aug 06, 2014
Karleb: There Is nothing so special about those pix you posted, infact the one in Cursed can even do better. undecided
Guys na! I was expecting pictures so that people can come and be the judge grin grin grin

Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by prof800(m): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
Csami: As for that of twilight, I love to have them as pet. They don't look scary in anyway.
hahaha... I feel you.
It is an insult upon the 'horror universe' to even call them 'werewolves'. grin

btw; RayMcBlue could you back up your claim with pictures.
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by RayMcBlue(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ginger Snaps Screenshots.

Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by Guykhena(m): 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
RayMcBlue: Ginger Snaps Screenshots.
Wtf
You call that scary?
It looked like a nerdy kid in a costume on halloween night undecided

Underworld werewolves are magnified,check out Awakening,
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by RayMcBlue(m): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
Guykhena:
Wtf
You call that scary?
It looked like a nerdy kid in a costume on halloween night undecided

Underworld werewolves are magnified,check out Awakening,

The budget of Ginger Snaps is not nearly as much as Underworld's, so don't expect jaw dropping visuals. But what it lacks in Visuals, it more than makes up in the artistry. You only need to see 'em to know what I meant.

The team that produced and directed Ginger Snaps on modest budget are obviously more talented than those of Underworld's, whom with all their techs and CGIs, couldn't make their well constructed werewolves scary.

Those screenshots didn't do the franchise justice, believe me. All you need to do is to watch 'em, most especially "Ginger Snap Unleashed", then you'll be back with testimonies.
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by Guykhena(m): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
RayMcBlue:

The budget of Ginger Snaps is not nearly as much as Underworld's, so don't expect jaw dropping visuals. But what it lacks in Visuals, it more than makes up in the artistry. You only need to see 'em to know what I meant.

The team that produced and directed Ginger Snaps on modest budget are obviously more talented than those of Underworld's, whom with all their techs and CGIs, couldn't make their well constructed werewolves scary.

Those screenshots didn't do the franchise justice, believe me. All you need to do is to watch 'em, most especially "Ginger Snap Unleashed", then you'll be back with testimonies.

Let me guess,its an 80s movie right?
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by RayMcBlue(m): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
Guykhena:

Let me guess,its an 80s movie right?

Nope. From 2000-2004.
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by Guykhena(m): 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Nope. From 2000-2004.

Then why does it look so 80s like,,I mean early 21st century 'CGI' is/was the hit.
Why did they go all costumes(and pls don't say creativity),its like picturing TMNT in costumes
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by UjSizzle(f): 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
Underworld. Van Helsing.

When's Dracula hitting the big screen?
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by khanivorous(f): 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hermlock grove werewolves were scary as hell especially during transformation
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by Csami(m): 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2014

Look at that 3rd pic very well. Do that thing look like a werewolf to you? That's just the mini type of monster in godzilla.

1 Like

Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by texanomaly(f): 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2014

I love the Ginger Snaps Movies. smiley
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by texanomaly(f): 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
Underworld for sure. They look realistic.

My favorite werewolf movie is "Blood and Chocolate." The werewolves were not scary though.
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by rodeo0070(m): 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nice one guys! But you guys have to see An American werewolf in London to judge well wink grin
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by texanomaly(f): 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
rodeo0070: Nice one guys! But you guys have to see An American werewolf in London to judge well wink grin

Great movie!
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by rodeo0070(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
texanomaly:

Great movie!
Good! Oya judge grin grin grin
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by RayMcBlue(m): 8:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
Guykhena:

Then why does it look so 80s like,,I mean early 21st century 'CGI' is/was the hit.
Why did they go all costumes(and pls don't say creativity),its like picturing TMNT in costumes

To be able to generate well constructed and realistic CGI, you need an highly skilled team, and they cost money... lots of it. Not everyone can afford the "early 21st century CGI", you know? It's not something you can conjure up by simply snapping your puny fingers.

-Complicated sets of codes spread between team of 5 to 10 must be written.
-Expensive rigs must be constructed to be used in the scenes shooting.
-Cinematography must be top notch.
-Choreography must be first class, etc

All the above cost money obviously, and only big movie studios can be able to afford it. Universal, 20th century fox and Warner Bros to name a few.

That's where Ginger Snaps franchise comes in. John Fawcett (Writer and Director) had a vision, an idea. Instead of hawking the idea to the big boys for a big pay day, he decided to do the movie himself. There were sacrifices to be made of course cuz, he's no money bag apparently, but they made do with what they had.

The finished product: One of the best Werewolf themed Movies of all times.

"Ginger Snaps Part 1" made the top 10 cut on Imdb's top rated werewolf movies of the last decade. Rubbing shoulders with the likes of the much more expensive "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans."

Ain't that something... smiley
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by RayMcBlue(m): 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
khanivorous: Hermlock grove werewolves were scary as hell especially during transformation

What's your opinion on Hemlock Grove. Been thinking of watching it, but I don't know... a few guys on twitter said the Show sucked. What do you think?
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by RayMcBlue(m): 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
rodeo0070: Nice one guys! But you guys have to see An American werewolf in London to judge well wink grin

Seen it. Dozed off mid-film though. Liked the sequel better. It's more modern.
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by prof800(m): 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
khanivorous: Hermlock grove werewolves were scary as hell especially during transformation
Show us the Pictures or screenshots.
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by 5minsmadness: 12:36am On Aug 08, 2014
Have watched ginger snaps-the entire series and underworld the entire movies. Honestly? The ginger snaps werewolf was more bloodcurdlingly scary. Underworld werewolves were more like muscle-bound CGI...too clean, you know? I'm not saying underworld werewolves werent scary as hell but I think I'll give it to gingersnaps for Scariness.
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by prof800(m): 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Which Movie Has The Most Scary Werewolf? by rodeo0070(m): 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
prof800:
Show us the Pictures or screenshots.
Hemlock Grove. Watch it on youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k83s7KtB8EI

(1) (2) (Reply)

Da Vinci's Demons Series (from the producers of Spartacus ) / JA MYUNG Go(royal Princess)_fans Lets Talk Abou The Movie / Jack Bauer 24: Live Another Day Season 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.