Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Should Marriage Be Based On Love Or On Parent's Advice?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Marriage Be Based On Love Or On Parent's Advice?? (835 Views)

OMG!!! Will This Marriage Be A Blessing To These Couple Or A Trouble??(must See) / Should Marriage Be A Core Dream/goal? / Should Marriage Base On Love Or Gynotype ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Marriage Be Based On Love Or On Parent's Advice?? by faithugo64(f): 8:22pm On Aug 05, 2014
some people believe that when it comes to marriage,parents's advice should be sought.This is because they are wise and experienced. While others believe that love should do it all.most people end up in unhappy marriages when they don't adhere to their parents's advice while others end up happily. So should marriage be based on love or on parent's advice?
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Love Or On Parent's Advice?? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
Parents advice for what? They've brought me up well to be able to choose rightly so why will I need to sought their advice to choose a spouse ?
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Love Or On Parent's Advice?? by pasqal09: 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
Parent's advice for marriage?
LMAO!

1 Like

Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Love Or On Parent's Advice?? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
As much as Love is concern in this ish, parental consult is a big very boost.
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Love Or On Parent's Advice?? by rawpadgin(m): 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
my advice to bachelors & spinsters out there, when its time to choose a "life partner" don't choose with ur heart choose with ur head
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Love Or On Parent's Advice?? by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 06, 2014
@OP
the best would be that the man you love is someone your parents would advise you to marry..... but if they are both opposites then you have to sit down and ask yourself what is important in your life.

we are all different and what works for Femi might not be what works for Kunle.
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Love Or On Parent's Advice?? by faithugo64(f): 5:38am On Aug 06, 2014
[quote
author=MRbrownJAY]@OP
the best would be that the man you love is someone your parents would
advise you to marry..... but if they are both opposites then you have to
sit down and ask yourself what is important in your life.

we are all different and what works for Femi might not be what works for
Kunle.[/quote]so if u r torn b/w choosing the love of ur life and taking ur parent's advice,what would you take
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Love Or On Parent's Advice?? by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 06, 2014
faithugo64: so if u r torn b/w choosing the love of ur life and taking ur parent's advice,what would you take

this crossroad will never happen!!!!! i was raised to understand that each and every actions of mine will have consequences, and therefore A) my parents would never in their wildest dream want to choose anyone for me or B) look down or disagree with my decisions.

only one person is going to marry your partner, and live 24/7 with him/her, and thats YOU.....so why should anyone else make that decision?! it says a lot about a person if they cannot even decide on a mate for themselves, and if that is anyone's case, then the only person you should marry is your mummy and daddy, because life is too TOUGH for you.
Re: Should Marriage Be Based On Love Or On Parent's Advice?? by faithugo64(f): 6:31am On Aug 06, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

this crossroad will never happen!!!!! i was raised to understand that each and every actions of mine will have consequences, and therefore A) my parents would never in their wildest dream want to choose anyone for me or B) look down or disagree with my decisions.

only one person is going to marry your partner, and live 24/7 with him/her, and thats YOU.....so why should anyone else make that decision?! it says a lot about a person if they cannot even decide on a mate for themselves, and if that is anyone's case, then the only person you should marry is your mummy and daddy, because life is too TOUGH for you.
nice one there

(1) (Reply)

Funny But True / Is It Possible For A Former Lover To Become A "Best Friend" / How Can You Identify A Girl's Red Light Tactic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.