Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? (5720 Views)

See This BIG Crab Am About To Eat / When You Annoy Your Mum On Christmas Day / Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by AmakaOne(f): 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2008
Okro Soup.

I hate the look of it when i was a child,

Now I even cook it myself
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2008
raw egg in a cup of tea. yuck! still gives me the creeps
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by rookie(m): 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2008
- Semovita
- Boiled (irish) potatoes
- Milk
- Akara (except with bread)
- Pap
- Cold tea
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Flakybaby(f): 11:40pm On Nov 12, 2008
Pap
Eba
Beans
Ikokore cry cry
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by MadMax1(f): 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2008
Semovita. Food devised by a child-hating sadist. Still cannot eat the stuff.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by gentlegg(m): 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2008
I remember those days, myself and siblings (except my immediate younger one) use to eat beans with tears, if mummy no flog us we can't even try eating it at all. And mum have to sit in front of us, watching till we finish it, else once she walks out we will throw all the beans over our fence and tell her it's finish.

But today i eat beans a little.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by crush: 5:47pm On Nov 18, 2008
hated rice used 2 beg my sliblings 2 help me so mum will not know.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by GORRET(f): 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2008
I hated salad,because of the beetroot,carbage,cucumber and lettuce that's added,just couldn't bring myself to swallow.

I enjoy salad now tho.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Fancier(f): 4:24pm On Jan 14, 2009
I used to wish Saturday should be removed among the days of the week
Imagine After all clean ups and washing on that day and when its time to take the break fast that will be coming as brunch then You are getting BEANS and OGI cry cry cry kai. by fire by force you must eat

milk in my tea , though I can lick the powder one
boiled egg , i throw away the york

funny enough now i enjoy eating beans like say tomorrow no dey though stil managing ogi/ pap . But I think i need to learn how to start taking milk in my tea. I JUST LOVE CHOCHOLATE
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Grizzly(m): 5:33pm On Jan 14, 2009
Quaker oats. Matter of fact, still do
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Shaz(f): 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2009
BEANS! Every kind of Beans. . baked, cooked, 'fried', soy, akara, moi moi, gbegiri. . you name it
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Nobody: 1:41am On Jan 18, 2009
definitely ogi and semo ( not food just punishment)
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by tallnaijaf: 7:22am On Jan 18, 2009
I disliked Liver as a child
Now i like having it at Sunday Breakfast.

Boiled Green Bananas, Liver with lots of onions
and hot chocolate.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Afam4eva(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2009
That will have to be cooked beans and stew, ahhhhh, i hated this food like mad.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Afam4eva(m): 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2009
Grizzly:

Quaker oats. Matter of fact, still do

Thanks for reminding me, i just hate it, it's irritating, disgusting and can make me puke.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Riskie(f): 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2009
Fish especially in stew. The skin was horrifying to me cry
Yam
Beans
Rice
Cod Liver Oil cry
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by SeanT21(f): 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2009
Green Beans,~~Hate those damn things~~~!!She used to call it "healthy"!!
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by TOYOSI20(f): 4:16am On Jan 19, 2009
Eba shocked shocked shocked

and Gritts lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Shaz(f): 1:19am On Jan 20, 2009
I still do not eat fish. . especially when it's in the stew . . I can't stand it. .
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by spikedcylinder: 3:04pm On Jan 21, 2009
Beans.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by UNLEASHED(m): 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2009
Mum told me she grinds crayfish to powder and mix with pap for me everyday when i was still a kid but i grew up to hate crayfish even till now, she doesn't force me to eat.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Aladunni(f): 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2009
there is a way okro is prepared in my area, instead of the tiny pieces, okro is cut into big pieces, like cutting a whole into 4 pieces. It was choking angry,

such days she will tell you she is not serving any other thing apart from that and its always taken with eba.

up till now, my brothers dont take a combination of eba and okro, no matter how tasty.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Nwaka77: 2:17am On Jan 28, 2009
Eba - I still hate it to this day

Akpu - Hated the smell and the partially sour taste

Ogbonno soup - My sister was asked to cook a pot of ogbonno soup. We had a little ogbonno soup left. Instead for her to cook a fresh soup, she was too lazy and just poured the grounded ogbonno into the old soup which we still had. The Ogbonno soup came out lumpy and looking like cattarh (sp?). That was it for me and ogbonno soup. My mom had to give me money to buy fresh okro so that I can make okro soup instead because I will not eat ogbono soup each time it was prepared at home.

Beans - Not crazy for it but my mom loves beans so it was cooked alot at home undecided

Yam porraidge - When I cook it, I like it, when my aunt cooks it, I hate it. She adds tomatoes in it and that is an absolute no, no for me.

Ogi - Don't like it, too sour for me. Mom bought it once or twice from the ogi sellers
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Omolola1(f): 11:07am On Jan 28, 2009
OKRO SOUP

i hate that stew, i was forced to eat it

even now, i still dont like it.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by bunmii(f): 7:56am On Feb 02, 2009
beans --but when mixed with yam, rice, e.t.c i don't really mind
egg--hated it sooo much back then.
Eba --- i still don't eat it
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by emmaigwe: 1:27pm On Feb 02, 2009
I hate eating Akpu then but my mum would like forcing herself to convince me and the more She tried it the more I got them vomited.

Thanks!

Jude.

http://www.onlinembastudies.blospot.com
http://www.netdailynews..com
http://www.agelhealthbuilder..com
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Moyola(f): 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2009
Pap {brown, white, yellow}, we actually make it, so we have more than enuff in da house. . . got no choice! take it outa annoyance! angry

Eko

Tapioka. . .ewwWW!! esp. when yu add milk, it becomz watery afta a while angry

Quacker oats. . . . lyk it now  smiley

Salad  angry

Tuwo. . . .

Yeah! n ikokore. tongue
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Nobody: 2:50am On Feb 16, 2009
I was forced even spanked to eat everything. grin
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by NegroNtns(m): 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2009
lol, We had a dog that my sister and i fed our meal to. Lady knew to come under the table and be still at our feet at meal time. I hated green peas, ewww! sad
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Afribiz(f): 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2009
Eba, Beans(now one of my best), Yeast, Salad, Akara, and Unripe plantain.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by ochallo: 6:57pm On Feb 22, 2009
now i eat almost all kinds of food once it is neat,tasty and well prepared.
back then, i hated beans with a passion and amala because most times we ate amala after school on weekdays and by that time it is already cold with a hard surface cos it's prepared in the morining and kept in coolers.

i'm tired of bread though especially those perfumed ones they sell nowadays
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by ow11(m): 8:23pm On Feb 23, 2009
1. Akamu

2. Fried sweet potatoes

3. Stew with Pure groundnut oil (from the north)

4. Loi-Loi

5. Ogbono soup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Eating Avocado Pear. / Pls Advise Me On A Recipe For 80 Cupcakes. / List Of Food Highly Rich In Protein

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.