Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? (5719 Views)

See This BIG Crab Am About To Eat / When You Annoy Your Mum On Christmas Day / Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by server34(m): 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2009
I'm just sitting here laughing at all of u yarning trash.

Oya start claiming ajebutter na! Na only me be aje paki for nairaland ni? Abi all of una dey form Even ow11 sef??

Una papa! waka! See una mouth sef like dog wey chop rotten bread.

See all d correct food that they are mentioning sef - beans, eba, yam porridge, quaker oats, ogi. Chei!! I suffer for small no be small. Food wey all of us dey queue to collect. Me wey dey wash all my mama cloth to collect 3 akara.

All of una dey craze!
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by sweetmum(f): 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2009
pap

i hate it now, dont even dream about.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Fhemmmy: 9:29pm On Feb 25, 2009
Amala (black one) and i hate it with a passion
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 26, 2009
OMG I hated vegetables.

I still remember throwing up after being stuffed with veggies. Inyama! God I'll never feed my kids with those things.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 06, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Amala (black one) and i hate it with a passion

me too, nothing can make me feel sick like AMALA!!!!
oh and lets not forget these GIGANTIC snails, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHIT!
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by pureminded: 8:46am On Mar 06, 2009
Mine is Egg, But she failed in forcing me , Till now i dont take Egg, anything that has egg (cake whatever) , I dont just like the smell, i get sick whenever i feel the smell sad
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by ijawgirl: 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2009
arghhhh I hated eba/garri
my mum forced me to eat that shit. I went to a boarding school in Naija and I cldnt escape
ended up loving it when I was 15

Now I miss garri so much cant wait to go back home

yea I hated quaker oats and custard, still hate Qr/cus till now
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Badriyyah(f): 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2009
Eba -: No way you can make me eat this. I can't remember how it tastes.

Beans: lol, is it me or did every kid hate eating beans? I don't mind it now.

Ogbono: Won't touch it!!!!
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:58am On Apr 24, 2009
Beans - Now i couldn't stand the sight.

Bitter leaf soup -  made me wanna puke. . .

Boiled fish - just couldn't stand it

Fufu -  Still can't stand the smell. . .

Semovita - whoever came up with that had hatred in mind!

Vegetables -  I disliked cooked vegetables with a passion. . .  embarassed

2 minute noodles -  Once i was seriously ill. . . I ate it and puked. . .ever since then. . .i don't go well with it.

Custard and Ogi - Even though she would put so much milk and sugar to make it nice. . .i just didn't like it.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by snazzydawn(f): 11:10pm On Apr 25, 2009
onions- I hate boiled onions in food, reminds me of millipedes

pap/custard/goldenmorn/oats
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by 4watever: 9:36am On Apr 26, 2009
Eba. but it wasnt my mum who forced me. it was my dad

digusting stuff
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by uzwu: 8:11am On Apr 27, 2009
Unripe plantain porridge. I hated that meal so much that when it is been prepared i feign illness so mum wouldn't have to force me to eat it tongue
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by teissys(f): 8:00am On May 04, 2009
My mum used to force my cousin and I to drink plantain porridge that was mixed with fish crumbs. Whoever told her that it made children healthy did us a great harm because there was no tea and bread for us but that stupid porridge. And to add salt to the injury, the adults used to take tea and bread.
I would ran off to school whenever that concotion was beig served and recieve a thorough beating when I get home for lunch. . . Funny enuff, we even reported her to granny bcause she "hated" us grin grin grin
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by rec123: 11:11pm On May 04, 2009
i hated quaker oats and custard with a passion, especially when the quaker oats had the some lumps in it cry cry it was truly disgusting, we used to eat quaker oats and boiled egg atleast 4 times a week, and till today i still hate quaker oats, lol
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by bluespice(f): 11:22pm On May 04, 2009
cod liver oil- whoever thot it up must b evil
quaker oats- ruined one car cooli did tell her i was going to puke if she made me eat it one more time grin
egg yolk- it tasted so wrong the only way she could make me eat it was mashing it in stew
i did wash it away most times or pass it to my brothers tongue
yam- still hate it
g/nut oil- it took a very serious allergic reaction to stop her
i couldnt breathe with lumps all over my body but i enjoyed her panicking tongue
amala- still hate it
custard, pap-same gross family as quaker oats

ill get back to u later
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by bluespice(f): 11:25pm On May 04, 2009
remeber garden egg soup
gosh how i hated it

oh n those big green garden eggs too
she made me choke on it once
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by tope5000: 11:27pm On May 04, 2009
It has got to be white amala n pap. . . . angry
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Pepeye(f): 8:27am On May 05, 2009
Tea. . nauseating then, but out grew that
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by UyiIredia(m): 7:27pm On May 07, 2009
in my case it wasn't fooods check this out >>>>> in my preeteen years my parents
forced me to drink living bitters with aloe vera. on few occassions i was sick I was 4ced to
drink d famed Yoruba herb agbooooooooo
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Epi: 7:47pm On May 07, 2009
there is a brown looking chocolate (sometimes its long, sometimes its round) use for making tea - the tea looks like there is cooking oil or butter in it. Yuck!!!

I have to call her and ask her the name of it
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by UyiIredia(m): 8:13pm On May 07, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Beans - Now i couldn't stand the sight. My GOd!!! cry cry cry cry u are a case!!!

Bitter leaf soup -  made me wanna puke. . . >>>>> u ar on a long tinnn""""

Boiled fish - just couldn't stand it

!!!!Hmmm Now we're on d same ground but u cld like me learn to like fish. It's nice REALLY!!! 4get d smell (try it with pepersoup 4 instance) & u might have a rethink

Fufu -  Still can't stand the smell. . .    

Semovita - whoever came up with that had hatred in mind!

Vegetables -  I disliked cooked vegetables with a passion. . .   cry cry cry   >>>>>>>>funny

2 minute noodles -  Once i was seriously ill. . . I ate it and puked. . .ever since then. . .i don't go well with it.

Custard and Ogi - Even though she would put so much milk and sugar to make it nice. . .i just didn't
like it   !!!!!!!!WHY!!!!!!  

CONCLUSION: definitely not a candidate 4 a good housewife                    
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Naijagirly(f): 5:01am On May 13, 2009
Beans Beans Beans;oh how I hated eating BEANS
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:51am On May 14, 2009
@Uyi Iredia

Your opinion means no shit to me. . .so whatever!
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by mamagee3(f): 7:30pm On Jul 20, 2009
Uha soup
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Borat1: 10:40am On Jul 23, 2009
I gobbled up just about everything! I was good with the food cool
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by brows(f): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2009
beans and yam
gosh i hated that food but never given an option
i love being an adult and will never in my life taste that type of food.
kai even the thought of it now makes me shudder
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Shentz(f): 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2009
really don't like black eye beans / peas whatever they are called with yam and plaintain
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by nana(f): 3:09pm On Jul 23, 2009
Hehehehe. Tot i was the only weird one!

Hated and still hate pap and eko.
Hated boiled and fried eggs. Can only enjoy sunny side up now.
I've always hated eba.
What the hell is lipton tea? That tea is so nauseating. . .Oh yeah,still don't drink beverages. Actually,I don't drink anything hot.
Beans!!!
The only way i enjoy my yam porridge now is by adding sugar.
The outer part of my bread had to be sliced away before I could eat it.
The only biscuit I have always enjoyed is TUC biscuit.
Oh,I hated fufu cos of the smell.
Hated jollof rice
Hated anything fried
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by chiogo(f): 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2009
Hmm. . .let's see

Ora(oha) soup - Just didn't like it
Eba(akpu) - gosh!! hate the smell
vegetables in general
gizzards - they make me nauseous

I wasn't forced to eat any of these sha except for vegetables.
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by TOPE20001(f): 1:01am On Jul 25, 2009
I hate anything with onions in it . . .yuck
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Knight1(m): 11:51am On Jul 29, 2009
A, M, A, L, A, you people can't understand, it was really bad o. now i can eat it sha but not with any kind of leaf soup
Re: What Foods Did You Hate As A Kid That Your Mum Forced You To Eat? by Fhemmmy: 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2009
Knight1:

A, M, A, L, A,  you people can't understand, it was really bad o. now i can eat it sha but not with any kind of leaf soup

I hate that things too, especially the black one

TOPE2000!:

I hate anything with onions in it . . .yuck

Me too, but if blended, i can eat it, but i must not see it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Eating Avocado Pear. / Pls Advise Me On A Recipe For 80 Cupcakes. / List Of Food Highly Rich In Protein

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.