Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc (41417 Views)

Nigerian Soldier: "We Are Using Old Tanks Since 1976 To Fight Boko Haram" - BBC / IBB Calls For Jihad Against Boko Haram - Bbc Hausa / Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Damsifrank: 7:20am On Aug 07, 2014
Is Gwoza hill not where All mobile police men in Nigeria do their training? how come they were not in that town when it was captured.
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by sunsky29(m): 7:23am On Aug 07, 2014
barcanista: Are you from Okrika?
mum,okrika.dad,nndoni all in rivers state
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 07, 2014
Kudos to our Military!
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Timichael(m): 7:28am On Aug 07, 2014
aresa: Where were they in the first place?

Oh, I forgot, they are running political errands in Osun state and slaughtering innocent Nigerians in Zaria..

Btw, were the folks killed in Gwoza and reclaimed places also resuscitated and brought back to life by the ogbanje military?

Hmmmnnn, in all regard I disagree with ur view bt I can defend,2 d death, ur right 2 make it known! Our soldiers are jst like those villagers who were killed, they are like you and I... They also have families, they have friends too... The military training and weapons they have doesn't change their mortality status! The military recruits every year, you failed to get recruited, there are political and neutral platforms you could make your impact, you refused and perhaps, sorry to say, you are good for nothing. Your mates are in the Army bro, serving their fatherland, yet, you, as jobless as you are, fail to make impacts... You have to let sleeping dogs lie bro... I'm sure u wudn't av typed dos senseless posts with ur rusty fingers provided u av sm1 wu is responsible nd brave enuf 2 join d Nigerian Army... U cn quote or reply me, I've typd d bitter truth! Get a job 2day nd affect lives... #smellows

8 Likes

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 07, 2014
gallantsoldier: Jonathan is the worst thing that has ever happen to nigeria bokoharam are confidently winning the war in a week no fewer than 30 soldiers lost there lives in borno state the FG are deceiving nigerians by taking 1600 soldiers for election dnt be deceived the NA are out of soldier the soldier in my barrack now are not more than 17 in the whole barrack only this week 8 soldiers from my unity av been killed in borno last week it was 6 RIP warrant officer aliyuda and private Rotimi u died gallant
haba! The President and Military deserve commendation on this one. Its so unfair to abuse him when it is looking like the Military are kicking @sses of bokoBoys
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by signz: 7:29am On Aug 07, 2014
Evergreeen123: This news is a false report from the Defence HQ. The same way they initially lied that they have rescued the Chibok girls.

As we write now, Gwoza is in the hands of Boko Haram. They'v hoisted their black flag all over the town

And how do you know ? Are you in Gwoza?

2 Likes

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 07, 2014
sunsky29: mum,okrika.dad,nndoni all in rivers state
oh, you live in PHC?
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by sunsky29(m): 7:31am On Aug 07, 2014
Evergreeen123: This news is a false report from the Defence HQ. The same way they initially lied that they have rescued the Chibok girls.

As we write now, Gwoza is in the hands of Boko Haram. They'v hoisted their black flag all over the town
waitn I go call u,my kinsman wey dey warfront just try reach us now say na confirm recapturreee na u dey mumu fr here?
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by sunsky29(m): 7:31am On Aug 07, 2014
barcanista: oh, you live in PHC?
yeah
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by homosapien(m): 7:33am On Aug 07, 2014
Sunofgod: No wahala . . . .

Tune back in 2moro morning and you'l hear that the military have handed their weapons to Boko Haram and fled . . .

Why not try to be a little nice to the military? they are doing their best just to make u sleep. being pessimistic does no one any good, so be positive.

2 Likes

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by icedbreez(m): 7:41am On Aug 07, 2014

Tune back in 2moro morning and you'l hear that the military have handed their weapons to Boko Haram and fled . . .

its a shame that Nigerians always celebrate the exploits of Boko Haram and never the Heroism of our Military....in other countries every citizen supports their soldiers to overcome any aggression but in Nigeria the Journalists only report news of BH sacking and burning down a whole village but when the army attacks and overcome them the bravery of our men and women in uniform are never celebrated. How do you think the moral of these people will be. Next thing they start calling Jonathan. Every single Nigerian should look INWARDS at himself and say what am I doing to HELP this country and not be CRITICISING eveything and everybody....thats the way to grow as a nation....SUPPORT.

6 Likes

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by gbishman: 7:44am On Aug 07, 2014
A very big congratulations to the honourable men in uniform may God grant you all it takes to combat this insurgents. I will advise strongly that after taking over the Gwosa and damboa areas i will suggest that the army set up a fortified base there and make their presence known and felt.
We can only advance not retreat
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by cricifixo: 7:50am On Aug 07, 2014
Soldiers Recapture
Damboa Town In Borno
Written by LEADERSHIP
font size Print Email Be the first to comment!
Scores of Boko Haram terrorists may have been killed
yesterday in Damboa town as soldiers of the 25 Task
Battalion yesterday staged a special operation that led to
the recapture of the seized town .
The 25 Task Battalion was recently deployed to specially
tackle the insurgents and recapture Damboa weeks after
the insurgents had attacked the military base there , killed
its commander and about a dozen other security
personnel, as well as sacked the residents .
LEADERSHIP was reliably informed by a top security
person in Maiduguri that the task force brigade “has today
recaptured Damboa and sent some of the insurgents
fleeing while some other members of the Boko Haram
died in the hours of shootout ” .
According to the source , the operation was facilitated by
the Nigeria Air Force Alpha- Jet and the ground troop
artillery .
It was also gathered that more troops are being deployed
into the hinterlands of Damboa for clearing patrol .
Damboa was last month sacked and over 5 , 000 residents
of the agrarian town were forced to flee to Gombe and Biu
towns where they are presently being camped .

2 Likes

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by ITbomb(m): 7:53am On Aug 07, 2014
Boko Haram greatest mistake would be to localize themselves inside Nigeria cos they will be overrun by the military, let them just continue the hit and run at least till the helicopter gunships are fully deployed

2 Likes

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by checkdate(m): 7:55am On Aug 07, 2014
Rikidony: NIGERIAN MILITARY RECAPTURED DAMBOA TOWN AND GWOZA HILLS JUST HEARD IT ON THE BBC AFRICA. ACCORDING TO REPORT AFTER BEING CHASE OUT OF DAMBOA THE TERRORIST INVADED GWOZA HILL AND OVER RAN THE VILLAGE BUT THE MILITARY WENT ON PURSUIT AND WERE ABLE TO CLEAR THEM FROM GWOZA.......MORE TO FOLLOW

SOURCE.... BBC AFRICA
I WAS EXPECTING YOU TO REFER ME TO A VIDEO
WHERE I CAN SEE OUR MILITARY RECAPTURING THE SAID GWOSA HILLS OUR AN ONLINE NEWS WEBSITE; NOT SOME THING LESS THAN THAT.
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Afroconnect: 8:00am On Aug 07, 2014

Dumb idiot,you think its fun to talk sleek-its very dumb when adults sell their safety and security just to talk sleek...you are a bloody coward and traitor-in times of war,patriots defend their nation regardless,except you are on the side of the terrorists,otherwise you are very dumb...this is war,when the chips are down we all will join the fight-see what is happening in Iraq?

Much respect to the noble military men and officers who know what honor is all about,not some kids on nairaland that can't clutch a gun,but talk dumb all day like life is a comedy.
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Afroconnect: 8:01am On Aug 07, 2014

Dumb idiot,you think its fun to talk sleek-its very dumb when adults sell their safety and security just to talk sleek...you are a bloody coward and traitor-in times of war,patriots defend their nation regardless,except you are on the side of the terrorists,otherwise you are very dumb...this is war,when the chips are down we all will join the fight-see what is happening in Iraq?

Much respect to the noble military men and officers who know what honor is all about,not some kids on nairaland that can't clutch a gun,but talk dumb all day like life is a comedy.
You are a wste to your family and nation,if all Nigerians were idiots like you all your family members would have been consumed by the animal boko you support.

1 Like

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by tete7000(m): 8:05am On Aug 07, 2014

Are you a Boko Haram member or why are you trying to down play what our military achieved. Irrespective of what you think our military are currently in charge and there is no where in the whole wide world where evil ultimately prevailed over good. For a while it may seem evil is thriving but ultimately the good prevails. B/H menaace is for a time. It can't be forever.

1 Like

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 07, 2014
Nice one, i just want those jihadist and infidels slaughtered!

1 Like

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Rikidony(m): 8:07am On Aug 07, 2014

THEN U MUST BE ONE OF THOS SAHARAREPORTERS. ARE YOU CALLING A CREDIBLE NEWS FROM THE BBC WITH CORRESPONDENT ON GROUND FALSEundecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by dammytosh: 8:09am On Aug 07, 2014
Capture SAMBISA.

Capture SAMBISA

2 Likes

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Rikidony(m): 8:10am On Aug 07, 2014
bravehost4u: I don't understand the catch a mouse game been played here.
What I need to hear is the insurgents that seized the land were annihiliated not chased away for them to fight another day.
Are they fighting to reclaim the land or to kill the terrorist?
according to BBC. hundreds of INSURGENTS WERE KILLED

2 Likes

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Evergreeen123: 8:14am On Aug 07, 2014
Rikidony:

THEN U MUST BE ONE OF THOS SAHARAREPORTERS. ARE YOU CALLING A CREDIBLE NEWS FROM THE BBC WITH CORRESPONDENT ON GROUND FALSEundecided undecided
stop deceiving yourself

Damboa has collapse
Gwoza has fallen

Boko Haram is presently running amok all over this places
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Chibokgame: 8:19am On Aug 07, 2014
That's a goodnews Sha,
Though i wanted to doubt but when i saw BBC i swallowed it..

But tell me , How many people died, then the news is complete .

Gudos to our Robots .

1 Like

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Evergreeen123: 8:21am On Aug 07, 2014
checkdate:
WHERE I CAN SEE OUR MILITARY RECAPTURING THE SAID GWOSA HILLS
Did i hear you say Gwoza Hills? Bros abeg dont believe this 'feel-good' liars. As we write, Gwoza town itself is under the control of Boko Haram, talk less of Gwoza Hills which is an impregnable fortress for them.

Check out google image of the Gwoza Hills
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Timichael(m): 8:26am On Aug 07, 2014
checkdate:
I WAS EXPECTING YOU TO REFER ME TO A VIDEO
WHERE I CAN SEE OUR MILITARY RECAPTURING THE SAID GWOSA HILLS OUR AN ONLINE NEWS WEBSITE; NOT SOME THING LESS THAN THAT.
SMH... How I wish you were drafted into the Nigerian Army to witness how easy it is to face insurgents in hot shootouts where the shout of horror and terror is the order of the day. Videos aren't enuf bro, you can jst go there on ur own and confirm instead of sitting down doing nothing at home and typing rubbish... Jst a piece of advice o, no hard feelings pls...

3 Likes

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 07, 2014
sunsky29: yeah
where in Okrika?
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by Rikidony(m): 8:43am On Aug 07, 2014
Evergreeen123: stop deceiving yourself

Damboa has collapse
Gwoza has fallen

Boko Haram is presently running amok all over this places

Why are you wishing doom to ur country. are you happy always hearing your country making the news headlines about terrorism issueangry angry

1 Like

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by signz: 8:49am On Aug 07, 2014
cricifixo: Soldiers Recapture
Damboa Town In Borno
Written by LEADERSHIP
font size Print Email Be the first to comment!
Scores of Boko Haram terrorists may have been killed
yesterday in Damboa town as soldiers of the 25 Task
Battalion yesterday staged a special operation that led to
the recapture of the seized town .
The 25 Task Battalion was recently deployed to specially
tackle the insurgents and recapture Damboa weeks after
the insurgents had attacked the military base there , killed
its commander and about a dozen other security
personnel, as well as sacked the residents .
LEADERSHIP was reliably informed by a top security
person in Maiduguri that the task force brigade “has today
recaptured Damboa and sent some of the insurgents
fleeing while some other members of the Boko Haram
died in the hours of shootout ” .
According to the source , the operation was facilitated by
the Nigeria Air Force [/b]Alpha- Jet[b] and the ground troop
artillery .
It was also gathered that more troops are being deployed
into the hinterlands of Damboa for clearing patrol .
Damboa was last month sacked and over 5 , 000 residents
of the agrarian town were forced to flee to Gombe and Biu
towns where they are presently being camped .

What about the Super Tucanos we bought from Brazil? When will it be deployed? Or are our pilots still learning how to fly the fighter jet?

Ike Nigeria agwugo m honestly
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by kwister1(m): 8:58am On Aug 07, 2014
Rikidony:

THANKS BRO
forget this ppl. All na wash, am in maiduguri nothing happn, all dis one way capture and recapture day hapn I for don hear em. All I noh is daht day capture 1 army APC vehicle from dis incompetent Sojas
Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by SergeAlain: 8:58am On Aug 07, 2014
My take on these stories is that the Nigerian Army actually attacked Damboa yesterday. They drove Boko Haram from the town, and the insurgents ran for the Cameroun border through Gwoza (just check google maps and you will see the straight road from Damboa to Gwoza towards the border). In their escape they avenged themselves on the harmless civillians in Gwoza.

As always it is difficult to understand the strategy of a battle till it is over, but i would have liked it better if the Army had put blocking positions on the Damboa/Gwoza road to ambush the insurgents as they withdrew. But then again may be they did but some escaped the cordon.

All the same we hail the courage of our men at arms. The truth is that most of the people commenting on these blogs are 10 year olds. Please ignore them!! They dont know that if this thing gets worse the FG can actually order a conscription of everyone 18 years and above.

They should be busy praying it doesnt come to that.

3 Likes

Re: Military Recaptured Damboa And Gwoza Hills From Boko Haram- Bbc by SergeAlain: 9:01am On Aug 07, 2014
signz:

What about the Super Tucanos we bought from Brazil? When will it be deployed? Or are our pilots still learning how to fly the fighter jet?

Ike Nigeria agwugo m honestly

Guy ike Nigeria agwula gi except you have another Country.

Meanwhile (1) the Super Tucano is not a jet fighter, it is actually propeller driven
(2) It does take months to learn to fly a new aircraft in battle. Better not to rush in and lose all the new aircraft.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Arrives APC National Secretariat For NWC Meeting / PDP Visits Fati Attahiru, Widow Of Late Chief Of Army Staff (Photos) / Photos From The Bomb Blast In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.