Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,417 members, 7,853,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:28 AM

Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (48177 Views)

How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story / Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise. / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
juman:

No, christians and muslims don't restrict people's movement and don't stop people from doing their business in the name of practicing their religion.

Tell that to your daddy GO that blocked the whole express road all because of one crusade. Also tell your muslim brothers that block the road because of their 1pm friday prayer.

#slave

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by marshalfire: 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
just register and earn http://jobandcash.com/?share=627326 .
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 1:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Take..

Thank you pagan9ja..as i drink am my body come dey shake...i can feel the power in me now..

where boko boys dey make i show dem my new power gotten frm drinking this blood grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 1:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
vislabraye: I wonder for people saying we should respect tradition. That means the killing of twins, female circumcision, and sacrifice of albinos should be continued.

Thats why theres no development in Ikorodu. When demons are invoked upon a land how do you want it to grow?

Ode oshi. Where did u see all these?.
Your silly hypocrisy and lies has started again.
You Christians would never stop lying against Pagans

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by tuffgongjo(m): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
sexzskil: One day I will rule the entire world like Hitler and eliminate religions and bastaard cultures from all over the planet. Fvck Christianity, Bleep Islam, damn heinous cultures and traditions! I hate the Black Race with all passion! The black race will soon be extincted, I swear!
too much of cum inside you is really affecting your brain,see as you wash with no soap involved.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
luvola: I am a Yoruba guy but why will a culture prevent the right of my movement ? That is delusional in this modern age . Majority of the active members of this oro people arr illiterate. period

You are not Yoruba, stop deceiving urself.
You don't know what it's like living a Yoruba life

Majority of Oro people are well educated, western or otherwise Yoruba people are known to be educated

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
haibe: practice your tradition without infringing the right of the citizens.. Going by your logic, any traditional can go against the law of a nation since its their culture, B'S.

The rites ended by 6am and you complain..there was a day i was suppose to traavel from lagos to another destination for a contract but guess what? i couldnt make it on time and lost the contract because your daddy GO with his crusades blocked the whole road with his brain washed followers through out the whole day..So which is worse in this case?..

#blackslave

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by luvola(m): 1:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
I will rather br a Christian or a Muslim than practising oro or involve in traditional religion...
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
This is really silly..why would u affect other people's liberty because of ur own personal shii. we really need to grow up around here...m sure several innocent lives will be wasted all in d name of defiance of dz restriction...smH for my country..
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Eddy2cute(m): 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hummmm ikorodu. Oga ooo
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kendrick93(m): 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

They are Gods represented by material idols.

unlike yu who worships idols of MEN.
next tym dnt quote me if u dnt hav any worthwhile point
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by jummy604: 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

1. Can you prove that innocent lives were lost during today's rite?

2. You complain that movement will be hindered for something that ended around 6am or so but the traffic gridlock being caused by religious camps along the expressways for hours and days does not hinder movement to you and you see it as okay?

3. To the bolded, because 2 black people were missing the next day after a traditional rite, you decide to push the blame on our tradition? Why didnt your brain ponder if it was a normal kidnap, or one of your pastors or imam kidnapped such individuals for their coded sacrifices.

4. Nigerians wont be begging for cure for ebola virus if we accepted our own beliefs, values, practices and norms..Have you ever thought that before white men came to africa the only major disease we experienced then was malaria..but since the day people like you abandoned your traditions to accept foriegn gods, we have no other choice than to succumb to the pathetic case we are in now.
6am ke,i stay in agric and the 'thing' is still on
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2014
F117A: These guys are defiling their land with blood.
Soon people would start wondering why progress in such communities is scarce
why wouldn't it be,when innocent blood are crying to God against them.
Nigeria as a country need to carry out special attornment with the blood of jesus to silence all these innocent blood,if not,we may not move forward.

Attacking people for what they didn't do. Where did u see blood in the land
As long as you stay home no problem, but if u know u have blood of Jesus pls come out and show it.

Hypocrite, you the same one spilling dirty Jewish blood on our land

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

The rites ended by 6am and you complain..there was a day i was suppose to traavel from lagos to another destination for a contract but guess what? i couldnt make it on time and lost the contract because your daddy GO with his crusades blocked the whole road with his brain washed followers through out the whole day..So which is worse in this case?..

#blackslave
i believe you understand the meaning of "restriction of movement"
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
Billygee2u:
which culture?shedding of innocent blood?

Where was innocent blood shed you lying son of his father Paul

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
jummy604: 6am ke,i stay in agric and the 'thing' is still on

Stop deceiving yourself..Someone said it here that she lives in ikorodu and went to work without knowing that such was going on..Also, so many people in my office live in ikorodu and they are here safe and sound. When work closes they go back home.

It is because you have attached fear which u got from being a christian thats why you still dey fear wetin no dey.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
vislabraye:

You are just saying gibberish. Go ahead and honour your backward culture since you claim to be wise. The computer or smart phone U use to type this nonesense, is it the product of your useless fetish culture ?

You must be an illiterate not to know that twins were killed in CAlabar. In fact I don't want to invoke Ebola disease on that your mouth.

Yes the computer Andy smart phone we use has it's origins in pagan knowledge.

What has ur christianity done for us?
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by mazeltov(m): 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
juman:

Yes we should modify our mentality and move the country towards greatness.
it is ur own brain that needs modification or probably a replacement. in 5 sentences, tell me hw tradition can negatively affect the economic development of a state grin

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

Attacking people for what they didn't do. Where did u see blood in the land
as long as you stay home no problem but if u know u have blood of Jesus pls come out and show it.

Hypocrite, you the same one spilling dirty Jewish blood on our land
thats d.problem @ the bold...why would u compel people to stay at home? there is no justification for that!!
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: i believe you understand the meaning of "restriction of movement"

So the traffic gridlock caused by christian crusades for several hours and days isnt restricting people's movement?

Now i know you are crazzy. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
kendrick93: next tym dnt quote me if u dnt hav any worthwhile point

nxt time shut the fvck up b4 talking abt thingz u dont understand.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by jummy604: 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

Stop deceiving yourself..Someone said it here that she lives in ikorodu and went to work without knowing that such was going on..Also, so many people in my office live in ikorodu and they are here safe and sound. When work closes they go back home.

It is because you have attached fear which u got from being a christian thats why you still dey fear wetin no dey.
dat was early in the morning,even my mum didnt knw.also we only heard of ikd nd some oda places,nt knwn dat agric is included even in my street most shop didnt open.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 2:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

So the traffic gridlock caused by christian crusades for several hours and days isnt restricting people's movement?

Now i know you are crazzy. angry angry
we aint restricting movement...get a dictionary make good use of it. People cause traffic everywhere,even in parties and street jamz, thats not restriction of movement....its a different case her boy,people are asked to stay home...that is an encroachment on their right!
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by luvola(m): 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

You are not Yoruba, stop deceiving urself.
You don't know what it's like living a Yoruba life

Majority of Oro people are well educated, western or otherwise Yoruba people are known to be educated
How do you know I am not a Yoruba man ? Must you force your mumu fetish oro on me ? Go and die with your oro , I am not interested. Why wnt EBOLA rattle us when we continue practising evil fetish oro. I weep for Africa.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
hensben: its, thats the problem with you guys, you argue what you dont know of just to discredit someone's belief, this present oba of bini has change many things in the palace, you are not a bini man so you shouldnt say what you dont know.

Well I was talking about Yorubas.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by hensben(m): 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
haibe:
am a yoruba boy
it's not a matter of culture, it's a matter of every citizens right to live and right to freedom. If every town in Nigeria start this oro act, then be sure nigeria is dead..
hia! what are you saying bro, what is been done once a while in ikorodu is now disturbing?do you know that the way churches are littered everywhere in the country singing, beating bands loud, disturbing the environment is wrong? even the white that brought christianity here dont even dare to do that or else, he is in soup.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by luvola(m): 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: we aint restricting movement...get a dictionary make good use of it. People cause traffic everywhere,even in parties and street jamz, thats not restriction of movement....its a different case her boy,people are asked to stay home...that is an encroachment on their right!
Leave the yabaleft patient alone, he is not ready to learn
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by obi123: 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
Evergreeen123: Mr Obi

This is Ikorodu, this is Lagos, this is Yorubaland. If you feel uncomfortable with our culture GO BACK TO IBOLAND

i dont have any emotions whatsoever about your culture , i'm just saying its unfair to restrict the movement of some people just because a king died , this is not a Yoruba thing or ibo thing, in general its just a common sense thing , by all means practice your culture but not at the expense of human beings.
i think most people appreciate the beauty of culture and like the fact that it is still being practiced but come on a 6pm curfew
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by DamiG(f): 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
alingo4life:

Dami,Lets hook up..Am an Ibadan dude..Born bred and buttered in Ibadan..Would want to meet a Fellow Nairalander in Ibadan..Thanks
my real moniker is dhammyg. if u are on whatsapp go check it
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by tuffgongjo(m): 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
luvola: I will rather br a Christian or a Muslim than practising oro or involve in traditional religion...
that is what they call "freewill" no body I forcing anything on you,so for those who chose to be ORO worshipers let them be.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: we aint restricting movement...get a dictionary make good use of it. People cause traffic everywhere,even in parties and street jamz, thats not restriction of movement....its a different case her boy,people are asked to stay home...that is an encroachment on their right!

1. When a heavy traffic gridlock occurs in an area for several hours, is there restriction of movement or not? Please answer the simple question with a Yes or NO.

2. You are only advised to stay at home as from 6pm to enable them complete the rites..that is the law of their land..That is not an encroachment of right but a simple law of the land, so obey it..

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by tuffgongjo(m): 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
luvola: How do you know I am not a Yoruba man ? Must you force your mumu fetish oro on me ? Go and die with your oro , I am not interested. Why wnt EBOLA rattle us when we continue practising evil fetish oro. I weep for Africa.
but there is Ebola cases in Saudi Arabia,is that part of africa?#dumbo

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) / Ooni: How my daughter almost lost her life to SARS operatives / Jamb Question - What Is "Eku Ijoko" In English ? (winner Gets Recharge Card)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.