Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,789 members, 7,831,551 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (48025 Views)

How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story / Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise. / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by tuffgongjo(m): 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2014
aryzgreat: this waste part of southern Nigeria is still living in stone age. imagine telling people not to come out and if u do ur head will be used to bury oba. what about travellers that are not aware about this barbaric culture? crythis waste part of southern Nigeria is still living in stone age. imagine telling people not to come out and if u do ur head will be used to bury oba. what about travellers that are not aware about this barbaric culture?
but it is where your generations rush to so that they can be somebody in life.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2014
haibe:
am a yoruba boy
it's not a matter of culture, it's a matter of every citizens right to live and right to freedom. If every town in Nigeria start this oro act, then be sure nigeria is dead..

The chinese, japanese and s/koreans stick to their traditional values and are advancing more than the whites presently..So why didnt their traditions kill them? Mtchheeeewww

#blackslave

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
Afrocatalyst:

Oga, this is Lagos. Forget that culture you're talking about. Go to your village and practise that!
I understand the importance of culture but not at the expense of those who don't belong with you!

So, basically because you live in Lagos now, these folks should leave their ancestral lands for you, no?

In case you don't know, Ikorodu is their village and they're practising their culture in their "village." If you don't like it, you will have to go back to Benin.

And I'm sure if it were the Oba of Benin doing the same thing in your Benin, you won't have a problem with it. However, you don't want other folks to do the same thing.

Also, aren't all these Christian and Muslim holidays from paganism as well? So, when are you folks going to start crying about Xmas, boxing day, Easter, and whatever the Muslims celebrate?

Most of you're just dumb - you love the white man's public holidays celebrating paganism so much you even added them to your yearly planner, but have problems with other folks celebrating their cultural holidays - hysterical.

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
haibe:

which Asian country oppress people or kill them for sacrifice in the name of appointing a king?

no one is killing anyone.. its just a warning.. It happens in asian countries too. Dont they make sacrifices? Dont the warm people in a particular area about it. Where there is no rule there isn't an offence

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by 1stola: 1:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

What you need is a good fvck from me wink wink kiss kiss kiss
grin

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Evergreeen123: 1:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
juman:

They should do their religion in the way that doesn't affect others right.
So you want them to forfeit their culture because of your own convenience?

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
SirShymex:

So, basically because you live in Lagos now, these folks should leave their ancestral lands for you, no?

In case you don't know, Ikorodu is their village and they're practising their culture in their "village." If you don't like it, you will have to go back to Benin.

And I'm sure if it were the Oba of Benin doing the same thing in your Benin, you won't have a problem with it. However, you don't want other folks to do the same thing.

Also, aren't all these Christian and Muslim holidays from paganism as well? So, when are you folks going to start crying about Xmas, boxing day, Easter, and whatever the Muslims celebrate?

Most of you're just dumb - you love the white man's public holidays celebrating paganism so much you even added them to your yearly planner, but have problems with other folks celebrating their cultural holidays - hysterical.

dont mind those dummies joor

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by haibe(m): 1:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

The chinese, japanese and s/koreans stick to their traditional values and are advancing more than the whites presently..So why didnt their traditions kill them? Mtchheeeewww

#blackslave
practice your tradition without infringing the right of the citizens.. Going by your logic, any traditional can go against the law of a nation since its their culture, B'S.

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
Leave my Ijebu folks alone!!

That's how Ijebu culture - our own Christmas, Easter, Boxing day, and bank holiday.

Long live Ijebu people - our culture will never die.

If you don't like it - go to ya village! grin

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Johnnoo(m): 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
1stola:
NA BY FORCE?
No...not @all
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by haibe(m): 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
ollah1:

no one is killing anyone.. its just a warning.. It happens in asian countries too. Dont they make sacrifices? Dont the warm people in a particular area about it. Where there is no rule there isn't an offence
Have you even stayed at a town where oro is practiced? They don't kill? lol. I now understand why you see nothing wrong

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
ollah1:

dont mind those dummies joor

They're plonkers!!!

They all celebrate white people's pagan holidays, but have problems with African folks celebrating their own culture.

And isn't the whole thing restricted to just some axis?

These folks are intolerant bast.ards. If they don't have a culture, that's their prerogative and they might as well go back to their villages and do whatever they do there.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by muyeeoo(m): 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
SirShymex: Leave my Ijebu folks alone!!

That's how Ijebu culture - our own Christmas, Easter, Boxing day, and bank holiday.

Ignorance celebrated in the name Of culture. In this 21st century people still celebrate ignorance.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by juman(m): 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

But when the christian or muslims practice their own religion that affects the peace of the average man it is okay by you?

No, christians and muslims don't restrict people's movement and don't stop people from doing their business in the name of practicing their religion.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by nicholasis(m): 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
Check out this site and tank me later,,,the regular updates there is wao >>>http://updatenaija.com
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Johnnoo(m): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

No the people rejected the word of Jewish and Roman men not the word of God.
The true word of God is not written in books but in our hearts so stop ur rubbish Jewish shiit licking
However written...in books or in ur hearts...put them into practice for the salvation of your souls
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by 1stola: 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
sexzskil: One day I will rule the entire world like Hitler and eliminate religions and bastaard cultures from all over the planet. Fvck Christianity, Bleep Islam, damn heinous cultures and traditions! I hate the Black Race with all passion! The black race will soon be extincted, I swear!
What you really need is my big black cork in your mouth.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
Attention! Attention!! Attention!!!
If you have any business or activities around ikorodu area of
Lagos state please suspend it for now.
I use to pay no or less attention whenever a traditional ruler
passed on and people start spreading rumours that 7 or 14
human heads are needed to perform some kind of funeral
rites, until a woman confirmed it today that she almost get
nailed yesterday at ikorodu for the burial rites of the late
Oba of ikorodu that pass on this week.
According to the woman she said, the good samaritan that
got her out of the danger zone said, the traditionalist
needed 14 male and female heads.
Please spread the news and save lives!!!
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
muyeeoo:

Ignorance celebrated in the name Of culture. In this 21st century people still celebrate ignorance.

I guess Christians celebrating Xmas, Easter, and Boxing day which are also pagan holidays, in the 21st century, is also ignorance, no?

And Muslims celebrating whatever the fvck they celebrate based on moon and star, another pagan holiday, is also ignorance, no?

You're an illiterate!

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 1:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
SirShymex:

You never fail to dissapoint, dummy smiley

No one is complaining about your god or whatever you choose to worship. Who cares? Even if you spend 365 days praising Stones and granites.

The question remains... why the hell should anyone restrict the movements of others in the name of religion and rites?

Na all dis rough play dey cause riots and religious wars.

I strongly urge the F.G to ban these african stup.i dity and backwardness.

Christians and Moslems do not restrict anyone from moving to wherever...

Personally, no fa.g.got can ever hinder me from moving to wherever I want. Never in this life! Atleast not in Nigeria!

I only pity those who have businesses to run around Ikorodu.

How I wish I attend a Church around that side. Heaven knows I'll be the first person to get to Church! Dat man wey go stop me, i tell u, dem neva born am.

Until thousands of heads roll; you idiotic fa.ggots will never learn.

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
juman:

No, christians and muslims don't restrict people's movement and don't stop people from doing their business in the name of practicing their religion.

I agree. christians and muslims will directly carry out a crusade on you or bomb the shyt out of your entire neighbourhood.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Evergreeen123: 1:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
SirShymex: Leave my Ijebu folks alone!!

SirShymex

I am a devotee of the Oro pantheon. I was with the Oro procession during the burial of the late Olu of Ikeja, Oba Rauf Matemi Amore.

I should have currently been in Ikorodu also if not for the engagement i have in preparation for the Osun-Osogbo festival that'l commence on monday

Our culture, belief and tradition will never die

Yeeeeeepa Oro Baba oooo !

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
juman:

And why do people have to stay home during all these Christian holidays that all have pagan origins? If that isn't restriction, I honestly don't what it's.

Leave these people alone. They never forced you to live there...if you don't like their culture, it's a free world - move to your village.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by tuffgongjo(m): 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
sorom4: Charms + Juju = Yorubaland.
Money Ritual igbo

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by vislabraye(m): 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

Stop being stupiid and fooliish..Your christian religion that you carry on your head is being dumped by the white men that sold it to you in the first place..Are you more of a better christian than they were? Ode!!!

I dont need to be a Christian to know that killing innocent people because of a tradition is evil. Go and drink some blood.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by muyeeoo(m): 1:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
SirShymex:

I guess Christians celebrating Xmas, Easter, and Boxing day which are also pagan holidays, in the 21st century, is also ignorance, no?

And Muslims celebrating whatever the fvck they celebrate based on moon and star, another pagan holiday, is also ignorance, no?

You're an illiterate!

If you are educated you will understand the implication of restricting movement because of a forsaken tradition that is not accepted by all. That is the problem. nobody is saying they should not do whatever ritual they deem fit to celebrate but restricting movement and even going ahead to kill innocent people in the name of culture is stupid and barbaric

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
hensben: bro human sacrifices when oba dies was practiced during ancient time for example, in bini they no longer do.

It is not completely abolished though. Aren't we talking about Nigeria again? Leave that matter bro.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Emmaomotob(m): 1:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
Afrocatalyst:

Oga, this is Lagos. Forget that culture you're talking about. Go to your village and practise that!
I understand the importance of culture but not at the expense of those who don't belong with you!
Ship in or ship out
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
[s]
Acidosis:

You never fail to dissapoint, dummy smiley

No one is complaining about your god or whatever you choose to worship. Who cares? Even if you spend 365 days praising Stones and granites.

The question remains... why the hell should anyone restrict the movements of others in the name of religion and rites?

Na all dis rough play dey cause riots and religious wars.

I strongly urge the F.G to ban these african stup.i dity and backwardness.

Christians and Moslems do not restrict anyone from moving to wherever...

Personally, no fa.g.got can ever hinder me from moving to wherever I want. Never in this life! Atleast not in Nigeria!

I only pity those who have businesses to run around Ikorodu.

How I wish I attend a Church around that side. Heaven knows I'll be the first person to get to Church! Dat man wey go stop me, i tell u, dem neva born am.

Until thousands of heads roll; you idiotic fa.ggots will never learn.
[/s]

You're a stark illiterate and all your posts are always incoherent with all kinds of tripe for illiterates on your level, and nothing sensible.

Can you please post in English language? I don't speak gorilla-speaks by religious wingnuts with the IQ of a panda!

I'm trying to debate educated folks, not dyslexic patients.

Sod off and go play with ya mates!

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by juman(m): 1:21pm On Aug 07, 2014
Evergreeen123: So you want them to forfeit their culture because of your own convenience?

They are not more yoruba than other yorubas in other religions.

Their barring people from living their lifes is breach of law

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Evergreeen123: 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
muyeeoo:

If you are educated you will understand the implication of restricting movement because of a forsaken tradition that is not accepted by all. That is the problem. nobody is saying they should not do whatever ritual they deem fit to celebrate but restricting movement and even going ahead to kill innocent people in the name of culture is stupid and barbaric
No one is restricting your movement. If you know you are man enough, you can go outside when the Eluuku Deity is in procession

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by braveheart77: 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
ollah1:

lol does this one even no what oro is?? No killing? lmao. you never know anything

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

A Brief Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica / Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / Ooni Of Ogunwusi & King Jaja Of Opobo Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.