Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,382 members, 7,853,701 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (48168 Views)

How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story / Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise. / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
braveheart77: lol does this one even no what oro is?? No killing? lmao. you never know anything

@haibe

Would they come to your house to kill you? Would you be hurt if you are found outside the axis where it would be performed? It's how they do their thing which you have to respect and if u ain't cool with that shut the hell up. Don't Christians and Muslims do their celebrations, Ohh it's kl. They can do theirs but the indigenous folks can't do same. It becomes a problem when it's time to practice their culture. If a king dies in other parts of the country, tell them not to do what the ikorodu people wanna do.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by disloman(m): 2:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
kkjoy:

Get yours fact correctly before saying it in public, who told u a room in ikorodu is 100 naira?? There are plenty places in lagos that ikorodu is far far far better than... Wait till the road is completed and see if u won't join the queue to ikorodu
Bro!can u do mi a favour?Read my post again bit by bit.Mayb u might comprehend what I wrote.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by luvola(m): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
tuffgongjo: but there is Ebola cases in Saudi Arabia,is that part of africa?#dumbo
where is the origin of ebola ? mumu
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
SirShymex: [s][/s]

Git, you've lived all your life in villages in Nigeria, who do you know about exposure? You honestly think watching TV, reading junk books, and being an overzealous religious wingnut mean exposure, no? Can you now see why I think you're a stark illiterate? grin

Honestly, you're not my level, trust me. And my pinky finger is more exposed than you'll ever be. So when I talk: you need to listen attentively, get a notebook and a pen, and start writing things down.

I don't suffer fools and illiterates gladly - go find ya mates to chat to and stop quoting me, you uneducated yokel. undecided

ahahahahaha... look at this ex-village chief that feels "being exposed" equates writing on Nair a land about his fortunate trip to the colony of his slave masters grin grin Who cares? grin

Kindly get your dictionary and search for the meaning of "unexposed". smiley Thereafter, you'll realise how stu. pid you're.

Knowledge wise; you're way below zero level.

Character-wise; you're far from someone I can engage with reasonable conversations.

There is a wide margin between us. 20 years of adequate training is not enough to teach you. smiley
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2014
jummy604: dat was early in the morning,even my mum didnt knw.also we only heard of ikd nd some oda places,nt knwn dat agric is included even in my street most shop didnt open.

My dear, it is the law of the land and is just for less than a day. The restriction is from 6pm..

BUT why do we find it difficult to obey the laws of our land but we willingly obey the law of the white man? Na wah for black man's mentality sad

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by hensben(m): 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
muyeeoo:

Ignorance celebrated in the name Of culture. In this 21st century people still celebrate ignorance.
how does 21st century affects culture if you know yourself, japanese, chinese, et al have a tradition and shrines too but they are advancing, i ask again, how does science affect religion? #blackslave.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by luvola(m): 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
tuffgongjo: that is what they call "freewill" no body I forcing anything on you,so for those who chose to be ORO worshipers let them be.
But must they stop the right of other non oro worshippers from moving around ?

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lekhane(m): 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

Under development Because of a ceremony in honor of a deity and a.king??
go to England and tell them to disregard all ceremonies after the death of their monarch
You bastrd child. Just because it's African it Must be backward and the cause of under-development.
Sell urself to the white man for free you worthless slave

Ur stupid evangelism has reached everywhere already, but not all people are stupid enough to worship a dead jew
you don't have to take it to this level na, I guess you've not had a personal experience of what this is all about, the England people am certain will never sacrifice themselves all because one man died. If a culture splits blood and discourage productivity, then how can those engaged in it be productive? Please am just airing my opinion, you don't have to be offensive
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by hensben(m): 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
captivating: Attention! Attention!! Attention!!!
If you have any business or activities around ikorodu area of
Lagos state please suspend it for now.
I use to pay no or less attention whenever a traditional ruler
passed on and people start spreading rumours that 7 or 14
human heads are needed to perform some kind of funeral
rites, until a woman confirmed it today that she almost get
nailed yesterday at ikorodu for the burial rites of the late
Oba of ikorodu that pass on this week.
According to the woman she said, the good samaritan that
got her out of the danger zone said, the traditionalist
needed 14 male and female heads.
Please spread the news and save lives!!!
FALSE RUMOUR!!! you are just spreading propaganda to make you feel good

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by luvola(m): 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
tuffgongjo: that is what they call "freewill" no body I forcing anything on you,so for those who chose to be ORO worshipers let them be.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by disloman(m): 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
yomanovic:

ur so freaking silly mehn. lets see if you got enough money to buy a house in ikeja where you live. be a tenant forever, mr ebola.
Do u pple think at all?Don't need to word with u cos of ur low IQ.Read my post again.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by tuffgongjo(m): 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
luvola: where is the origin of ebola ? mumu
where was Cancer origin?africa?when you talk open your brain$not keep it in your freezer,religion,tradition$culture has nothing to do with the outbreak of any Disease or virus.
I hope you get that into your low wave brain.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by hensben(m): 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

You never fail to dissapoint, dummy smiley

No one is complaining about your god or whatever you choose to worship. Who cares? Even if you spend 365 days praising Stones and granites.

The question remains... why the hell should anyone restrict the movements of others in the name of religion and rites?

Na all dis rough play dey cause riots and religious wars.

I strongly urge the F.G to ban these african stup.i dity and backwardness.

Christians and Moslems do not restrict anyone from moving to wherever...

Personally, no fa.g.got can ever hinder me from moving to wherever I want. Never in this life! Atleast not in Nigeria!

I only pity those who have businesses to run around Ikorodu.

How I wish I attend a Church around that side. Heaven knows I'll be the first person to get to Church! Dat man wey go stop me, i tell u, dem neva born am.

Until thousands of heads roll; you idiotic fa.ggots will never learn.
hypocrites you are not a christian, christians are not suppose to be violent in nature

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by tuffgongjo(m): 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
luvola: But must they stop the right of other non oro worshippers from moving around ?
I A̶̲̥̅♏ a non oro worshiper,but I heard thing has stopped by 6a.m,so I don't see any restriction of movement.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lekhane(m): 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
fowowe411: I weep when Africans typed like this smh well how does this affect you?
and I also weep when africans don't get into the root of their origin because of civilization, you don't know a dime of what this is all about and I pray you don't fall victim
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
m*d dey ur brain?

Dragonking:

What about blood of muhammad
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by aadoiza: 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
Now I'm wearing a lugubrious and long countenance as many folks here likened restriction to holidays. Let them worship stone and iron while I on the other hand use them for construction. Lol!
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by disloman(m): 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
siegfried99:

grin grin you are absolutely right.

I lived there for 5 years and I lost count of how many ORO that was done.. grin grin

N some goats telling mi bullshit.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by hensben(m): 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

You never fail to dissapoint, dummy smiley

No one is complaining about your god or whatever you choose to worship. Who cares? Even if you spend 365 days praising Stones and granites.

The question remains... why the hell should anyone restrict the movements of others in the name of religion and rites?

Na all dis rough play dey cause riots and religious wars.

I strongly urge the F.G to ban these african stup.i dity and backwardness.

Christians and Moslems do not restrict anyone from moving to wherever...

Personally, no fa.g.got can ever hinder me from moving to wherever I want. Never in this life! Atleast not in Nigeria!

I only pity those who have businesses to run around Ikorodu.

How I wish I attend a Church around that side. Heaven knows I'll be the first person to get to Church! Dat man wey go stop me, i tell u, dem neva born am.

Until thousands of heads roll; you idiotic fa.ggots will never learn.
moslems just finish their ramadan, did they not declare holiday? are everybody in nigeria moslem? but they abide by it and stay at home, so you think people that stayed at home dont something to do that week.....smh.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Tval(m): 2:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
May ur sacrifices be accepted.

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by ochukoccna: 2:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
One thing the advocates, devotees and supporters of the oro rites in Ikorodu and by extension others rituals associated with ATR have craftily side stepped is the issue of [size=16pt]human sacrifice(s) in their rites and rituals[/size]. undecided lipsrsealed shocked angry
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by luvola(m): 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
I wish I am the inspector general of police , I will order shoot on sight order on any oro worshippers.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kaydkay(m): 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
PLS DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SITUATION OF THINGS IN IKORODU NOWW!! ESPECIALLY AROUND BENSON AREA (ECOBANK)

I AM STILL AT WORK (YABA) BUT PLAN LEAVING BEFORE 4PM.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
olaxco2f: m*d dey ur brain?

Tell that to your brothers hiding in sambisa forest smiley
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by tuffgongjo(m): 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2014
hensben: moslems just finish their ramadan, did they not declare holiday? are everybody in nigeria moslem? but they abide by it and stay at home, so you think people that stayed at home dont something to do that week.....smh.
even NYSC camp was postponed because of their fasting.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2014
luvola: I wish I am the inspector general of police , I will order shoot on sight order on any oro worshippers.

Tomorrow you will go to church and be forming holy holy..

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by disloman(m): 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2014
sorom4: Charms + Juju = Yorubaland.
C ya life.No like cos pple see ur comment so silly n stup.....I'd.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by hensben(m): 2:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
muyeeoo:

If you are educated you will understand the implication of restricting movement because of a forsaken tradition that is not accepted by all. That is the problem. nobody is saying they should not do whatever ritual they deem fit to celebrate but restricting movement and even going ahead to kill innocent people in the name of culture is stupid and barbaric
when moslem experience ramadan just few weeks ago did they not restrict people's movement, are everybody moslem in nigeria but people stayed at home, this just only ikorodu and you are spewing rubbish just to discredit what you dont like.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by tuffgongjo(m): 2:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
luvola: I wish I am the inspector general of police , I will order shoot on sight order on any oro worshippers.
brother you wan cause war be that oo,I know you won't even do it.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 2:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
tuffgongjo: even NYSC camp was postponed because of their fasting.

Thank you but yet they didnt come out to cry that it is infringement of their rights then.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by ochukoccna: 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
kaydkay: PLS DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SITUATION OF THINGS IN IKORODU NOWW!! ESPECIALLY AROUND BENSON AREA (ECOBANK)

I AM STILL AT WORK (YABA) BUT PLAN LEAVING BEFORE 4PM.

My advice to you is to sleep in town
Look in a mirror, hold your head with your hands and faithfully decide if you really love it
Before the oba passed, fetish things went unabated and rumours of missing people abounded during their traditional festivals
Now that he's no more... undecided undecided
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by tuffgongjo(m): 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

Thank you but yet they didnt come out to cry that it is infringement of their rights then.
I don't worship oro,I A̶̲̥̅♏ no muslim,not even a "solid" christian,but I don't buy all the religious shits here,let them do their(oro) thing since it is less than a day.
Live$let's live.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) / Ooni: How my daughter almost lost her life to SARS operatives / Jamb Question - What Is "Eku Ijoko" In English ? (winner Gets Recharge Card)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.