Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

So, What About When Women Abuse Men? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / So, What About When Women Abuse Men? (16023 Views)

When Women Lie That They Are Pregnant Just To Trap Guys Into Marrying Them / Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship / When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by PastorOluT(m): 4:57am On Aug 13, 2014
This is the more reason u marry rightly, unfortunately most of the marraiges this days have no base.

1 Like

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by ednut1(m): 5:00am On Aug 13, 2014
nigerian women losy their mind the day they began to accept the gender equality BS. cant even imagine my self gettin married o. the day my wife go vex me. na ISIS beheading i go give am. shoutout to my baby mama lol.

1 Like

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by sarutobie(m): 5:04am On Aug 13, 2014
aisha2: Good move by Emeka Ossai, they have recognised a problem people refuse to talk about and are doing something about it.
Sadly most men dont even know they are in abusive relationships because they are told " Women are like that, just 'ignore' her". No, it is not "Normal" for a woman to shout, scream at you and verbally abuse you, it is not "normal" for a woman to hold your shirt, dare you and slap you because she has" smaller hands".

The first step is to educate men on what constitutes abuse and let them also realise that a spouse who reacts violently is not your fault.
Educate the men to also understand that there is nothing macho is silently bearing abuse because violence knows no gender, if she gets away with slapping you tomorrow she will use pestle and break your head, if she is not strong enough to physically kill you, she will kill you from high blood pressure or run you crazy.

Abusive people should get help and not spouses.
aisha your posts are always laced with wisdom...bless you.

2 Likes

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by pyyxxaro: 5:09am On Aug 13, 2014
Just Passing............ Una well done
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by MightySparrow: 6:54am On Aug 13, 2014
I don't understand this abuse thing. The solution to every bully is resistance - resist the devils, male or female, he or she will flee from abusing you.

No bully enjoys resistance, at home, in office, everywhere only prepare for a total showdown.

I can't imaging nagging after an all day stress at work or a woman slapping me around the house.

I will not abuse either, so, I will not tolerate it.
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 13, 2014
Just recently, my boss' secretary slapped me during a slight argument in the office. She was this kind of person who boasted about her past exploits in breaking men's head with bottles and punching them at any slightest provocation. I didn't react as most men would have done. I just walked away not because she was a married woman but because of the respect I have for my boss and the fact that I wanted to make her pay dearly for it. I simply put up a petition against her to the Dept of Establishment who oversees recruitment and staff training and she was almost dismissed! I had to plead with them not to dismiss her as I didn't want to be responsible for her retrenchment and after much entreaties by other colleagues, they brought down her punishment to a query. At least next time before she raises up her hand to slap a man, she would think twice even if it were to be a male child.

My advice to men out there is that when a woman abuses you both physically and verbally, don't resort to violence which is usually the next impulse. Seek help and assistance with the appropriate authorities rather than shy away because of your ego and pine away in silence. Domestic abuse and violence against men is real and has adverse effects on a man just as it it for a woman if turned the other way round.

5 Likes

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Youngzedd(m): 7:23am On Aug 13, 2014
No body will ever believe that a girl raped a boy, especially when the boy is up to 18+

#Injustice.
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 13, 2014
When a man abuse a woman, he is label a coward. But when a woman abuse a man, the abused man is still label a coward. Haba it's not fair at all.

7 Likes

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Konjour(m): 7:31am On Aug 13, 2014
And people think the genders are equal. If anything will give, its the men that should be campaigning for equal rights and it does apply to men all around the World.
Whilst I was living in Chennai, India, if you are unlucky enough to have been reported to the police by a woman, the first thing they'd do regardless of what the matter is, or who is at fault, is to detain you. Irregardless of who gets into the bus first and how long or short the distance to travel is, you're expected as a man to stand up for the woman even if its a small girl and give her your seat instead despite the fact that the buses have got seperate seats for men and women. She can nag you to death at home also whilst reminding you that she paid for your 'groomprice' and the law doesn't really give enough support or even consideration to abused men. In Nigeria, its probably just as worse. The society is severely prejudiced towards men and it makes me wonder when I see Feminists throw tantrums about their percieved sense of injustice whilst your own wife can send you packing from a house whose rent will be deducted from your account because she suspects you of cheating in 1st World countries.

4 Likes

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Sabretooth1(m): 7:34am On Aug 13, 2014
Is the world just realising this? Women have an unfair advantage in most things. The only reason why many women get on the receiving end of physical abuse is that they are physically weaker. They would have loved to be the one on the giving end. Most attack the man first, either verbally or physically. When he reacts, he's a demon.

Imagine if JayZ had returned just one of Solange's punches.
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by shadabia: 8:04am On Aug 13, 2014
FACT ABOUT LIFE
THE WISEST MAN ON EARTH STILL HAVE A BLACK SHADOW.
NO MECHANIC CAN REPAIR BREAKING NEWS.
NO MATTER HOW TALL YOU ARE, YOU CAN NEVER SEE TOMORROW.
EVEN IF YOU HAVE MILLIONS OF CARS, YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO WALK INTO YOUR BEDROOM.
To continue reading, goto... http://shadabia..com/2014/08/facts-about-life.html

HOW TO GET FLAT BELLY
Hi,
The issue of belly fat is not restricted to a particular gender. It happens to anyone, mostly due to child delivery in women and in men, due to an addictive life style of drinking, too much food intake and or laziness to exercise the body.Click here for more info http://shadabia..com/2014/08/how-to-get-flat-belly.html

DATA RECOVERY
If you are a user of gadgets such as Cam coders, laptop PCs, Desktops, Ipads, Flash drives and etc, the you are not unfamiliar to the issue of data loss, here is a solution for you. Click here for futher info...http://shadabia..com/2014/08/data-recovery.html
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Ghost01(m): 8:41am On Aug 13, 2014
It's nice to see people finally talking about this. Every time, in mainstream media, all you ever hear of are cases where women are depicted as the victims and the males as the villains. Yes, discrimination against women exists but equal attention must be paid to cases where men are the victims of abuse by women in relationships. We are not slaves. Feminism is good, but feminism with empathy is better. You'll even find that some who claim to be feminists are misandrists hiding under the feminism cloak.
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:44am On Aug 13, 2014
This is timely!

FYI

Verbal abuse to a man is as terrible as physical abuse is to a woman.

A man prefers you punch him in the face rather than tell him "you're a useless man"

And yet no one talks about this.

Even the entire world making a mistake only trying to empower and educate women.

I suggest if you want the female gender treated very well, you should start enlightening and educating young boys on how to treat a lady. STOP FOCUSING EXCESSIVELY ON THE FEMALE GENDER WHILE LEAVING THE MALE COUNTERPART OUT. IT WILL STILL UNPRODUCTIVE angry

1 Like

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 13, 2014
All forms of abuse against any gender is wrong and people shouldnt accept it
Its true, men are abused, but many dont report it becaause they will be laughed at. This is very sad and something should be done about this.
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Tymax(m): 8:57am On Aug 13, 2014
If you tell the police that your wife beat you, I'm certain they'll laugh at you. This is Nigeria. Women are supposed to be the footstool here- culturally speaking.

Usually, abusive ladies have poor home-training. They can insult anyone, anywhere. They never stay on the queue at atm points or in banking halls. Always looking for shortcuts. Very disgusting, uncouth creatures. I honestly do not blame guys who eventually beat up such irrational ladies. They had it coming.

3 Likes

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by naijaboiy: 9:06am On Aug 13, 2014
The day a woman will dare slap me.....

Hmmmm....

Well i'm not sure my anger will allow me think straight that day lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by naijaboiy: 9:09am On Aug 13, 2014
Tymax: If you tell the police that your wife beat you, I'm certain they'll laugh at you. This is Nigeria. Women are supposed to be the footstool here- culturally speaking.

Usually, abusive ladies have poor home-training. They can insult anyone, anywhere. They never stay on the queue at atm points or in banking halls. Always looking for shortcuts. Very disgusting, uncouth creatures. I honestly do not blame guys who eventually beat up such irrational ladies. They had it coming.
I tell you man...
I've actually had an encounter with that type of a woman in a bank
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by gbadexy(m): 9:10am On Aug 13, 2014
No be small thing. I once witnessed a woman calling a man bastard repeatedly and daring him simply because of parking space.
The man was just looking. He sure wasn't able to abuse as the woman.
If he had hit her in anger, the people around including the men would say he hit a woman as if its a taboo and the police and judge won't be lenient with him.
I don't know how to do cursing competition with a woman but what am I supposed to do if some woman in public insult my parent or slap me. I should be a gentleman and keep quiet?
The woman I'm that scenario was feeling cool with herself and felt like a champion because she knew the society protected her.
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by agitator: 9:21am On Aug 13, 2014
filani:

Duly noted, I framed my post the way I did to encourage men not to accept abuse from women as 'normal'.

Abuse instigated by any gender is wrong to be sure but look around you, when was the last time you saw a topic on abuse which did not cast men as the abuser and women as the perpetual innocent victim?

When was he last time you read an article in the papers on abusive relationships where abusive men are demonised but abusive women are 'swept under the carpet' and treated as a myth?

How many Nollywood and Hollywood movies have touched on the (cliche)issue of abusive men and strangely silent on abusive women?

We men will continue to be on the receiving end of this biased mindset until we are ready to push for a change!

I'm not a die hard Nollywood fan, but few times I've watched some nollywood movies with Patience Ozokwoh active abusive roles against her husband.

Another Nollywood actress also, can't really remember the name. And most people who watch see the man as a sissy. undecided undecided undecided

Some women are physically assaulted by men because the husband doesn't want people seeing him as a sissy. The only way in Nigeria (my opinion) to show people that you are not a sissy is to beat the living day lights out of the woman. angry angry angry

And the man becomes the abuser in the eyes of the society grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by fireforfire: 9:24am On Aug 13, 2014
Woman beating man?
Trying to picshur it grin
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 13, 2014
As an adult, i have been molested by a lady before but I kept quiet undecided

This world is not fair.. cry

Thank God I survived it .
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by chuksmad(m): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2014
Some men are really suffering in silence. The first world countries are paying for it now, thats why u see a lot cases of divorce in western world. That is why i prefer the moslem world the way they handle marital issue. They understand better.

1 Like

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by pak: 9:36am On Aug 13, 2014
okparaugo: As an adult, i have been molested by a lady before but I kept quiet undecided

This world is not fair.. cry

Thank God I survived it .

Hmmm.....Do you know the word 'molest' more often than not often has sexual connotations ? Its not just about physical assault.
If indeed you have been molested as an adult male. I (and am sure the whole of nairaland) might want to know more about it. It might help someone out there by learning how to handle such scenario.
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 13, 2014
aisha2: Good move by Emeka Ossai, they have recognised a problem people refuse to talk about and are doing something about it.
Sadly most men dont even know they are in abusive relationships because they are told " Women are like that, just 'ignore' her". No, it is not "Normal" for a woman to shout, scream at you and verbally abuse you, it is not "normal" for a woman to hold your shirt, dare you and slap you because she has" smaller hands".

The first step is to educate men on what constitutes abuse and let them also realise that a spouse who reacts violently is not your fault.
Educate the men to also understand that there is nothing macho is silently bearing abuse because violence knows no gender, if she gets away with slapping you tomorrow she will use pestle and break your head, if she is not strong enough to physically kill you, she will kill you from high blood pressure or run you crazy.

Abusive people should get help and not spouses.

I like, no, I love your write up..
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 13, 2014
pak:

Hmmm.....Do you know the word 'molest' more often than not often has sexual connotations ? Its not just about physical assault.
If indeed you have been molested as an adult male. I (and am sure the whole of nairaland) might want to know more about it. It might help someone out there by learning how to handle such scenario.

grin

Girls are bad.
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by faceve: 9:51am On Aug 13, 2014
[b][/b][quote author=Godmystrength]It is a welcome idea. No one deserves to be abused. And let the abused men speak out too.

Maybe the same way a woman is not allowed to complain when her husband cheats on her (it is her husband's right to cheat),
same way the men keeps quiet when their wives abuse them (it is expected of the man to be strong and not show sign of weakness).
The same thing that's keeping the woman's mouth shut should also keep the man's mouth shut. grin
lipsrsealed[/quot,my dear u are right men are too abusive dey deserve to be tortured
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Godmystrength: 10:03am On Aug 13, 2014
OBIORAA: When a man abuse a woman, he is label a coward. But when a woman abuse a man, the abused man is still label a coward. Haba it's not fair at all.
Hahahaha!!! is it paining you ni?
when a man cheats, the woman is blamed. But when a woman cheats, the same woman is still blamed.
So just enjoy that part that favors you and stop complaining about when you are at the receiving end o grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by rebella(f): 10:03am On Aug 13, 2014
When more and more men start to speak up against abuse of their gender, the less society looks down at those men that are being abused by their spouses and partners, soon it will become the norm for both men and women to be held accountable. SAY NO TO ABUSE

3 Likes

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by pak: 10:24am On Aug 13, 2014
okparaugo:

grin

Girls are bad.

Bros na wa O !!
We say make you talk wetin happen.....you say girls are bad !

Please let us know the details of your molestation, why am curious is that, I used to be one of those that think it is not possible (or highly unlikely) for an adult male to be molested but your story might just open my eyes more......
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Revolva(m): 10:28am On Aug 13, 2014
Omo na only woman story dem sabi hear...omo if my wife do dat shit to me I will smack her before pursue Am to her papa house
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 13, 2014
prince3009: Just recently, my boss' secretary slapped me during a slight argument in the office. She was this kind of person who boasted about her past exploits in breaking men's head with bottles and punching them at any slightest provocation. I didn't react as most men would have done. I just walked away not because she was a married woman but because of the respect I have for my boss and the fact that I wanted to make her pay dearly for it. I simply put up a petition against her to the Dept of Establishment who oversees recruitment and staff training and she was almost dismissed! I had to plead with them not to dismiss her as I didn't want to be responsible for her retrenchment and after much entreaties by other colleagues, they brought down her punishment to a query. At least next time before she raises up her hand to slap a man, she would think twice even if it were to be a male child.
My advice to men out there is that when a woman abuses you both physically and verbally, don't resort to violence which is usually the next impulse. Seek help and assistance with the appropriate authorities rather than shy away because of your ego and pone in silence. Domestic abuse and violence against men is real and has adverse effects on a man just as it it for a woman if turned the other way round.

You did very well, You should have let the law take its course FULLY, silly woman.
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Godmystrength: 11:00am On Aug 13, 2014
aisha2:

You did very well, You should have let the law take its course FULLY, silly woman.
very silly. Why should you slap anyone not to talk of slapping a man? mtscheeew. what if the man wasn't matured about it and probably gave her a very big punch and she faints, i am sure when she wakes up, her brain would have gone back to default setting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady / Persistence Rash On ♍Ɣ Kids Skin / 15 Reasons Marriages Between Nigerian/African Men And American Women Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.