Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,474 members, 7,830,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Does Dettol Kill Ebola Virus? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Dettol Kill Ebola Virus? (4308 Views)

Bitter Kola As Cure For The Deadly Ebola Virus? / What We Need To Know About Ebola Virus / Dettol Disinfectant Recalled In South Africa For Being ‘unsafe’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Dettol Kill Ebola Virus? by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 08, 2014
I guess am really confused about this salt and hot water stuff, I would like to knw if dettol can be an effective antiseptic for ebola virus, instead of bathing hot water and salt every morning, I need answers please.
Re: Does Dettol Kill Ebola Virus? by delishpot: 8:55am On Aug 08, 2014
Left to me, anyone who leaves his/her house in the morning should wear a face mask and hand gloves, all citizens should avoid body contact when outside. If you must buy or sell use hand gloves to handle the items. Esp super markets where people tend to touch things before buying. All customers entering the supermarket should be made to wear these gloves and face masks to avoid dropping this virus on items on display. Wash bottles and cans you bring home as soon as you get home.
Reduce the rate at which you go to public places.
Wipe face with had sanitizers spread on wet wipes after going to public places. . Anti bacterial may not be effective against this virus so buy hand sanitizer that is also anti Virus.
As soon as you get home, head straight to the bathroom, remove your clothes and take a bath. If you like use salt if you like use bleach if you like use detol or even acid, bottom line is, bathe! Keep shoes outside the home. Arrange bathroom slippers at the spot to use in the home so as soon as you get to your gate/door you remove the outing shoes and Wear the house shoes.
Avoid meeting too many people. if this Mr sawyer was in naija earlier before his symptoms became bad, he would have managed to take his sick self to that meeting and God knows how many hands he would have given handshakes before he would be too weak to attend again. I marine if he shook an Alfani with 4 wives at home and 10kids who are in school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Dettol Kill Ebola Virus? by Seun(m): 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ebola is "susceptible" to dettol but more information is required. See https://www.nairaland.com/1882643/how-kill-ebola-virus-objects

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Nigerian Doctor Who Removed The World's Largest Fibroid. / Die Hard Survivor: Baby Clutches Unto The IUD Planted To Prevent His Conception / She Is Having Persistent Droplet,from Her Private Part, Any Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.