Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row (3388 Views)

Man Killed While Negotiating With A Commercial Sex Worker / Ghanaian Man Killed Pregnant Nigerian And Remove The Organs (Photo) / Married Man Killed By Jealous Badoo Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by Sisikill: 2:13am On Oct 18, 2008
Man killed wife in Facebook row

A man has been jailed for life for stabbing his wife to death over a posting she made on the social networking site Facebook.

Wayne Forrester, 34, told police he was devastated that his wife Emma, also 34, had changed her online profile to "single" days after he had moved out.

The Old Bailey heard Forrester drove to her home in Croydon, south London, and attacked the mother-of-two.

He stabbed her with a kitchen knife and a meat cleaver on 18 February.

Forrester, who pleaded guilty to murder, was ordered to serve a minimum term of 14 years.

Judge Brian Barker, the Common Serjeant of London, told him: "You committed a terrible act. There is no possible excuse or justification.

"This is a tragic killing and what you have done has caused untold anguish."

Forrester, an HGV driver, was drunk and high on cocaine when he attacked the mother of two in the early hours as she slept.

He beat her, tore out clumps of her hair, and repeatedly stabbed her in the head and neck.

Neighbours were woken up by her screams. They found him sitting outside the house covered in blood and called the police.

The court heard Forrester thought his wife, a payroll administrator, was having an affair and had threatened to kill her.

The couple, who had been together for 15 years, had a "volatile" marriage, jurors were told.

'Devastated and humiliated'

The day before the murder, he called her parents and complained about his wife's Facebook entry which he said "made her look like a fool", the court heard.

In a statement to police Forrester said: "Emma and I had just split up. She forced me out.

"She then posted messages on an internet website telling everyone she had left me and was looking to meet other men.

"I loved Emma and felt totally devastated and humiliated about what she had done to me."

In a victim impact statement, Mrs Forrester's sister Liza Rothery said the murder had had a "devastating" impact on her and parents Frances and Robert.

Miss Rothery added: "What on earth could Emma have done to result in such a brutal, callous attack on a defenceless woman?"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7676285.stm

This is hella funny! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh spare me the holier than thou why are you laughing speech. It is FUNNY.

It's sad she died but come on. . . over a Facebook Status??

Jeez! Facebook users. . . you've been warned.
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by savanaha: 2:24am On Oct 18, 2008
This is hella funny! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I don't have a Facebook but I now how my friends obsess about it. I had a friend that made her status single and took down all their pictures together as soon as he wanted to "take a break." The next day guys were hitting on her. Yes, people take it too seriously though cocain and alcohol does make it worse. I think it is kinda funny too how people overreact about a website to post pictures, like its a life line.
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by eldee(m): 2:25am On Oct 18, 2008
Sisikill:

This is hella funny! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Why couldn't she just switch to 'It's complicated' first . . . before 'Single'?? cheesy
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by Sisikill: 2:28am On Oct 18, 2008
savanaha:

I don't have a Facebook but I now how my friends obsess about it. I had a friend that made her status single and took down all their pictures together as soon as he wanted to "take a break." The next day guys were hitting on her. Yes, people take it too seriously though cocain and alcohol does make it worse. I think it is kind of funny too how people overreact about a website to post pictures, like its a life line.

Honestly! It's pure madness. . . I can't count how many Facebook "fights" have had to listen to with my cousins and their friends. Why did you write on his wall, when you know I kinda like him? I put him on my superwall, that should have given you a clue. . .duh! Now taking someone off your friend's list tells you how grave their offense is.

Jeebus!!
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by KarmaMod(f): 2:28am On Oct 18, 2008
and they say NYers are psychotic.
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by Sisikill: 2:29am On Oct 18, 2008
eldee:

Why couldn't she just switch to 'It's complicated' first . . . before 'Single'?? cheesy

Tee hee hee. . .  looks like you are an expert in the 'ol status thingy, eh? wink
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by Sisikill: 2:30am On Oct 18, 2008
KarmaMod:

and they say NYers are psychotic.

Bwahahaha! Yeah, at least they kill for a legit reason, like an old pair of timberlands tongue
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by KarmaMod(f): 2:34am On Oct 18, 2008
old ke?

Nooo they only shank people over new shoes oh tongue

oh stepping on white sneakers is another grave sin grin
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by eldee(m): 2:40am On Oct 18, 2008
Sisikill:

Tee hee hee. . .  looks like you are an expert in the 'ol status thingy, eh? wink
Apparently . . .

Married: When you're in a serious relationship
In a relationship: When you're actually single but need to get attention, no guy wants a chic that other guys don't like tongue tongue
It's complicated: Gets you the pity you need . . . it's like 'I tried my best, it's not working' cheesy
Single: Switch to single and it gets all the attention cool cool
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by KarmaMod(f): 2:42am On Oct 18, 2008
So everyone with "in a relationship" isnt in one?

Btw it's creepy that you know facebook like that eldee
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by eldee(m): 2:49am On Oct 18, 2008
KarmaMod:

So everyone with "in a relationship" isnt in one?
Apparently . . . why do you think people always switch status' every week??
C'mon, no news sells like bad news . . . ask Amy Winehouse

KarmaMod:

between it's creepy that you know facebook like that eldee
Oi . . . at least it's saved my neck from getting shanked a couple of times
Emma Forester didn't do her homework well . . . that's not how I want to end up . . . nah!!!
She's not even going to make Daily Mirror's front page grin
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by Sisikill: 3:01am On Oct 18, 2008
KarmaMod:

old ke?

Nooo they only shank people over new shoes oh tongue

oh stepping on white sneakers is another grave sin grin

So what are you saying. . . bring only my brown Nikes coz I hear they spit on 'em Nikes over there, apparently it's not kosher enough for New Yorkers? grin

eldee:

Apparently . . . why do you think people always switch status' every week??
C'mon, no news sells like bad news . . . ask Amy Winehouse
Oi . . . at least it's saved my neck from getting shanked a couple of times
Emma Forester didn't do her homework well . . . that's not how I want to end up . . . nah!!!
She's not even going to make Daily Mirror's front page grin

Oh Come on! The Daily Mail will do that? Don't tell me they'd rather have anothr Princess Di sighting?

Poor Em lipsrsealed Do you think we are moving towards cold hearted morbidness here?
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by plusQueen: 3:09am On Oct 18, 2008
na wa
Unlike the poster,I don't find the stabbing of an innocent woman funny at all
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by eldee(m): 3:12am On Oct 18, 2008
Sisikill:

Oh Come on! The Daily Mail will do that? Don't tell me they'D rather have anothr Princess Di sighting?
Nah . . . thing is, she chose a wrong time to make this deadly mistake
Why did she have to choose now, when Guy and Madonna are trading words before this 50 mil divorce??
Even if Madonna farts now . . . she's getting another front page story grin

Sisikill:

Poor Em lipsrsealed Do you think we are moving towards cold hearted morbidness here?
Come . . . you started it na embarassed embarassed
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by Sisikill: 3:22am On Oct 18, 2008
plus_Queen:

na wa

You sound exactly like my sister. She gave me the "Are you sick" look. Honestly, I'm not laughing at the woman's death, really I'm not. It's the idiot husband who claims he was humilated over a facebook status that is funny. . . I mean Facebook? Aah, I guess it does take a warped mind to you know. . .

eldee:

Nah . . . thing is, she chose a wrong time to make this deadly mistake
Why did she have to choose now, when Guy and Madonna are trading words before this 50 mil divorce??
Even if Madonna farts now . . . she's getting another front page story grin

500 million. . . 500 freaking million and Madonna got to do is blink.

Come . . . you started it na embarassed embarassed

Guess we should stop now. . . ? undecided
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by ayobase(m): 11:03am On Oct 18, 2008
i bo fit shout jo!!!!
JEALOUSY!!!
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 18, 2008
plus_Queen:

na wa
niether do I. I find nothing funny about that
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by cooldud62: 11:42am On Oct 18, 2008
this is so serious!
It's so bad, i mean,
i pity both of them undecided
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by Sisikill: 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2008
Pity him? Why. . . she's the one who is dead over something as stupid as changing her status on facebook.

Facebook. . . FACEBOOK!! Like seriously? It's madness I tells ya!
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by Sisikill: 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2008
rokiatu:

niether do I. I find nothing funny about that

Oy!
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2008
Sisikill:

Oy!
what is funny about a man murdering his wife
over such thing?
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by HRhotness(f): 2:34pm On Oct 18, 2008
some pple take facebook and d internet way too seriously. . . sad
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by Sauron1: 2:51pm On Oct 18, 2008
HR.hotness:

some people take facebook and d internet way too seriously. . . sad

The man was pissed over something silly. . . . .
Now he is facing life imprisonment with no possibility of a parole.
He is a BEAST.
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by funkfaze: 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2008
frankly not sure if i should laugh or be sad at this one . its riduculous is the best I can muster at the moment
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by agaba123(m): 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2008
if he had caught her with another man, he could have demolished her with a kalashinkov.

read that this morning and was like sad

Hope my naija brothers won't learn it as the in thing cos everything that comes from britian is golden It is the civil way of doing things undecided undecided
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by Sauron1: 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2008
agaba123:

if he had caught her with another man, he could have demolished her with a kalashinkov.

read that this morning and was like sad

Hope my naija brothers won't learn it as the in thing because everything that comes from britian is golden It is the civil way of doing things undecided undecided

Naija brovas are not that inclined.
There are many pebbles on the beach for us. . . . . If one goes bad, there are 30 other ones ready to move in!!!
So much for our overpopulation. grin cheesy
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by Tgirl4real(f): 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2008
Ridiculous is an understatement! D man must be a pyscho. What do u expect anyway, he is under the influence . . .
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by funkfaze: 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2008
True why try and rationalize the behaviour of a man that was high . For all those weed heads and coke heads out there this could be you
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by agaba123(m): 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2008
~Sauron~:

Naija brovas are not that inclined.
There are many pebbles on the beach for us. . . . . If one goes bad, there are 30 other ones ready to move in!!!
So much for our overpopulation. grin cheesy
MY brova I hope soo. What I have read from naija brovas here in nl makes me think they believe everything british is golden grin grin
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by lucabrasi(m): 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2008
i dont find it funny at all, its a sad occurence and not about facebook,the dead wife would have brought out similar outrage in the guy by group texting all his friends that she was single,wonder how y all can justify him being a psycho when he was obviously high on cocaine and alcohol, ciminologists on nland
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by Pataki: 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2008
This is a call-out to the women out there. There are far more reasonable and sensible men in town than going for coke head and crack maniacs who treat them like shit. sad sad

WYSIWYG
Re: Man Killed Wife In Facebook Row by CGKing(m): 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2008
@ poster

I dont understand how laughter found its way into this matter.
You projected a sickening and pathetic story and laughed at the end.
Xplain the idea. Is it a hyperbole or simile or which of those concepts?

@ post
No excuse in the world is enough for that murderer. They should allow
the drunkeness to wear away very well then make him suffer before they
send him to go and face God. This is where all those who even harbor the
thought of beating ladies are headed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teenager Killed His Mother In Edo, Had Sex With Her Corpse For Money Ritual / Five Gunmen Robbed A Man In Onitsha, One Killed, One Arrested (graphic Photos) / ESN Leader Dragon Killed Alongside 4 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.