Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus (21995 Views)

Fear Of Embarrassment: Jonathan Cancels California Speech, Feigns Illness - SR / Buhari Summons Emergency FEC Meeting On Monday / PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
Onyiido: You're so on point. I hate his gullible way of handling things, all he does is to ask world bank for 1.8billion naira loan to tackle insurgency.

It balls down to the masses at the end. They suffer it. They continuously keep quite while they die in hundreds with no Penny in their pockets and no jobs. Isn't that about the same amount he willingly gave Muhammed Abacha because he wants him to contest for next year kano governorship election in order to threaten Sanusi. The only thing they think about is money, money and money. The only thing Nigerians do is to act like a sheep yet the claim they are the wisest.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by armadeo(m): 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
Arosa:

If I could help in anyway I would come to naija, yes. grin

I smell sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by Arosa(m): 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
armadeo:

I smell sarcasm

grin
Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by Donbabaj: 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
Oga Jona na now you know abi!This our president is too slow for my liking! cry

I wonder what measures he's trying to take now after the failure to end Bokoharam!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by ElFenomeno1: 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
JECBOSS: God Bless President Jonathan!
@OP, Did the President bath with salt water today?

You are a stark illiterate.

What is warm water going to do? How can salt water kill or prevent a viral infection?!

Fu..cking dunderhead!
Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by Rikidony(m): 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
babyjoker: is the biginning of a hot salt water bath
YEA BABY AWAYU grin
Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by x2lambo(m): 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
Dem go still accuse APC for ebola

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by OlusolaWarrior: 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
iconize: Summons emergency meeting now?

For all I know, our government has completely failed us...

I think President Goodluck Jonathan's reaction to summon an emergency meeting in the wake of this disease should be commended. Already, the nation has other serious issues to contend with. Let us remember that it is just one man that can lead us at a time. Instead of causing distractions with criticisms, we should put heads and hands together to help resolve this issues. The daily killings and terrorism by Boko Haram is enough headache on its own. Trying to get those kidnapped Chibok girls back is another challenge that this nation currently grapples with, and the President's intention in this regard is not just to rescue the girls but to ensure that not even one of them is harmed in the process to getting them back. Let us be patient with our leaders, Nigerians. We have only one country we can truly call home.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by ceeceeco: 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
Mr president, Ebola is not boko haram. U beta act fast, dnt delay like dat of boko haram issue. Ebola kills silently, boko haram kills openly. So the earlier u get rid of dis deadly virus, the beta 4 us.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by feedthenation(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
GEJ is always slow in everything, I can't believe he's just setting up an emergency meeting? Countries like Senegal, Ivory Coast and Guinea Bissau who share border with Guinea quickly close their borders to stop any spread of the virus into their countries. Yet, all our borders are still opened. He's behaving the same way he handled the chibok saga, we hope this health risk epidemic doesn't get out of hand. At least he can't blame APC or any of his 'pacified enemies' to be behind this, by inviting Mr Sawyer into Nigeria.

Check out the links below to see how a responsible government should behave in situations such as the case of the ebola virus:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28558783

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2710416/A-new-emerging-threat-Government-convenes-Cobra-emergency-committee-respond-Ebola-outbreak.html

http://news.sky.com/story/1309883/ebola-precautions-taken-to-keep-uk-safe

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by Arosa(m): 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
The best way the President can wash his hand from this disaster is to fire somebody. Someone should take the blame for this. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
Arosa: The best way the President can wash his hand from this disaster is to fire somebody. Someone should take the blame for this. angry angry angry

From a PR stance, that's the best thing to do. To allow/force someone to take public responsibility. But no one in that administration is bright enough to think of that. They've begun blaming Liberia and Sawyer, outsiders, whose share of responsibility is minimal, so it means nothing at all.

From a practical stance, Nigeria is fond of pointing fingers. Unfortunately, it always ends there. Like whining. Victim mentality.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by Arosa(m): 4:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

From a PR stance, that's the best thing to do. But no one in that administration is bright enough to think if that. They've begun blaming Liberia and Sawyer.

From a practical stance, Nigeria is fond of pointing fingers. Unfortunately, it always ends there. Like whining. Victim mentality.

I agree with you completely.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by jackjohnson(m): 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
LaurelP: Atimes I wonder what the vice president's job is
D president reps d country in all meetings
I think we have d worst VP in d history of dis country
The VP is only waiting for Mr President to die so that HE can take Over
Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
This Ebola issue is bringing out the true nature of our presidency. He can't blame anyone for this, I just hope this thing wont escalate into a big epidemics like in Liberia and Guinea.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by babyjoker(f): 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
Rikidony:
YEA BABY AWAYU grin
am kul nd u
Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by litaninja(m): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
No be today this bros don dey hold emergency meeting. He'll come back to condemn the dastardly act of bringing the virus to Nigeria and he'll assure everyone that everything possible is being done to end the spread.....

Until another bombing, plane crash, kidnapping or whatever...
Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by 9ja4Change(m): 6:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
hushmail: always on top of d situation gej

no b like liberia wey wait 3 months b4 acting

Abeg don't feed us with it "GEJ always on top of the situation" crap.

Where washe when more than 200 girls were kinapped? Dancing azonto in kano?
Also, if he is on top of situation, do u know hundreds of people are killed, kidnapped and rendered homeless every blessed day in the northeast?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by 9ja4Change(m): 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
Still waiting for GEJ and PDP to blame the opposition APC or northerners for the virus.......

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
9ja4Change: Still waiting for GEJ and PDP to blame the opposition APC or northerners for the virus.......

They are already blaming Liberia and Sawyer: painting him as a terrorist and lying that the Liberian government apologized to Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
Idrismusty97: So? undecided

sadist!
Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by Rikidony(m): 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
babyjoker: am kul nd u

OK
Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
Arosa: Did he fire the minister of health, I think the minister is incompetent. undecided
HOW?
Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by mydex93(f): 11:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
iconize: Summons emergency meeting now?

For all I know, our government has completely failed us...
and what av you done to put a stop to ds ebola epidemic mufualways seize d slightest opportunity to haul insults @d govt...what is ur national significance bro?
Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by Arosa(m): 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
mydex93: and what av you done to put a stop to ds ebola epidemic mufualways seize d slightest opportunity to haul insults @d govt...what is ur national significance bro?

Every citizen has the right or responsibility to criticise the government if he/she thinks they are not performing well. You on the other hand do not have the right to criticise a citizen that is carrying out his responsibility. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by sovpounds(m): 12:16am On Aug 11, 2014
gebest: idio t

August 8, 2014 was the Ebola Salt Day, the day messages circulated via social media encouraging the gullible to have a salt bath and drink water with salt as an ebola prevention measure. I decided to play my own prank and I posted my own message that a cure for Ebola has been developed by researchers in Ajegunle, Lagos.

The Mods deleted my post from this thread but I am very grateful to the following nairalanders who quoted my post on the first page of this thread; Kolawaxxy, Super1759 and Dapsoneh. And Customized13, Mickeysho, vicoloni and gebest who quoted my post on the second page of this thread. Your quote left my post and link on the first page and I later discovered that this thread hit the front page of nairaland. I just saw analytics data that showed that there were 1,248 unique visits to http://pi3dtab.co.uk directly from this thread as it hit front page on August 8.

Thank you so much Kolawaxxy, Super1759, Dapsoneh, Customized13, Mickeysho, vicoloni and gebest. Even though most of you insulted me in your posts I still thank you profusely. You really dont know what you have made me to gain by those 1,248 visits.
Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by sovpounds(m): 12:17am On Aug 11, 2014
kolawaxxy: you mad bro? undecided

August 8, 2014 was the Ebola Salt Day, the day messages circulated via social media encouraging the gullible to have a salt bath and drink water with salt as an ebola prevention measure. I decided to play my own prank and I posted my own message that a cure for Ebola has been developed by researchers in Ajegunle, Lagos.

The Mods deleted my post from this thread but I am very grateful to the following nairalanders who quoted my post on the first page of this thread; Kolawaxxy, Super1759 and Dapsoneh. And Customized13, Mickeysho, vicoloni and gebest who quoted my post on the second page of this thread. Your quote left my post and link on the first page and I later discovered that this thread hit the front page of nairaland. I just saw analytics data that showed that there were 1,248 unique visits to http://pi3dtab.co.uk directly from this thread as it hit front page on August 8.

Thank you so much Kolawaxxy, Super1759, Dapsoneh, Customized13, Mickeysho, vicoloni and gebest. Even though most of you insulted me in your posts I still thank you profusely. You really dont know what you have made me to gain by those 1,248 visits.
Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by sovpounds(m): 12:20am On Aug 11, 2014
Super1759: must you joke with everything? whats wrong with Nigerians?

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by sovpounds(m): 12:21am On Aug 11, 2014
dapsoneh: get well soon broh

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by sovpounds(m): 12:22am On Aug 11, 2014
customized13: u dey craze oooooo, grin grin grin grin

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by sovpounds(m): 12:22am On Aug 11, 2014
Mickeysho:

Idiot

Re: Jonathan Cancels Trip to Imo, Summons Emergency Meeting Over Ebola Virus by sovpounds(m): 12:23am On Aug 11, 2014
vicoloni:

Idiotic post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-Rufai: "Bill Gates' Opinion On Buhari’s Economic Policy Not Correct" / I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget / Adeboye Prays For Goodluck Jonathan 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.