Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget (21936 Views)

Senator Jarigbe Agom Walks Out Of Interview Over 2024 Budget Questions / 2023: Ann Agom-Eze Defeats Umahi To Clinch APC Ebonyi South Senatorial Ticket / Agom Adara Dead! Maiwada Galadima Killed By Kidnappers: 24-Hour Curfew In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by fergie001: 1:10pm On Apr 01
Apparently, to avoid suspension from the Senate, the Cross River North Senator, Jarigbe Agom Jarigbe, on Sunday, abandoned a live TV interview midway over the subject of the 2024 Budget in order to, according to him, avoid facing ‘wahala’.

Jarigbe was a remote guest on Arise News Channel’s breakfast show, and one of the anchors had took him to task on the details of the 2024 Budget. Drama, however, ensued when the lawmaker said he did not scrutinise the budget line by line to which the female anchor reacted by saying that it was ‘fascinating’ that the Senator didn’t familiarise himself with the details of the budget, which she had done.

Apparently embarrassed, Senator Jarigbe asked the TV anchor to tell him the details of the budgetary provisions for her senatorial district, to which the anchor replied that she did not have the ‘arithmetic’ but only scrutinised the budget on the basis of Ministry by Ministry.

“I was not elected by the people of Cross River North, you are, it is your duty, I believe, not mine (to scrutinise the budget), but let’s move on…., ” the TV anchor thereafter said.

At that point, Senator Jarigbe quid in saying, “Come oh, what is this budget, budget talk nah? I want to talk about my thanksgiving and representation to my people, you people are doing budget, budget, I will walk away oh. You people want me to say something that I will go and face wahala, you should allow me oh, let me serve my people quietly.”

Thereafter, the connection to Senator Jarigbe was lost.

LEADERSHIP recalls that the drama may not be unconnected with the fate of Bauchi Central Senator, Abdul Ningi, who was suspended by the Senate a few weeks ago over his claims during a radio interview that there were no details and locations for about N3trn projects in the 2024 budget, among others.

SOURCE

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by Malroux: 1:13pm On Apr 01
They are afraid of the dictator in aso rock. A tyrant hiding under the robe of a democrat.

117 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:22pm On Apr 01
Freedom of speech indeed. Zero Democracy... Is it the type of democracy Nigeria and ECOWAS want to restore in Republic of Niger?

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by Umueme: 1:23pm On Apr 01
Lol

Nigeria is such a funny country. We citizens are toothless dogs that allow us to be divided along tribal and racial lines by our leaders. EFCC would rather go against yahoo boys (who I detest also) than go against this rotten criminal politicians. Omo, I tire

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by Olalekanbanky1(m): 1:24pm On Apr 01
lol

Omolomo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by ReubenE(m): 1:24pm On Apr 01
The Nigerian Senate has been reduced to a joke.

A Senator afraid to talk about a budget he participated in passing

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by MaziObinnaokija: 1:24pm On Apr 01
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by crackhouse(m): 1:25pm On Apr 01
If u that's in power is afraid to talk that means we the Nigerians are finished.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by meum: 1:25pm On Apr 01
Fear of being suspended & falling out with the powers that be. Nigeria is in big Utazi + vinegar soup!

Doing the country the greatest disservice by avoiding ’wahala’ while the country continues to collapse. Lovers of Nigeria indeed

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by christejames(m): 1:25pm On Apr 01
The Naija type of democracy should be revisited shocked

6 Likes

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by onez: 1:26pm On Apr 01
For how long will the masses tolerate this nonsense?

14 Likes

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by Gossipninja: 1:26pm On Apr 01
Lovers of Nigeria, also known as Agbadorians, is this Democracy?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by Blaze14k: 1:26pm On Apr 01
Unfortunately agbado miscreants won't get any share. Sometimes I won't if they are robots programmed to carry out a task. Tribalism is too bad!!

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by richard870(m): 1:26pm On Apr 01
Okay
Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by helinues: 1:26pm On Apr 01
grin

Smart man
Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by Almaiga: 1:26pm On Apr 01
Coward Senator. Is he related to Nnamdi Kanu or Simon Ekpa? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by SensualMan: 1:26pm On Apr 01
Lol. The fear of the Uncommon senator grin

We will continue to pass bills to impoverish them and make them worship us when we present 5kg of rice and 1 litre of groundnut oil to them during elections in the S/W

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by nurey(m): 1:27pm On Apr 01
Protecting his daily bread grin

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by Kingosytex(m): 1:27pm On Apr 01
By the time this admin is over, what the past admin stole would be child's play.
Bunch of incompetent looting foolsgrin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:28pm On Apr 01
Jarigbe should tender his evidences
Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by Mandate1: 1:28pm On Apr 01
See the kind of lawmakers we have. How can this set of people checkmate the excesses of the executive?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by KillahPriest: 1:28pm On Apr 01
grin APC has destroyed this country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by Onewazobia(m): 1:29pm On Apr 01
Nigeria! These are the people elected to represent the messes and scrutinised the executive.
No one to hold another accountable

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by Festusse(m): 1:29pm On Apr 01
Omo actually needs to stop. Make wetin e talk enter evidence
Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by udumosam23(m): 1:29pm On Apr 01
Them sha wan set this one up. Him escape am. Coward. 😆

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by Reelmii: 1:30pm On Apr 01
They wan put the man for trouble grin...baba turn on ghost mode for them

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by MVLOX(m): 1:30pm On Apr 01
Make I settle down laff small

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by Ikaeniyan0: 1:30pm On Apr 01
onez:
For how long will the masses tolerate this nonsense?
He's representing the people of cross river north
Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by kennyz247(m): 1:31pm On Apr 01
Fear of the unknown

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by jkpbestseries: 1:31pm On Apr 01
All our leaders are United in stealing
Re: I Don't Want Wahala: Sen Agom Ends Live Interview Over Questions On 2024 Budget by Ofunaofu: 1:32pm On Apr 01
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki: Senate Inaugurates 12-Man Committee / Anambra Infant Correction Centre, Not A Prison / Osinbajo Must Defend Allegations Against Jonathan, Saraki - Timi Frank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.