Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie (39157 Views)

Spain Treats First Case Of Ebola As Nun And Priest Test Positive / Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by freshness2020: 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
...they should arrest the culprits.
So as to deter others from peddling and joking with sensitive issues like this in our dear country. There will always be a scape goat!
Let them pay for it. Only God knows how many lives have been endangered by now.
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by timmy7(m): 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
sirjohnson: Yay, that Nairaland girl is in trouble o
Yes oo, she is! grin and she gave so much away like her school, hostel and one of her cohorts Funke! grin
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Wapzydasilva(m): 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
Kai....xo na evn rumour
Kai....xo na evn rumour
Kai....xo na evn rumour
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by akinlex(m): 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
wey that girl wey confess this morning oya come out

2 Likes

Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by bidexmat(m): 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
They were so careless about this epidemic in the beginning n nw they've realised da magnitude of their mistake. It's gradually gettin out of hand, they are now sweating and struggling to contain it. More grace!! Resident evil was jst a science fiction until now. God save us all!!!
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Whizzdom(m): 6:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
Shey be na dem (The Ministry of Health Matters ) bring up the salt solution of a tin.........

now the real medical doctors (Igbo Boys) have turn it into somethin else.....

Wel na dem sabi.

I wish i was born in sweet days like this ones

Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Babafaros(m): 6:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
What about me who'd already purchased 65 bags of salt already? Wetin ah go do am?
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by ibdeals1(m): 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
ok..
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by jericco1(m): 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
And someone had earlier bought a 10kg bag of salt.. Umm the arrest should be made, cos nigeria is filled with gullible individuals..
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Simplefaithy(m): 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
Super1759: all these herbalists that will not let us rest with drugs that can cure everything....(all in one drug) in buses,road and market with loudspeakers. Come and show your expatriate now. Since USA is doing shakara with their Zmapp.
. U took word out of my mouth. People needs to wise up
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Afrok(m): 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
FG should work on how to contain and put an end to the virus, I know consuming or bathing salt water has it's own effects but trust me most people didn't care coz we were waiting for the govt to act and say something at least to ease the fear and tensions about Ebola apart from the normal signs, symptoms and mode of transmissions but nothing like that, don't be surprised that more stuffs like salt and water will come up and most people will believe it coz we're all desperate to see an end to Ebola.

Govt plz work and forget about salt and water, the end to Ebola is near and we'll all celebrate WORLD EBOLA DAY.
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
sunnywhyt: WHY THREATEN TO ARREST PEOPLE INSTEAD OF ARRESTING THE VIRUS...

why you nor become police to arrest virus?, can't you see the amount of illiteracy going on? i'm just waiting for the next rumor that a human head can prevent one from Ebola, the next thing is police discovery different headless bodies
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Simplefaithy(m): 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
YoungDaNaval: What about me who'd already purchased 65 bags of salt already? Wetin ah go do am?
. Try hard to get shop for market, salt distribution ya niyen.
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
The federal government needs to understand that tis is Naija and that Nigerians will always be Nigerians. Rumours or beliefs of people will surely spread round. I seriouly think getting annoyed won't solve d problem, acting fast will. We need urgent action on dis case before half of d population is wiped off in d country by Ebola.

I pray tis does nt turn out like d case of chibok girls where we r getting no definite result combined wit good news.
Though d news of 'salt solution sounded awkward to me when first heard tis morning,bt we need to get d fact straight about people ,their beliefs, and Nigerians as a whole and actions we take jex to survive. Im sure nobody wants to die nw.
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Hourglass4real: 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
SAMBARRY: Smh
grin you just made my day! That was exactly what hapended! Lol. The early morning calls about salt and hot bath nearly sent me into panic. Naija! Make we take am easily o...nor be only us waka com for this one o. I pray they find a cure fast o before HBP kill person o
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
duni04: Nigeria is a very ridiculous country. The same government that has refused to act since this ebola disease was reported in Nigeria, the same government that doesn't even know the meaning of quarantine or outbreak now wants to start attacking people for taking their own health into their hands and protecting themselves. If the information ministry had sensitised people on measures to prevent ebola infection, this salt and sugar rumour would have been ignored long time ago. People are scared and worried and since there is lack of information on how to protect themselves, they're taking their protection into their own hands. And our st.upid government wants to arrest people for that. Nonsense!

don't you think the rumor will lead to more out break as people will no longer take precautions in doing things? man if you are educated, act like one
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by IYANGBALI: 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
Abeg make govt no spoil my salt bizness o
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by mascot87(m): 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
one @ africanrapper gave this info:

africanrapper (A nairalander not me o angry ): I did a search on the poster's identity and found
out some amusing things/facts:
First of all, I don't know why this poster claims
to have started the Salt Bath rumour. I'm
tempted to believe the guys who say he is
looking for cheap attention.
I discovered from his other account that this
poster is MALE - and not FEMALE (as he wants
us to believe).
His other account also had the emblem or
insignia of his company - GEESAM and his real
names (MUYIWA OLAGOKE) on it.
I checked him out on Facebook and found about
3 people with the same names, but when I
narrowed down my search parameters, it got
me a 'MUYIWA OLAGOKE' who is an indigene of
Osogbo, but lives in Akure, studied at the
Federal University of Technology Akure and
operates a small-scale Business called GeeSam
Renewable Energy Limited.
I just heard that some SSS operatives have
arrested some girls at FUTA who go by name
FUNKE and are currently on a man-hunt for one
Adesewe, who claimed to have started the Salt
Bath rumour.
His phone number
(PhoneNumber: 08064837161; BBM: 28C98F98
; Email: geesamuyiwa@gmail.com ) and other
details are displayed on his Facebook account.
Even downloaded some of his pics (should
anything happen to those girls arrested today
by the SSS operatives).
Personal Message to the OP:
Guy, I don't understand what you are doing, but
I just heard that the SSS has arrested some girls
named Funke this afternoon at Jibowu Hostel of
FUTA. This your madness has got to stop.
#africanrapper
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by phreakabit(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
agitator: We need solution, not threats angry angry angry

Salt Solution. . . . .

But seriously, why and how would any sane educated person believe this salt shit?
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Donkunxex(m): 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
D person dey nairaland abeq
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Johnnoo(m): 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
OmichaelO: I CAN BELIEVE MY MATES (STUDYING BIOLOGY ALSO BELIEVED THE MALARKEY).. Our Education System has Failed....grin grin
Who wan die? grin grin grin
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Hardheolar(m): 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
donnypool:

don't you think the rumor will lead to more out break as people will no longer take precautions in doing things? man if you are educated, act like one
seconded
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Jabioro: 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
Desparate pple wt snowpoke govt.,arrest am dat wan na Shekau or d Ebola virus..leprosy versus ringworms...arrest am o!
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by room089: 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
In as much as I condemned the mischieviousness of the pedellers of these rumours, I think these rumours served a purpose.
They served as as a litmus test on the level of our awareness about this Ebola issue. Indeed it scored a point. By now we will all unianimously agree that the level of awareness about this Ebola issue in the country is very high. These rumours travelled to all the nooks and crannies of this country and beyond.

Though these rumour mongers embarrased the whole country and put us all in a panicky situation, I plead with Nigerians and FG to forgive them.
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by obioraval(m): 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
OmichaelO: I CAN BELIEVE MY MATES (STUDYING BIOLOGY ALSO BELIEVED THE MALARKEY).. Our Education System has Failed....grin grin
My neighbour a Medical Lab Scientist working @ LUTH bathed her kids with warm water and salt. her parents wasted school fees definitely

3 Likes

Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by phreakabit(m): 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
Jabioro: Desparate pple wt snowpoke govt.,arrest am dat wan na Shekau or d Ebola virus..leprosy versus ringworms...arrest am o!

Heesi oh! shocked
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Iceskidd(m): 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
That nairalander that claimed to have started the rumor should be lynched smh
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by iswallker(m): 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
Super1759: all these herbalists that will not let us rest with drugs that can cure everything....(all in one drug) in buses,road and market with loudspeakers. Come and show your expatriate now. Since USA is doing shakara with their Zmapp.

Expatriate indeed...
Re: FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie by Kalvan300: 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
They should be executed.

We have to execute the low intelligence Africans that are dragging the continent backwards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Steps To Avoid Sperm Leakage After Sexual Intercourse / How To Train Your Brain To Stop Worrying ! / Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.