Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,683 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Theology And Teleology - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Theology And Teleology (2726 Views)

T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks / I Want To Know The Best Theology College In Nigeria / RAPTURE: Why The Left-behind Theology Should Be Left Behind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Theology And Teleology by huxley(m): 12:40pm On Oct 18, 2008
What are the differences and/or similarities between Theology and Teleology?
Re: Theology And Teleology by huxley(m): 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2008
There have been a number of charges against critiques of religions that they conflate theology with teleology. These charges have come from the religious themselves.

But what is Theology? And What is Teleology? And in what respects are they similar and /or different? And what does it mean to conflate theology with teleology?
Re: Theology And Teleology by huxley(m): 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2008
any thought?
Re: Theology And Teleology by pilgrim1(f): 10:39am On Nov 14, 2008
@huxley,

I wonder if you expect anyone to reason with you if on the very same subject you had concluded that it is nonsense? If that is the way you have already concluded the subject even before reasoning with others, why yet ask if there is "any thought"? Anyway, hope you're doing okay?
Re: Theology And Teleology by huxley(m): 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2008
pilgrim.1:

@huxley,

I wonder if you expect anyone to reason with you if on the very same subject you had concluded that it is nonsense? If that is the way you have already concluded the subject even before reasoning with others, why yet ask if there is "any thought"? Anyway, hope you're doing okay?

The thing I called nonsense was exegesis (not teleology or theology). By the way, if you disagree it is nonsense, why don't you make a case for that. I am prepared to change my view is your case is reasonable and plausible.
Re: Theology And Teleology by pilgrim1(f): 6:51pm On Nov 14, 2008
huxley:

The thing I called nonsense was exegesis (not teleology or theology). By the way, if you disagree it is nonsense, why don't you make a case for that. I am prepared to change my view is your case is reasonable and plausible.

If something does not make any sense to you, what reason are you asking for yet?

(1) (Reply)

Wisdom Is Profitable To Direct / GREAT ERROR In Deeper Life Bible Church / Ifá Religion: What Is Ifá?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.