Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run (62532 Views)

Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back / The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse / Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Aromas: 4:22am On Aug 09, 2014
MissyDivah: Lol no I didn't am not dumb I know that can never prevent or cure Ebola nah tongue am sure u did

absolutely no!!! simply bcuz our body is full of salt why should I?? When I alrdy knw d implication of tuuuuuuuuuuuuuu much salt
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Sarimah(f): 4:24am On Aug 09, 2014
This isnt funny anymore..do they knw d consequences of their action?

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 4:25am On Aug 09, 2014
Anyone with such a contagious disease as ebola and decides to run is wicked and deserves no mercy

5 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by expert1000: 4:26am On Aug 09, 2014
They can run but they cnt hide.Ebola itself wil xpose dem.

5 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by jafsumar07: 4:28am On Aug 09, 2014
Blame it on the government! Till date, there is no proper awareness campaign in place to educate people on this deadly disease. Our government were aware about the outbreak of the virus in other west africa countries but failed to put any viable measure to prevent it from coming our way because nothing works fine in this country, no proper medical facilities to curtail its spread, no strict adherence to laid down rules on the part of the government and even its citizens. The two americans infected by this virus are still alive today because they were prepared for it. Imagine even our health workers aren't adequately protected yet they are expected to come out and do their job.

6 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 09, 2014
ifekemmy: Ki oju ma ri ibi, gbogbo ara ni ogun e, if na me too i go run

They are probably already infected, and on their way to infect others.

3 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by PresidentAde(m): 4:39am On Aug 09, 2014
Modified
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 4:45am On Aug 09, 2014
PresidentAde:

^ You are so so STUPID !!!
why can't you just raise your view to the thread,than behaving like a lunatic you are,oh sorry,I never knew you are the husband to the dead nurse. Ode.

15 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 4:56am On Aug 09, 2014
They are running because everyone with sense knows that african government are killing people with suspected ebola. Majority ilof the dead didn't die if ebola, it is the government that is killing them.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by 19naia(m): 4:59am On Aug 09, 2014
Everybody knows it has no cure and the disease cannot be treated.. They will just be isolated until they die and being in Nigeria, its normal to fear for your life when people come looking for you because they fear you spread death on contact..
Also Nigerians don't like to face bad news, they say a prayer and tell themselves only what they want to believe even when the bitter truth is sitting on their face.. So they may also be running from the diagnosis for fear it will be bad news.. In Guinea, there are villages running from health care workers and forbidding the health workers from entering their village because they believe the health workers brought the disease from the very beginning..
If they run for over a week with no symptoms, then they are justified because nigerian quarantine authorities would do something stupid like quarantine all ebola suspects in the same facility to share same toilet and bath and everything.. That will keep the outside society safer, but it will allow the one suspect who was the only one with Ebola, to infect the rest of the non infected suspects in quarantine.. after this, the officials in charge of quarantine can just tell the world that the ebola suspects were all infected and congratulate themselves for saving the public.. Never underestimate the incompetence or simple unwillingness of Nigerian authorities to not blunder even the best of intentions and as a result, cost innocent people their lives..
If they have the well being and strength to run, then thats a good sign of good health, they best protect themselves from the mental illness of the delusional do-gooder authorities trying to save them or society as a whole...

28 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by theplanmaker: 5:02am On Aug 09, 2014
why on earth should they run a warrant of arrest should be placed on them
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by jericco1(m): 5:08am On Aug 09, 2014
Maybe they have the virus and intends to spread it.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by repogirl(f): 5:12am On Aug 09, 2014
Leopantro: ‘National Hospital has no quarantine centre’

AUGUST 9, 2014 BY SUNDAY ABORISADE AND ADE ADESOMOJU, ABUJA

The Federal Government has yet to create a quarantine centre for the treatment of persons suspected to have been infected with the deadly Ebola virus disease.

Spokesperson for the National Hospital, Abuja, Dr. Tayo Haastrup, who stated this in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents, however, said that the Federal Ministry of Health had established centres in collaboration with some private health facilities in the nation’s capital city.
which private health facilities? Can we have names so people know where to go to?

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by InvertedHammer: 5:19am On Aug 09, 2014
/
Oya...where all those people that said that Nigeria is the best place to live?

Small small..God go dey open Nigeria nyash.

U think say Ebola sabi which one be blind patriotism? Even all the healing ministries and prayer warriors are on the run too. LOL.

Places wey get government don take preemptive actions while una own still dey more interested in Osun state.

Boko Haram exposed your security...Ebola don expose your healthcare....Aviation don tey when Sosoliso/Bellview,etc. exposed them.

Who knows the next exposure? Like I always say, Nigerians can only learn the hardway.

Foreign countries donate money for academic researches, una collect and use am buy fancy cars...

and turn around and call them mugu/maga. The citizens clap at your "ingenuity".

Now the chicken has come home to roost. Why you dey beg oyibo for medications?

Who is fooling who? Black people sef!!!

\

23 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 09, 2014
gidjah: WHERE DEM come dey run to na?them want to increase our trouble abi?pls send trained police dogs after them,they must come back and get quarrantined plshelp us to help your self
y not de clear dem wanted, put their pix here is dat if we see them. We can run frm them. Am sure d devil is using them to infest more ppl?
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by VantagePoint: 5:35am On Aug 09, 2014
Run to where?
For what?
Ignorance is truly a disease and common sense ain't common.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by chlowi(f): 5:36am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking: They are running because everyone with sense knows that african government are killing people with suspected ebola. Majority ilof the dead didn't die if ebola, it is the government that is killing them.

Chai, where u hear this one?

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Missy89(f): 5:37am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking: They are running because everyone with sense knows that african government are killing people with suspected ebola. Majority ilof the dead didn't die if ebola, it is the government that is killing them.

shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 09, 2014
They most likely fled to one of the miracle centers on Lagos Ibadan express way for prayers and miracles.

And I am sure they would hold hands with others to pray at one of those camp.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 5:42am On Aug 09, 2014

Run...and spread it even further
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 5:42am On Aug 09, 2014
Kalvan500: What are they running from?!

Ehnn!!!

Ngwake, why ban me till 2041?!
hehehehehehehehehehe.........keep being a tribal bigot maybe u'll get a life time ban this time. I know u will insult me but I'm immune to insults. CIAO
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Missy89(f): 5:43am On Aug 09, 2014
So the Americans were transported to their country and are now in full recovery while dead bodies keep piling up on the streets of Liberia and suspected patients are on the run in Nigeria. ignorant citizens are consuming too much salt and running to churches. mediocre comedians are making meaningless jokes while evil entrepreneurs are making fake products. Africa is really a basket case cry cry

Begging for drugs like beggars. while doctors are on their heels (incredible!!!)

In few months you will see some fuvktards talking about one imaginary Africans that built empires and started civilizations

15 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Osama10(m): 5:46am On Aug 09, 2014
InvertedHammer: /
Oya...where all those people that said that Nigeria is the best place to live?
Small small..God go dey open Nigeria nyash.
U think say Ebola sabi which one be blind patriotism? Even all the healing ministries and prayer warriors are on the run too. LOL.
Places wey get government don take preemptive actions while una own still dey more interested in Osun state.
Boko Haram exposed your security...Ebola don expose your healthcare....Aviation don tey when Sosoliso/Bellview,etc. exposed them.
Who knows the next exposure? Like I always say, Nigerians can only learn the hardway.
Foreign countries donate money for academic researches, una collect and use am buy fancy cars...
and turn around and call them mugu/maga. The citizens clap at your "ingenuity".
Now the chicken has come home to roost. Why you dey beg oyibo for medications?
Who is fooling who? Black people sef!!!

\

Exactly.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Vincenzi: 5:47am On Aug 09, 2014
@ Ashantiking,please say what you know. Is the doctor dead yet?

@ Topic,i got some iformation yesterday that the children were taken to FMC Owerri but the doctors all ran away. Some stakeholders should pls confirm if it is true. I heard this from a doctor working at FMC Owerri. God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by InvertedHammer: 5:50am On Aug 09, 2014
Vincenzi: @ Ashantiking,please say what you know. Is the doctor dead yet?

@ Topic,i got some iformation yesterday that the children were taken to FMC Owerri but the doctors all ran away. Some stakeholders should pls confirm if it is true. I heard this from a doctor working at FMC Owerri. God help us.

/
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Almighty consultants don see the one dem no fit CONSULT.

They think say Ebola na JOHESU?
grin grin grin

\

7 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by chlowi(f): 5:50am On Aug 09, 2014
But on a more serious note I weep for africa, especially nigeria, given the first case of ebola In d 70s one can only expect that Africans /nigeria (giant of africa) ought to have been prepared for a time like this ...they rather embezzle and buy wrist watches of 20million naira, lavish on material things instead of investing in relevant areas like science, technology, hhealth, good standard of living, security, food, etc

Shamelessly, they run to the whites for every little scare, the same whites who made u a slave in the first place one would think that blacks would work hard too erase the Term (monkeys) as tagged by the whites!!! America simply, like the case of the ant, got prepared for rainy days, and Nigerian leaders (airheads) asking for the experimental serum! I do not blame the US for the refusal, it's high time Nigeria put her money and time to where that is relevant

These people on the run, they run because they are scared (ofcourse a foolish move ) I hope they are found in time, and even at that, hope d inevitable damage made as a result of this can be remedied...

I fear for this Ebola outbreak in Africa, am afraid, we might not be able to contain this decease, even d health leaders seem clueless.

6 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by otswag(m): 5:54am On Aug 09, 2014
it is people with this mentality of yours that has caused this outbreak to develop to this unprecedented level. Who is the "everybody" that knows govt has been killing people infected with Ebola? Have you witnessed any killing yourself? Do you even realize that even you, your family and friends are more at risk if you don't stop spreading all these false conspiracy theories on social media.. This is the first time there's an outbreak in west Africa; this is d first time an outbreak is affecting capital cities and this is the worst outbreak ever. This details enough should give you the impression that our African mentality is what's worsening this situation. If it were in any other civilized nation, we probably won't hear more than about 3 cases cos people take public health measures alot more seriously there and people have the sense not to spread conspiracy theories that would worsen the situation as you are doing now. Ebola is not a smart virus. public health measures like hand washing , hygiene and reporting suspected cases to the key bodies does a whole lot in curtailing the spread. This is the info u shld be spreading to the populace, not allegations that would put everybody's lives at risk.

5 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 09, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/

grin grin grin

\
grin grin grin
I thought they were always shouting that they owned the patients....dem see Ebola patients, dey run pass usein bolt
grin grin grin

I am sure the pharmaceutical company/companies that have discovered a cure would want maximize their profit. They are probably done with the testing and trying to determine what price to fix for their hard work. And of course, the more people are infected, the merrier for those sadist.

This Ebola case has just proved to us that without the pharmacist, the doctor is nothing(useless as a piece of wood).

11 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Vincenzi: 5:59am On Aug 09, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/

grin grin grin

\
Lol. Who no like him life? grin
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 6:00am On Aug 09, 2014
Vincenzi: @ Ashantiking,please say what you know. Is the doctor dead yet?

Don't u find it strange that as soon as they tell us that someone has ebola the next thing that comes after is the person is dead.

The Americans contacted the disease before this nurse before they were flown to America.

There was a doctor in Liberia that alledgly died of ebola yet he lived with the family members wile he was sick and it was the family members that took him to the hospital but non of the family members got infected. Within two weeks they got a report that the doctor died of ebola yet up till now the family members are still living with no virus.

Out of the 1000 that has been infected with the disease 200 have survived but now everytime we hear that some has it, the thing that comes after is death. So how come we hear of death, how about survivors?
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 6:04am On Aug 09, 2014
otswag: it is people with this mentality of yours that has caused this outbreak to develop to this unprecedented level. Who is the "everybody" that knows govt has been killing people infected with Ebola? Have you witnessed any killing yourself? Do you even realize that even you, your family and friends are more at risk if you don't stop spreading all these false conspiracy theories on social media.. This is the first time there's an outbreak in west Africa; this is d first time an outbreak is affecting capital cities and this is the worst outbreak ever. This details enough should give you the impression that our African mentality is what's worsening this situation. If it were in any other civilized nation, we probably won't hear more than about 3 cases cos people take public health measures alot more seriously there and people have the sense not to spread conspiracy theories that would worsen the situation as you are doing now. Ebola is not a smart virus. public health measures like hand washing , hygiene and reporting suspected cases to the key bodies does a whole lot in curtailing the spread. This is the info u shld be spreading to the populace, not allegations that would put everybody's lives at risk.

I haven't witness it but before the ebola became hot topic people were surviving it even it was 2 out of 10 cases but now we are yet to hear of any one surviving it. And how come people are dying so fast from it now.

They are killing ebola victims....... First of all doctors are even scared to treat the sick.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg / Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / Pain During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.