Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run (62531 Views)

Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back / The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse / Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ameenahz(f): 6:09am On Aug 09, 2014
ifekemmy: Ki oju ma ri ibi, gbogbo ara ni ogun e, if na me too i go run

Please, be informed. Running will not help. It will only increase the chances of the disease spreading even more and you can never know who's next. If people keep running, we'll end up having multiple cases and more deaths on our hands.

Quarantine will take a maximum of 3-4 weeks and i'm sure whoever is quarantined will be well taken care of. If the person ends up being positive, early and aggressive treatment will increase chances of survival.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ameenahz(f): 6:11am On Aug 09, 2014
tellwisdom: Why them no go run. Make una come kill them as una kill their sister sad

oga, no one killed their relative. Ebola did. And if they have it already, they'll end up dying miserably and infecting many, many others. If they are in qurantine, they can be well taken care of and they may even survive.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by born2boink(m): 6:11am On Aug 09, 2014
odeku457:

RUN... BUT SINCERELY TO WHERE??

THE FAMILIES OF THE NURSE HAVE A BETTER CHANCE IF THEY STILL STAY FOR OBSERVATION.
THEY ARE RISKING OTHER INNOCENT NIGERIANS LIVES BY ABSCONDING!!
you still dey speak Oyinbo for where Ebola dey rule, make dem run enter your backyard, you go speak Japanese by force. Absconding ko? Abukandi ni
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Vincenzi: 6:11am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

Don't u find it strange that as soon as they tell us that someone has ebola the next thing that comes after is the person is dead.

The Americans contacted the disease before this nurse before they were flown to America.

There was a doctor in Liberia that alledgly died of ebola yet he lived with the family members wile he was sick and it was the family members that took him to the hospital but non of the family members got infected. Within two weeks they got a report that the doctor died of ebola yet up till now the family members are still living with no virus.

Out of the 1000 that has been infected with the disease 200 have survived but now everytime we hear that some has it, the thing that comes after is death. So how come we hear of death, how about survivors?
I repeat,say what you know. If u are ignorant of facts,just keep quiet rather than assume!
I have first hand info that the nurse only made people aware of her situation when it had gone really bad. The case of Patrick Sawyer,he kept denying every contact with ebola. His sister died three weeks before. He was already coughing blood when he came to Nigeria,which means the disease had progressed fast.
With people having this kind of poor mentality,i really doubt the quick control of this situation.
The female medical doctor is stable because she was smart enough o alert the medical officials on time.
Early detection is the best.
I am sure you had your bath with salt water yesterday?

8 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Kalvan500: 6:13am On Aug 09, 2014
ovadoze:
hehehehehehehehehehe.........keep being a tribal bigot maybe u'll get a life time ban this time. I know u will insult me but I'm immune to insults. CIAO

Foolish, smelly, cannibalistic Igbo.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Tundeiab(m): 6:16am On Aug 09, 2014
padeolu: and we go hunt you down with jazz, cutlass and guns. O da nkan kan mo
The same way you have hunted down Boko Haram with jazz, cutlass and guns abi?

#SMH
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ameenahz(f): 6:16am On Aug 09, 2014
19naia: Everybody knows it has no cure and the disease cannot be treated.. They will just be isolated until they die and being in Nigeria, its normal to fear for your life when people come looking for you because they fear you spread death on contact..
Also Nigerians don't like to face bad news, they say a prayer and tell themselves only what they want to believe even when the bitter truth is sitting on their face.. So they may also be running from the diagnosis for fear it will be bad news.. In Guinea, there are villages running from health care workers and forbidding the health workers from entering their village because they believe the health workers brought the disease from the very beginning..
If they run for over a week with no symptoms, then they are justified because nigerian quarantine authorities would do something stupid like quarantine all ebola suspects in the same facility to share same toilet and bath and everything.. That will keep the outside society safer, but it will allow the one suspect who was the only one with Ebola, to infect the rest of the non infected suspects in quarantine.. after this, the officials in charge of quarantine can just tell the world that the ebola suspects were all infected and congratulate themselves for saving the public.. Never underestimate the incompetence or simple unwillingness of Nigerian authorities to not blunder even the best of intentions and as a result, cost innocent people their lives..
If they have the well being and strength to run, then thats a good sign of good health, they best protect themselves from the mental illness of the delusional do-gooder authorities trying to save them or society as a whole...

We are always quick to condemn Nigeria's health care system. It is not that bad. There is a laid down guideline for isolation put together by WHO for level 4 Infections like Ebola and hospitals that are going to be admitting patients with this infection are going to be following them strictly. Even if all the materials are not available, there are good materials to improvise with.

If you know anyone who is likely to be infected please call 0800-EBOLA-HELP. It's toll free.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 6:17am On Aug 09, 2014
Vincenzi:
I repeat,say what you know. If u are ignorant of facts,just keep quiet rather than assume!
I have first hand info that the nurse only made people aware of her situation when it had gone really bad. The case of Patrick Sawyer,he kept denying every contact with ebola. His sister died three weeks before. He was already coughing blood when he came to Nigeria,which means the disease had progressed fast.
With people having this kind of poor mentality,i really doubt the quick control of this situation.
The female medical doctor is stable because she was smart enough o alert the medical officials on time.
Early detection is the best.
I am sure you had your bath with salt water yesterday?

Why should I take salt water bath? Let's see if we will hear of any survivor of the alleged ebola victims.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by otswag(m): 6:17am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

I haven't witness it but before the ebola became hot topic people were surviving it even it was 2 out of 10 cases but now we are yet to hear of any one surviving it. And how come people are dying so fast from it now.

They are killing ebola victims....... First of all doctors are scared to treat the sick.
if you understand what Ebola hemorrhagic fever really is and how it progresses, u won't be making this comment of yours. Ist, we've had only abt 3deaths in naija and about 8infected victims presently. Did you read any news that the 8 other infected people are now dead? 2ndly, it is a known fact that 90% of infected people die from it. Early presentation in a health facility helps reduce that percentage to about 60%. 3rdly, the disease progression has always been very fast from when IST symptoms develop to death in d unfortunate many so d fact that ppl die quickly is not news. Do your research well and pls stop spreading these false rumor on social ntwks. Its not gonna do anybody any good

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by padeolu: 6:17am On Aug 09, 2014
Tundeiab:
The same way you have hunted down Boko Haram with jazz, cutlass and guns abi?

#SMH
in dz case, na gel dey involved. Eni a le da mu, la n ledi mo smiley
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by InvertedHammer: 6:18am On Aug 09, 2014
saxywale:
grin grin grin
I thought they were always shouting that they owned the patients....dem see Ebola patients, dey run pass usein bolt
grin grin grin

I am sure the pharmaceutical company/companies that have discovered a cure would want maximize their profit. They are probably done with the testing and trying to determine what price to fix for their hard work. And of course, the more people are infected, the merrier for those sadist.

This Ebola case has just proved to us that without the pharmacist, the doctor is nothing(useless as a piece of wood).
/
Because they are called Pharmaceutical companies does not mean that they are operated by Pharmacists. A lot of

doctors are involved in R & D in Pharma. coys. Pharmacists are nothing but errand boys and girls to big Pharma. Pharmacists jobs

revolve around dispensing medications and being gatekeepers for right dosages. Nothing more, nothing less. So don't get it twisted.

Just to let you know.

\

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Vincenzi: 6:21am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

Why should I take salt water bath? Let's see if we will hear of any survivor of the alleged ebola victims.
Ewwwww! Such a sadist. So you assume that all cases will end in death? I'm sure the female doctor will survive it,and others who present themselves early. Keep your pessimistic views to yourself bro. I don't need such presently.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 6:22am On Aug 09, 2014
otswag: if you understand what Ebola hemorrhagic fever really is and how it progresses, u won't be making this comment of yours. Ist, we've had only abt 3deaths in naija and about 8infected victims presently. Did you read any news that the 8 other infected people are now dead? 2ndly, it is a known fact that 90% of infected people die from it. Early presentation in a health facility helps reduce that percentage to about 60%. 3rdly, the disease progression has always been very fast from when IST symptoms develop to death in d unfortunate many so d fact that ppl die quickly is not news. Do your research well and pls stop spreading these false rumor on social ntwks. Its not gonna do anybody any good

That's why I said african government are killing Ebola victims, I didn't mention any country because I was talking about countries that has had ebola for months now. Nigeria just got ebola two weeks ago.

Let's see if any of the 8 survives ebola?
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by VantagePoint: 6:23am On Aug 09, 2014
19naia: Everybody knows it has no cure and the disease cannot be treated.. They will just be isolated until they die and being in Nigeria, its normal to fear for your life when people come looking for you because they fear you spread death on contact..
Also Nigerians don't like to face bad news, they say a prayer and tell themselves only what they want to believe even when the bitter truth is sitting on their face.. So they may also be running from the diagnosis for fear it will be bad news.. In Guinea, there are villages running from health care workers and forbidding the health workers from entering their village because they believe the health workers brought the disease from the very beginning..
If they run for over a week with no symptoms, then they are justified because nigerian quarantine authorities would do something stupid like quarantine all ebola suspects in the same facility to share same toilet and bath and everything.. That will keep the outside society safer, but it will allow the one suspect who was the only one with Ebola, to infect the rest of the non infected suspects in quarantine.. after this, the officials in charge of quarantine can just tell the world that the ebola suspects were all infected and congratulate themselves for saving the public.. Never underestimate the incompetence or simple unwillingness of Nigerian authorities to not blunder even the best of intentions and as a result, cost innocent people their lives..
If they have the well being and strength to run, then thats a good sign of good health, they best protect themselves from the mental illness of the delusional do-gooder authorities trying to save them or society as a whole...
Oh, so you have worked with the government in a setting like this before?
Ebola is of PUBLIC HEALTH concern; it is imperative that the spread is limited by isolation of exposed people.
That poo you typed about government infecting non-exposed individuals quarantined in the same place is at best.., poo.
It is better for them to be isolated for the incubation period, tested for the virus and get early treatment (which may be life-saving) or released if they're found to be free of the disease. This is preferable to taking the risk of them having the virus and mingling with unsuspecting people.

3 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 6:25am On Aug 09, 2014
Vincenzi:
Ewwwww! Such a sadist. So you assume that all cases will end in death? I'm sure the female doctor will survive it,and others who present themselves early. Keep your pessimistic views to yourself bro. I don't need such presently.

Since african media are non existent we will not hear of it and no one is brave enough to question it. I am hoping african governments show humanity like Americans who put their citizens first. Don't put it past african government. If u ask friends from Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea. Ask them what's going on over there.

I am yet to hear of any survivor since ebola became hot topic. Before it became hot topic we had about 200 survivors out of 1000 but we are yet to hear of any survivor.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by signz: 6:27am On Aug 09, 2014
donnypool: put their damn picture to the public, and in the next two days they will probably be found dead or alive, but i know nigerians they will surely be found burnt

1000000likes
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by DJDOLA(m): 6:33am On Aug 09, 2014
End time things
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by otswag(m): 6:33am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

That's why I said african government are killing Ebola victims, I didn't mention any country because I was talking about countries that has had ebola for months now. Nigeria just got ebola two weeks ago.

Let's see of any of the 8 survives ebola?
Well, even if they do not survive it, its not a conspiracy because the prognosis has always been poor and chance of survival slim. We all pray they do but d truth is its most likely that more of the already infected cases will still give in to the disease. Its not being pessimistic. Its just d statistical fact. God help us all. And for your info, the number of deaths in these other African countries u mentioned are a whole lot less than d number of cases presently. Google it yourself.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Originalsly: 6:35am On Aug 09, 2014
theplanmaker: why on earth should they run a warrant of arrest should be placed on them
Arrested for what? They were placed in quarantine...did they ever test positive for ebola?....so why should they and how long should they remain in quarantine?....until they contract it from someone else ? Now we jumped to the conclusion that they are all positive and every effort should be made to capture them.....dead or alive. Are we not on the roadt o Aluu 4 again?

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 6:36am On Aug 09, 2014
otswag: Well, even if they do not survive it, its not a conspiracy because the prognosis has always been poor and chance of survival slim. We all pray they do but d truth is its most likely that more of the already infected cases will still give in to the disease. Its not being pessimistic. Its just d statistical fact. God help us all. And for your info, the number of deaths in these other African countries u mentioned are a whole lot less than d number of cases presently. Google it yourself.

Yes I agree that prognosis is poor, let's hope the government is doing all they can do help the victims. I hope what I am saying is wrong but something tells me that I am probably right. African government don't value our lives.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by roxell120(m): 6:39am On Aug 09, 2014
the way the patients are handled can make a potential victim run faster than usain bolt. If u listen to news both in print and visual u ll know y those dudes fled without looking back. No hope of recovering is the first killer.do d hospitals treat the victims or kill them to reduced the spread of d disease? Big question.go in and come out dead few days later. So scary!
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by 1stola: 6:41am On Aug 09, 2014
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by ameenahz(f): 6:42am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

I haven't witness it but before the ebola became hot topic people were surviving it even it was 2 out of 10 cases but now we are yet to hear of any one surviving it. And how come people are dying so fast from it now.

They are killing ebola victims....... First of all doctors are even scared to treat the sick.

My friend, please be informed. Don't fall victim to false information. People have even survived this outbreak better than the ones in the 70s and 80s. Out of 1700 or so cases, there has been 768 known survivors. The Case Fatality rate is dropping. And i'm sure it will drop even lower if we equip ourself with more information and stop spinning conspiracy theories. No one is killing anyone with the disease. It spreads very easily and is fatal.

-A person can contract this infection by coming in contact with all body fluids (or materials contaminated with them) of infected people.

- You are not likely to get it from an infected person if he or she has not started showing signs of infection.

-Signs and symptoms include prolonged fever that does not resolve with use of antimalaria drugs or antibiotics, vomiting, diarrhoea, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, chest pain, shortness of breath, red eyes, suspicious bleeding from abnormal sites.

-Early and aggressive treatment increases the chances of survival.

- Early quarantine is the best way of controlling its spread as it spreads by contact.

-Do not go near the corpse of anyone that died of an unexplained illness, especially bleeding. The government is better equipped to take care of such.

-If you have anyone around you with 4 or more of the listed symptoms, call 0800-EBOLA-HELP. It's toll free.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 09, 2014
Then we will shortly become like Liberia. Africans behaving like niggers. This is the exact way it spread in Liberia and guinea. With a crowded place like Lagos, none of us is safe.
A curse on Patrick Sawyer, a so called educated man who should have known better. Now everyone of us is at risk.who knows where the irresponsible family have run to, probably some mog or roadside quack

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Arsenate(m): 6:43am On Aug 09, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/
Because they are called Pharmaceutical companies does not mean that they are operated by Pharmacists. A lot of
doctors are involved in R & D in Pharma. coys. Pharmacists are nothing but errand boys and girls to big Pharma. Pharmacists jobs
revolve around dispensing medications and being gatekeepers for right dosages. Nothing more, nothing less. So don't get it twisted.
Just to let you know.

\
typical Nigerian. we are in the middle of a crisis but all He's thinking about is bringing up arguments that will massage his silly ego and at the same time discredit others. fyi, drug discovery is multidisciplinary. just another very "educated" Nigerian with kpali and nothing to offer the public except giving out fake info.

5 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by theplanmaker: 6:44am On Aug 09, 2014
Originalsly: Arrested for what? They were placed in quarantine...did they ever test positivef or ebola?....so why should they and how long should they remain in quarantine?....until they contract it from someone else in quarantine? NNow we jumped to the conclusion that they are all positive ande very effort should be made to capture them.....dead or alive.

Quarantine doesn't mean cramming all of them into a room to see who goes down first. they are kept seperately and closely monitored. if after 21days (which is the longest incubation period) they show no sign of the disease, they are free to go.
where ever they are right now, everyone around them is at risk . imagine how many people they could infect. if people keep running and hiding, this thing will be difficult to contain.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by bokoarerams: 6:44am On Aug 09, 2014
gidjah: WHERE DEM come dey run to na?them want to increase our trouble abi?pls send trained police dogs after them,they must come back and get quarrantined plshelp us to help your self
na Yoruba people, dem too dey fear
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 6:46am On Aug 09, 2014
ameenahz:

My friend, please be informed. Don't fall victim to false information. People have even survived this outbreak better than the ones in the 70s and 80s. Out of 1700 or so cases, there has been 768 known survivors. The Case Fatality rate is dropping. And i'm sure it will drop even lower if we equip ourself with more information and stop spinning conspiracy theories. No one is killing anyone with the disease. It spreads very easily and is fatal.

-A person can contract this infection by coming in contact with all body fluids (or materials contaminated with them) of infected people.

- You are not likely to get it from an infected person if he or she has not started showing signs of infection.

-Signs and symptoms include prolonged fever that does not resolve with use of antimalaria drugs or antibiotics, vomiting, diarrhoea, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, chest pain, shortness of breath, red eyes, suspicious bleeding from abnormal sites.

-Early and aggressive treatment increases the chances of survival.

- Early quarantine is the best way of controlling its spread as it spreads by contact.

-Do not go near the corpse of anyone that died of an unexplained illness, especially bleeding. The government is better equipped to take care of such.

-If you have anyone around you with 4 or more of the listed symptoms, call 0800-EBOLA-HELP. It's toll free.

Where did you get this info from. This is the worst outbreak and 700 people haven't survived it is more like 200 people. Even at that government should be doing more.

There is no ebola in America but they are already working on vaccines and cures. I am yet to hear of any African country that is working on a cure. Must we depend on Americans for everything.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Slam15(m): 6:47am On Aug 09, 2014
Some people are worst than being wicked.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 09, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/

Just to let you know.

\
I never disputed the fact that doctors are not involved in R & D. There is a reason why they are called pharmaceutical companies. Most have more pharmacist in their payroll than any other discipline.
Most Nigerian pharmacist i know here in Canada and while i was in the UK are working in advanced research laboratories after their Msc and phd's in pharmaceutics, drug design and other advance pharmacy degrees. its only in Nigeria that pharmacy is all about rep. and dispensing. Most Nigerian doctors I know go for masters in public health. Just to let you know.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Opiosko: 6:50am On Aug 09, 2014
Yomieluv: Illiteracy is truly a disease,it kills faster than Ebola itself .why are they running? Is it not for their own benefit that they should turn themselves in..imagine,the family of a supposed nurse,who ought to know the benefit of turning themselves in for proper treatment..Education in Nigeria is truly a scam,most people are educated,not enlightened.
Abeg what has illiteracy got to do with this? tongue
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by edo3(m): 6:50am On Aug 09, 2014
What happened 2 d sayin { for beta for worse}?? Dt means all d marital vows na wash...na wa oo..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg / Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / Pain During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.