Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run (62534 Views)

Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back / The Challenges Of Being A Nigerian Nurse / Nigerian Nurse's Licence Withdrawn In Uk For Calling On Jesus For Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Tundeiab(m): 6:52am On Aug 09, 2014
padeolu: in dz case, na gel dey involved. Eni a le da mu, la n ledi mo smiley
Lol

So, oole da Bako Haram mu?
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by EbuGeneral(m): 6:52am On Aug 09, 2014
pDude: Y'all better run. Y'all ain't gon catch my a$$ cheesy

lol, FOREST GUMP can even run faster than EBOLA
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Slam15(m): 6:54am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

Where did you get this info from. This is the worst outbreak and 700 people haven't survived it is more like 200 people. Even at that government should be doing more.

There is no ebola in America but they are already working on vaccines and cures. I am yet to hear of any African country that is working on a cure. Must we depend on Americans for everything.
You know better that our FG are always on a research for outsmarting and opressing citiziens. Talking about Nigerian flaws would only make you feel what an ebola victim is feeling!!!
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by roxell120(m): 6:55am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

Where did you get this info from. This is the worst outbreak and 700 people haven't survived it is more like 200 people. Even at that government should be doing more.

There is no ebola in America but they are already working on vaccines and cures. I am yet to hear of any African country that is working on a cure. Must we depend on Americans for everything.
u come forget say na only america know everything nah. U no sabi book abeg grin
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by repogirl(f): 6:56am On Aug 09, 2014
@Ashantiking, I get your point, its the lack of proper care that will most likely kill victims that may have survived. That's why some people would choose to run instead of going into quarantine, thereby signing their death certificate.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by EbuGeneral(m): 6:56am On Aug 09, 2014
The should be declared wanted, there pictures released. They are enemies to the public just like Patrick Sawyer and BH
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by VantagePoint: 6:56am On Aug 09, 2014
Originalsly: Arrested for what? They were placed in quarantine...did they ever test positive for ebola?....so why should they and how long should they remain in quarantine?....until they contract it from someone else ? Now we jumped to the conclusion that they are all positive and every effort should be made to capture them.....dead or alive. Are we not on the roadt o Aluu 4 again?
No we are not.
Ebola is a deadly, contagious disease that is spread UNKNOWINGLY, and it is only common sense that people who are thought to have been exposed should be isolated for some time to prevent them from unwittingly infecting other people.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Just20(f): 6:56am On Aug 09, 2014
Why don't I believe this completely? Come to think of it, it wasn't on the day she died that she was diagnosed. She has been quarantined for some time before her death. Meanwhile they said 139 people are kept under close watch, One can easily assume that her family since they are the ones most hit will be the first on that list.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:00am On Aug 09, 2014
roxell120: u come forget say na only america know everything nah. U no sabi book abeg grin

Not just America most of all the industrialized countries are working on their own cures and vaccine. Spain just flew one of her citizen with ebola back to Spain, so he can be treated.

We are yet to hear of any african country that is working on cure, they should have been prepared long ago.

They are still moving like snails with people lives in jeopardy.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by floranbee1(f): 7:01am On Aug 09, 2014
O pari o!!!God have mercy.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Edusouls(m): 7:02am On Aug 09, 2014
Hw they kill im sista? U have mental problem, u should be quicky found and put to phsychiatrist hospital..
tellwisdom: Why them no go run. Make una come kill them as una kill their sister sad
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:03am On Aug 09, 2014
repogirl: @Ashantiking, I get your point, its the lack of proper care that will most likely kill victims that may have survived. That's why some people would choose to run instead of going into quarantine, thereby signing their death certificate.

True, incompetence is more deadlier than the disease. They should have put measures to prevent this then sawyer wouldn't had infected so many people.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by akatekpe(m): 7:05am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

Why should I take salt water bath? Let's see if we will hear of any survivor of the alleged ebola victims.
what's ur problem? Why can't u be optimistic for once..abi u de enjoy d death tin? sad
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by omajali2003(m): 7:07am On Aug 09, 2014
Yomieluv: Illiteracy is truly a disease,it kills faster than Ebola itself .why are they running? Is it not for their own benefit that they should turn themselves in..imagine,the family of a supposed nurse,who ought to know the benefit of turning themselves in for proper treatment..Education in Nigeria is truly a scam,most people are educated,not enlightened.

In a nation where stigmatization is the order of the day, it's not so easy to just turn yourself in like that.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:07am On Aug 09, 2014
akatekpe: what's ur problem? Why can't u be optimistic for once..abi u de enjoy d death tin? sad

Not at all bro but we all know Africa governments. They are capable of this crime and since we don't have media that will hold them accountable we must do it ourselves.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by obiscolly(m): 7:08am On Aug 09, 2014
Why are Nigerians so selfish? So they rather spread it around than stay under quarantine? angry Their pictures should be published online already, let's see how far they can get

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 09, 2014
Ki oju ma ri ibi, gbogbo ara ni ogun e, if na me too i go run

And,where would you run to?
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 7:10am On Aug 09, 2014
12inches1:

Very irresponsible statement. Do you know that in Liberia with early treatment over 60 percent of people survive the virus? This drops to the 90th percentile when the treatment is late. This reason contributed to the nurses death. So I heard. Now she put not only herself at greater risk but also the lives of her husband and children. Assuming she turned herself for treatment and didn't run, she will probably still be alive now. This is the message we should be spreading. Ebola is not a death sentence with early treatment. People survive it and thereafter becoming forever immune to it. I think her husband and children names and pictures should be released as WANTED with strict consequences for harbouring them.
You will remain blessed.

A message of hope will prevent scenarios like this.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:11am On Aug 09, 2014
obiscolly: Why are Nigerians so selfish? So they rather spread it around than stay under quarantine? angry Their pictures should be published online already, let's see how far they can get

Even if you see them will you be brave to catch them. People will only run away from them should they see them. No one will be brave enough to apprehend them.

1 Like

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by nodullin(m): 7:13am On Aug 09, 2014
Put their pix out there in the public and place a bounty on their head! Trust us... We'll find them.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 7:15am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking: They are running because everyone with sense knows that african government are killing people with suspected ebola. Majority ilof the dead didn't die if ebola, it is the government that is killing them.
You are an ignorant dolt!!!
The Nigerian doctor that was diagnosed first is still alive.

Why would spread such lies!

These are the myths that destroy our health sector.

These are the kind of myths that has made people turn down vaccination and made polio still not eradicated.

You should be traced and arrested for spreading such.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:17am On Aug 09, 2014
eaglechild:
You are an ignorant dolt!!!
The Nigerian doctor that was diagnosed first is still alive.

Why would spread such lies!

These are the myths that destroy our health sector.

These are the kind of myths that has
made people turn down vaccination and made polio still not eradicated.

You should be traced and arrested for spreading such.

First of all I am not talking about Nigeria. Why should I be arrested for speaking my mind.

According to the news he is dead.

https://www.nairaland.com/1845228/nigerian-female-doctor-dies-ebola
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by stechi(m): 7:18am On Aug 09, 2014
EbuGeneral: The should be declared wanted, there pictures released. They are enemies to the public just like Patrick Sawyer and BH
nodullin: Put their pix out there in the public and place a bounty on their head! Trust us... We'll find them.

you guys just read my mind, moreso, if the dead nurse was in contact with her family before she was tested positive.
This thing we are joking about is a very serious issue o.

Yesterday I was discussing on the rate at which public buses are being boarded and what if an ordinary man on the street contacts this virus,......hmmm,one should wonder what would happen.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by passendi: 7:18am On Aug 09, 2014
They want to spread the disease. Let their be published so that people can avoid them.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking: They are running because everyone with sense knows that african government are killing people with suspected ebola. Majority ilof the dead didn't die if ebola, it is the government that is killing them.
a 10000000 likes..coming from a gaynian;and my buddie;am impressed
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 7:22am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

First of all I am not talking about Nigeria. Why should I be arrested for speaking my mind.

Is Nigeria not in Africa?
Besides it is false irrespective.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 7:25am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

You are misinformed, just like the thousands that read that thread.

That is why I keep pleading with mods to edit wrong headings.

It is the nurse that died the doctor is still very much alive.

You seem to be artful in misinforming the public.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Olusanya333(m): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2014
Ebola will soon be in all the 9 continents of the world,in every countries of the continent,in every states of the countries. Ebola is mean't to kill a tenth of mankind.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:25am On Aug 09, 2014
tsolz84: a 10000000 likes..coming from a gaynian;and my buddie;am impressed

Please let's not turn this into another Ghana vs Nigeria e war. This is a serious case that is affecting our brothers and sisters back in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by subsurface: 7:26am On Aug 09, 2014
but why were all the first sets of people that have contacts with mr sawyers allowed to go home?

wen dem say nigeria doesnt have a functional government whether state or national dey will say u re against pdp ; apc etc

2 Likes

Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by Ashantiking: 7:28am On Aug 09, 2014
eaglechild:
You are misinformed, just like the thousands that read that thread.

That is why I keep pleading with mods to edit wrong headings.

It is the nurse that died the doctor is still very much alive.

You seem to be artful in misinforming the public.

Okay if it is the wrong info, inform them to put the right one up.

Regardless Whether it was a nurse or a doctor. A person died of the deadly disease or are you trying to say a doctor's life is more valuable than a nurse's.
Re: Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run by eaglechild: 7:32am On Aug 09, 2014
Ashantiking:

Okay if it is the wrong info, inform them to put the right up.

Regardless Whether it was a nurse or a doctor. A person died of the deadly disease or are you trying to say a doctor's life is more valuable than a nurse's.
Please shut it you are shifting grounds.

I simply told you to stop wrongly accusing the government of deliberately "killing" Ebola patients.

Spreading such unfounded rumours will lead to people refusing treatment.

This is what happened with the salt therapy and now it has already killed more Nigerians than Ebola.

Your moniker shows you are not even Nigerian so why come here and spread your stupid superstitions.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Breaking: Ebola Goes Out Of Control As 21 Quarantined In Enugu - Fg / Man Coughs Out His Lungs In California / Pain During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.