Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

The Church And The Children's Ministry. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church And The Children's Ministry. (1313 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / Incredible Harmony: A Church And A Mosque In One Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Church And The Children's Ministry. by okotv(m): 10:11am On Aug 09, 2014
As a christian, i have become more disturbed with the way the childrens ministry is been handled by many churches today. Instead of raising moral and upright 'Josephs and Daniels' of our time, the children ministry has become a 'biscuit and sweet' sharing centre with no regard to basic and upright biblical standards and conviction.
We might not all agree on this point but i dare say that this has led to the rot in the youth ministry of most churches. The bible say train up a CHILD in the way he should go and when he his old he would not depart from it. Prov 22:6.
Child training entails a lot but without a scriptural background i must say its all fallacy cause Hell is real for everyone including children that are of the age of accountability.
After stumbling upon a statistics chart a long time ago of churches in some countries, nigeria has the highest number of churches within her geographical location in africa. However i have decided to highlight just one church i know that is faring very well in this regard. DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH. The children ministry in the church spans a minimum period of ten years starting from around the age of three to thirteen years. The children are been taught about the bible, its daily application following the church's laid down principles and bible doctrines.
A chat with one or more children in the church will make you believe that the child really knows about the bible.
The church is not however left alone in this. Share your own experience in any church you have been oppurtuned so as to shed more light on this very important issue of the children ministry in a modern church cause THIS CHILDREN ARE THE FUTURE OF TOMORROW.
Thank you.
Re: The Church And The Children's Ministry. by tpia1: 8:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
is the church supposed to substitute for the parents?

few hours one day a week cant do that.
Re: The Church And The Children's Ministry. by tpia1: 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
for example, explain how, if the parents teach their kids to believe in something like this:

https://www.nairaland.com/1851705/free-yoursel-spiritual-bondage-tumisile

where exactly will the church come in and at what level?
Re: The Church And The Children's Ministry. by okotv(m): 9:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
its the duty of the parents to chose what church the child attends that the parents agree with their doctrines
Re: The Church And The Children's Ministry. by tpia1: 9:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
okotv: its the duty of the parents to chose what church the child attends that the parents agree with their doctrines

true, however sometimes it doesnt work like that.

people have various reasons for being in a particular church, some of which dont necessarily have anything to do with rapport with church doctrine.
Re: The Church And The Children's Ministry. by okotv(m): 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
then its up to them cause their kids will pay the price for such parental negligence
Re: The Church And The Children's Ministry. by tpia1: 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
well, like i pointed out previously, people have different survival strategies which they feel worked for them.

my point on this particular thread is unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labour in vain.

the foundation of a kid's bible doctrine is supposed to be mostly the responsibility of the parents, if they are church goers.

if they are not, then the church takes up that role.

of course i could be wrong, anyone with a better or more informed view, should state it here.
Re: The Church And The Children's Ministry. by okotv(m): 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
nice articulated points.
here is my point though. Many parents have failed in that regard and instead of the church to offer help in that regard it is failing.
If you are a christian please enlighten me how the children and youth ministry in your church is faring compared to your days putting the end products (children) in this case into perspective
Re: The Church And The Children's Ministry. by tpia1: 12:15am On Aug 11, 2014
okotv:
here is my point though. Many parents have failed in that regard and instead of the church to offer help in that regard it is failing

what exactly is the church expected to do, and how is the church expected to replace the parents?

lets assume the general parents we are talking about, are churchgoers, fully responsible adults in every respect. Like i asked, how will a few hours one day of the week, presume to replace the instruction and training kids receive at home?

If you are a christian please enlighten me how the children and youth ministry in your church is faring compared to your days putting the end products (children) in this case into perspective

unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labour in vain.
Re: The Church And The Children's Ministry. by okotv(m): 6:56am On Aug 11, 2014
tpia1:

what exactly is the church expected to do, and how is the church expected to replace the parents?

lets assume the general parents we are talking about, are churchgoers, fully responsible adults in every respect. Like i asked, how will a few hours one day of the week, presume to replace the instruction and training kids receive at home?

unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labour in vain.

What then is the role of the church in a child's training..and not all parents who are church goers have what it takes to train up their child spiritually and that is why we have the children's ministry not withstanding parents have a very sacrilegious role in the spiritual upbringing of their kids
Re: The Church And The Children's Ministry. by tpia1: 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
well, i've explained my view previously.

(1) (Reply)

1500 Years Old Bible Claims Jesus Was Never Crucified / Family Values In Islam / Bible Shows That Angels Have p.enis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.