Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace - Foreign Affairs (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace (59592 Views)

In Cameroon, Two Boys Killed By Boko Haram Suicide Bombers (Graphic Pic) / Russian Nuclear Submarine To Test Launch Bulava ICBM Within Two Days: Source / Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 1:29am On Aug 12, 2014
SirShymex:

I know what you mean about seminars. And more time, a lot of these folks with fancy degrees are arguably the most ignorant folks you'll ever meet, and they're also very arrogantly stupid. That's why most times I don't talk outside the internet where everything isn't anonymous. I just watch people and observe. Silence is always golden.

Egbagirl a decent girl. Just tell her I recommended you. grin I've not spoken to her of late, but that's my e-friend for life. And hopefully, I'll meet the both of you one day, somewhere in the Arizona desert or Ibadan. grin

What field are you into? I can help you set up a little online medium you can run for yourself by uploading vital information there for people to access. You know a lot, and there are many enquiring minds on the web, who need information.

i simplified the answer to your question in an email. smiley.

so whats with the change of photos? how many female pictures do you have on your computer?
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 1:39am On Aug 12, 2014
Missy89:

Well if you made a business decision that will cost you more money just because you don't want to buy from someone else, that is Emotion.

US, EU meddle into the affairs of most countries as well . isn't that Hypocrisy? and what do you mean they were annexed and conquered by ancient leaders? Was the US not annexed by ancient leaders? so was Germany, Italy, Greece, China, Iran, Turkey.. i can keep going.
Imperial scumbag nations like France, Britain(thieves even stole a national dish grin) Portugal, all lost their Empires but still keep those areas as their sphere of influence. so how come Russia can't do the same? have you hard about the "France afrique" policies of France in the late 60s?
are you really objective or you are just trolling?

I don't even know how to reply to the bolded.
They should sell them to Europe before even talking about West Africa? REALLY?

But like i said earlier. show me prove of a Nigeria /Qatar plan and tell me exactly how it would be cost effective or this isnt worth it. you are just wasting my time with half truths and propaganda

How is that the case in our argument? Isn't Putin the one threatening to cut his gas as usual? Please, you are begging the question. You expect European to fold their arms on the face of Russia's Putin bullying and trying to annex other sovereign nation like Third Reich. I thought you have been able to see the idea of this very debate. You are losing it, lady.

Not in this present generation the civilized west is taking land from any nation or people. What Putin is doing is clearly a thing of a puffy ideologist looking for ways to intimidate smaller nations. No nation is going to take him serious again. Perhaps, some rogue states would, like Iran and North Korea. Lying and using excuses while pretending to be telling his people he's fighting for their interest is worse than hypocrisy. What the old KGB leader has done in the issue concerning the crisis in Ukraine is appalling to say the least. Russia cannot be a supper power with the bullying nature. The world is watching!

I just gave you an idea of the makeup of the then Soviet Union and present day Russia Putin is trying all in his power to annex. Oh, please. You should try to understand my views in that regard as I am trying my best to comprehend yours. The west is still by far understandable in the approach in finding common ground to problems. I don't buy into forcefulness in any form at all.

Nigeria and Qatar can do it based on the resources they both have on ground. The former has the infrastructure that it is supplying more than half the world liquefied gas. That is enormous and commendable. Nigeria is doing it best to build good gas projects which can handle large supply tankers. They just need the confidence of European buyers to start off. It could be on credit(if they find the price costly) and they can pay back at their convenient time while helping to developed Nigerian infrastructure directly. I would agree the government gives this product in exchange for technological know-how and physical development.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 1:41am On Aug 12, 2014
Missy89:
i simplified the answer to your question in an email. smiley.

so whats with the change of photos? how many female pictures do you have on your computer?

Lmao...I saw the mail. Now, I see why you're ahead of the curve. I might get you to help me out from time to time with my online stuffs. I've got a Media and IT company that I run part-time. It's still in infancy, but hopefully before the end of this year, I should be able to push it higher.

Lmao @ the pictures. I don't save pictures...heck, I've got a lot of female friends who look like the chics I post on my profile(s). I just do it for fun, I don't have time for women and saving pictures. grin
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 12, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao...I saw the mail. Now, I see why you're ahead of the curve. I might get you to help me out from time to time with my online stuffs. I've got a Media and IT company that I run part-time. It's still in infancy, but hopefully before the end of this year, I should be able to push it higher.

Lmao @ the pictures. I don't save pictures...heck, I've got a lot of female friends who look like the chics I post on my profile(s). I just do it for fun, I don't have time for women and saving pictures. grin
The master of women affairs is denying is duty! Wow! Funny enough she knows you better than you think.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 1:54am On Aug 12, 2014
all4naija:
How is that the case in our argument? Isn't Putin the one threatening to cut his gas as usual? Please, you are begging the question. You expect European to fold their arms on the face of Russia's Putin bullying and trying to annex other sovereign nation like Third Reich. I thought you have been able to see the idea of this very debate. You are losing it, lady.

Not in this present generation the civilized west is taking land from any nation or people. What Putin is doing is clearly a thing of a puffy ideologist looking for ways to intimidate smaller nations. No nation is going to take him serious again. Perhaps, some rogue states would, like Iran and North Korea. Lying and using excuses while pretending to be telling his people he's fighting for their interest is worse than hypocrisy. What the old KGB leader has done in the issue concerning the crisis in Ukraine is appalling to say the least. Russia cannot be a supper power with the bullying nature. The world is watching!

I just gave you an idea of the makeup of the then Soviet Union and present day Russia Putin is trying all in his power to annex. Oh, please. You should try to understand my views in that regard as I am trying my best to comprehend yours. The west is still by far understandable in the approach in finding common ground to problems. I don't buy into forcefulness in any form at all.

Nigeria and Qatar can do it based on the resources they both have on ground. The former has the infrastructure that it is supplying more than half the world liquefied gas. That is enormous and commendable. Nigeria is doing it best to build good gas projects which can handle large supply tankers. They just need the confidence of European buyers to start off. It could be on credit(if they find the price costly) and they can pay back at their convenient time while helping to developed Nigerian infrastructure directly. I would agree the government gives this product in exchange for technological know-how and physical development.

my response.

where is the prove that it would be cheaper?

where is the prove that they have a Qatar/Nigeria gas deal as part of the plan to diversify from Russia?

NATO bullied Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Serbia (Kosovo was stolen and recognized) so there is precedent

EU uses sanctions as a tool to get its foreign policy thru because they control the financial markets so why should any country with leverage not do the same? again another precedent

What is wrong in having an Ex intelligence officer as president? is something wrong with being in the KGB? or why is that important ?

Name one country Russia has invaded preemptively since the fall of the Soviet Union.

Where is the prove Russia wants to reform the soviet union? retaining an area as your sphere of influence is different from trying to reform an empire. I gave you precedent from the former colonial power.

you are showing too much emotions on this issue. not if you want be to believe you are really interested in having a good debate. give me constructive answers to all my questions

Your answers would determine the way i respond going forward smiley

2 Likes

Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 2:12am On Aug 12, 2014
SirShymex:

do you write your own codes ?.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 2:38am On Aug 12, 2014
Missy89:

my response.

where is the prove that it would be cheaper?

where is the prove that they have a Qatar/Nigeria gas deal as part of the plan to diversify from Russia?

NATO bullied Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Serbia (Kosovo was stolen and recognized) so there is precedent

EU uses sanctions as a tool to get its foreign policy thru because they control the financial markets so why should any country with leverage not do the same? again another precedent

What is wrong in having an Ex intelligence officer as president? is something wrong with being in the KGB? or why is that important ?

Name one country Russia has invaded preemptively since the fall of the Soviet Union.

Where is the prove Russia wants to reform the soviet union? retaining an area as your sphere of influence is different from trying to reform an empire. I gave you precedent from the former colonial power.

you are showing too much emotions on this issue. not if you want be to believe you are really interested in having a good debate. give me constructive answers to all my questions

Your answers would determine the way i respond going forward smiley

Did you really post this just to make point of your argument? I am dumbfounded indeed.

I have expressed my views on why Qatar and Nigeria can be a viable option if Europe is serious for alternative source for gas. They are there in my previous posts for you to reread, lady.

NATO bullied Iraq is a false statement. They were there to keep the peace. In fact the sectarian violence was so rampant it takes the help of the organization to get it to a manageable level. You said that to support your view for Putin's old ideology. It does not justify what Russia is doing to Ukraine today.

In the case of using old ideology of telling lies and brainwashing the people by been re-elected endlessly through his crooked ways is not fair(that is not sentiment if you think it is. It is stating what makes life organized). There should be room for Russians to air their views as in a free society. They are probably fed up of being told what to do in protesting for their rights, when to ask for changes, and freedom of expression. Many media reporters and other journalists have been killed and incarcerated by his government. Such old leader is not useful to this modern dispensation.

Not really the old Soviet Union because that can never be possible. But it is grabbing lands from neighboring countries and forcing his policy on the people. He is trying to create a block which is equivalent to the old Soviet. We know about such plan in the past which he involved the former Soviet block (a kind of Soviet economic block ).

I am not showing emotion. If you think being assertive is emotion you are wrong again. You seem to be reading different meanings to my posts. It is not helping matters.

Thank you.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 3:10am On Aug 12, 2014
all4naija:
Did you really post this just to make point of your argument? I am dumbfounded indeed.

I have expressed my views on why Qatar and Nigeria can be a viable option if Europe is serious for alternative source for gas. They are there in my previous posts for you to reread, lady.

NATO bullied Iraq is a false statement. They were there to keep the peace. In fact the sectarian violence was so rampant it takes the help of the organization to get it to a manageable level. You said that to support your view for Putin's old ideology. It does not justify what Russia is doing to Ukraine today.

In the case of using old ideology of telling lies and brainwashing the people by been re-elected endlessly through his crooked ways is not fair(that is not sentiment if you think it is. It is stating what makes life organized). There should be room for Russians to air their views as in a free society. They are probably fed up of being told what to do in protesting for their rights, when to ask for changes, and freedom of expression. Many media reporters and other journalists have been killed and incarcerated by his government. Such old leader is not useful to this modern dispensation.

Not really the old Soviet Union because that can never be possible. But it is grabbing lands from neighboring countries and forcing his policy on the people. He is trying to create a block which is equivalent to the old Soviet. We know about such plan in the past which he involved the former Soviet block (a kind of Soviet economic block ).

I am not showing emotion. If you think being assertive is emotion you are wrong again. You seem to be reading different meanings to my posts. It is not helping matters.

Thank you.

ok so didn't answer any of my questions. why is that?

There are 2-3 lies in your statements but i have a feeling that when i point them out again you would just twist it like you have been doing.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 3:17am On Aug 12, 2014
Missy89:

ok so didn't answer any of my questions. why is that?

There are 2-3 lies in your statements but i have a feeling that when i point them out again you would just twist it like you have been doing.

I think your questions are answered in a more humane ways. My previous post is very succinct in getting you the right information directly eliciting your demands.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 3:34am On Aug 12, 2014
all4naija: I think your questions are answered in a more humane ways. My previous post is very succinct in getting you the right information directly eliciting your demands.

You didn't show me prove or direct analysis thou to show that the commodity would be competitive in Europe thou

where are the numbers?

Or that idea just came out of your head?

lets us crunch the numbers
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 3:40am On Aug 12, 2014
Missy89:

You didn't show me prove or direct analysis thou to show that the commodity would be competitive in Europe thou

where are the numbers?

Or that idea just came out of your head?

lets us crunch the numbers
Oh, no! What number do you want when Qatar has more gas reserve than Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan combined? There is no need for the numbers as they don't really matter. As for the price, it can always be settled as the deal begins.

My analogy makes sense because it is in accordance with the real world phenomenon.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 4:18am On Aug 12, 2014
all4naija: Oh, no! What number do you want when Qatar has more gas reserve than Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan combined? There is no need for the numbers as they don't really matter. As for the price, it can always be settled as the deal begins.

My analogy makes sense because it is in accordance with the real world phenomenon.

Jeeezzzz!!

Size of the commodity doesn't matter. exploring it is the issue.
Russia has tons of gas and oil but most of it are hard to explore and the technology has to keep improving.

The harder it is ,the more expensive or un-competitive those oil and gas fields become. u just don't take a peep at the volume of proven reserves and immediately say it is worth it. is that a joke?

The reason why America's gas will be more expensive than Russia's is the same thing. you have to calculate the cost of exploring , transporting etc (overheads) before u even start drilling for anything. this is simple economics men!

commodity markets have nearly fixed prices so u cant go too far above or below the market price

If i use 100 dollars to make a product, should i sell it to you at any price ? or should it be above or equal to $100.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 4:23am On Aug 12, 2014
shymexx:

Interesting...you're a very fascinating character.

How come you're into all these stuffs and not the reality TV shows most chics are into? grin

Is there a youtube video for it? I can't be ar.sed to read tonight.

didnt see this earlier
Why would anyone want to see how someone else live their lives?
here is the movie adaptation of the book (many stuffs were added thou)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c16q7OKnHI4
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 5:46am On Aug 12, 2014
Missy89:

Jeeezzzz!!

Size of the commodity doesn't matter. exploring it is the issue.
Russia has tons of gas and oil but most of it are hard to explore and the technology has to keep improving.

The harder it is ,the more expensive or un-competitive those oil and gas fields become. u just don't take a peep at the volume of proven reserves and immediately say it is worth it. is that a joke?

The reason why America's gas will be more expensive than Russia's is the same thing. you have to calculate the cost of exploring , transporting etc (overheads) before u even start drilling for anything. this is simple economics men!

commodity markets have nearly fixed prices so u cant go too far above or below the market price

If i use 100 dollars to make a product, should i sell it to you at any price ? or should it be above or equal to $100.

You keep begging the question. I would say at this point you have not been reading my posts with open mind. One of the countries is already supplying more than half of the global demand for liquefied gas.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 12, 2014
Missy89:

do you write your own codes ?.

These days, I don't really do too much coding because I use wordpress and I buy templates most times.

All I do is just a lot of CSS coding, and upgrading the javascript and PHP codes.

It's easier, cheaper, and faster that way.

1 Like

Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by sangresan(m): 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
all4naija:
Putin has be returning to power intermittently like a dictator would. As if Russia is his father's property to command with old ideology.

Seriously, you are wrong in your view. The 80% approval rating is for Crimea and Ukraine related. That means it is for those two particular cases not is government in Russia. He silent those who would really disapprove of his government. So, the approval rating you are so much pointing to is noting but a false facade to outsiders to believe is very much loved by almost all of his people. Those 80% agree with him because of his propaganda and lies.

Putin is highly to blame for the problem in Ukraine. He played his KGB trick to get the former female leader, Yulian Shevchenko, off the country's leadership position to be jailed while scheming a process to have his crony in power who has to tilt the economy to Moscow control and less of Europe. That resulted in the protest which left few Ukrainians dead and deposed of the Putin's right hand man, President Viktor Yanukovych, who refused to sign agreement with European Union as accepted by the Ukrainian people. To make Russian interest work Putin has to use the Eastern Ukrainians who are pro-Russians to ferment troubles. Firstly, starting with Crimea using military occupation initially and following by the referendum. Secondly, he is supplying weapons to the Donetsk separatist group(the rebels who downed the Malaysia airline M17) to fight the Ukrainian government. As I type this message Russia is still supplying heavy artillery to the rebels. He is highly to blame for the problems in Ukraine for meddling in the affairs of a sovereign state.

It is not about Naval base. The fact that you are formulating an idea support by rumor carried by rumor mongers proves you have no good grasped of the whole issue. Nobody disputed the Naval base in Crimea with Russia until the plan by Putin to control Ukraine and hold them back from signing agreement with European Union on economic trade. The war in Syria is not about Russian base but about Al Assad who refuses to leave power and make some reformations. It is unfortunate that it affects Russian base in Syria and you don't have to blame it on USA. Why can't Putin's Russia cooperate with the free world?

This is where you are always wrong. Whether it will benefit Nigeria or not is not the issue here but peace for the world and cooperating to move humanity forward is for the good of all. You seem to see things from a single perspective and that is not good of the present generation of youths we belong to.
...Are you educated at all?You wrote rubbish and crap here...

1 Like

Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 16, 2014
sangresan: ...Are you educated at all?You wrote rubbish and crap here...
No, I am not! Why don't you tell me what is uneducated in what I wrote? You aren't making sense though! Indeed, you are a barbarian. From the look of things, I think you are suffering from a dirty environment disease. You i d i o t!
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by sangresan(m): 11:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
all4naija: No, I am not! Why don't you tell me what is uneducated in what I wrote? You aren't making sense though! Indeed, you are a barbarian. From the look of things, I think you are suffering from a dirty environment disease. You i d i o t!
Chit-chatting you is to demean myself....Your ignorance stinks!!!
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 18, 2014
sangresan: Chit-chatting you is to demean myself....Your ignorance stinks!!!
Huh! I should be the one telling you that. You filthy person!
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by sangresan(m): 10:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
all4naija: Huh! I should be the one telling you that. You filthy person!
MumuOwerri...
.www.dogedeluna.com.....
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Sagamite(m): 10:38am On Sep 06, 2014
50calibre:

Well I don't know where you've been checking, because the US economy isn't twice that of china, That of California isn't bigger than Russia, maybe you need to verify your sources.

The US military is the only thing which experienced significant growth in the last decade and at the moment, is being downsized. The American government prefers to spend their money on Arms and WOMDs than put food on the table of average Americans.

America still sits on top, that's not in question, the problem is.. It's fast losing that spot.

I can't remember when last I used a Russian product and at the same time, I can remember when last I used an American product. Most of the American products I have, weren't made in America.

Allow me to demonstrate the decline of your dear country in 3 simple charts

You are a cretinous person!

Those 3 charts are your examples of decline of America?

You are a moronic person!
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by 50calibre(m): 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sagamite:

Those 3 charts are your examples of decline of America?

You are a moronic person!

What do you know about economics or foreign politics? You couldn't understand a simple term, how the hell are you going to understand a chart? That's like rocket science for you.

Looool dude enough already stop stalking me like a fa*ggot, this thread is stale else I could have schooled you like my puppy which you are.

1 Like

Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Sagamite(m): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
50calibre:

What do you know about economics or foreign politics? You couldn't understand a simple term, how the hell are you going to understand a chart? That's like rocket science for you.

Looool dude enough already stop stalking me like a fa*ggot, this thread is stale else I could have schooled you like my puppy which you are.

That junk was your proof that the USA is in decline?

Explain.

Or run from your God as usual! grin
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by EMANY01(m): 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
PrinxArthur1: have heard about iskander missiles,Russian ICBM capable of destroying 2 size of New york city in 24 hrs, Russia has 15,000 vs US 6500. tanks,Russian fleet of about 30 nuclear submarines,Russia is only country in that its submarines has Nuclear ICBM capabilities,Have u heard of Russian blinder radar (AESA VHF RADAR) ,if it is fitted onboard fighter jet and flown over a war ship/Aircraft carriers it blinds all systems automatically making the ship to sink

If you had any sense,you would have just stopped at bragging about the islander missiles.Not that they are a decisive weapon there being just about 150 or so of them (think US Anti Ballistic Missile Defense system that the US is perfecting), no you had to throw in the AESA radar systems that the US developed and is still miles ahead of every other entrant in the field.
By the way if you are going to brag get your tech knowledge right.
Its a weekend,I really do not feel like educating anyone specially you on Electronic Countermeasures (ECM).

Ship don't just sink because of radio waves,you put holes in them.

If you had any strategic depth whatsoever you would ask yourself if it was possible that the US would invest in the concept of Anti Ballistic Missile Defense for over thirty years and not have tangible results.I am not talking about convectional surface to air missiles(SAM)s ,although the ABM defense system is fundamentally built upon SAM systems.
The US has the doctrine of trying to save as many cities , not just military bases and facilities as they can in a nuclear exchange showing that their people matter.The Russians on the other hand,just try to use weapons of a bygone age for pissing contests yes they have some undeniably good SAMs but those were designed to bring down aircrafts flying a current maximum of 4,520 miles per hour (7,274 km/h) for hypersonic speeds.Ballistic missiles roll in at between 12000 to 15000 miles per hour.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by 50calibre(m): 10:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sagamite:

That junk was your proof that the USA is in decline?

Explain.

Or run from your God as usual! grin

I might as well be explaining it to a brick.

Those charts are from the huffington post, go there and read it.

Dude leave me alone, you're boring me. Come to threads when they are still alive & active, so the public can witness your execution.

1 Like

Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by EMANY01(m): 10:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
Arosam:

By the time millions of Death body starts piling up, maybe then you will care

There would be no dead bodies,and no need to bury anyone for two reasons:
a) even the buriers would be dead or dying
b) there would be no dead bodies as everyone would have been turned to ash
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by PrinxArthur1(m): 11:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
EMANY01:

If you had any sense,you would have just stopped at bragging about the islander missiles.Not that they are a decisive weapon there being just about 150 or so of them (think US Anti Ballistic Missile Defense system that the US is perfecting), no you had to throw in the AESA radar systems that the US developed and is still miles ahead of every other entrant in the field.
Its a weekend,I really do not feel like educating anyone specially you on Electronic Countermeasures (ECM).

If you had any strategic depth whatsoever you would ask yourself if it was possible that the US would invest in the concept of Anti Ballistic Missile Defense for over thirty years and not have tangible results.I am not talking about convectional surface to air missiles(SAM)s ,although the ABM defense system is fundamentally built upon SAM systems.
The US has the doctrine of trying to save as many cities , not just military bases and facilities as they can in a nuclear exchange showing that their people matter.The Russians on the other hand,just try to use weapons of a bygone age for pissing contests yes they have some undeniably good SAMs but those were designed to bring down aircrafts flying a current maximum of 4,520 miles per hour (7,274 km/h) for hypersonic speeds.Ballistic missiles roll in at between 12000 to 15000 miles per hour.
remember russia has 2.5trillion economy and she is challenging US that is with $15trillion with $40trillion debt.
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by PrinxArthur1(m): 11:49pm On Sep 06, 2014
EMANY01:

have u heard about PAK-FA that's an answer to B-2 spirit,what of varsharvyanka that's answer to Zumwalt destroyer,2014 S-500 answer to 3 decade old patriot missile,T-90 vs Ahbrams tanks,Russian 6000 Nuclear war head vs american 4000,bros 21st century war is not measured by number of casualties but who first raised the white flag dude,may be u re obsessed by ur american dreamz

1 Like

Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 1:09am On Sep 09, 2014
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 1:15am On Sep 09, 2014
PrinxArthur1: have u heard about PAK-FA that's an answer to B-2 spirit,what of varsharvyanka that's answer to Zumwalt destroyer,2014 S-500 answer to 3 decade old patriot missile,T-90 vs Ahbrams tanks,Russian 6000 Nuclear war head vs american 4000,bros 21st century war is not measured by number of casualties but who first raised the white flag dude,may be u re obsessed by ur american dreamz

There are counter measures against the S400 thou minimal since they are mobile (Miniature Air Launched Decoy (MALD)) I still don't think the US air-force would be able to penetrate Russia's airspace because they have a decent air-force and air defense
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by Missy89(f): 1:18am On Sep 09, 2014
Re: Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace by castrogee(m): 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
Missy89:

There are counter measures against the S400 thou minimal since they are mobile (Miniature Air Launched Decoy (MALD)) I still don't think the US air-force would be able to penetrate Russia's airspace because they have a decent air-force and air defense

Good point! But I don't ever think USA will want to engage Russia in a nuclear conflict. For me it doesn't make any sense, MAD is very much an indisputable fact. Have you noticed Putin's body language lately, he seems unperturbed by everything west and he looks ready to tackle the west in every direction. Mehn that guy is a complete badass, I understand that he is make an encroachment into Estonia and is changing the Russia's military doctrine to a pre-emptive strike approach against the USA.

The whole drama is getting bloody scary.. I sincerely pray that my fears do not begin to manifest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Soldiers Force Policemen To Sit On The Ground After Take Over / Photo Of Grace And Robert Mugabe After Resignation Has Gone Viral Online / Vladimir Putin Allows ill Russian Teen To Film His ₦180b "Flying Mansion" Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.