Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

When Will Africans Stop Begging The World For Help? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Africans Stop Begging The World For Help? (1136 Views)

When Will Africans Liberate Their Minds? / Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) / Will Africans In Diaspora Return If Africa Is Developed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Africans Stop Begging The World For Help? by zboyd: 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
Africans Should Not Be Given Foreign Aid

by Ozodi T. Osuji

It is now time for Africans to stop asking other folk, non Africans, for aid. And it is now time for non-Africans to stop aiding Africans economically.

To aid Africans is to treat them as if they are children, to perpetuate their childishness, their tendency not to take their lives into their hands and do what they have to do to make a living. And when are given the opportunity to rule themselves, they engage in intolerable corruption and not even care for their people's welfare.

It is now time to leave Africans to swim or drown. As Charles Darwin (Origin of Species) and Herbert Spenser (Ethics) tell us, life on earth is a struggle for the survival of the fittest and the death of the weak. If Africans cannot compete for their survival, it is time for them to die off. It is time for them to die off and leave the African continent to become a huge animal preserve for others to come and gaze at animals in the wild.

It is unnatural for non-Africans to support Africans; it is sentimental for others to extend aid to Africans. It is, in effect, other folks keeping Africans alive. Those who cannot keep themselves alive ought to die out. In nature no animal is kept alive by other animals; in nature, it is compete and get your food or die out.

This may sound harsh but it is the only thing that would eventually get Africans to grow up and become adults and do what they have to do to survive, rather than messing up big time and asking for other persons to support them. No one has any business supporting Africans. Africans should stop making other people feel guilty for their suffering and support them out of guilty feelings. Other people should stop feeling guilty and out of guilt support Africans. The guilt-based support for Africans has perpetuated Africans' infantile status.

Besides, when African so-called leaders are given foreign aid, instead of using it to support their people, they redirect it to their pockets. African leaders squander the foreign aid they obtain from other people, just as they squander their peoples' resources. They engage in outrageous corruption, bribery and stealing and, it is time the world stopped accepting their absurd behaviors and leave them to swim or sink. No one has the obligation to rescue those who do not want to rescue themselves.

The views expressed here may seem heartless but, I believe that it is probably the best help that the world could extend to Africans. When Africans are abandoned by the rest of the world, perhaps they would finally learn to work together and do something for their own survival. Africans sordid history of selling their people to Arabs and Europeans, their current stealing from their people, instead of doing the right things with the foreign aid they receive is now jaded. We do not need to hear about Africans' shiftlessness any more. Let Africans help themselves or die. I want them to help themselves and live but do it on their own.

As long as other people keep on helping Africans, they will not do what is necessary to help themselves. The rest of the world is moving ahead and the only thing we hear about Africans is how badly they are doing and how corrupt they are. I no longer want to hear the familiar rationalizations as to why Africa is backward: how Europe underdeveloped Africa by carting its resources to Europe, how taking African people into slavery in North America (and Arabs taking Africans to Arabia) stunted its growth, how the structures of the world market, so that Africa is kept a plantation economy to supply raw materials to the factories of the northern Hemisphere. We have heard this tedium over and over again, to the point of being nauseating. Not too long ago, Asians were in the same boat with Africans, but today are competing on equal terms with Europeans, indeed, are probably going to supersede Europe soon.

If Africans cannot do what other people can do, one no longer wants to hear excuses as to why they cannot do it. Enough is enough.

CONCLUSION

Africans are always begging other people to come to their rescue; this behavior is shameful; it makes me feel insulted and degraded. I do not want any one to give me a handout; I want to be in charge of my life. My position is rooted in pride. I am proud and, as such, do not beg others for help. This is not some sort of childish vanity that sees itself as in charge of its life, whereas we are not. We are mutually in charge of our lives. Those who have a sense of being in control of their lives have internal locus of control and tend to make something of themselves. Those with external locus of control go nowhere with their lives.

It would be nice if Africans saw themselves as in control of their own lives, rather than believe that external others are responsible for their fate. It is when Africans take their lives into their hands and stop begging other people for help that they will turn their lives around and make the most of Africa. As long as Africans expect other people to come to their aid, they are like children and will not do what they have to do to put their fallen house in order.

I say that Africans should stop begging for foreign aid and that other countries should stop giving Africans foreign aid.

Let Africans do what they have to do to survive or die out.

Source: nigeriavillagesquare.com

QUESTION:

What do YOU think of this author's view?
Re: When Will Africans Stop Begging The World For Help? by paranorman(m): 2:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
..and i tot i was the only one thinkin this way.. I am so tired of Africa relyin so much; so disturbingly heavy on other parts of the world. It'ss just not good! When are we just gonna live up to the challenge and take the bulls by the horn?! Its not as if we aint got enough resources to tk cr of problems- we are so amazingly blessed! Its a shame really, its a shame. But there's hope..
Re: When Will Africans Stop Begging The World For Help? by paranorman(m): 2:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
..and i tot i was the only one thinkin this way.. I am so tired of Africa relyin so much; so disturbingly heavy on other parts of the world. It's just not good! When are we just gonna live up to the challenge and take the bulls by their horns?! Its not as if we aint got enough resources to tk cr of problems- we are so amazingly blessed! Its a shame really, its a shame. But there's hope..
Re: When Will Africans Stop Begging The World For Help? by AZeD1(m): 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
The author is right. We Africans have the same brain as the white man, we also have the same 24 hours as them so why can't we help ourselves?

Ebola was discovered in Africa some 30+ years, The Americans, Russians, Canadians, Japanese all have labs studying Ebola but nothing is in Africa (based on Google search).

It's time we Africans took our destiny into our own hands.
Re: When Will Africans Stop Begging The World For Help? by macpetrus(m): 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
Question for da gods....

All I knw is that there is something wrong with the black man.
Re: When Will Africans Stop Begging The World For Help? by Youngzedd(m): 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
Bribery and corruption is in 80% of black Man's DNA, even if the white helps, the ogas at the top will embezzle the money.

At times I begin to wonder who created the black race.

Too many cobwebs.
Re: When Will Africans Stop Begging The World For Help? by Arosa(m): 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
Since we begged the US and they said no, have we begged Russia yet. I'm sure they have a cure too. tongue grin grin grin
Re: When Will Africans Stop Begging The World For Help? by Gbawe: 5:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
Arosa:
Since we begged the US and they said no, have we begged Russia yet. I'm sure they have a cure too. tongue grin grin grin

Russia ke? Putin dey face him own wahala right now. No time for us. We better extend our 'cure' begging bowl towards China and pledge 60% of our daily output of crude to them for the next 50 years.
Re: When Will Africans Stop Begging The World For Help? by Arosa(m): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
Gbawe:

Russia ke? Putin dey face him own wahala right now. No time for us. We better extend our 'cure' begging bowl towards China and pledge 60% of our daily output of crude to them for the next 50 years.
grin grin grin You never know, Putin might just give us the cure just to despise the Americans. But on a serious note, we really need to get our act together, it's not funny anymore.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari And The Northern Elites / US Ebola Patient Identified As Liberian National / Ameachi Exposed!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.