Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) (23799 Views)

Audu's Running Mate, Faleke Writes INEC, Insists He's The Governor-Elect / Suswam Present 8 SUV To Ortom, Benue Governor Elect / APC, Danger To Nigeria - Ezeife, Ex-Anambra Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by Princess2be(f): 2:57am On Dec 03, 2013
The winner of the recently concluded governorship election in Anambra State, Willie Obiano, has said that he is tired of receiving congratulatory messages from members of the public, begging him to deliver on good governance when he assumes office.

In a recent tweet on his Twitter handle, Obiano described the messages as frustrating and heartbreaking. He asked concerned Nigerians to stop begging him to fulfil his campaign promises.

A quick check on Twitter by our correspondent shows that some Nigerians have asked Obiano not to disappoint them when his tenure begins.

Noting that since the people of Anambra State had given the governor-elect their mandate, as declared by INEC, they urged him to go ahead and fulfil his pledge to transform the state.

For instance, Joseph Onuorah, in a tweet to Obiano, wrote, “Congratulations…Out of relative obscurity, you have an opportunity to discover a divine mission: Please fulfil it in Anambra State.”

But the governor-elect says such pleas were not only unnecessary and needless but premature.

“The pleas are almost breaking my heart. I’m convinced it is my duty to work for you as your elected governor. I shouldn’t be begged. We will now go back to the drawing room to ensure that our manifesto becomes a reality. It is about ensuring that Anambra will work in our time. I appreciate you all for giving me your mandate,” Obiano replied.

The governor-elect also promised not to emulate some politicians who abandoned their social media friends after coasting home to victory at the polls.

Obiano, who describes himself as an astute banker, philanthropist and advocate of excellence and boasts a combined following of 12, 497 people on Facebook and Twitter, said he would never bite the finger that fed him.

He told his followers on Twitter and those who made use of various social networking sites to mobilise support for him that he could not but “thank God for social media.”

To prove his point that he will stay glued to the social media, even after being sworn in as the governor, Obiano said he had been “dashing in and out” of Twitter to respond to goodwill messages sent to him, in spite of his busy schedule.

He said he had “campaigned vigorously” on Twitter, noting that it would amount to a great disservice to his followers and fans on the social network to abandon those who stood by him and ensured his victory at the polls.

In a series of tweets, Obiano writes, “You will still see me here on Twitter. I’m here with you. It will be a long journey, but I want to rely on your sincere observations here on Twitter of our successes and mistakes to get this journey right.

“We must thank God for the social media. I thank you all for the messages of goodwill. I quickly dashed in this morning (Monday) to make a few tweets and dashed out again.

“Unfortunately, I can’t reply all your tweets individually, but I must thank you here and now for sending them. This victory is dedicated to God who is the creator of all and to you who believed in our message.”

Still relishing his victory in the governorship election, Obiano told his friends on Facebook that he held a thanksgiving service with his wife on Sunday to begin on a sound note.

“My people, we held a thanksgiving service at the Obiano Auditorium Aguleri, yesterday (Sunday). We are so full of thanks to God. We are also thankful to you all.

“Let us practice a lifestyle of gratitude because naturally, the more grateful we are, the more blessings we receive,” a message on his Facebook page read on Monday.

Expressing his gratitude on Facebook, he adds, “Thank you for believing in me. Thank you for partaking in the campaign both on ground and online. We will keep the flag flying.”

Meanwhile, Obiano who contested on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, has started using his Twitter handle to canvass support from his political opponents.

He has specifically tweeted messages to the candidates of the All Progressives Congress, Chris Ngige; Labour Party, Ifeanyi Ubah; and Peoples Democratic Party, Tony Nwoye, soliciting their support and saying “we all won.”

“I deeply appreciate my comrades, Tony Nwoye, Chris Ngige and Ifeanyi Ubah. We all campaigned vigorously on Twitter. I congratulate my brothers for such a great campaign. Our state, Anambra, needs to be united and I call on you to use our big influence in playing this role,” Obiano states on Twitter.

However, only Ubah has responded to the olive branch extended by Obiano to the other three governorship candidates on the microblogging service.

Ubah, in his response, congratulated Obiano whom he describes as the “Independent National Electoral Commission’s winner” but notes in another tweet that the electoral process through which he (Obiano) emerged is “a matter for another day.”

A check on the Twitter page of the PDP standard bearer in the election, Tony Nwoye, showed that he had since left the account dormant. The last time he made use of the account was on November 19, three days after the first round of the election.

During his election campaign, Nwoye managed to post 162 tweets while he boasted a following of 132 people.

However, Ngige and Ubah have continued to make use of their respective Twitter handles to respond to inquiries and observations from their supporters, even after the conduct of the supplementary election.
http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/stop-begging-me-to-perform-anambra-governor-elect/[/left]

6 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by JECBOSS: 2:58am On Dec 03, 2013
Before the Election, It was Willie Will Win, but now it is Willie Will Work.
Hit the 'LIKE' button if U believe that Willie Will Work

113 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by ceo4eva: 3:00am On Dec 03, 2013
I hope he lives up to expectations. God bless Anambra State, the Light of the Nation!

7 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by Nobody: 3:06am On Dec 03, 2013
Obiano should understand the anxieties people are expressing. Since he is active on social media he should be aware of (justified) allegations that Peter Obi is his godfather.

Obiano, when you commence your tenure - keep our apprehensions in mind and establish yourself as a governor capable of ascending undue influence and mediocrity.

My 2 cents.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by remarkD(m): 3:24am On Dec 03, 2013
I would really love it to see a governor or politician that stays in touch with his people, I believe it will be a way to win peoples' hearts over and seen as a man of the people... helping him win furture elections...

I think Obama used to do a weekly radio show or something like that...

If Willie boy can have a forum, say, once a week or every other week, an hour to two hours to talk, converse and chat with the people via a well organized online forum, whether it is answering questions about his work, or hearing suggestions from very intelligent Nigerians, Anambarians fara and wide (the brain box they boast to be) I am sure it will and be great.
Princess2be:
The winner of the recently concluded
governorship election in Anambra
State, Willie Obiano, has said that he
is tired of receiving congratulatory
messages from members of the
public, begging him to deliver on
good governance when he assumes
office.
In a recent tweet on his Twitter
handle, Obiano described the
messages as frustrating and
heartbreaking. He asked concerned
Nigerians to stop begging him to fulfil
his campaign promises.
A quick check on Twitter by our
correspondent shows that some
Nigerians have asked Obiano not to
disappoint them when his tenure
begins.
Noting that since the people of
Anambra State had given the
governor-elect their mandate, as
declared by INEC, they urged him to
go ahead and fulfil his pledge to
transform the state.
For instance, Joseph Onuorah, in a
tweet to Obiano, wrote,
“Congratulations…Out of relative
obscurity, you have an opportunity to
discover a divine mission: Please
fulfil it in Anambra State.”
But the governor-elect says such
pleas were not only unnecessary and
needless but premature.
“The pleas are almost breaking my
heart. I’m convinced it is my duty to
work for you as your elected governor.
I shouldn’t be begged. We will now
go back to the drawing room to
ensure that our manifesto becomes a
reality. It is about ensuring that
Anambra will work in our time. I
appreciate you all for giving me your
mandate,” Obiano replied.
The governor-elect also promised not
to emulate some politicians who
abandoned their social media friends
after coasting home to victory at the
polls.
Obiano, who describes himself as an
astute banker, philanthropist and
advocate of excellence and boasts a
combined following of 12, 497 people
on Facebook and Twitter, said he
would never bite the finger that fed
him.
He told his followers on Twitter and
those who made use of various social
networking sites to mobilise support
for him that he could not but “thank
God for social media.”
To prove his point that he will stay
glued to the social media, even after
being sworn in as the governor,
Obiano said he had been “dashing in
and out” of Twitter to respond to
goodwill messages sent to him, in
spite of his busy schedule.
He said he had “campaigned
vigorously” on Twitter, noting that it
would amount to a great disservice
to his followers and fans on the
social network to abandon those who
stood by him and ensured his victory
at the polls.
In a series of tweets, Obiano writes,
“You will still see me here on Twitter.
I’m here with you. It will be a long
journey, but I want to rely on your
sincere observations here on Twitter
of our successes and mistakes to get
this journey right.
“We must thank God for the social
media. I thank you all for the
messages of goodwill. I quickly
dashed in this morning (Monday) to
make a few tweets and dashed out
again.
“Unfortunately, I can’t reply all your
tweets individually, but I must thank
you here and now for sending them.
This victory is dedicated to God who
is the creator of all and to you who
believed in our message.”
Still relishing his victory in the
governorship election, Obiano told his
friends on Facebook that he held a
thanksgiving service with his wife on
Sunday to begin on a sound note.
“My people, we held a thanksgiving
service at the Obiano Auditorium
Aguleri, yesterday (Sunday). We are
so full of thanks to God. We are also
thankful to you all.
http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/stop-begging-me-to-perform-anambra-governor-elect/

1 Like

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by Nobody: 3:28am On Dec 03, 2013
remark D: I would really love it to see a governor or politician that stays in touch with his people, I believe it will be a way to win peoples' hearts over and seen as a man of the people... helping him win furture elections...

I think Obama used to do a weekly radio show or something like that...

If Willie boy can have a forum, say, once a week or every other week, an hour to two hours to talk, converse and chat with the people via a well organized online forum, whether it is answering questions about his work, or hearing suggestions from very intelligent Nigerians, Anambarians fara and wide (the brain box they boast to be) I am sure it will and be great.

This would be a good idea.
Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by plaindealer: 3:31am On Dec 03, 2013
lol...And this is the best to lead the people of Anambra?

Anambra people don suffer sha....

5 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by JECBOSS: 3:32am On Dec 03, 2013
plaindealer: lol...And this is the best to lead the people of Anambra?

IGNORED

72 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by plaindealer: 3:40am On Dec 03, 2013
^^^^^^ Obviously, you didn't ignore because you quoted me.

How do you even quote and ignore at the same time....? SMH...

15 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 03, 2013
Chino aka Princess2be aka JECBOSS aka one.east aka jbaur aka best view and other useless and redundant handles too numerous to count....how far with your KIA -Picanto?

This is all because of the car promised ...we know.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by plaindealer: 3:49am On Dec 03, 2013
Back to topic...

The man is obviously lowering expectations just in case...

Looking at what's on the table for him to work with, Obi presented N140 billion for him to work with in 2014, that's N30 billion more than what Obi spent in 2013.

I'd love to know what projects, infrastructures, innovations or vision the N140 billion is going to take care of...

1 Like

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by Pangea: 4:07am On Dec 03, 2013
There was a man too
GEJ was his name
He promised a lot to do
With a wife called dame.
We all cried and elected a man for the people
But now, we wondered, why are we such a sheeple.

11 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by bisi16(m): 4:13am On Dec 03, 2013
JECBOSS: Before, It was Willie Will Win but now it is Willie Will Work.
Hit the 'LIKE' button if U believe he'll Work
O.y.o . I like his wife's slim figure, unlike others wey big like bomb

2 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by Pangea: 4:47am On Dec 03, 2013
Today, another man from Aguleri of yore,
Who snatched ballots into the state house.
Well, he is our best, our long lost saviour
He will never abscond in a wrapper and blouse.
He just declared, don't tell me to work for you
Now that I'm in, let me work for me, and later for you.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by emekaanijah(m): 4:50am On Dec 03, 2013
this is the end.... my state is gone:.cry sad

5 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by juman(m): 6:16am On Dec 03, 2013
Pangea: There was a man too
GEJ was his name
He promised a lot to do
With a wife called dame.
We all cried an elected a man for the people
But now, we wondered, why are we such a sheeple.

Hmmm
Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by free2ryhme: 6:30am On Dec 03, 2013
emekaanijah: this is the end.... my state is gone:.cry sad

your people sold it for a cup of rice and 2 packs of indomie hungry man size

grin grin grin grin grin

24 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by Adindupeter: 6:35am On Dec 03, 2013
plaindealer: lol...And this is the best to lead the people of Anambra?

... Still mad over Anambrians choice?? I recommended a chilled glass of acid for you or didn't I?.. It'll make you feel better dude!

18 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 03, 2013
It is funny that people who claim not to care about the Southeast are the ones who take every opportunity to register their displeasure of Anambra people's choice of APGA over their party.
Their furore is so constant that one would think they are from Anambra state. If asked where they are from now, they will all claim Lagos. They are so petulant that they have begun to see the future and know the governor elect wont perform. Unabated bitterness. SMH
The people of Anambra has spoken. U outsiders will have to wait till 4 years time to know wether to laugh or cry. For now, APC has been rejected. Count ur loses. grin

34 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by emekaanijah(m): 7:28am On Dec 03, 2013
free2ryhme:

your people sold it for a cup of rice and 2 packs of indomie hungry man size

grin grin grin grin grin

at uli... i.e ansu.... my course mates said that those uli indigenes sold their votes for 1 k.... those people are just the worst kinda people ever... smh....cry sad wink

4 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by vanguard1(m): 7:34am On Dec 03, 2013
He is the people's choice, the most suitable man to lead Anambra to the promised land. I believe that he will perform.

6 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by vanguard1(m): 7:35am On Dec 03, 2013
emekaanijah: at uli... i.e ansu.... my course mates said that those uli indigenes sold their votes for 1 k.... those people are just the worst kinda people ever... smh....cry sad wink
Hater, aint you tired of hating

4 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by JomoGbomo2(m): 7:40am On Dec 03, 2013
I was believing the man's story until I got down the thread and saw his picture.........

Anambra.....I pray has not been sold dummy!

2 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 03, 2013
emekaanijah: at uli... i.e ansu.... my course mates said that those uli indigenes sold their votes for 1 k.... those people are just the worst kinda people ever... smh....cry sad wink

And I am sure ur candidate also paid some people money to vote for him. U wont have condemned those people if ur canditate won, I am so sure. Ur bitterness is so obvious. And where there is bitterness like urs, hypocrisy is almost always there too.
Cry me a new River Niger. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 03, 2013
The people have to beg you,your political forefathers promised heaven,and earth,what did they do when they won-NOTHING.
So,they don't want to go in circle again,so understand their pleas,it will stand as a reminder to jolt you to deliver.

God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by emekaanijah(m): 7:59am On Dec 03, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

And I am sure ur candidate also paid some people money to vote for him. U wont have condemned those people if ur canditate won, I am so sure. Ur bitterness is so obvious. And where there is bitterness like urs, hypocrisy is almost always there too.
dude I'm not even politically inclined.. my dad is in apga party... nd d winner is from aguleri... very close to umueze anam my village... they are all anam...... my dad even knows him personally.... Buh I hate politics.... so does my mum... but by the look of things.... there will be more money to my parents pocket

1 Like

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by emekaanijah(m): 8:01am On Dec 03, 2013
vanguard1:
Hater, aint you tired of hating
fuuu look at my comment and tell me where I stated that I don't like him...
Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 03, 2013
bisi16:
O.y.o . I like his wife's slim figure, unlike others wey big like bomb

Wait till she start to eat 1B food per year ...you will see the real woman ...did you see Clara Chime before becoming the state First Lady in Enugu?
Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 03, 2013
emekaanijah: dude I'm not even politically inclined.. my dad is in apga party... nd d winner is from aguleri... very close to umueze anam my village... they are all anam...... my dad even knows him personally.... Buh I hate politics.... so does my mum... but by the look of things.... there will be more money to my parents pocket

Story.
Is this the best u can do? grin

4 Likes

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by vanguard1(m): 8:29am On Dec 03, 2013
emekaanijah: fuuu look at my comment and tell me where I stated that I don't like him...
You musnt state it before it becomes apparent that you hate him.

1 Like

Re: Stop Begging Me To Perform – Obiano (Anambra Governor-Elect) by sirwilly1(m): 8:43am On Dec 03, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

Do you want WILLIE to start spending the N140billion on construction of new bridge?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale / How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? / Fashola: Oil Prices Drove Nigeria’s Growth Under Jonathan’s – NOT His Policies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.