Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage (11854 Views)

Mum's Unconditional Love / How Open Should One Be In Marriage? / Unconditional Love? In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by tobechi74: 7:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
What does unconditional love mean? The dictionary defines it as love that is expressed without any limitations, conditions or expectations. When you love someone unconditionally, you don’t expect any payback or favors. You love them even when the feeling is not mutual. The best real life example of this kind of love is the love that exists between a parent and a child

Unfortunately, the subject of unconditional love within a marriageis a tricky one. Some Christians, believe that they should love one another unconditionally, just like Christ loves them. This is true to an extent. After all, marriage vows do mention loving each other “for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health” till death do you part

The trouble with this argument, however, is that marriage is not unconditional. When you married your spouse, you promised to love each other in the face of circumstances beyond your control. The expectation is that the two of you will do everything in your control to make your marriage work. This means that you cannot harm your spouse intentionally and expect him or her to reciprocate with unconditional, consequence-free love.

In fact, completely disregarding reality can be dangerous, especially in the face of serious relationship problems such as abuse in marriage. It can impede a couple’s ability to deal with problems in the marriage.

For these reasons, the love that couples experience in marriage is best described as boundless love and not unconditional. Boundless love does not depend on external circumstances, and therefore, it endures even when external circumstances are against.

However, it does not disregard external circumstances.
The main difference between these two kinds of love is that boundless love acknowledges obstacles and strives to overcome them. It is based on the knowledge that your emotions towards your spouse may change depending on external circumstances but that doesn’t mean you don’t love him or her anymore.

You shouldn’t feel bad for having negative emotions such as anger towards your spouse. They are not an indication of how much you love your partner. They are just obstacles that you need to overcome on your way to a happy marriage. This is the meaning of love.

Genuine love doesn’t need to be blind or unconditional love. It doesn’t have to interfere with your ability to make rational decisions in the face of danger such as abuse. It also doesn’t mean that you have to suppress negative feelings

Mike Tuckeron
www.tobechispeaks.

4 Likes

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
Where can i find this type of love? such love dont exist
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Kanwulia: 11:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
Only if you are a fool in love! kiss
Love must have 'conditionalities'. . . . .or you are playing with your life! kiss

17 Likes

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by b3llo(m): 12:25am On Aug 11, 2014
Kanwulia: Only if you are a fool in love! kiss
Love must have 'conditionalities'. . . . .or you are playing with your life! kiss
Seconded

6 Likes

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by SAMBARRY: 11:38am On Aug 11, 2014
Kanwulia: Only if you are a fool in love! kiss
madam but Jennifer Lopez said love don't cost a thing na grin

1 Like

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by emidragon: 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
SAMBARRY: madam but Jennifer Lopez said love don't cost a thing na grin
no b b small tin o.

A PROMO is on, 50mb each 4 25 persons
it is D new Android plans with Etisalat.
50mb@N100 _ 1gb@1.4k n more.
https://www.nairaland.com/1840190/d-new-etisalat-android-plans
enquires on whatsapp/voice call >09090431565
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
Any man who wants submission should be ready to have unconditional love for his wife

11 Likes

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 7:06pm On Aug 11, 2014

Yet she don marry 3 times! How much the DIE-vorXes cost? grin

Kpor!
Kpor!
Kpor!

I don wake o!
Easy work lasssssh night!
Off for 5 days!!!!
My H-Agnostic GAAAAAD!!!! I di kwa tooooooo mussssssh na H-America!!!!! cool

H-enemies for NL don quench for NL and OGUN state finish!!! No advert for NL. . . . Bodi and blokos dey pepper somebarry!

Blessed art the unemployed!!!!

MUCHECHECHECHE

2 Likes

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by SAMBARRY: 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
grin cheesy grin grin grin hmnnn I saw the stunt you pulled in the adeboyes thread cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
KanwuliaJara:

Yet she don marry 3 times! How much the DIE-vorXes cost? grin

Kpor!
Kpor!
Kpor!

I don wake o!
Easy work lasssssh night!
Off for 5 days!!!!
My H-Agnostic GAAAAAD!!!! I di kwa tooooooo mussssssh na H-America!!!!! cool

H-enemies for NL don quench for NL and OGUN state finish!!! No advert for NL. . . . Bodi and blokos dey pepper somebarry!

Blessed art the unemployed!!!!

MUCHECHECHECHE

1 Like

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 11:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
SAMBARRY: grin cheesy grin grin grin hmnnn I saw the stunt you pulled in the adeboyes thread cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

I finish Seun aka ahnie-Tpia with eim GWOR-GWOR AdePOOPOO dia nor be small! And the spirit came over me!
MUCHECHECHECHE
2 pages of correct rofo rofo plus BAN from the IJEBU goat meat called SEUN himself!

The ATALAKPA-LAKPA OGUN-Shrine rejected sacrificial azzzzzze! cool

We go see who go f'O'rst quench for this NL ke!

Terror jam TERROR!
Amen!!!! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by justi4jesu(f): 5:23am On Aug 12, 2014
I guess....i will know soon
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 12, 2014
No
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Kalvan1000: 5:28am On Aug 12, 2014
What does that even mean?! undecided
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by princeonx: 5:29am On Aug 12, 2014
Hold on! Let me find out.

4 Likes

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Dabss(m): 5:32am On Aug 12, 2014
the same Jennifer Lopez is still searching for love after like 2 billion relationships cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 12, 2014
anything is still possible
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by rexbuton: 5:37am On Aug 12, 2014
Yes
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Funniez: 5:37am On Aug 12, 2014
Unconditional love in naija? *yawns nd goes bak to sleep*
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by bunmioguns(m): 5:38am On Aug 12, 2014
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by Afrocatalyst: 5:43am On Aug 12, 2014
Love with all your heart but don't forget to take your brain with you!

3 Likes

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by promise2020(m): 5:45am On Aug 12, 2014
love is Blind
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by joywendy(f): 5:47am On Aug 12, 2014
mmm....i once had an argument with someone over this love topic.

he said that it is possible for someone to love a person without giving the person much respect.

is it possible?

if it is then i guess that is what is missing in the story above. respect!

if it aint then undecided

i don't know sha, the topic is quite confusing at times.

what do i know sef am not married

3 Likes

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by gbaskiboy: 5:50am On Aug 12, 2014
My love for you strong kokoroko grin
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by eagleeye2: 5:50am On Aug 12, 2014
kanwulia is back
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by CharlesShaw(m): 5:51am On Aug 12, 2014
Da only luv worthy of a name is unconditional, can only be found in mother to child.
Unfortunately not in marriage, not in watsoeva.

2 Likes

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by luvly101: 5:55am On Aug 12, 2014
Uncon-what?
In fact, there are more terms and conditions involved. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by ameenahz(f): 5:56am On Aug 12, 2014
Unconditional love only truly exists in a Parent-child relationshiop. It is not really practical in marriage.

Husband: I will 'unconditionally' love you as long as you keep the home clean, make sure i get my food to time, keep slim and sexy, retain the libido and prowess of a 20 year old.......

wife:......as long as the bills are paid, you stay faithful, never beat me......

Whether we see them as conditions or not, they are conditions.

19 Likes

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by 1stola: 6:02am On Aug 12, 2014
I'm not married
Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by cyborg1(m): 6:04am On Aug 12, 2014
I believe it does.

2 Likes

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by eightsin(m): 6:10am On Aug 12, 2014
People whn dey run aftr luv!!! Everything in dis world has a condition....

1 Like

Re: Is Unconditional Love Practical In Marriage by hzamani(m): 6:13am On Aug 12, 2014
@op

IN OMAWUNMI's VOICE

if u ask me...
Na who I go ask

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) / Did You Have Sex With your Spouse Before Marriage? / Advice Needed For Living In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.