Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:23 PM

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's (122678 Views)

Do Yo Remember The NTA Ladies Of The 80's And 90's? / Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows / Soap Operas Of Late 80's And Early 90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by uzoexcel(m): 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
who remembers this..it wasnt actually 'naija' but it was always advertised then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk5OBmtsVt4

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by xynerise: 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
Moji, Moji, Moji family soap...e dey last well well and e dey good for your body.

Love soap and flower soap...keep your family together

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=listica][/quote]

I remember quite vividly all this old skool stuff.
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jjwaterfalls(f): 6:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
I remember d western union advert in which d man was attended to in d bAnk he said" no commission? No hiddEn charges?" cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by jnrbayano(m): 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
Henrick007: fill in the gap..... Put am for tea......., put am for coffee..... Put am for akamu e go disolve one time,......

Cowbell dey for powder....e no need fridge at all oo.....cowbell uoo

Cowbell our milk!

But I hate that milk.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Henrick007: 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
ait ait original station, original tv for the country......... Papa mama ooooo ait na we station
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
okparaugo: Good old days.

Life is really short...

As in, so short. its getting me a lil emotional.

Who remembers the Planta advert!!! i Looved that advert

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
My best would forever be that Thermocool Ad where they lined all the models of fridges according to size and this dude with weird clothes who memorized all the features about each fridge, opens them up and starts talking so fast:

"10 cubic feet of frizz free freezer, a fridge freezer never looked so good, see the Z 300 its Nigeria's most popular fridge. Whatever model you choose, they would keep drinks cooler and foods richer. We call them the Thermocool creation...You call them beautiful![/i]"

Or the 3 cartoon lions - Lion, lioness and the cub dancing and singing about Trebor (Peppermint, Fruities and Ginger Orange)!

Then the Corona students using different musical instruments and advertising Bata Cortina sandals! Chei!!! cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Henrick007: 6:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
ose st mare oooo ehhhh ose st mare oooo ehh, ikan dara fun fun aso fi fo ehhhh,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Kentnickole(m): 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
glitest: I do remember the one advert with those two girls.
My dear... Good old days
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by HCNS(m): 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
I remember the union bank advert during half time of italia 90, union bank big, strong, reliable

I won't forget kesin shin I can't get the spelling nw. During interval of that lovely soap opera Behind the cloud every sunday. " You see what I mean? Kesin shin"

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by uzoexcel(m): 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
that song was awesome...nig 99 then..remember that period cos me and a frd wanted to sneak from boarding college in ibadan then to get to the stadium to watch japan play mexico or something...we was caught though and beaten sad
UjSizzle:
I bata go n'obodo oma ee ebe mmiri something something....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by toyesebalogun: 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
Who remembers Mr Biggs 12th anniversary ad in 1996?
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Emmysteve(m): 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
dont8: I was going through a thread by Prophetone https://www.nairaland.com/1848166/rare-photos-young-nigeria-more and I felt nostalgia seeing those pictures and it reminds me of those good old days of commercial adverts on our TV stations.

Some were hilarious and funny while some other ones were educative in presentation.

So, I bring to you some of the old school commercial adverts of 80s and early 90s, enjoy and share any of your collections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPXAqzCqFMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6WyYyufuI

* OMO:

Omo Super blue Omo
Washes brighter and it shows!

Another one of Omo advert; the clean girl and the not so clean girl.

Girl 1: " How come your clothe is always cleaner than mine?"
Girl 2: " Cos my mom washes them"
Girl 1; " But my mom washes mine too"
Girl 2; " Well my mom uses super blue Omo"
Mom: " That's true.

* Elephant Detergent:

Chief Zebrudaya as always murdered this advert, nice

* Bagco Super Pack:

Workers:We want super sack, bagco super sack.
Worker1:Oga make u dey buy us cement wey dey inside bagco super sack.
Oga: an han, no be that bag una dey use before wey dey leak cement for una body?
Worker 1:Bagco super sack na different bag
Worker 2:E get double layer,na waterproof,Water no fit tosh nothing inside am
Worker1: E come strong kakaraka no dey burst dey leak cement for we head
Workers: yaaaaaaaaaay
Worker 2:Bagco super sack also dey reusable.U fit sell am for market women them
Oga:So for big house like this i go fit make plenty thousand Naira.?
Workers: Yessssss.
Oga: Me sef like better thing.Na bagco super sack i go dey buy from.
Workers: yaay ooooooooooooo we don win oh, we don win, bagco super sack, we don win

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
1) When good friends are fighting together BLACK NIGHT makes you feeeeeeeel Alright!
YEAH.
2) All you need is a drink LIMCA, Lime a Lemoni drink Limca, All you need is a drink LIMCA, Lime a Lemoni drink Limca

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by dabossman(m): 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nihilist: Flourish toothpaste.

That guy using his extra bright teeth to signal helicopters from the ground

There used to be one for a pain killer as well which I don't remember now...wasn't a Panadol though.

Isuzu tiger ads as well during breaks in Sledgehammer cheesy

Or that Classic NTA channel 5 ad that started with Chubby Checker's "come on baby! Let's do the twist" before switching to Onyeke Onwenu's "Iyogogo"

Or the Limca ads

grin grin grin

Phensic or Daga?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
I know it's not Nigerian, but still takes me back:

I am the future of the world
I am the hope of my nation
I am tomorrow’s people
I am the new inspiration

And we’ve got a song to sing to you
We’ve got a message to bring to you

Please let there be
For you and for me
A tomorrow
And we all can agree
There’ll be sweet harmony
Tomorrow
And we all will be there
Coca-Cola to share
Feeling so real and so true
Promise us tomorrow
And we’ll build a better world for you

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by DMilanista: 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
And who remembers Western Union money transfer? Wey Papa phone pikin 4 abroad 2 send money and he was asked 2 go and get d money in bank dat he has already sent it. On getting d money at d bank, d Papa was like now, now, now, eewo, Tekinology!
Also, Joy soap advert in d era of 'Your Choice'. I love that program.
Vicks lemon plus when traffic light was red.
Pepsi adverts- We'll rock u and Generation Next
Flourish toothpaste, d white teeth and helicopter.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Kentnickole(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
God bless you o @OP... you wan make me cry abi? It reminds me of those good old days whn I wud stick closely to our "ugly" monochrome (black-and-white) tv... NTA only opens by 4pm nd closes by 10:30 pm after the network news nd a few adverts... Shout out to all 80s -borne !

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by TIDDOLL(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
Henrick007: ose st mare oooo ehhhh ose st mare oooo ehh, ikan dara fun fun aso fi fo ehhhh,
ose kampala ti de..ki gbo gbo ose teriba...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Tucees(f): 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
xynerise: Eclairs--

''This is the new cadbury chocolate Eclairs.
It comes in a new purple and gold foil.
Rich cream caramel.
And still has a new ''Choc-choc'' you're gonna love it.

Hmmmmm...its big and delicious and one taste it gonna be....in my mouth.

So, go get yours now grin

Cadbury Choco Eclairs....the sweet with a heart. grin

That chick fine sha grin
No be small fine! As young as I was then I remember beefing her ehen? I was so jealous of her small mouth the way she slips the eclairs into themangry and smiles coyly to the cam oh gosh I use to wish its me on that ad and not her! made me hate eclairs till date.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by omenka(m): 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
You would notice the absence of some nairaland career trolls on this thread because most of them who seem to be loudest when it comes to insults and shouting are totally ignorant of what the subject of this thread is!! Most of them wernt born when these adverts were still rocking our airwaves!!

We used to sing along whenever the Omo advert comes through! smiley

Really taken back here..smiley The days when the country had some semblance with unity and sanity.

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by nijanigga: 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
All these toddlers ranting on the internet,most, were not born or just sucking breast or fingers,then.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by UjSizzle(f): 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nihilist:

Barka du sallah something something Abinchi...

I think that's how the Hausa verse started.

The Yoruba rap was mad too

A ki yin kabo so ri iluwa?

Don't remember now...
Lol yeah I still remember the Yoruba part; can't write it, but I can bite my tongue to the end grin

You remember Ecobank?
The bank for quality banking....blah blah with that opera voice cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Izunwa(m): 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
dont8: Wow, Tandi?

What a memory.
Men I so much like Ginger Ale then cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by TIDDOLL(m): 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
TribalEAST: This one nko?
THE BEST EVER!!!...SHORTCAKE.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Tucees(f): 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
xynerise: Eclairs--

''This is the new cadbury chocolate Eclairs.
It comes in a new purple and gold foil.
Rich cream caramel.
And still has a new ''Choc-choc'' you're gonna love it.

Hmmmmm...its big and delicious and one taste it gonna be....in my mouth.

So, go get yours now grin

Cadbury Choco Eclairs....the sweet with a heart. grin

That chick fine sha grin
No be small fine! As young as I was then I remember beefing her ehen? I was so jealous of her small mouth the way she slips the eclairs into themangry and smiles coyly to the cam oh gosh I use to wish its me on that ad and not her! made me hate eclairs till date. embarassed cry
Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by uzoexcel(m): 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
best advert ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk5OBmtsVt4
UchihaMadara: I know it's not Nigerian, but still takes me back:

I am the future of the world
I am the hope of my nation
I am tomorrow’s people
I am the new inspiration

And we’ve got a song to sing to you
We’ve got a message to bring to you

Please let there be
For you and for me
A tomorrow
And we all can agree
There’ll be sweet harmony
Tomorrow
And we all will be there
Coca-Cola to share
Feeling so real and so true
Promise us tomorrow
And we’ll build a better world for you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's by Henrick007: 6:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
make una call polce oooo make una call police oooo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Meet The Bbnaija 2021 Female Housemates (Shine Ya Eye) / My Review Of SLTV After 2 Months Of Usage / Post Your links to Movies, Trailers & Series here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.