Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy (43898 Views)

Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities / Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? / The New Shina Rambo As An Evangelist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Ishilove: 8:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
The White Death, Audie Murphy and the Indian dude are the epitome of 'badassery'. I really don't understand Mad Jack's accomplishments. That guy was psycho. undecided. I also find it ironic that York the pacifist turned out to be a killing machine. Kill or be killed. Desperate times bring out the savage in man.

The lesson I have learnt from this post is war is a terrible thing.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
Ishilove: The White Death, Audie Murphy and the Indian dude are the epitome of 'badassery'. I really don't understand Mad Jack's accomplishments. That guy was psycho. undecided. I also find it ironic that York the pacifist turned out to be a killing machine. Kill or be killed. Desperate times bring out the savage in man.

http://www.history.ac.uk/reviews/review/1009
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Ishilove: 11:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
musKeeto:

http://www.history.ac.uk/reviews/review/1009
Damned Eurocentric historiography angry
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by LordReed(m): 1:48am On Aug 27, 2014
Ishilove: The White Death, Audie Murphy and the Indian dude are the epitome of 'badassery'. I really don't understand Mad Jack's accomplishments. That guy was psycho. undecided. I also find it ironic that York the pacifist turned out to be a killing machine. Kill or be killed. Desperate times bring out the savage in man.

You don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Plus it was a freaking claymore, those things are very heavy. Plus he had bag pipes. Who the hell carries and plays bag pipes on the battlefield? Plus he acted his own prison break, twice! Truly "Mad".

4 Likes

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
wat of Afonja Ilorin,oduduwa or Utman Dan fodio,

2 Likes

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Samsantos9: 11:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
White death is the baddest of them all!
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Burger01(m): 10:20am On Aug 28, 2014
bolaino: white death is a natural born killer, no wonder he tops the list. white death rocks.
I read it twice! he rocks manh! smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by bolaino(m): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2014
Burger01:
I read it twice! he rocks manh! smiley
smiley grin cool WHITE DEATH ROCKS[color=#006600][/color]
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 28, 2014
Almost unbelievable,I like Murphy most though..
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by nativedoctor(m): 6:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
Google John Basilone
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by iceberylin(m): 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
the first Guy is Awesome grin
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
Some of these stories are exagerated jare
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by gatiano(m): 6:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
this you must worship me attitude of the whiteman by his agent is becoming irritating, i begin to sense it that white supremacy is finished, nothing else for them. one person shot several times climbed to the hilltop, shot severally, ran to throw a grenade, went over again shot at severally, then fought with his hands more, haaaaaaaaaa! i was expecting to see a giant with muscles or atleast some flesh that must have hold out some bullets, but that smallman? abeg begin they believe all the stunts you see in bollywood. if he was a dalit (a lower caste in the indian caste system) or the so called untouchables, it will be a different story. and if he was a dalit, na to shot the mouth of his community up!
everything you see or read there is a narrated or hearsay story. DO NO WORSHIP NOTHING OTHER THAN GOD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by viruz007(m): 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
White Death is a beast!!!!

Audie Murphy not get class biko...

Choi, see men!!! cool shocked
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by ichidodo: 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
The essence of soldiering is to do or die and not ask questions, these soldliers yogendra and Murphy have to be the most craziest officers ever...
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by san316(m): 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
The real badasser is white death. All those Americans(churchill(especially) and Audie) are liars. They may have made up the stories to praise themselves. The Indian guy too get mind, he's got 9 lives i guess. But white death is da man.
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by chukkystar(m): 6:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
We can all agree that, that Indian man used Jazz... Jazz Center
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by iceberylin(m): 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
pendusky: . white death rocks.
INDEED shocked
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by franklampard082(m): 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
White death though. Not like I believe everything. But I enjoyed the story. Sounds like something narrated by somebody from sonyMax.
I've always liked snipers. Don't mind being one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by mployer(m): 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
Impressive.

Time to join the military undecided
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
Dat yadav guy na lyk 50 cent who got shot bout 9 times n neva died
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by mployer(m): 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
nassyblue: Some of these stories are exagerated jare

..and they still got medals?

You can't get a medal with a fabricated war story.
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by boofydon: 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
LarrySun: #2. Alvin York (Image 1)

Who Was He?

Born to a family of redneck farmers from Tennessee, Alvin York spent much
of his youth getting piss drunk in bars and getting into crazy barfights. When
his friend got killed in one of the aforementioned barfights, he swore off the
liquor, and became a pacifist. When he received his draft notice in 1917, York
filed as a "conscientious objector" but was denied. They shipped his *ss out to basic training.

About a year later, he was one of 17 men designated to sneak around and take out a fortified machine-gun encampment guarding a German railroad. As they were approaching, the gunners spotted them and opened fire, tearing nine of the men to pieces.

What's left of York's troupe (Image 2).

The few survivors that didn't have enormous balls of steel ran away, leaving
York standing there taking fire from 32 heavy machine gunners. As he said in his diary,

"I didn't have time to dodge behind a tree or dive into the brush, I didn't even
have time to kneel or lie down. I had no time no how to do nothing but watch
them-there German machine gunners and give them the best I had. Every
time I seed a German I just touched him off. At first I was shooting from a
prone position; that is lying down; just like we often shoot at the targets in the shooting matches in the mountains of Tennessee; and it was just about the same distance. But the targets here were bigger. I just couldn't miss a
German's head or body at that distance. And I didn't."

After he killed the first 20 men or so, a German lieutenant got five guys
together to try to take this guy from the side. York pulled out his Colt .45
(which only had eight bullets) and killed all of them with it, a practice he
likened to "shoot[ing] wild turkeys back home ." (Image 3)

At this point lieutenant Paul Jurgen Vollmer yelled out over the noise asking if York was English. See, in WWI, no one really took the Americans very
seriously, and everyone thought of them as the rookies. Vollmer figured this
crazy/awesome/ballsy soldier must be some kind of English superman who
was showing these sissy Americans how it was done. When York said he was American, Vollmer replied "Good Lord! If you won't shoot any more I will make them give up."

Ten minutes later, 133 men came walking towards the remains of York's
battalion. Lieutenant Woods, York's superior at first thought it was a German
counter-attack until he saw York, who saluted and said "Corporal York reports with prisoners, sir." When the stunned officer asked how many, York replied "Honest, Lieutenant, I don't know."

YORK!!! Baddest badass! A single man that got 133 prisoners lol grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by cirmuell(m): 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
White death and the Indian guy did it for me...real badass
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by gatiano(m): 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
There was this movie about a soviet sniper (actor- jude law), a true event, it was around the time of this white death. do you mean he used that rifle without lens and silencer to kill 705 soldiers? 105 of them trained snipers? and you believed? ode ni e broda. your maths na g10. however, the story is a good strategy to impose fear on the opponent. to top it up, his face was blown in half and he still dey breath, our life is right and left part, one can't stay without the other COMFORTABLY.

1 Like

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Emmafrancis: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
White death is the baddest of all badasses
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by vascey(m): 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
What an entertaining read.
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by daveP(m): 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Mehn white death andd audrey murphy. So rambo acted one of these. What of the real story behind van damme's cyborg(hanged in the cold for 3days)

but overall i hate war!!
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by peleson: 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
Badasses
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
Major Uchendu.

Biafran Badass. Destroyed 75% of Nigerian 2nd division in Abagana in 1968, with a single bullet.

Even Hollywood is yet to come up with an alternative.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Rejoices After Killing This Monitor Lizard With His "Bare Hands". PICS / Nigerian Man Killed By Car In Indonesia While Fleeing From Immigration (Graphic) / Large Python Killed Today By Military (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.