Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,992 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? (1779 Views)

Pls Who Gave Birth To Cain's Wife..the Beginning Is Too Confusing / Where Did Cain Got His Wife? / Where Did Cain's Wife Come From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by ultiandroid: 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
Without any human beings other than Adam, Eve, Cain,
and Abel being mentioned, Genesis 4:17 states, “Cain
knew his wife, and she conceived…”

If, at that time, Adam and Eve had only given birth to two
sons - Cain and Abel - and Cain had killed Abel, where did
Cain's 'wife' emanate from?

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by Horus(m): 10:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
Who was Cain’s wife?

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by shikshark: 11:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
the day i asked this question was the day i started making enemies at the sunday school because the sunday school teacher got confused and decided to waive my question but i insist....then the whole group shouted me down

6 Likes

Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by dkronicle(m): 11:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
Cain cained anumalu

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by ultiandroid: 11:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
I'll answer by sayin 'mother of Enoch'......^^^ ....Gen 4:17... And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city , and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by ultiandroid: 11:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
shikshark: the day i asked this question was the day i started making enemies at the sunday school because the sunday school teacher got confused and decided to waive my question but i insist....then the whole group shouted me down
seriously, lol.... I wish we could get more insight and light on these..

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by ultiandroid: 11:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
Horus: Who was Cain’s wife?
'mother of Enoch' ..... name and origin unknown though

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by sebali: 11:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
WHEN WUD U ALL REALIZE
......ADAM AND EVE....CAIN AND ABEL........
were just d jewish version of creation, jus d way all tribes in naija had her own Creation myth b4 we all adopted christainity.

IN SUMMARY.
Adam and Eve neva existed therefore Cain neva existed so his wife also neva eva EXISTED

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by sainty2k3(m): 11:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
Good question that needs answer.
May be he married his sister
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by Tallesty1(m): 11:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
Cain married either his own sister or step sister.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by sebali: 11:56pm On Aug 09, 2014
Tallesty1: Cain married either his own sister or step sister.
Cain was driven away by GOD....so were did he see his sister to marry
IN SUMMARY
There was neva a CAIN....talk less of having a sister

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by Tallesty1(m): 12:03am On Aug 10, 2014
sebali:
Cain was driven away by GOD....so were did he see his sister to marry
The bible says "Cain knew his wife" it didn't say Cain married a wife, that is to tell you that he has a wife before he was driven away. Gen 5:4 "After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters.”. Cain probably took one of his sister or Seth's daughter. Remember he is already 130 when he killed Abel, many people had already been born on earth at that time.
sebali: IN SUMMARY
There was neva a CAIN....talk less of having a sister
I'm not interested in your summary

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by ultiandroid: 12:05am On Aug 10, 2014
sebali: WHEN WUD U ALL REALIZE
......ADAM AND EVE....CAIN AND ABEL........
were just d jewish version of creation, jus d way all tribes in naija had her own Creation myth b4 we all adopted christainity.

IN SUMMARY.
Adam and Eve neva existed therefore Cain neva existed so his wife also neva eva EXISTED
Are you saying that all accounts in the bible never existed too?
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by ultiandroid: 12:34am On Aug 10, 2014
Tallesty1: The bible says "Cain knew his wife" it didn't say Cain married a wife, that is to tell you that he has a wife before he was driven away. Gen 5:4 "After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters.”. Cain probably took one of his sister or Seth's daughter. Remember he is already 130 when he killed Abel, many people had already been born on earth at that time.
I'm not interested in your summary
thanks for your contribution. but why should it boil down to probability and not clearly stated in the holy book, so also, Cain knew his WIFE* and that's all that matters
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by Tallesty1(m): 12:40am On Aug 10, 2014
ultiandroid:
thanks for your contribution. but why should it boil down to probability and not clearly stated in the holy book, so also, Cain knew his WIFE* and that's all that matters
No book can contain everything that happened that time. Being God's image we are supposed to be able to put 2 and 2 together to get four.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by sebali: 7:57am On Aug 10, 2014
ultiandroid:
Are you saying that all accounts in the bible never existed too?

I am not saying all, bt many e.g creations acct is just jewish myth...it neva happened.
To help u; after God cursed Cain, Cain sort protection from those in d east; so where did those in d east emanated from.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by sebali: 8:00am On Aug 10, 2014
Tallesty1: No book can contain everything that happened that time. Being God's image we are supposed to be able to put 2 and 2 together to get four.

Should 2 and 1 also give 4
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by ultiandroid: 9:03am On Aug 10, 2014
sebali:

I am not saying all, bt many e.g creations acct is just jewish myth...it neva happened.
To help u; after God cursed Cain, Cain sort protection from those in d east; so where did those in d east emanated from.
lipsrsealed
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by waldigit: 11:02am On Aug 10, 2014
ultiandroid: Without any human beings other than Adam, Eve, Cain,
and Abel being mentioned, Genesis 4:17 states, “Cain
knew his wife, and she conceived…”

If, at that time, Adam and Eve had only given birth to two
sons - Cain and Abel - and Cain had killed Abel, where did
Cain's 'wife' emanate from?

Do you believe the account of how Adam got Eve his wife. This is the logic: if you believe the account, then you can also believe cain could have got his wife by any means.
Shalom
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by ultiandroid: 1:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
waldigit:

Do you believe the account of how Adam got Eve his wife. This is the logic: if you believe the account, then you can also believe cain could have got his wife by any means.
Shalom
Any means is NO means
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by waldigit: 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
ultiandroid:
Any means is NO means
To man any means is no means, but with God all things are possible
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by Dragonking: 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
waldigit:
To man any means is no means, but with God all things are possible

So how is it possible that cain knew his wife from thin air? how is it possible that some people emanated from nowhere all of a sudden from the east and wanted to kill cain? something is really missing here and this your excuse or reason isnt justifiable.
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by waldigit: 4:17am On Aug 12, 2014
Dragonking:

So how is it possible that cain knew his wife from thin air? how is it possible that some people emanated from nowhere all of a sudden from the east and wanted to kill cain? something is really missing here and this your excuse or reason isnt justifiable.

There is something many like you are missing about Bible.
You expect God to act like a professor of botany who want to inform a cave man about plant in the same language of instruction he uses for his postdoctoral audience.? Common!
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by Weah96: 5:19am On Aug 12, 2014
sainty2k3: Good question that needs answer.
May be he married his sister

Who then gave birth to a baby without 3 eyes? No way!! Which sister btw? Didn't know Cain and Abel had a sister.
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by sainty2k3(m): 7:38am On Aug 12, 2014
Weah96:

Who then gave birth to a baby without 3 eyes? No way!! Which sister btw? Didn't know Cain and Abel had a sister.

Of course Adam and eve had many babies after Cain and abel
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by Weah96: 7:43am On Aug 12, 2014
sainty2k3:

Of course Adam and eve had many babies after Cain and abel

I know. No need for money or employment, so all they did was bang. But was there a sister?
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by OJODEL10(m): 8:07am On Aug 12, 2014
before we can make any conclusion about cain's wife, lets read the bible it self. gen 1 v 27 to 28 so god created man in his own image, in the image of god created he him: male and female created he them. and god blessed then, and god said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air and ....
if u read carefully you wil discovered the word 'them' who are the peopje that are to multiply just adam never he (god) may have created other human both woman and man.
i pulse.
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 12, 2014
Contrary to what the bible says,cain and abel weren't the only children of mr adam,they had close to 20something children which in turn repopulated the first generation meaning incest was involved for repopulation and nothing like rule,culture,norms against incest at the time. I done make research and note this all yall Christians *The bible is actually a timeline of past history and events passed down generation to generation and lost some validation before it was written and other version tends to add or subtract,the bible isn't a tool to be reckon with divinely,most pastors doesn't even know this but make your research and outsmart your pastor on this one.
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by Dragonking: 8:41am On Aug 12, 2014
waldigit:

There is something many like you are missing about Bible.
You expect God to act like a professor of botany who want to inform a cave man about plant in the same language of instruction he uses for his postdoctoral audience.? Common!

What are you saying

You claimed that God created Adam and eve as first humans..Then adam and eve gave birth to cain and abel..Cain got jealous and killed abel. Leaving only Cain, adam and eve..So where did cain get a wife to marry from? WHere did the people that wanted to kill cain come from all of a sudden? Why did they even have the intention of killing cain when they have never even had an encounter with cain? You guys keep on contradicting yourselves thats why so many false prophets and men of God abound in the land.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by Toyolad(m): 8:53am On Aug 12, 2014
ultiandroid: I'll answer by sayin 'mother of Enoch'......^^^ ....Gen 4:17... And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city , and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.
Cain begot Enoch in gen 4:17 and Jared begot Enoch in gen 5:19.

Enoch had two fathers?
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by waldigit: 10:28am On Aug 12, 2014
Dragonking:

What are you saying

You claimed that God created Adam and eve as first humans..Then adam and eve gave birth to cain and abel..Cain got jealous and killed abel. Leaving only Cain, adam and eve..So where did cain get a wife to marry from? WHere did the people that wanted to kill cain come from all of a sudden? Why did they even have the intention of killing cain when they have never even had an encounter with cain? You guys keep on contradicting yourselves thats why so many false prophets and men of God abound in the land.

Like I said, if God should explain those details to even you so called modern man, your tiny brain will go "gaga" and then explode, let alone near cave man like Moses the writer of Genesis.
Re: Where Did Cain's 'wife' Emanate From? by waldigit: 10:29am On Aug 12, 2014
Dragonking:

What are you saying

(1) (2) (Reply)

Native Doctors And Pastors,are They Not Of The Same Purpose? / Is It Biblical To Pray For Peace In The Endtime? / Dont criticize MOGs security Is Common Sense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.