Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) (16770 Views)

Dedicate A Song To Your Father / What Would You Remember Your Father For? / What Do You Like About Your Father. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Eleganza33(f): 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
Jeez hw cn ur parent nd undastand dia own dota,my moda knws wat i cn do nd wat i cnt do. Walahi ur papa get luck o my father wil neva spare im 4 such curel act to his son he must revenge o he hardly 4giv
Catered4:

Same Here. My dad and mum once saw my class mate (a boy) and I walk down the bus stop after school hour. Unknown to us, my dad and mum had arranged some mechanics under the bridge (charity bus stop oshodi) to beat the boy. Before I could say Jesus is Lord, my class mate had been surrounded by the mechanics under the bridge. Omo see beating. My parent dragged me away from their midst. I was so helpless. I couldn't do anything. My mum even slapped Femi. When the boys were through, my dad hijacked femi on his school uniform, and took him back to the barracks (school). Getting to the school, my dad reported Femi to the soldiers in school. My Dad lied. My Dad told the soldiers that Femi took me out of the school. My Dad ordered the Soldiers to cane Femi and I. We were given 14 strokes of Koboko right at my parents presence. After that, Femi was taken into the guard room. We left the barrack straight to our family doctor clinic. My mum told our doctor that she brought me for Virginity test. That I was seen with a boy earlier that day. The doctor told my mum to excuse us, and he asked if I had done anything, and I told him NO. He believed me. He asked me to go. He told my mum that my Virginity was still intact. We went back home. On getting home, my mum and dad reported me to neighbours around. Our church members and Pastors were not left out as my parent told another version of the story. That night I was separated from my siblings. I was quarantined for two weeks. I was in the store for two weeks. I didn't go to school. I ate once a day. My parents told my siblings I was possessed with a demon and the demon needed to be casted out before I could regain my freedom again. My brother and sisters felt pity for me. When they go to school, they will buy me snacks and whenever my parents were not at home, they will pass it through the window for me to eat. I wrote an apology note to Femi to forgive me. My friends wrote back to me telling me of how much they had missed me. Sometimes my friends sents me food to eat. Femi never replied my notes. Femi had already told the whole school of what my parent did to him. I later heard that his father bailed him out from the guard room. Femi father waited for the return of his son, but he never returned. Out of fear, the father went to the school only to be told that his son was in the guard room. Hmmm, going back to the school was my night mare. I just didn't know how to face the school. Two weeks was over. I was free again. I became a celebrity over night. Friends and neighbors wanted to know what happened. I got dressed to school, on getting to the barrack, I just didn't know if I should go into the school or go back home. At the same time, I wasn't ready to quit my secondary education. I summoned courage to proceed with the encouragement I got from my bestie. I got to the class, all eyes on me. For weeks I was nervous. I was mocked. To my disappointment, Femi made mockery of me most. He told all the guys to stay away from me if not, they should be ready for an acid bath. My life never remained the same till I left the school as no one never wanted to associate themself with me except for my bestie. I owe her one!
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by wizard007(m): 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
Isiterere: my dad is very strict to my other siblings; I will give him 8/10 but to me (being the last born ) 0/10. Very soft and gentle likewise my mum . All my dad toughness has expired before I began crawling.
They both trust my judgement despite the excessive freedom they gave me(am not spoilt though )

ALL IZZ WELL

This is so me!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by daveP(m): 9:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
MizMyColi:
Hiorhiorhiorhior

cheesy cheesy cheesy

That was really funny Dave.

My Father was only strict when we lied or kept the house untidy or went to see our street friends and stayed out long. I remember him threatening to cut of my toes and spanking beneath my feet.
I think its part of the reason I'm a truthsayer , a tidier, and an indoor person.

Now that we're all grown up, Dad's the sweetest ever grin The fact that he spent most of his adult years sojourning different countries might be a major reason he didn't fall into "Strict Dads" Category, I think.

It will also suffice to say again that I, am my Father's Daughter smiley

Lol thats cool, but what of those powers. Daddy's girl! Its all for our good-bottomline. But overboard is mean/abuse

2 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by daveP(m): 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
frankben: see story o shocked
drop urs guy. Lol
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by dstnd: 9:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
Catered4:

Same Here. My dad and mum once saw my class mate (a boy) and I walk down the bus stop after school hour. Unknown to us, my dad and mum had arranged some mechanics under the bridge (charity bus stop oshodi) to beat the boy. Before I could say Jesus is Lord, my class mate had been surrounded by the mechanics under the bridge. Omo see beating. My parent dragged me away from their midst. I was so helpless. I couldn't do anything. My mum even slapped Femi. When the boys were through, my dad hijacked femi on his school uniform, and took him back to the barracks (school). Getting to the school, my dad reported Femi to the soldiers in school. My Dad lied. My Dad told the soldiers that Femi took me out of the school. My Dad ordered the Soldiers to cane Femi and I. We were given 14 strokes of Koboko right at my parents presence. After that, Femi was taken into the guard room. We left the barrack straight to our family doctor clinic. My mum told our doctor that she brought me for Virginity test. That I was seen with a boy earlier that day. The doctor told my mum to excuse us, and he asked if I had done anything, and I told him NO. He believed me. He asked me to go. He told my mum that my Virginity was still intact. We went back home. On getting home, my mum and dad reported me to neighbours around. Our church members and Pastors were not left out as my parent told another version of the story. That night I was separated from my siblings. I was quarantined for two weeks. I was in the store for two weeks. I didn't go to school. I ate once a day. My parents told my siblings I was possessed with a demon and the demon needed to be casted out before I could regain my freedom again. My brother and sisters felt pity for me. When they go to school, they will buy me snacks and whenever my parents were not at home, they will pass it through the window for me to eat. I wrote an apology note to Femi to forgive me. My friends wrote back to me telling me of how much they had missed me. Sometimes my friends sents me food to eat. Femi never replied my notes. Femi had already told the whole school of what my parent did to him. I later heard that his father bailed him out from the guard room. Femi father waited for the return of his son, but he never returned. Out of fear, the father went to the school only to be told that his son was in the guard room. Hmmm, going back to the school was my night mare. I just didn't know how to face the school. Two weeks was over. I was free again. I became a celebrity over night. Friends and neighbors wanted to know what happened. I got dressed to school, on getting to the barrack, I just didn't know if I should go into the school or go back home. At the same time, I wasn't ready to quit my secondary education. I summoned courage to proceed with the encouragement I got from my bestie. I got to the class, all eyes on me. For weeks I was nervous. I was mocked. To my disappointment, Femi made mockery of me most. He told all the guys to stay away from me if not, they should be ready for an acid bath. My life never remained the same till I left the school as no one never wanted to associate themself with me except for my bestie. I owe her one!
sister I feel ur pain....wow so emotional
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
daveP: drop urs guy. Lol
if i'm to write mine, it wud take the whole night........ grin
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by daveP(m): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
frankben:
if i'm to write mine, it wud take the whole night........ grin
just drop it en help d op enter 10pages grin
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by daveP(m): 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Catered4 's story is the heaviest on this topic. If im d guy's fada, ah revenge will be sweet o,eh! Lock up my son cos he followed geh ( inasmuch they werent caught in d act) ah!! Mr adewale in my neigbourhood would organise tout if it were his son o. Wonder why some parents are so overboard? #sope tie#
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
daveP: just drop it en help d op enter 10pages grin
that reminds me. I also need this thread," https://www.nairaland.com/1849169/shocking-ebola-links-n0kia" to go past page 0 grin
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by January27(f): 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
dstnd: pls don't just view....say something
Is it by force?
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Spiff20(m): 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
MissMeiya: These stories are scary. undecided

I'm my daddy's princess. He calls me "my heart" in our language. We're always talking and laughing. My life goal to make him proud of me. My grade for him is 200%. My daddy...

you re lucky then. What about ur mum?
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by dstnd: 11:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
January27: Is it by force?
toor,u no comment.people like looking for trouble
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
[quote author=daveP]Catered4 's story is the heaviest on this topic. If im d guy's fada, ah revenge will be sweet o,eh! Lock up my son cos he followed geh ( inasmuch they werent caught in d act) ah!! Mr adewale in my neigbourhood would organise tout if it were his son o. Wonder why some parents are so overboard? #sope tie#

Infact my dear, anybody who good has blessed with lovely parents should be Thankful. I don't wish my enemy to marry a man like my dad or marry a woman like my mum. Those two beings are just too compatible in their wickedness. No relations comes to our house even the children can't stay self. I thank God for who I am today. All those troubles got me focused sha.
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
[quote author=dstnd]sister I feel ur pain....wow so emotional

Thanks Dear. They will pay back every damn thing they did to me and my siblings. Infact I've started bringing it out of my shell. I will dish it to them small small. The first I did was to declare my Love and Prayers to my Foster Parents Publicly. They will definately Pay!
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by daveP(m): 11:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
[quote author=Catered4][/quote] is that how u came about ur moniker? Curious!
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
[quote author=Eleganza33]Jeez hw cn ur parent nd undastand dia own dota,my moda knws wat i cn do nd wat i cnt do. Walahi ur papa get luck o my father wil neva spare im 4 such curel act to his son he must revenge o he hardly 4giv

I really wanted Femis dad to revenge then but my dad had already bribed the Soldiers. Maybe that's why the man couldn't do anything much. Well Not all Mothers are Mothers. My parents are Blessed with Good children but they don't know their children. They are supposed to be reaping their labor now but other people are enjoying the harvest.
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
Spiff20: you re lucky then. What about ur mum?

She is very overprotective. And she was the Discipliner. She never really beat us... you see, she's very short, so she had a habit of throwing slippers or swatting at us with a broom. And my brother and I learned to dodge grin

But mehn, she can nag.

Also, she's the Decider. If she says no, then the answer is no. If my dad says yes, before or after, but she says no, the answer is NO. Lol. She can nag oh! My dad doesn't have the patience. He will just say "Look, listen to your mom and leave me alone."

Anyway, she and I didn't get close until I got older. She's very happy about our relationship now. Actually, my cousins complain that I tell my mother too much embarassed

"It's not everything you have to tell your mom!" < I get that from them a lot cry
My mom got very satisfied with herself when I told her that. She didn't say anything, but she was just smiling to herself. She's actually totally adorable when she's not shouting.

2 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=MzMariah]Awww you are married, that's cute. I won't do such to my kids when I get married too.

Yes I married. I feel fulfilled. I'm happier than ever. Please don't do it to your kids because the end result isn't good. I have seen kids kill their parents because of these abuse. I won't kill my parent and non of my siblings will take such law into their hands but then they will still have to pay for their evil deeds. I belive our creator will fight for us. At the end, it will be a case of 'He who laugh last, laugh Best'. God Bless You.

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by dstnd: 12:03am On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=Catered4][/quote] hey dear u don't need to take it out on them,cos their marriage was a failure doesn't make ur look like dia.just make sure u grow up to be a happy mummy.
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=daveP] is that how u came about ur moniker? Curious!

Dave P, funny you. Well its just a name my friends in the Uni gave to me. I love catering for people needs. I love making people happy.

2 Likes

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=dstnd] hey dear u don't need to take it out on them,cos their marriage was a failure doesn't make ur look like dia.just make sure u grow up to be a happy mummy.

I Love my New Family. My Hubby, Kid and I are very much Happy. I'm Happier than ever. If my lil Kid is to rate me and Hubby today, I'm sure she will give us 100%. We are happy family. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by dstnd: 12:12am On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=Catered4][/quote]really happy for.be the proud mother you are,and let go of the past
.happy are u ma

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=Catered4][/quote]Amen.

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by daveP(m): 1:06am On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=Catered4][/quote]wow u even married! Thats great. And about d moniker. Theres no way u wont have that as a person if u love people! A gift uve gat. smiley

check out ma story,the links on my signature.thanks

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by fightforchange1(f): 3:36am On Aug 11, 2014
i once cussed my baba and he was livid ...... woooo ive been scarred since .... i knew i was wrong for that.....i just felt like i was angry at him cuz he was absent. and as i got to kno him....i saw how cool he really is how i could talk to him bout most anything.
i felt closer to him than my rigid stoic mother who never hugged me or anything. or ever spent any time with me.
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by zeb04(f): 4:19am On Aug 11, 2014
Very sad stories sad

1 Like

Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by dwag: 8:46am On Aug 11, 2014
January27: Is it by force?
just saw dis and I had a good laugh. grin
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by esther4real(f): 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
Is it for real... hope it isn't a scam.?
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Val22(m): 1:07am On Aug 12, 2014
Jennydoris:

That's a difference case altogether. A strict father is always a loving father. Mine is so strict that we fear him more than my mum but then he is more understanding, loving and caring to the core. He hardly allows us to mingle with people especially the opposite sex, I mean I and my sisters. He hardly flogs or spanks us but his scary looking eyes when ever we are doing something that is not pleasing in his sight is more great a flog or spank. Those days in primary and secondary school once your teacher gives u a text or class exercise and you fail like three or more of the questions you are very sure to get the exact of that number of questions that you failed. It even worsens if you didn't do your correction(s). That's a double wahala for your buttocks. grin. Seriously it wasn't funny. We feared him to the extent that we hardly request for money from him rather we have to go through my mum. We are always happy when ever he travels and changes our mood when he returns or is about to. But all these didn't stop him from loving us. He buys more sweet items for us than my mum. Even when he flogs u he will call u close and say one sweet words like "Nne or Nna please don't do this again" am doing all this for your own good" u won't understand it now but in the nearest future you definitely will" and he will say sorry." those words alone are so soothing and comforting. But seriously my mum will not flog u and tell u sorry rather she will find another means to give u another round of beating shocked. Lol. She is also lovely and caring but not like my dad. Then in our neighbourhood my dad is the only father that goes to market and buys clothes for his children. Well he may not be the only one but am sure he is among the very few. Now we understand more why he does all of his actions then and so I and my siblings grew more fond of him that we wish forever to see him every minute of our life's. So u see been strict is a different thing altogether. Mine is strict but it's a lovely 'strictness' lol. That's if there is a word like that. I love my dad and I also love my mum because she will forever be my besty and confidante. I pray God to give me a man like my father that will help in raising my heavenly kids with me. I rate my papa 10/20.

Similar to my family
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by Saraha1(f): 2:20am On Aug 12, 2014
God have mercy.
Re: How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) by dstnd: 1:34am On Aug 14, 2014
thank u all for ur sincere comments and words of encouragement ........love u all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! / Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story / S.O.S. Saving The 'Black Family' From Extinction.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.