Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! (4849 Views)

Mention Your Most Embarrassing Moments With The Opposite Sex. / His Dad Died But He Didnt Cry / My Husband Thinks I Lied 2 Him About My Virginity Bcz I Didnt Bleed The 1st Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
hardbody:

In my project wriiten as a partial fulfillment of my first degree, i even mentioned thus...'to the woman whom we both don't know it yet will mean a lot to me in my life.....or something to that effect

I had no girl friend then let alone a wife to be...

My point is, that guy here should have found a way of mentioning the OP even if negatively
...tru...lemme sight mine as example....i duely acknwleged my HOD,my level adviser,my supervisor....i didnt mentn any lecturers name except dos ones...i just sed 'to all d teachn n non-teachn staff'....i also acknwldgd my parent n my siblings n dats all....i rememba acknwldgn all my friends n classmates but neva mentioned anybodys name....back to d topic,u knw i sed wat d guy did was so unfair....mayb we shud nt jump to conclusn n strt assuming just like dat.....dis guy might also av his reasons....
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by mployer(m): 8:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
Op is confused. She penned down several reasons she doesn't deserve the acknowledge yet she went on longing for it.

Acknowledging you will amount to telling lies and I'm sure you are not dating a lier. Stay with the truth and work around it.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Felixjude(m): 8:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
One thing with overly ambitious and people focused people is that they hate to be distracted from their focus even from the ones they love. The guy in question seems disciplined and falls into this category. For him, he may just be doing the needful without necessarily omitting your name on purpose, while you are there crying for nothing. For him to accept you back after the split shows he truly loves you...to think that he even has options. Now worry less about that, concentrate on being a good companion and partner on his way to huge success. Goodluck!
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by shizzle11(m): 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
aisha2:

My sister, me I was even thinking I was over reacting but I put myself in the guys shoe just imagine.

Poster, I said it before work on yourself, the more I read the more I notice:

1. You feel entitled to certain things not caring how the other person feels. (Why wouldnt he acknowledge me even though I was unsupportive but still he should have acknowledged me)

2. You feel justified ( He must have seen something good in me to come back)

3. You dont seem to understand clearly when you are wrong and keep pushing other peoples buttons even when they say stop (I felt it was business as usual till he stopped picking my calls)

We all learn and grow, but one cannot learn till they open their minds and hearts to the wants and needs of others.

Am sorry if you think you are justified in getting upset over something you clearly didnt earn then you still havent learned.

You are NOT entitled to benefits, You EARN them, this you didnt earn, work hard next time and earn an acknowledgement, its not automatic
Op that's all I have to say to you verbatim @bolded

aisha please feel free to charge me for plagiarism
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by fluffyp: 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
aisha2: Go and work on your insecurity before you commit murder suicide one day.

Why should he acknowledge you? Aknowledgement is for those who SUPPORTED him you didnt support him, left to you he would have failed, you wont let him read or attend lectures in peace why then do you think you deserve a mention?
You are not in love but obsessed, when he wants to travel on official trips am sure you will raise hell, when he stays in same hotel with colleagues I doubt you will let him sleep with monitoring calls.

Are you jobless or just a monitoring spirit?
. Three gbosas for you
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ceasar1: Let's be honesty here, You deserve an acknowledgment. It doesn't matter what you did to him but as partners now, he ought to acknowledge you as a pillar of support in one way or the other.

#BTW, I don't know why some peeps here vent their frustrated life's in their comments. Give it a rest jeez!
Was thinking the same thing, since they are back together.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
IfyAngela:
Was thinking the same thing, since they are back together.

Yap, he ought to.
# How was your day? smiley
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by DukeNija(m): 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
Kanwulia: It is okay to feel hurt.
You don't have to win all the time.
Take it as a punishment for YOUR bad behavior in the past.
You have 2 options.

1. Ask him why your name was omitted for he may not have thought about it. kiss
2. Let him be. It might be a test. Some battles are not worth fighting and everything does not have to be about YOU! kiss

You too mauch! We dey ya back like mount Sinai! kiss

1 Like

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by IDEApro(m): 11:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
Why will a sensible person acknowledge a ''girlfriend'' in an academic work? Not that you played a spectacular role worthy of mention.
Op, you are a disturbance and I suppose that guy knows what he's bargaining.

1 Like

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 11, 2014
Ceasar1:

Yap, he ought to.
# How was your day? smiley
She has to try and get past it though.

Had a great day yesterday cool
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by dBard: 9:50am On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

My sister, me I was even thinking I was over reacting but I put myself in the guys shoe just imagine.

1. You feel entitled to certain things not caring how the other person feels. (Why wouldnt he acknowledge me even though I was unsupportive but still he should have acknowledged me)

3. You dont seem to understand clearly when you are wrong and keep pushing other peoples buttons even when they say stop (I felt it was business as usual till he stopped picking my calls)

We all learn and grow, but one cannot learn till they open their minds and hearts to the wants and needs of others.

Am sorry if you think you are justified in getting upset over something you clearly didnt earn then you still havent learned.

You are NOT entitled to benefits, You EARN them, this you didnt earn, work hard next time and earn an acknowledgement, its not automatic

Lemme take a timeout to acknowledge u f making so much sense.

10000likes.

last paragraph is a gem of an advice
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Amhappy(f): 5:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
If i were you OP,i wont expect any acknowledgement. He has forgiven you but may have given you the promotion on trial. Do not go back to your old self.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by vanitty: 6:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ask him bluntly why you were not mentioned. That is the only way this will be resolved. If you feel entitled, so be it, talk to your mr.

So many things appear petty to people, but to me it is a huge deal and I am sure it is vice versa.

There is an evil streak in the man if he told you he did that mainly because you did not support him. You need to watch that.

So many times, I am sure most have not entirely supported a decision made by their better half but when it turns out well, the chorus was ( me and my wife/husband)

One thing I know is if we are treated the way we deserve at times in relationship, infact there would be none

Sort this out now

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by touchmeder: 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
Its a good thing you let the issue go. Its not every battle that must be won. You said you guys made up at the tail end, he could have still added you but heyho life goes on. If I were you one day I will briefly touch on it and just say the tin do you. I won't raise dust about it or begin crying or sulking. It will be good to know why he did so but again don't lose sleep over it. I hope u don't have a vindictive boyfriend. Goodluck
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by soulglo: 9:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
divalishis: I started dating this guy x years ago. A couple of months into the relationship, he told me he wanted to further his studies. Well, I wasn't in full support. And a short while latter after he started fully, I became very insecure as it was a long distance relationship.

I didn't ask How lectures were going. If he wanted to Read in the library I'd accuse him of seeing other girls Since he would tell me he couldn't pick my calls in the library.

We would argue and bicker before exams and sometimes spend the night talking it out and exams were the next day. To Please me, he didn't keep late nights Since all I accused him of was cheating.

He would tell me I was hurting him, wasn't allowing him concentrate. But I continued.

I guess it became too much as after a particularly serious fight, he told me it was over. I thought it was business as usual until I saw he wouldn't pick my calls or talk to me.

Days stretched into months, months into a year. Two.
All my attempts at reconciliation were rebuffed.

Then I got a breakthrough. He gave us another chance. Things have been going on well as we have both matured and i know never to act like i used to.

At this point, he was doing the final corrections to his thesis. He was supposed to have finished But his new busy job delayed him.

I saw the final draft and noticed he omitted my name from the acknowledgment, even though we were back together. He thanked his profs, his family, his friends, his roommates. He mentioned people by their name. Even those that did minor favours for him, he mentioned. But mine is nowhere to be found.

Am I justified to feel so sad, angry even. Considering the fact that we are getting married, don't I deserve a mention? He made a distinction in his thesis and it hurts that he doesn't see me as one of those who went with him on that academic journey. Has he even truly forgiven me?

You still have not learned your lesson. You were not supportive of him. In fact you caused him a lot of pain. Take it as a lesson.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by clemmonce(m): 11:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ceasar1: Let's be honesty here, You deserve an acknowledgment. It doesn't matter what you did to him but as partners now, he ought to acknowledge you as a pillar of support in one way or the other.

#BTW, I don't know why some peeps here vent their frustrated life's in their comments. Give it a rest jeez!
must you insult people?. The way you reason a matter will be quite from the way another person will reason it. you are the one that needs rest.

1 Like

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by angiemartinez(f): 10:22am On Aug 12, 2014
i thought am the only one that saw it. hope it continues sha
crackhaus:
Hmmmm...

Someone decided to make sense today. Indeed there is a God.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by 2goodbobo(m): 3:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
go and ask him the damn question not us grin
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Lenzz(m): 1:45am On Aug 14, 2014
aisha2:

Solid...
I wish most women would see ds submission and try to play by it.

Trust, affection, loyalty and ultimately love are all earned thru unwavering committment, unalloyed support, nd sheer sacrifice. These offshoots of labour nd hardwork have not and has never been served on a platter. Our women must come around this reality nd make necessary adjustments. I'm thrilled a woman made this salient observation. This is 2014 pls

Nice one aisha. Kudos

1 Like

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Nobody: 3:14am On Aug 14, 2014
divalishis: I started dating this guy x years ago. A couple of months into the relationship, he told me he wanted to further his studies. Well, I wasn't in full support. And a short while latter after he started fully, I became very insecure as it was a long distance relationship.

I didn't ask How lectures were going. If he wanted to Read in the library I'd accuse him of seeing other girls Since he would tell me he couldn't pick my calls in the library.

We would argue and bicker before exams and sometimes spend the night talking it out and exams were the next day. To Please me, he didn't keep late nights Since all I accused him of was cheating.

He would tell me I was hurting him, wasn't allowing him concentrate. But I continued.

I guess it became too much as after a particularly serious fight, he told me it was over. I thought it was business as usual until I saw he wouldn't pick my calls or talk to me.

Days stretched into months, months into a year. Two.
All my attempts at reconciliation were rebuffed.

Then I got a breakthrough. He gave us another chance. Things have been going on well as we have both matured and i know never to act like i used to.

At this point, he was doing the final corrections to his thesis. He was supposed to have finished But his new busy job delayed him.

I saw the final draft and noticed he omitted my name from the acknowledgment, even though we were back together. He thanked his profs, his family, his friends, his roommates. He mentioned people by their name. Even those that did minor favours for him, he mentioned. But mine is nowhere to be found.

Am I justified to feel so sad, angry even. Considering the fact that we are getting married, don't I deserve a mention? He made a distinction in his thesis and it hurts that he doesn't see me as one of those who went with him on that academic journey. Has he even truly forgiven me?

I feel very sorry for this young man
Honestly I am worried for him
His first hunch was the right one cry cry cry cry

A woman that didn't support you furthering your education and did everything in her power to sabotage all your efforts.
You get rid of her and stand firmly on that for two solid years despite her pleas and all of a sudden you had your guards down and allowed her manipulate her ways back into your life and here she is on NL reporting you to us for not acknowledging her in your sweat that she didn't want to come to fruition.

GOd please save this young man from this woman
Open his eyes o Lord to see what we see
If it's juju that she used to tie you,I scatter it in Jesus name
Give him the strength to say no to this obsessive conniving female that may destroy him eventually when it doesn't go her way
This I pray in Jesus Mighty name
Amen
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Nobody: 3:34am On Aug 14, 2014
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by Nobody: 3:37am On Aug 14, 2014
aisha2: Go and work on your insecurity before you commit murder suicide one day.

Why should he acknowledge you? Aknowledgement is for those who SUPPORTED him you didnt support him, left to you he would have failed, you wont let him read or attend lectures in peace why then do you think you deserve a mention?
You are not in love but obsessed, when he wants to travel on official trips am sure you will raise hell, when he stays in same hotel with colleagues I doubt you will let him sleep with monitoring calls.

Are you jobless or just a monitoring spirit?

Maybe the man is even using idea to tell her to step and she has refused to see it

Op , gather up your dignity and move on
Is he the only man in your hometown
Giving you the benefit of the doubt,If indeed you have learned from your mistakes,go ye and practice it on another man
Too much has happened here
Obviously the man hasn't forgotten and perhaps forgiven the pain you caused him
And he has shown you that
Your sins obviously outweigh whatever good you think you are to him and the bobo has spoken it out loud and clear.
Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by divalishis: 9:42am On Aug 17, 2014
It's just so amazing How people feel they have the right to call me names, to point hands in self righteous anger. So How are you any different from my 'abusive' self?

You would rather see the cup as half empty than half full. You would rather fester in the details of the past than what is going on now. If men were God...I wonder what would happen.

Maybe you people should leave some of your studies on abuse and pore over the True meaning of being sadistic and vindictive.
#sighsad

1 Like

Re: He Didnt Mention Me In His Acknowledgment! by pickabeau1: 11:12am On Aug 17, 2014
divalishis: It's just so amazing How people feel they have the right to call me names, to point hands in self righteous anger. So How are you any different from my 'abusive' self?

You would rather see the cup as half empty than half full. You would rather fester in the details of the past than what is going on now. If men were God...I wonder what would happen.

Maybe you people should leave some of your studies on abuse and pore over the True meaning of being sadistic and vindictive.
#sighsad

I went to your profile n noticed u joined 2010
You should be used to NL.
Pick the relevant posts and leave the rest

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! / I Will Cheat On My Wife For A Good S*x Anyday. A Nairalander Bares It All. / Please Help My Family We Are Starving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.