Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,561 members, 7,843,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (833297 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by deehusby60: 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hello men and women of honour, My girl friend just graduated from Uni Maidugiri, with 2nd class upper, she's going for youth corp next month. She's from North East (Christian Hausa) she's willing to go for her master's in Canada, Please can anyone put us through in finding a cheap school and offcourse admission procedure. Your contributions is welcomed. Thanks you all!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
double08:

It was sent to my mail
Thanks for reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
blink6:

wait o!
is birth cert that important?

birth certificate is important....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by larryshow40: 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
eddy20:
birth certificate is important....

so how long is it going to take
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 6:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
larryshow40:

so how long is it going to take
go to a government hospital and ask if they can prepare it or go to high and ask den for age declaration for international purpose
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
deehusby60:
Hello men and women of honour, My girl friend just graduated from Uni Maidugiri, with 2nd class upper, she's going for youth corp next month. She's from North East (Christian Hausa) she's willing to go for her master's in Canada, Please can anyone put us through in finding a cheap school and offcourse admission procedure. Your contributions is welcomed. Thanks you all!

@ bolded, totally not needed

Firstly, introduce her to the thread. Check www.aucc.ca for the list of canadian universities and from there you'll be able to browse through each school with her course interest and also check the tuition cost. The word cheap is a relative term but the usual suspect of schools with low tuition are (not limited to): Memorial Uni, Uni of Manitoba, Uni of Regina, Uni of Victoria, Uni of Winnipeg etc.

As for the Admission procedure, its nothing out of the extraordinary, check each school's website where the procedure is outlined and you also have the option of contacting admissions officers of the school if you have questions.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kruxit: 8:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
MrArams how d weather dey treat u?..Ogosh2k, realone1, tebbyosi and others (silent observers inclusive) who av done medicals I declare dat our list of hopefuls shall be flooded wit rounds of TRV collection and more medical calls dis week. Pls dont forget to list ur docs once u crox d bridge.. more pple wit plans of applyin to schs and TRV join d thread on daily basis. Oga Siga pls help bring chrigo et missbon bak ooo ....dem don forget us ni?

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 8:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
deehusby60:
In addition,check uni of saskatchewan,uni of alberta... They are relatively cheap too. But most importantly use the web given to you by the profs here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 9:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
kruxit:
MrArams how d weather dey treat u?..Ogosh2k, realone1, tebbyosi and others (silent observers inclusive) who av done medicals I declare dat our list of hopefuls shall be flooded wit rounds of TRV collection and more medical calls dis week. Pls dont forget to list ur docs once u crox d bridge.. more pple wit plans of applyin to schs and TRV join d thread on daily basis. Oga Siga pls help bring chrigo et missbon bak ooo ....dem don forget us ni?

Boss, the weather hot today cold tomoro, nobody understand am jare. Soon and very soon we go go freeze in canny weather grin How ur syd? have you being requested to submit ur passport?

Have a lovely week!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Blackkie: 9:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
America is now rejecting students from Nigeria" due to Ebola - this will never be our portion!https://www.nairaland.com/1957077/texas-college-rejects-nigerian-applicant#27282925

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vinci500: 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
please did you get a project supervisor before applying? and what course did you apply for?
edwinbiz:
hello guys, the admission package i got from the university of regina has a letter that goes like "congratulations on your admission" etc. Please is this my acceptance letter?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 9:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
bukky1989:
Pls, has anybody who applied September been called for medical. I'm so tired of waiting. Anxiety is killing one here undecided

lolz cheesy Not only you ma, you can check the TRV expectant list to have an idea the period you will likely be called.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
edwinbiz:
hello guys, the admission package i got from the university of regina has a letter that goes like "congratulations on your admission" etc. Please is this my acceptance letter?

Sample LOA http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/letter.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nimeeex: 9:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
H
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by twaintoy(f): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
Why is Canadian visa this hard to get? Na wa oo. I was talking to a friend yesterday abt this canada stuff and how long it takes to get the visa, told him it takes 2 to 3 months, na so he just shouted and said UK visa no too dey tey.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by fxsly: 10:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
hello online routers and canny verterans what do we think of this question...i noticed as u modify your questionare ur checklist also changes

also i seem not to find a place where i can upload my transcritps, DOB, etc

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
vinci500:
please did you get a project supervisor before applying? and what course did you apply for?
Yea that should be your LOA. Did you use an address with a Po.box or p.m.b while applying?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=edwinbiz post=27260167][/quote]

Yea... Applied for TRV already.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ada4all: 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hi. Please I need advice. I want to study real property assessment and appraisal at seneca college but was advised against it. Reason being that I would not get a job as a property valuer in canada. Please is this true? I would like to know the course to study as MSc or PGD that would easily get me a job in canada after graduating.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stevemims(m): 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
Yea that should be your LOA. Did you use an address with a Po.box or p.m.b while applying?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
stevemims:
In addition,check uni of saskatchewan,uni of alberta... They are relatively cheap too. But most importantly use the web given to you by the profs here

These schools ain't cheap mate. Uni Alberta? Come on.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chukwudioriji: 11:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hello guy good day all happy Sunday . pls I love the good work going on here , u guys Sud keep it on . I am new pls can someone tell me the procedures of getting a visa to Canada pls . I am interested
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hello people,

I've tried to no avail to compress my pdf files and I compressed it from 30mb to about 5mb. It looked legible but obviously too large for online application. I further compressed it and now it's too tiny to read.

Now considering the paper route. Do I have to send it through DHL or I can drop it off myself?

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 11:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
jaylinaa:
Hello people,

I've tried to no avail to compress my pdf files and I compressed it from 30mb to about 5mb. It looked legible but obviously too large for online application. I further compressed it and now it's too tiny to read.

Now considering the paper route. Do I have to send it through DHL or I can drop it off myself?

Thanks.
When u compress to 5mb, just convert to Word where you still can see the file and manually reduce it again by adjusting each ends.
But to think its too tiny is an understanment. Those dudes has got correct gadgets to bold and convert any tiny doc to visible/legible Pixel.

Goodluck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 11:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
jaylinaa:
Hello people,

Thanks.
you can send it through VFS in Lagos.Vfs is canada application center.Go to google,type 'canada visa application center Nigeria' when it opens u will get their address there....that's where u can apply for TRV through paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kruxit: 11:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
jaylinaa:
Hello people,

Thanks.
lets try compressing it further...d compression hurdle is beta dan d waitin period for paper route. Firstly...how did u create d pdf file....compression stats frm dat stage
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ManTiger(m): 11:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
Wishing everyone a blessed and prosperous week ahead.

More goodnews to the house.

Goodnight and God bless.

ManTiger Signing off.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hi,

Abi oh. I thought so too but it's getting impossible.

After scanning the documents, they were in jpg format so I used smallpdf.com to convert and merge the documents and then it came to about 30mb. smallpdf.com was only able to compress to 24mb. Then I used some other website and it ended up being 5mb which is where I am now sad

kruxit:
lets try compressing it further...d compression hurdle is beta dan d waitin period for paper route. Firstly...how did u create d pdf file....compression stats frm dat stage

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
Thanks a lot.

I will try it and tell you if it works.

Goodnight smiley

ManTiger:

When u compress to 5mb, just convert to Word where you still can see the file and manually reduce it again by adjusting each ends.
But to think its too tiny is an understanment. Those dudes has got correct gadgets to bold and convert any tiny doc to visible/legible Pixel.

Goodluck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
Thank you so much.

Currently considering that route. This online scanning issue is wearing me out.

Thanks again.

eddy20:
you can send it through VFS in Lagos.Vfs is canada application center.Go to google,type 'canada visa application center Nigeria' when it opens u will get their address there....that's where u can apply for TRV through paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chukwudioriji: 2:14am On Oct 20, 2014
Good morning all pls I am new to this trend . I need ur advise .. I Studied electrical electronics engineering and I want to travel to Canada pls can any one help and gauid me on how to go about it. Thanks and God bless u all

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.