Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (825572 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 12:33am On Oct 27, 2014
bayocanny:
Welldone forumite have been a spectator on this thread for some yrs ago and this is first time to comment, I want to as a question oo
What are the other way of entering to canada except this study route cus all the money wey u guys they mention here my papa no get am
Is there any other way to enta canny except study?
I wan go hustle ni sha oo
Thanks in anticipation

Sure! There are other ways to enter Canada. But most naija hustlers in Canada (from what I know) came in through the "study" option. And most advanced countries , like Canada, wont grant you visa until you have demonstrated some high standard of financial stability (aka, u have to show money).

You can check out the Federal Skilled Worker program. I woulda suggested a visiting visa but from what you're saying, you don't plan to just go and come back after a few days, lol. I know Nigerians always have a way with these things but I doubt you will find such discussions on open threads like this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 12:36am On Oct 27, 2014
redribs:

When you read posts you were mentioned in, from your mentions, you will see your name highlighted in it... I'm guessing that's what happened

Thanks boss. I got to know that after I click on "submit" and there was no way I could recall my post to u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 12:37am On Oct 27, 2014
diamondsare4eva:
Can I go ahead and do my medicals before I submit my online application or wait till they request that from me?
How much is the medicals please?

Holu26:

If your FAITH IN GOD is strong, then I recommend you do the medical before submitting.

That's exactly what I did and I know I am not going to be disappointed

Hmmm! I was actually seriously considering this o, but I was thinking there is a reference letter giving instructions ...

Anyways, I think medicals is about 28k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by diamondsare4eva: 12:45am On Oct 27, 2014
@holu26, please where did you do the medical? Do they allow walk ins or I have to book an appointment? Please what's the cost?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 1:23am On Oct 27, 2014
diamondsare4eva:
@holu26, please where did you do the medical? Do they allow walk ins or I have to book an appointment? Please what's the cost?

The recommend physician (children practice) at Ikoyi. You need not book appointment prior to going, but do make sure u arrive there latest by 9am so that you can be attended to that same day
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 1:30am On Oct 27, 2014
redribs:

Hmmm! I was actually seriously considering this o, but I was thinking there is a reference letter giving instructions ...

Anyways, I think medicals is about 28k

No reference letter before doing an upfront medical exam, but once u are done with d medical exam you will be given a medical form that must be submitted with your TRV application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ada4all: 2:16am On Oct 27, 2014
Habeeb521:
let me guess, are you actually looking for a very high tuition college where you can study. Alberta is not the only provinces bro trying checking others out. Believe me province has got noting to do wif education unless u got ur own reasons.

First, I ain't a "bro". Second, I have applied to 3 colleges in ontario already. I want to spread my tentacles. I heard there is work in calgary that is why I am asking.

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by britiko: 2:46am On Oct 27, 2014
olayanjuke:

Bro i dey come Humber for January oh. How far with accommodation arrangements. I want to make plans before i leave Naija
I'm good. Check places4students.com. choose Humber lakeshore campus. U can also check kijiji.ca. on kijiji, choose etobicoke or kipling for location.
Let's know ow it goes..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by britiko: 2:56am On Oct 27, 2014
Mcjimmy:
@Honorable Siga please sir I would love to know if changing the course being given to someone could be possible when one gets to canny and even before finishing the program can that person change the course?....please sir I need to know..... Thanks

Just to add to Oga sigas reply. Make sure, the school offers d other course u want to change to as a precaution. Ask for their refunds policy.
Else, some schls such as centennial college will deduct 2600 dols non refundable fee. And make you undergo some rigorous letter writing to them and immigration that you want to transfer to another schl(assuming they don't offer ur second choice course).
I don't think u want to go through all dat wahala as a newbie and during winter...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:35am On Oct 27, 2014
lakusi:

Tanx alot bro ... I jux wish my peeps cud see dis n stop asking me to apply to dis kinda Uni ... mayb I wud try U of A, bt it has to b within Alberta as I was advised ... I tire ooo ... What u fink man?
University of Alberta.. That one is even harder to gain admission into than Uni Calgary.
you can try both as long as you have a first class or very solid 2.1 cgpa. God's favor can speak for you.

But like someone advised, you can try Lethbridge uni. It's not as stringent as Alberta and Calgary.

redribs:

Getting admission in Universities abroad is not automatic for 2-1 candidates, especially if you are applying to a very competitive program. There are other factors to consider like time of application (there is usually a planned limit for intakes and admission officers consider applicants on a first-come first-serve basis), prerequisite courses (there are certain courses you need to have passed with a C atleast, in your undergrad), statement of purpose (a convincing one will earn you points that will make up for lost ones) and even good results from an english proficiency test even though it's not a general requirement (again, this can also earn you points when the competition is really stiff)... Work experience in a related field/industry can also come in handy for some programs but I think it's mostly considered for applicants with low grades.

And yes, don't even put more than one egg in a basket... the more baskets, the better your chances (basic rule of probability wink)

All the best
Nice one. You forgot to mention that some university also rank applicants academically. And with so many first class students among the Chinese and Indian applicants, the selection process becomes more competitive.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 6:05am On Oct 27, 2014
This week is our week of medicals and does awaiting trv in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by moshood1993(m): 6:46am On Oct 27, 2014
olamonsor2:
This week is our week of medicals and does awaiting trv in Jesus name
AMIN

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mcjimmy(m): 7:11am On Oct 27, 2014
britiko:

Just to add to Oga sigas reply. Make sure, the school offers d other course u want to change to as a precaution. Ask for their refunds policy.
Else, some schls such as centennial college will deduct 2600 dols non refundable fee. And make you undergo some rigorous letter writing to them and immigration that you want to transfer to another schl(assuming they don't offer ur second choice course).
I don't think u want to go through all dat wahala as a newbie and during winter...

Actually graduated with 2:2 in Accounting Education and when I wanted to apply to a uni , I intended applying for business management or tourism management and I have 101 reasons for studying either of those two courses, but due to all this Canada visa policy shit. someone told me it would be difficult for me to get admission in those courses with my certificate stating Bsc(Ed) and he gave me reasons and instances which I understood quite well. I was then advised to go for Early Childhood care Education and Development cos I did so many courses related to that and it's all in my transcript and now conestoga college gave me admission on that course. My worry is this, if the certificate on this program is marketable and my chances of getting a good job while schooling in Canada without considering the course I am doing in the uni..... I have done much research though and I can see some funny job placement after the program. So that's why I want to change to business management in that same school or hospitality management..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by jojcanada(f): 8:02am On Oct 27, 2014
tiebe:
Please, if i lived/schooled in dubai for a yr in 2008, and worked in uk in 2010 for 7 months before returning to nigeria, does anyone know if it's necessary to get police certificate from all the places one has lived for more than 6 months or is it just the country i have lived in the last 6 months that's required?

I believe it says if you have lived in any country for more than six months since you turned 18. I had to do for UK. Pretty straight forward.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BoniTa08(f): 8:29am On Oct 27, 2014
Hi guys, please how difficult is it getting admission into university of manitoba and university of ottawa. I applied for Masters in Public Administration. I dont know how competitive that course is cos i learnt that some programs are very competitive. Thanks in advance for your answers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by usman1973: 10:07am On Oct 27, 2014
Pls I need a copy of d SOP
usman1973@yahoo.com
Thnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by stayboy1602: 10:15am On Oct 27, 2014
Any morming good news
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by newbie2014: 10:32am On Oct 27, 2014
This week will be a week of smiles, joy and happiness amen. Let the Good news flow out.Check your cic page

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by adeneo: 11:02am On Oct 27, 2014
Hello mates.. please I need a copy of SOP.. my email: neyo42006@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 11:19am On Oct 27, 2014
kruxit:
@ giftUG, warrikid,georgey2k, lillspicey i tried sending u PMs but did get any response... pls use this SOP as a guide (some info hidden though).. all the best
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eakamvdo0yeg9lk/sopguide.docx?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kaqh5vcem36mcfh/SOP%20Naira.docx?dl=0
wink
Thanks @kruxit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by showfz(m): 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
Make this people start to dey call people wey submit for September for Medicals na. Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iykedare(m): 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2014
I m just getting frustrated. Its very difficult getting a school that offer civil eng pgd. All I see is just diploma. Has anyone been lucky getting pgd in any engineering course? angry angry angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GiftUg(f): 12:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
kruxit:
@ giftUG, warrikid,georgey2k, lillspicey i tried sending u PMs but did get any response... pls use this SOP as a guide (some info hidden though).. all the best
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eakamvdo0yeg9lk/sopguide.docx?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kaqh5vcem36mcfh/SOP%20Naira.docx?dl=0
wink

Thanks a lot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by diamondsare4eva: 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
@holu26.how long does it take the medical to be out?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2014
Lol nice one bro... But i guess na from 40days afta u submit application sha.. Today is my 27th day.. I de look 2nd week November make ma medicals show face. But who knows... The thing for come earlier sef cos the God I serve no be wood...

We will be victorious in Jesus name

showfz:
Make this people start to dey call people wey submit for September for Medicals na. Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tolaengr: 1:22pm On Oct 27, 2014
kaynine59:
Lol nice one bro... But i guess na from 40days afta u submit application sha.. Today is my 27th day.. I de look 2nd week November make ma medicals show face. But who knows... The thing for come earlier sef cos the God I serve no be wood...

We will be victorious in Jesus name

No news yet please lets the good news start coming in .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kepner(f): 1:27pm On Oct 27, 2014
kelvinbp:

I have a 2:1..was turned down by U of R twice..guess I madr d mistake of puttn all ma eggs in 1 basket..tho I did it on advice from a couz who is based round d sch

Yeah you did. I normally advice friends to be ready to apply to 3 or 4 schools just to be safe. And since you have a 2.1 (hopefully a strong one) 3 will be just fine.
You could check out schools like MUN, Ottawa, Manitoba, SFU, Dalhousie...if they have the course you'll prefer. From what I know these schools are not crazy expensive and still have good rankings.
All the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Dafinest4life(m): 1:38pm On Oct 27, 2014
So who is next on the list

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.