Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,181 members, 7,849,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:10 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (834744 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 9:19pm On Nov 26, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Abeg oo
Naija ppl don go speak pigin for MUN and now dey are demanding for IELTS/TOEFL from nigerians saying we hv complicated languages... grin grin

loool... We need to colonize them with pidgin.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
lilspiceyy:
Gd evening house, I took my IELTS exam September 2013. I don't knw if it is still valid for a new application or I have to write another one. Someone pls help me with an ans thanks.
it has a two year validity.I read through about your delay,in every disappointment there's a blessing.

I applied to your school,am currently waiting for a medical call up. I also applied to a schools in the UK. I sent you a PM..if its okay,we can talk.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 9:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
lilspiceyy:
Gd evening house, I took my IELTS exam September 2013. I don't knw if it is still valid for a new application or I have to write another one. Someone pls help me with an ans thanks.

IELTS result is valid for 2 years
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 10:46pm On Nov 26, 2014
ganezo2000:
Can anyone help me with a cheap flight from Lag-Tor, do i need to book a round trip or just one way ticket since my course is a 3 yrs course
Try Ethiopian airline and one way of course.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 10:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
WESTERNCR:
Hi good peeps in the house. just a quick question, a friend has an admission for Sept 2015. can he apply for TRV now?
Let him/her gather the required documents now and apply by January/February.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
zizytd:

Yea, but d problem am having is that I want to start the application without gre and toefl score, I know u can gain admission without dem but having a good score can secure u some part scholarship,I want to start with other applications while I write gre and toefl in January. Is it possible, or must I submit all d requirements @ once
Since your admission is for September, why not write your gre/toefl first before applying?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by okchris: 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
HELLO HOUSE, I AM NEW HERE. I WAS WONDERING, IS IT A MUST TO SUBMIT UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT AND WAEC RESULT FOR CANADIAN STUDENT VISA? PGD. ONLINE ROUTE.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
when do u intend on leaving check out turkish @www.wakanow.com well becos of the increase in dollar total amount i paid altogether was N145,911 i did dat transaction yesterday nd am leaving next week saturday
ganezo2000:
Can anyone help me with a cheap flight from Lag-Tor, do i need to book a round trip or just one way ticket since my course is a 3 yrs course

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
sup boss hw u doin
akanni:

Try Ethiopian airline and one way of course.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 11:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
tianadiva:
when do u intend on leaving check out turkish @www.wakanow.com well becos of the increase in dollar total amount i paid altogether was N145,911 i did dat transaction yesterday nd am leaving next week saturday

When is ur start date?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 11:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
tianadiva:
sup boss hw u doin

my manitoban colleague, i dey, lol, all roads now is to olds college alberta.I cannot wait till next fall for manitoba, wanna start sthg now.
will probably come after my program for my masters in manitoba or work depending on which comes first.
ow preparations?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
zizytd:

Yea, but d problem am having is that I want to start the application without gre and toefl score, I know u can gain admission without dem but having a good score can secure u some part scholarship,I want to start with other applications while I write gre and toefl in January. Is it possible, or must I submit all d requirements @ once

You must submit all requirements before the deadline.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
6th january 2015
double08:

When is ur start date?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
alryt den,prep going gud tnx
akanni:

my manitoban colleague, i dey, lol, all roads now is to olds college alberta.I cannot wait till next fall for manitoba, wanna start sthg now.
will probably come after my program for my masters in manitoba or work depending on which comes first.
ow preparations?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:02am On Nov 27, 2014
@all

I read through all ur comments n am having serious headache angry angry angry sad sad cry cry cry cry cry ,some ar quite confusing though.

Anyway, am planning on doin my masters in Canada,prolly an environmental course or IT related.....

I need ur suggestion on universities (low tuition fees), ball pack cost of living, criteria to gettiin a CN student visa,, any info that u fink would be of help.

regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DebohBaron(m): 3:15am On Nov 27, 2014
Nope, I dint.

mrnilobrawn:

Did u submit your employment details and soa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 27, 2014
@tianadiva thanks, i will check in with turkish air.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 5:20am On Nov 27, 2014
Shyee:

it seems the IELTS issue has to do with the program of study. I applied to Eng'ring dept in August for Fall 2015, I only used English as medium of instruction. Yes for MUN

Second UG Economics. Fall as well. Na dem sabi
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 5:21am On Nov 27, 2014
stevemims:
Bro are you for UG or PG? Wana knw if it affects PG applicants. Thanks

UG. I think it depends on ur program pf study. Plus I'm a sis grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 5:23am On Nov 27, 2014
emperoracro:

Mumu pple,its now dey know dat,i av applied already spent close to 50k already,idiots!

Not just you, just figured that they don't have any reasonable excuse to give so I fashied them. It's to ask schools if they require Ietls before applying before I waste my money again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 5:24am On Nov 27, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Abeg oo
Naija ppl don go speak pigin for MUN and now dey are demanding for IELTS/TOEFL from nigerians saying we hv complicated languages... grin grin

Lol. Btw, r u writing it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 5:40am On Nov 27, 2014
MrArams:
I think we should stop giving people false hope. How many Nigerian universities accept 3rd class graduates into their masters program? Least of all Canada....haba

With my 2'1, Concordia denied me for a 2nd ug with 3.6gp then masters? Hmmm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 5:40am On Nov 27, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Ok, check Usask they hav PGD in chemical Engr. Though when I was applying the program was suspended dont know if its now open.
Try and exploit all uni offering the course (also consider there fees) before looking into colleges.

You need to take your time, no rushing.
Very importantly, pen down your letter of intent ready and try to correlate all your work experiences, research and design project into it. I would hv sent u mine as a guide, but am stil in the process.

This site will list all school that offer chem engr (both MSc, M.Eng, PGD & PGC)
http://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/

Pls do u know a site like this for colleges apart from Ontario colleges? Need to try out colleges, Concordia denied me admission saying that my 3.6gpa is low for 2nd ug and mun is acting up, pls help with a site for colleges.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nabylet(f): 6:02am On Nov 27, 2014
Oga @baaleofmontreal I sight u. after 3months waiting on Concordia and spending all my money, they denied me admission saying my cgpa of 3.6 is low for second ug cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pampem: 6:05am On Nov 27, 2014
Nabylet:

Pls do u know a site like this for colleges apart from Ontario colleges? Need to try out colleges, Concordia denied me admission saying that my 3.6gpa is low for 2nd ug and mun is acting up, pls help with a site for colleges.

Morning, Why not put in for MA Economics since you have Bsc Economics already! MUN only needs letter of proficiency in English for MA, no toefl
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 6:11am On Nov 27, 2014
Nabylet:

Not just you, just figured that they don't have any reasonable excuse to give so I fashied them. It's to ask schools if they require Ietls before applying before I waste my money again

My sister,i asked them before,that should be arund June,July n was told by Isaac Keir dat Nigerians were exempted,now afta applyin,by oct first n spendin over 30k sendin transcript to dem, dey ar now sayin i sud send test of eng cert to dem n also send waec transcript directly from waec as if na free waec go do am. I wish i can sue that school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 6:19am On Nov 27, 2014
Nabylet:
Oga @baaleofmontreal I sight u. after 3months waiting on Concordia and spending all my money, they denied me admission saying my cgpa of 3.6 is low for second ug cry

Y u no wan go Ontario?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 6:57am On Nov 27, 2014
@Nabylet; why second UG?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by zizytd(m): 6:59am On Nov 27, 2014
akanni:

Since your admission is for September, why not write your gre/toefl first before applying?
Have written toefl b4. I got 78 Bt d score is not high, I will re-write it, but dat gre dae fear me sha, the writing part and d verbal part. But I have to challenge myself to write them by January.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by emperoracro(m): 7:27am On Nov 27, 2014
Joe980:
@Nabylet; why second UG?

Oga Joe, pls do u knw anytin abt applyin to ontario col tru ontariocolleges.ca?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 8:17am On Nov 27, 2014
Nabylet:

My dear, I kept my peace in order not to appear as an antagonist. You know we believe in miracles
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 9:27am On Nov 27, 2014
MrArams:
My dear, I kept my peace in order not to appear as antagonist. You know we believe in miracles

That's why I advice mailing the graduate office first. For example, on USak websites, they said a 2"1 can apply for Msc. I mailed teh grad office of the department and the grad secretary told me explicitly that if I am from Nigeria and I did not make a 1st class, I should not bother applying.

Different Schools; Different Rules. Different Departments within the same school; Different Rules. But everything looks cool on paper or on the website.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.