Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,201 members, 7,835,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (830721 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by zizytd(m): 7:08am On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by zizytd(m): 7:13am On Nov 30, 2014
realone01:
@pchax @Tsola6, I had 3.87/5.00 n also studied computer science, I got an msc. Computer sci admission at UofR without going through the stress of getting a supervisor. I also kno of a friend(we finished frm d same dept) with 3.65 cgpa, he got an msc. Computer sci admission(not thesis based tho) at concordia uni, montreal. I think it depends on individual school and the applicants that are applying during the period in which u applied cause their admission competitive.

Pchax I dey always lik ur post bro smileyKeep up the good work
Pls did u write gre to gain d admission, dis computer science tin don tire me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Tsola6: 7:16am On Nov 30, 2014
Dam12:
please can someone apply for the PBD directly from here to FSU, UBC with a 2:2 nd move on to masters afterwards....nd what are the likely documents to submit for the admission
Yes u can. Primarily u shud submit ur transcript, fill d application online n pay d fees. U apply tru the undergrad online application system, den u select PBD wen ure fillin it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Dam12: 7:43am On Nov 30, 2014
Tsola6:

Yes u can. Primarily u shud submit ur transcript, fill d application online n pay d fees. U apply tru the undergrad online application system, den u select PBD wen ure fillin it.
Ok thanks...is the admission for this PBD kinda sure regardless of cgpa, I'm asking because I had a 2:2 nd how much is the cost like in those schs esp SFU
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Tsola6: 7:50am On Nov 30, 2014
Dam12:
Ok thanks...is the admission for this PBD kinda sure regardless of cgpa, I'm asking because I had a 2:2 nd how much is the cost like in those schs esp SFU
Not sure UBC offers PBD atal sef, but u cud chck ursef, as for sfu, the admission is sure as long as ur 2.2 Cpga meets the minimum, n d cost depends on ow many units u would have to complete i.e,if u ve no background in d course u want to do the PBD in, u would ve to do more units dan some1 who has a background already, so ur fees would b more. Jst chck deir site, tz al dere.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyzdan: 8:01am On Nov 30, 2014
Sorry, you wont get except the embassy send you email to proceed for it or you do upfront, that is doing it before you apply for your visa.
Goodluck
Teeboy22:

up front as how....what am saying is dat i needs it for visa processing...where can i get it and d price
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Dam12: 8:03am On Nov 30, 2014
Tsola6:

Not sure UBC offers PBD atal sef, but u cud chck ursef, as for sfu, the admission is sure as long as ur 2.2 Cpga meets the minimum, n d cost depends on ow many units u would have to complete i.e,if u ve no background in d course u want to do the PBD in, u would ve to do more units dan some1 who has a background already, so ur fees would b more. Jst chck deir site, tz al dere.
Thanks so much...i will like to move to another course entirely diff from my undergraduate course. I hp the masters will be a year tho
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 8:26am On Nov 30, 2014
lilspiceyy:
@cufs, @tinuola, @redribs sir and medical hopefuls in da house how is the wait? We shall all smile in the end don't worry. Where is @kaynine59? grin I dey hail oooooo. God ain't sleeping brother. smiley.

thanks for the encouragement dear. I celebrate in advance... the anticipation could be really tense tho. phew!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 8:35am On Nov 30, 2014
Happy Sunday er'1.....And a new week too.

I pray that God will fill our mouths with testimonies this week... starting from breakthroughs in our families to medical call up to TRV approval to landing safely in Canada and to live the Canadian dream... Amen.

#God ain't sleeping

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 8:46am On Nov 30, 2014
mrnilobrawn:
[b]LETS KEEP OUR FAITH STRONG...
GOD IS STILL GOD AND I COVER THIS LIST WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS.

Positive response to everyone...

1. standupguy: OCTOBER 8, Conestoga college, online, PG
2. redribs: OCTOBER 10, UOttawa, Online, PG.
3. meritdee: OCTOBER 10, Humber, online, Adv dip
4. Cufs: OCTOBER 14, Uni of Lethbridge, paper, 2nd UG.
5. Babahor: OCTOBER 15, seneca college, online, PG.
6. showfz: OCTOBER 16, Red River college, online, diploma.
7. newbie2014: OCTOBER 16, GBC, online, PG.
8. moshood1993: OCTOBER 17, Lambton college, online, PG.
9. holyjacket: OCTOBER 17, U of Alberta, online, PG.
10. holu26: OCTOBER 17, Uni of Lethbridge, online, UG.
11. blink6: OCTOBER 21, MUN, online, UG.
12. Akinmoj: OCTOBER 20, Brandon Uni, Paper, UG.
13. chops33: OCTOBER 22, Brandon uni, online, UG.
14. Tnuola: OCTOBER 23, Lambton college, paper, PG.
14. basukajoe: October 24, Niagara College, Paper, PG
16 Joe980: NOVEMBER 1, UOttawa, paper, PG.
17. castiello: NOVEMBER 2, York University, online, PG.
18. Chuckie414: NOVEMBER 3 ,SAIT, paper, UG.
19. warrikid: NOVEMBER 4, Humber college, online, PG.
20. mrnilobrawn: Nov 6, UNB, Online, PG
21. mamula: NOVEMBER 17, Seneca, online, PG
22. bellniki1: Nov 19, Niagara college, paper.

If you have admission for spring or fall 2015..please begin to put your documents together..

FINAL UPDATE for Winters
[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 9:06am On Nov 30, 2014
No bro
zizytd:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 9:10am On Nov 30, 2014
U've to go to vfs
monp:
Hi all . Please I have a few questions. To collect the TRV following receipt of letter from CIC to collect TRV does one go to the embassy in Lagos or the visa application centre. If it is the embassy are there set days to collect TRV . AS per online application and TRV approved
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by epistlegcfr: 9:11am On Nov 30, 2014
Good morning everyone, I need your candid advice. I got a spring admission last week with a scholarship of 15,500. All glory to God.

However, I am on the verge of loosing that admission because my parent doesn't have fat account to show though that scholarship has covered all expenses, tuition, accomodation, and all. If I will need to add to that scholarship it shouldn't be more than 500-1000Cad. I have no rich uncle or aunt who could pose as my sponsor just to get the visa.

My dad,s financial standing as at when we had family meeting after I broke the goodnews was about 200k but he said he should have an inflow of 3M for a year.My dad spoke about loan but we don't know If he would be granted My mum has only 72,000 though with an inflow of about 1million because she is a thrift collector. I just finished helping my mum draft her request for loan letter from cooperative. She requuested a loan of 300k.And personally, I can raise 500k on my own cos I work . My monthly pay is 30k and I save very well

I want all the experts here to come to my rescue. Do I stand a chance at all or I should just forget about this? I am so confused right now about the financial aspect of this. Somebody help me!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Padike: 9:24am On Nov 30, 2014
[quote author=blink6 post=28463760][/quote]

Hello my NL family..I'm new here
I applied online for TRV nov 19th biometrics 20th. Carleton University, Ottawa MEng winter 2015. Hope it's not too late sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 9:36am On Nov 30, 2014
@epistlegcfr; what is your dad into?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Akin26: 9:57am On Nov 30, 2014
lovesavvi:
OK, U can deffer ur admission to may, Ur programme av may intake.

Thanks so much I will do just that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by epistlegcfr: 10:03am On Nov 30, 2014
Joe980:
@epistlegcfr; what is your dad into?
He is a lecturer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by zizytd(m): 10:18am On Nov 30, 2014
realone01:
No bro
Pls I visited their site but I didn't not see the admission page for computer science
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 10:51am On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by zizytd(m): 11:00am On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lassky(m): 11:05am On Nov 30, 2014
epistlegcfr:

He is a lecturer.
is d 500k in ur account already? Btw How much is ur tuition and which school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by epistlegcfr: 11:08am On Nov 30, 2014
lassky:
is d 500k in ur account already? Btw How much is ur tuition and which school?

MUN, 5718 cad for 6 semesters( 2years) according too expenses form not at the moment, yes I will have the 500k by next week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 11:26am On Nov 30, 2014
till you apply bro before you kno but I guess it's okay
zizytd:

Thanks, I have a gp of 3.65, hope is ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 11:27am On Nov 30, 2014
realone01:
@pchax @Tsola6, I had 3.87/5.00 n also studied computer science, I got an msc. Computer sci admission at UofR without going through the stress of getting a supervisor. I also kno of a friend(we finished frm d same dept) with 3.65 cgpa, he got an msc. Computer sci admission(not thesis based tho) at concordia uni, montreal. I think it depends on individual school and the applicants that are applying during the period in which u applied cause their admission competitive.

Pchax I dey always lik ur post bro smileyKeep up the good work

Yeah... not everyone should go through the stress of finding a supervisor. I decided to go through all that stress of getting a supervisor before sending my application because I wanted to apply to ONLY ONE SCHOOL. I didn't want to go through the stress and cost of applying for multiple transcripts from my school (10K each), sending and tracking the multiple applications and playing multiple application fees. Good to know there are quite a number of Nigerian computer scientists in Canada.

Glad you like my post because sometimes I feel I talk too much on this forum. Thanks! smiley

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lassky(m): 11:32am On Nov 30, 2014
epistlegcfr:

MUN, 5718 cad for 6 semesters( 2years) according too expenses form not at the moment, yes I will have the 500k by next week
oh cool I'm also in for mun bro, a friend like bro I met hre is also dre. lets relate wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 11:33am On Nov 30, 2014
zizytd:

I did not. It depends on the school. One of the first steps of my application process was to go through the admission requirements of the computer science department of the "top 30" schools. I filtered out those that do not need GRE. Off the top of my head, as at when I was doing my research, the notable schools that needed GRE for MSc Comp Sci were Toronto, Waterloo, York, Alberta and Queens just to mention a few. I did a matrix comparative analysis on each of the schools in terms of Fees, Scholarship, Cost of Living etc to know which ones I should "bombard" their professors with mails.
Just do your due diligence and you would find out the process is easy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by zizytd(m): 11:37am On Nov 30, 2014
realone01:
till you apply bro before you kno but I guess it's okay
Me just want to apply for 1 or 2 skuls, I no wan waste money o, Bt I will keep comparing skuls and prepare for my exams. Thanks once again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 11:42am On Nov 30, 2014
epistlegcfr:
Good morning everyone, I need your candid advice. I got a spring admission last week with a scholarship of 15,500. All glory to God.

However, I am on the verge of loosing that admission because my parent doesn't have fat account to show though that scholarship has covered all expenses, tuition, accomodation, and all. If I will need to add to that scholarship it shouldn't be more than 500-1000Cad. I have no rich uncle or aunt who could pose as my sponsor just to get the visa.

My dad,s financial standing as at when we had family meeting after I broke the goodnews was about 200k but he said he should have an inflow of 3M for a year.My dad spoke about loan but we don't know If he would be granted My mum has only 72,000 though with an inflow of about 1million because she is a thrift collector. I just finished helping my mum draft her request for loan letter from cooperative. She requuested a loan of 300k.And personally, I can raise 500k on my own cos I work . My monthly pay is 30k and I save very well

I want all the experts here to come to my rescue. Do I stand a chance at all or I should just forget about this? I am so confused right now about the financial aspect of this. Somebody help me!!

Hello Sir, Happy Sunday!

Firstly, congratulations on your admission. The funding is juicy cheesy

Your case is interesting and I know it would work out well at the end. Just to add my 2 cents as I trust the other gurus would chip in their own useful nuggets (***looks at Oga Siga***). Is it possible to get a job in the Uni now? Maybe you can talk to the Careers department of the school or something like that. I guess, a job and your scholarship without worrying your folks can convince the VOs that you are financially stable to take care of yourself.

Just to help brighten your day, I have seen someone get TRV without scholarship and a SOA of 2.4M (he had paid full school fess though). Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2014
temiosunrinde:
@pchax.......you have got a pm

Sorry baba... I don't have access to my PMs....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lassky(m): 11:44am On Nov 30, 2014
pchax:

Hello Sir, Happy Sunday!

Firstly, congratulations on your admission. The funding is juicy cheesy

Your case is interesting and I know it would work out well at the end. Just to add my 2 cents as I trust the other gurus would chip in their own useful nuggets (***looks at Oga Siga***). Is it possible to get a job in the Uni now? Maybe you can talk to the Careers department of the school or something like that. I guess, a job and your scholarship without worrying your folks can convince the VOs that you are financially stable to take care of yourself.

Just to help brighten your day, I have seen someone get TRV without scholarship and a SOA of 2.4M (he had paid full school fess though). Cheers!
I guess a job as a graduate assistant is already part of d fund
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Deeman1(m): 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
Siga:
... My Peps in Edmonton... How una dey cope... 30cm of snow and -36c windchill ....Not winter yet ooo... pele people.
Oga Siga long time bro.. True same here in Saskatoon o.. i no fit commot my front door.. i go post pictures..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lifzuz: 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
pls house I don't know if NECO can be accepted at any collage in Canada. thks

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.