Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (830801 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 5:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
monp:

How many times are u going to ask this.
Take your passport to the same place you did your biometrics.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Halimaah: 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
October29, online, humber college, Global business management , PGD.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by IyaEjima(f): 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hi Guys,
Got a mail from UofM saying my app has been reviewed fr eligibility, however b4 referring me to d selection committee, dey need info on d no of lecture hours per credit unit (for some requisite courses in my transcript).. Dey asked for my uni's website, which I sent and included my HOD's contact details..
Pls does any1 knw hw many lecture hours make up a credit unit in a typical Nig Uni? Wanna contact my HOD ahead wiv d right info b4 dey do cuz he fit go do guesswork if he doesn't knw.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 7:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
IyaEjima:
Hi Guys,
Got a mail from UofM saying my app has been reviewed fr eligibility, however b4 referring me to d selection committee, dey need info on d no of lecture hours per credit unit (for some requisite courses in my transcript).. Dey asked for my uni's website, which I sent and included my HOD's contact details..
Pls does any1 knw hw many lecture hours make up a credit unit in a typical Nig Uni? Wanna contact my HOD ahead wiv d right info b4 dey do cuz he fit go do guesswork if he doesn't knw.

I dunno about your former Uni, but in my former Uni, the units attached to a course determines the lecture hours per week. So a 4 Unit course, is 4 lecture hours per week (either 1 hour for 4 days, 2 hours for 2 days or 2 hours and 2 1-hours for 3 days). If you know the requisite courses they are asking for, you can check your potential school's undergrad website for those courses and their units and use that to compare to your former uni.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Padike: 7:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
redribs:

Carleton and Ottawa are neighbouring universities. In fact they have some collaboration programs in their engineering faculties. I am headed to Ottawa this January.

Oh nice then, have you got visa yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 8:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
like play like play we are at the 475 page 25 more pages. to go to part 7

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
pchax:

I dunno about your former Uni, but in my former Uni, the units attached to a course determines the lecture hours per week. So a 4 Unit course, is 4 lecture hours per week (either 1 hour for 4 days, 2 hours for 2 days or 2 hours and 2 1-hours for 3 days). If you know the requisite courses they are asking for, you can check your potential school's undergrad website for those courses and their units and use that to compare to your former uni.

The number of hours per week to be multiplied by 13 or 15 for weeks per semester depending on the number of weeks run in your school per sem

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 8:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
Please if you did upfront medicals, if your TRV have been approved, shouldn't you receive a mail from CIC first before your passport is dispatched?? My status has just changed ooh, saying it has been dispatched. Hian! I'm scared oohh..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
@ Cufs. Paper route or online?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
olamonsor2:
@ Cufs. Paper route or online?

Paper ooh, I'm confused..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
Cufs:

Paper ooh, I'm confused..
When did you get the notice...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 9:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Today
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 9:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
Cufs:

Today
today is SUNDAY oo hmmm
Hv to check mine too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 9:11pm On Nov 30, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Do you know any one that did upfront?? How did they know their fate?? Was a mail sent or its when they picked up the passport Biko?? Mehn, I dunno how I'm gna sleep tonight
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by a4larin: 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hello guys.

I have an admission to a University in Canada for graduate studies starting May 1, 2015. I as well have research funding from my supervisor over there starting September 2015. I already have all necessary documents in soft copies. I have also made an admission/tuition deposit to secure my space there.

My next action should be the visa application. I have a little confusion about when to make this application. I plan using the online application though. I am thinking there may be a rush of applicants at the Canadian embassy now and maybe it would affect the time dedicated to evaluate my application.

I want to know if its a proper time to apply for the visa now or I should just wait till January to avoid a mad rush. I will appreciate your sincere advise. Other ideas on important things I should include in the application would be appreciated too.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 9:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
[quote author=Cufs .. have u submitted ur int passport b4 ni? If yes. It shld be ur trv. Just my tot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
@Cufs....am praying with u tonight and heavens must hear US
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 9:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
olamonsor2:
[quote author=Cufs .. have u submitted ur int passport b4 ni? If yes. It shld be ur trv. Just my tot.

Paper route you have to submit your passport.
I'm confused because I thought that CIC will usually send a mail to notify you that it has been approved first.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 9:18pm On Nov 30, 2014
@ a4larin start applying anytime from jan 5. Gud luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 9:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
olamonsor2:
@ a4larin start applying anytime from jan 5. Gud luck.

I second this. Best of luck and Congrats on your admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Thanks dear, please do....Dear Lord, please help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2014
@tnuola sis,how is the wait,i mailed you back but yet to get a response... positive response to your request and others IJN

@MrArams..hmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 9:32pm On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
[quote author=Cufs post=28482450][/quote].
Despite the complications..pls remain positive and sleep soundly_think less. I believe you got to smile nd you should too..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
@ cufs, believe it is going to be goodnews.

You are in my prayer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
Holu26:
@ cufs, believe it is going to be goodnews.

You are in my prayer

Thanks dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

I also second this. It is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by opsynusy(f): 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
Cufs:

Thanks dear, please do....Dear Lord, please help
keep calm dear,it'll be in your favour

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 9:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
opsynusy:
@tnuola sis,how is the wait,i mailed you back but yet to get a response... positive response to your request and others IJN

@MrArams..hmmmmmmmm
Opsy dear wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by loladeoye: 10:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
i think someone in part five did...@ cufs. I also think someone came to this thread like a month ago saying she knew someone that did. will try to check back the thread for you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 10:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
loladeoye:
i think someone in part five did...@ cufs. I also think someone came to this thread like a month ago saying she knew someone that did. will try to check back the thread for you

I hope I do too... And it's just 6weeks lipsrsealed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 10:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
Cufs:

I hope I do too... And it's just 6weeks lipsrsealed
I did upfront too. Online

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.