Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (826035 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sidnigga: 10:07pm On Dec 05, 2014
pchax:

Glad that you found it helpful. Wish we had more to get more insights from. smiley
pchax can I get a copy of d SOP too...pls!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Bellniki1: 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2014
so sorry dear. If you have a good grade from UG, you could check out schools in the States that don't require GRE or GMAT. You never can tell......... just suggesting.

Cufs:
So, the news I thought I will never have to share again...the most dreaded "DELAYED" lipsrsealed so I finally got my passport today, and I've been denied the 3RD TIME, and at this point I don't know what else to do, whether to deliver my big head to CIC or what? I submitted every thing submit-able. I'm devastated, the way I'm seeing it, I won't bother to reapply again mbok....the stress of reapplying for the admission, even if I attempt again it will be for masters (gmat is compulsory for Management courses) and I nor even get. By the time i might have finished getting new admission and ready to reapply, the Medicals I've already done in October for don expire. So for now, I rest my case..lol.... sad

BTW Congratulations to all those who got theirs, wish you all a very safe trip to Canada grin. And for those of us that got delayed, if you have the grace, Repackage and Refire smiley people's cases are different, and sure urs will work....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Bellniki1: 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
so sorry for the delay. please defer and reapply. You will get that desired miracle in Jesus name. Amen

Dazlinga:
Pls Help oh...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BaaleofMontreal: 10:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
tianadiva:
please house wat is needed to submit at the point of entry

You have to show your passport and your admission letter (CAQ is required if your school is in Quebec)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2014
@MrArams @Bellniki1 & @vicarsenal thanks for the encouragement guys. wink smiley I appreciate the love.

@blink6 Nah, no be me talk so. But it seems true. I'm no longer anxious tho. I know it's coming next week grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vicarsenal(m): 11:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
[quote author=tolaengr post=28628936][/quote]
Its for a friend, he needs admission sharpaly.
Will PM u sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 8:43am On Dec 06, 2014
Hi medical awaitees smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lilspiceyy(f): 8:45am On Dec 06, 2014
Lovely weekend everyone smileyTo those awaiting medicals u shall receive God's favour. To those who got delayed please don't give up God ain't sleeping it's just a test of our faith let's remain strong and learn from our mistakes and to the TRV choppers travelling for winter session GO TO CANNY AND MAKE US AND YOUR FAMILY PROUD. grin.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 9:26am On Dec 06, 2014
Greetings to the house,
Pls for those that applied via paper route..

I have downloaded and filled the application form, what I'm confused able is the study permit checklist.. how do I go about it?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 9:52am On Dec 06, 2014
@siegfried99; print checklist also and tick all forms/documents you would submit. It is basically a guideline for you inorder not to miss any document and also a pointer for the V.O. You only need to place it on documents you are submitting.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 06, 2014
ok thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 10:50am On Dec 06, 2014
Joe980:
@siegfried99; print checklist also and tick all forms/documents you would submit. It is basically a guideline for you inorder not to miss any document and also a pointer for the V.O. You only need to place it on documents you are submitting.

Thanks wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
sidnigga:

pchax can I get a copy of d SOP too...pls!!!

Of course! It is open source smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Asalyn: 12:31pm On Dec 06, 2014
Hi guys....is Asaju still a recommended clinic for medicals by cic?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
Asalyn:

I don't think so.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cancity234: 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
Not listed again
Asalyn:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 06, 2014
pls peeps, i want to further my studies in Canada (masters). Presently, i dnt know hw to go abt it, i nid u to give me the neccessary info. Also do I need test of English and i can i process the application myself. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
pls peeps, i want to further my studies in Canada (masters). Presently, i dnt know hw to go abt it, i nid u to give me the neccessary info. Also do I need test of English and can i process the application myself? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TONYE001(m): 3:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
OK....

Knock,,,knock...knock...

I'm new here... Thanks all for letting me in..

My "case" is unique. My wife and I have been seeking admission overseas for a while now.

We started at Ghana where we both applied for Medicine and Surgery at KNUST. We ended up having Optometry and Pharmacy respectively but we declined.

We proceeded to Georgia's New Vision University where we both bagged admission into their MD program. We paid the complete tuition as required but we were denied visa.

We didn't reapply at Georgia as our agent explained that at that time, they weren't issuing visas to Nigerians due to the misconduct of Nigerians over there. We moved on again to Caribbean Island where we got another MD admission at Texila American University, Guyana. The Ebola incident spoilt our visa application.

All these applications took a whole lot of cash from us. Right now, due to certain reasons, we have given up on Medicine.

So what are we up to now? We just sent over ten e-mails to schools in Canada (today) declaring our intention to enroll for their Masters programmes. I would be going in for M. Sc Human Physiology while my wife would be going in for MPH. I am certain that by Monday/Tuesday, we would begin to get replies from these schools and then we would choose the best option for us.

So Nairalanders in the house, Justwise and all, we need you to guide and guard us through this path. We want to get it right this time. We want to do it ourselves, no agent would be involved this time around but if the house advises otherwise, we would still go back to our agent.

I believe that my questions may have been answered before.. I'll try to read as much as I can but this would be extremely difficult considering the bulk of pages already covered.

How do I go about this? Can I do without travel agents? How soon can I be granted VISA? How long does the entire process take? What is the average cost of tuition for M. Sc? Would I be needing IELTS?

Thanks all... smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TONYE001(m): 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2014
tsquare29:
pls peeps, i want to further my studies in Canada (masters). Presently, i dnt know hw to go abt it, i nid u to give me the neccessary info. Also do I need test of English and can i process the application myself? Thanks

Hello,

I know absolutely nothing about this Canada issue but I'll share with you what I did.

I went to Google, I obtained a comprehensive list of universities in Canada, I browsed through these schools, I identified and wrote to the schools that have my desired course. Right now, I'm awaiting their replies. University of Alberta has already replied me.

So, I think that you should identify a school that has your course first...and then start up from there.

House, please you guys should help us all...we are new s'íl vous plait...

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
@ TONYE001. Greet yourself and wife congratulations because u hav come to d right section. You are d best agent. Get a school, apply to the school, Nigeria is english speaking country, you dont need Sat , toefl.etc. when u get ur admission. House will help you to package your application for visa. Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Anugoson(m): 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
@ Tonye001 in addition...u and ur wife can't apply at the same time for visa,is either u go first then she joins u later,or the other way round,cos the VO go reason say una wan run from comot from naija,ur family can serve as a hometie for u,the sooner u can get ur visa depends on the sooner u gain ur admission .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TONYE001(m): 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
Anugoson:
@ Tonye001 in addition...u and ur wife can't apply at the same time for visa,is either u go first then she joins u later,or the other way round,cos the VO go reason say una wan run from comot from naija,ur family can serve as a hometie for u,the sooner u can get ur visa depends on the sooner u gain ur admission .

Hmmm... This is serious! Are you saying that there is no other option? We MUST go together... Hmm... This doesn't sound good o..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TONYE001(m): 5:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
Does this mean that a husband and his wife can't study at the same time? There must be a better alternative!

I can't leave my wife behind, no, I can't.

What other option do I have aside going alone?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
TONYE001:

Hello,

I know absolutely nothing about this Canada issue but I'll share with you what I did.

I went to Google, I obtained a comprehensive list of universities in Canada, I browsed through these schools, I identified and wrote to the schools that have my desired course. Right now, I'm awaiting their replies. University of Alberta has already replied me.

So, I think that you should identify a school that has your course first...and then start up from there.

House, please you guys should help us all...we are new s'íl vous plait...
tanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
TONYE001:
Does this mean that a husband and his wife can't study at the same time? There must be a better alternative!

I can't leave my wife behind, no, I can't.

What other option do I have aside going alone?

Oga, you can try your luck... But, it is better one of you go first.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TONYE001(m): 6:38pm On Dec 06, 2014
blink6:

Oga, you can try your luck... But, it is better one of you go first.

Hmm... sad

OK, let's say my wife goes first, how much time would I now have before joining her? Months? Years?

Secondly, what'll happen to my admission when I gain it? Do I differ it?

What if I use a job to demonstrate this "tie" you all are talking about?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TONYE001(m): 6:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
Please Olamonsor2, what can you say about this "tie" issue?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by olamonsor2: 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
@ TONYE001. One can apply for summer and d other for winter. Abeg do it like dat. Or u can apply together and differ ur admission. Very simply an clear.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by TONYE001(m): 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
olamonsor2:
@ TONYE001. One can apply for summer and d other for winter. Abeg do it like dat. Or u can apply together and differ ur admission. Very simply an clear.

Thanks to you and to all. I appreciate.

Since we have already started sending application letters, I'll defer mine and have her go first. My question is: If she goes first and I apply later, won't they say that my wife is over there already and that I have no tie to bring me back home?

My cousin mentioned to me that though the school may not demand for IELTS but we should write it..he said it would serve as an added advantage.. True?

I beg make una no vex for me o.. Na JJC I be..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sidnigga: 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
pchax:

Of course! It is open source smiley
post d link to download it on your dropbox..plssssss

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by moshood1993(m): 7:26pm On Dec 06, 2014
sidnigga:

post d link to download it on your dropbox..plssssss
yes oo..please pchax

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.