Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,171 members, 7,835,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (830691 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DFodio(m): 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
pyzdan: @Dfodio, it is the school that gave me the option
Since the school gave you that choice. Then I guess it's fine to pick any of them. But if I was in your shoes. I would pick Regina. I won't want to be far from major activities since the main campus is situated there. Just an opinion brother. Good luck in your choice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akosh005: 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
chizzy01: safest journey dear. takia

@ chizzy01, longest tym, wat up with u. @chichi89 I wish safe flight to mapleland. Cheerssssss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Cufs(f): 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ok, please I'm back with my weird questions again, but I need ur answers please smiley

Do the embassy call your previous employers?.... I'm kind of worried because I want to include my present employer as a past employer, and my dad's company as my current employer. If you understand what I mean undecided

Reason:
1) I'm not yet confirmed, therefore getting a reference letter and study leave letter from my present employer will be impossible.
2) I'm supposed to be sponsored by my dad's company, and I can easily get a reference letter from them.

Why am I bothered?
I'm scared that if they actually call previous employers, they may find out I that I still work with the organization.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lonewolf001: 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
hello guys am planning to do a masters in chemical engineering in canada please wat are the best schools i can apply to that are not too difficult to get into............ i earlier applied to mcmaster and alberta for msc in chem engineerin but was not offered admission even though i met the requirements they sed my application was not competitive enough i wanna apply again......... any sugestions would be great.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tokiniofficial(m): 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
Leaving tomorrow guys grin

I'm here asking any advice for a first timer and how to do checks, etc

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Lols I guess bogan fish

Lol. u are real funny lovelydamsel

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 10:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
Cufs: Ok, please I'm back with my weird questions again, but I need ur answers please smiley

Do the embassy call your previous employers?.... I'm kind of worried because I want to include my present employer as a past employer, and my dad's company as my current employer. If you understand what I mean undecided

Reason:
1) I'm not yet confirmed, therefore getting a reference letter and study leave letter from my present employer will be impossible.
2) I'm supposed to be sponsored by my dad's company, and I can easily get a reference letter from them.

Why am I bothered?
I'm scared that if they actually call previous employers, they may find out I that I still work with the organization.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

in my own opinion they don't contact ur employer except in a rare case but definitely not ur past employer...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lonewolf001: hello guys am planning to do a masters in chemical engineering in canada please wat are the best schools i can apply to that are not too difficult to get into............ i earlier applied to mcmaster and alberta for msc in chem engineerin but was not offered admission even though i met the requirements they sed my application was not competitive enough i wanna apply again......... any sugestions would be great.....

best schools are always competitive that's why they are best. u might want to consider less competitive ones.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ifegy: 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ajamu30: Hello Admin,please I want to know duration of family nomination program in Canada,thank u.

Ask here: https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
kennycooly: PLEASE I NEED ADVICE FROM ANYONE..my uncle is my sponsor and am about to start my application online but he said he cant send some documents like bank statement and that he can only send it to canada embassy direct...my question is that can it possible for him to send the personal documents direct to the embassy either via electronic means...please someone should advice on what i can do....Thanks

If u are applying online, give your uncle your user name and password so that he can upload the financial documents wherever he is

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 11:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
LyfeJennings: i need someone to please help me with form imm1294.... im having issues downloading it

Upgrade your PDF application or use a system that has an upgraded version. I won't advise u use a cybercafe except if u don't have access to internet at home. It's just my advise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 11:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
ManTiger:
Thanks boss, i was able to compress and merge into MSword to form a docx, please have i done the right thing?
though ms word is part of the format.

Since doc format is one of the allowed format. I believe u av done d right thing. Success in your application

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 11:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
cman4good: please, my sponsor is my uncle with different surname, are my to fill his family details in my family information form.
Secondly, are my print my family inform, Letter of Explanation and sign before uploading.....
please i need your urgent advise....

The family information form is meant for your immediate family members so you are not expected to fill your uncle info in it. I think your uncle is from your mother side, so u will need to get birth certificate of your mum and that of your uncle as part of your supporting document.
You are advise to fill your visa application (including the family information form) on a computer in order to minimize the likelihood of error.
If you are submitting online, you are not required to print and sign d documents except if you are submitting via paper route. Success in your application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mohammedbashir: 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
TeamclicksAir: sup... whats the issue? perhaps i could be of help

Hello Bro.. Pls if one takes a flight that is going through the US, do you need a transit visa even if you're not stepping out of the airport? Or it is just the basic requirement when passing through? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mohammedbashir: 11:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
Kicon:

Thank you Mohammedbashir for your prompt response. I will do as advised.

Please note: I submitted through online, Do i need to make enquiry through Accra too ?

God mercies for us all ...

...Yes pls. They ll definitely give you a reply. R'membr to quote your passport no and Ref no.. Sorry for d late response. And pls do asap.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 12:09am On Aug 28, 2014
warrikid: "Dem no dey carry Electronics go China o". (Read inbetween the lines).
most of the stuff I'm taking are of sentimental value and cannot be replaced. so this quote/saying does not apply to me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kjbobo: 12:11am On Aug 28, 2014
GboyegaD:

That's so nice to know. Learnt you finished from Pharmacy however, I'm not sure I have much friends in your set except 2 of my roommates that were your set.
Interesting..I backed up a lil and saw that the 'culprit':saxywale had a chat with you. ..he was the one I was referring to. ...lol...yup I finished a set after you guys. ..trust you are good. ..
All the best bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 12:13am On Aug 28, 2014
thanks Amefrica. I don't mind paying for excess luggage but I'm not big on lugging heavy stuff around. I've sent
most of my stuff already so I get to travel light like guys wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 28, 2014
ValerieXO: thanks Amefrica. I don't mind paying for excess luggage but I'm not big on lugging heavy stuff around. I've sent
most of my stuff already so I get to travel light like guys wink

cheesy cheesy
Good move! Safe trip..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by gentpeace: 12:24am On Aug 28, 2014
pls who knows if i can apply for canadian study visa from another country,or will they request that i must come back to apply from Nigeria ?, @ amefrica pls help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kclexa(m): 12:28am On Aug 28, 2014
Mohammedbashir:

Hello Bro.. Pls if one takes a flight that is going through the US, do you need a transit visa even if you're not stepping out of the airport? Or it is just the basic requirement when passing through? Thanks

YES, you need a transit visa to pass through the US even if you will be seating in the airplane all through your layover.

Just keep off the US route if you don't have a US visa except you want to return to naija before you reach Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kclexa(m): 12:36am On Aug 28, 2014
gentpeace: pls who knows if i can apply for canadian study visa from another country,or will they request that i must come back to apply from Nigeria ?, @ amefrica pls help

You can apply from any country, where you reside. No need to return to nauja before applying except you are just visiting that country and/or may need to leave your present country of residence before the processing time runs out

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vanrichie4u: 12:37am On Aug 28, 2014
How can one get a transit visa if he/she wants to go tru the US?. I'm not yet on this stage though, I'm just being inquisitive.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 12:39am On Aug 28, 2014
Finestlex: . Accommodation is my biggest challenge at the moment. How do I go about it... I need it asaply.. Would appreciate if you can help

Guess we're in same shoes, except dat I neva leave naija.. Leaving on 31st Aug.. Abeg, did u get ur homestay in naija or when u reached canny? I'm looking for one close to UofT and wondering if I can get something lyk dat @ Pearson airport...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by gentpeace: 12:47am On Aug 28, 2014
kclexa:

You can apply from any country, where you reside. No need to return to nauja before applying except you are just visiting that country and/or may need to leave your present country of residence before the processing time runs out
thanks man
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Mohammedbashir: 12:56am On Aug 28, 2014
kclexa:

YES, you need a transit visa to pass through the US even if you will be seating in the airplane all through your layover.

Just keep off the US route if you don't have a US visa except you want to return to naija before you reach Canada

Thanks bro. Appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Finestlex(m): 1:31am On Aug 28, 2014
Beamn4real:

Guess we're in same shoes, except dat I neva leave naija.. Leaving on 31st Aug.. Abeg, did u get ur homestay in naija or when u reached canny? I'm looking for one close to UofT and wondering if I can get something lyk dat @ Pearson airport...
. I got mine when I got here. But I'll advice you to use Google map. Search for home stay around your skl. You'll see their number on the internet, call them and book. Tell them you coming so so date. So when you land, you just take a taxi to the place. Them no dey price taxi here. As e dey drive dey go, e go dey read for the screen. You go see for yourself. They have a map paper where all addresses and prices to drive to there. Safe trip in advance

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:13am On Aug 28, 2014
Anyone going to Ottawa?
I'm in Brampton atm, moving to Ottawa this weekend for sch.
Only want to meet peepz cuz idk anyone there. sad undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bighead1(m): 2:41am On Aug 28, 2014
yomisley: pls House am in the process of applying to a school i came across these options. pls which of the too can i choose for international student

Previous High School Graduates (no subsequent post-secondary study completed). Documents required: Official final high school transcript (and/or certificate) identifying courses completed, grades received and confirmation of official Graduation Status.*

International Baccalaureate (IB) Student. Documents required: Either an interim transcript identifying courses and predicted grades(current IB student); Or an official and final IB transcript (previous IB graduate).*

Previous high school Graduate sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 3:06am On Aug 28, 2014
kennycooly: PLEASE I NEED ADVICE FROM ANYONE..my uncle is my sponsor and am about to start my application online but he said he cant send some documents like bank statement and that he can only send it to canada embassy direct...my question is that can it possible for him to send the personal documents direct to the embassy either via electronic means...please someone should advice on what i can do....Thanks

Please don't let anyone confuse you. Someone had this same issue and was adviced on what to do. Read the early pages of this part. Your uncle could address his so a to the embassy in a sealed envelope.. Just please read and find those posts the person got a lot of great answers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 3:07am On Aug 28, 2014
lovelydamsel: Na wa o the way some peeps come to conclusion when advising someone is really amazing...like seriously?

Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 3:09am On Aug 28, 2014
please i want to know if i can get a police clearance or police stations in Lagos next tomrrw... plz ur advise and information. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.