Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists (2486 Views)

#thelist Trends On Twitter As Nigerians Await Buhari's Ministers / #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments / Photo Of The Day As Nigerians Await The Announcement Of Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists by eejo(m): 12:56am On Aug 11, 2014
in war truth is the first casuality we need a reporter from those town
Re: As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists by Dibiachukwu: 1:44am On Aug 11, 2014
Re: As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists by Nobody: 3:18am On Aug 11, 2014
Fruits of hausa fulani born -to-rule leadership.
keept it up
Re: As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 11, 2014
signz:

I have a question, is there any law in the new testament banning Christians from defending themselves?

I don't really get it why we always fold our hands not just in Nigeria but world over and watch these savages butcher fellow Christians with reckless abandon.

Our Lord Jesus never asked us to fight. We only respond by prayer.
Re: As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists by nduchucks: 4:40am On Aug 11, 2014
tit:

You will get emotional and make mistakes like we are seeing.
The best thing is to remove all northern moslim soldiers from the NE theatre.
It is not easy for brother to fight brother.

I disagree with you on this. Your idea will simply turn the fight against terrorism into a religious war - a very bad idea.
Re: As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists by onatisi(m): 5:00am On Aug 11, 2014
I think It is very unfair for ppl to say that muslim withing the military are traitors. Nigerians must realise that these militants don't spare anybody,according to reports the chief iman of gwoza was slaughtered when the town fell to the militants ,secondly nigerians have to realise thatt muslims have taken the brunt of these boko haram attacks most. Most of the towns that fell and most of those slaughtered and killed are muslims .this is a war against nigeria and nigerians and not against muslims . The muslims in the army are killed daily by the militants .these boko haram miliants have no respect for religion ,I have not read a report where boko haram captures a soldier and releases him because he is a muslim . Nigerians must unite against these group and nigerians must also realise thatt this militant group has spread its tentacles all over nigeria .this isn't a war of borno alone ,no where in nigeria is immuned against the strikes and attacks of boko haram as this was proven in the bomb blast that occurred in lagos .
Re: As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists by ideycraze: 6:46am On Aug 11, 2014
jusRadical: There is a serious onslaught in the world against Christians by Islam and the government of various countries.

The funny thing is that Christians are busy denying this. Look at what is happening in India, Iraq, Nigeria, Sudan, America, Europe, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc.

We Christians are busy playing church and denomination. Busy chasing shadows like prosperity, healing, breakthrough, etc.

What a shame.

I earnestly pray for the revival of the church of Christ world wide.
You are damn wrong .The Boko haram menace is not a fight against xtians,it is a fight against all Nigerians.
Re: As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists by EasternLeopard: 7:21am On Aug 11, 2014
Ibnsultan: The insurgents are from mali,chad,cameroon,libya,sudan,car. Most of them aint Nigerians. The military infantry branch is made of mostly Northerners

Na lie oooo

Most of those guys are Nigerians
Re: As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists by opportunist: 7:49am On Aug 11, 2014
If i were jonathan i'll get serious and level those boko held towns. We are more than capable militarily. The inhabitants shld not be spared too they obviously sympatethic to d terorists cause: KILL EM ALL!!!

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 11, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Na lie oooo

so u think. 70 are mercenaries from the conflict in chad,niger and sudan
Re: As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 11, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Na lie oooo

so u think. 70 are mercenaries from the conflict in chad,niger and sudan..

1 Like

Re: As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists by tit(f): 4:43am On Aug 12, 2014
nduchucks:

I disagree with you on this. Your idea will simply turn the fight against terrorism into a religious war - a very bad idea.

Most Nigerian soldiers do not want to fight Boko Haram.
You read of their wives and children obstructing deployment of soldiers.
Is your own different?
Why do you insist on being in the fight against Boko Haram?
You are being given a leeway to get out of trouble
But you want to be in a fight you do not want.
Re: As Nigerians Sleep, Towns In Borno Fall To Jihadists by nduchucks: 6:10am On Aug 12, 2014
tit:

Most Nigerian soldiers do not want to fight Boko Haram.
You read of their wives and children obstructing deployment of soldiers.
Is your own different?

Did you not also read that the wives and children were simply demanding quality fighting equipment for the soldiers since scores of their husbands and fathers have been killed by Boko Haram in Borno State in the last few months?

Why do you insist on being in the fight against Boko Haram?
You are being given a leeway to get out of trouble
But you want to be in a fight you do not want.

You are making these seemingly baseless assertions without regard for the realities on ground. When your neighbors kidnap your children, kill your relative, bomb and destroy your towns, you insist on defending yourself! Do not let your prejudices becloud your better judgement.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgent Igbo Matter / APC / GOV Amaechi Causing Mayhem In Rivers State. / Wahala:Tinubu And Amaechi In A Serious Clash Over Senate President Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.