Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram (34341 Views)

Soldiers Conveying Goods Step On Mine At Nigeria/cameroon Border. Graphic Photos / Customs Impounds 3 Trailers In Katsina, Conveying Contraband Goods / Soldiers Conveying Foodstuff To Troops Ambushed By Boko Haram Men, 2 Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by atlwireles: 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
tit:

Give civilians one week to leave the town. All they have to do is trek about 5 miles out of town. (the sick, the old, the infirm).
The Americans did it in Fallujah. gave civilians time to get out and then moved in the devil-dogs. (unfortunately, they went into hand to hand street to street fighting with the (xIraqi army) Sunni militants. i would have shelled every damn single house in fallujah till we have total fire suppression)

The gunshots should give them enough notice. The people still remaining after the artillery fire, should to be seen as boko haram friendly.

1 Like

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by atlwireles: 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
tit:

I read about General Grant and the US civil war yesterday. The NA has to stay in contact with BH for sustained periods. They can replace their losses. BH cannot do so as rapidly. The losses, sabotage, ambushes and mistakes should be anticipated and planned for. I do not call for wholesale adoption of Grants WW I strategy.
In Sierra Leone, the NA fought against the Sierra Leone Army which defected and joined the rebellion against Tejan kabbah(?). Like Biafran officers, the "Sobels" doctrine was dictated by their conventional training in Sandhurst and Poms(?) etc. This must have made it easy for the NA officers to understand the enemy and deal with them.
Against BH, you are against a doctrine incumbated by the Americans in the mountains of Afghanistan. This has morphed with experience from all over the world: Chad vs Libya, Long Range Desert Patrol, Hezbollah, Aideed, Hamas, ISIL. The NA red-necks better sit down and start taking notes.

There is only one thing keeping this so called war on our news bulletin. Politics, politics politics. Nigeria army killed more Liberians than the rebels ever did. . When you heard those guns blazing you ran. Not running made you an enemy and death was the alternative . Boko haram is feasting on their political support. QED
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by EasternLeopard: 8:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
atlwireles:

The gunshots should give them enough notice. The people still remains after artillery fire, should to be seen as boko haram friendly.

Now you are talking

Withdraw the civilians and shell the area before entering

Their homes will be rebuilt years later
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by atlwireles: 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Now you are talking

Withdraw the civilians and shell the area before entering

Their homes will be rebuilt years later

This has always been my point, boko haram is not going to last 24 hrs against the army. But the politics of the war is keep this mad men on my TV screen.
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by EasternLeopard: 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
atlwireles:

This has always been my point, boko haram is not going to last 24 hrs against the army. But the politics of the war is keep this mad men on my TV screen.

This time they should enter with longer range AA guns, gprs to help artillery units locate their positions and shell any opposing power and employ guerrilla fighters to kill only their commanders in order to deprive them a good experienced command structure
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by donodion(m): 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
Emeca: At this very moment, this country is not worth dying for.

If these soldiers protest, they would be court-martialled, shuld they abandon their duties, a heavier punishment awaits them. The only option available is to go fight a heavily-armed enemy with inferior weapons; not dat the country is poor and cannot afford better weapons but because of corruption and uncaring attitude by those at d helm.

I feel the pain of these women. This is d much they can do to try change the situation.

10000000000 likes

2 Likes

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by DECOtech(m): 8:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ibnsultan: Hmmmm. Allow the gentlemen to fufill their oat
Are you that insensitive? Are they going to fulfill their oats with table forks and knives? Did you not read the post before commenting? Did they take an oat to just go and die without reason, meaning or result? Are you even ok in the head?
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by suwailad(f): 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
you all just yapping, the truth is GEJ IS A FAILURE! PDP IS A SHITTHOLE!
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by ojialo(m): 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
Emeca: One wonders what EXACTLY d billions of dollars spent on fighting the insurgency is used for.
that money is used to buy ammunitions and logistics, every army personnel on special duty is paid N5000 per day. but honestly we need latest weapon not the AKs .
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Wealthlex(m): 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
I wonder wht Gef is doing about dis militra suprem dat re eating wht should be use to fight dis boko haram.janatha u hv to creat d pane committe dat we be enforce any money send on dis issue
lanotipo: hmmm
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Redstone(m): 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nigerian Army needs complete overhaul starting from personnel to equipment. How can we not have an army that could halt this menace.
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by EkoIle1: 9:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
alekside: Does it mean defense budget is spent on salaries alone? cry

Not only defense budget, 80% of Nigerian's budget is recurrent (Meaning paying salaries and maintaining the government)

The 20% left over is capital for roads, bridges and other infrastructures or for the rest of the country (170 million people) to scramble for.

Even the 20% gets stolen and embezzled and this is the reason why you have poor or non existing infrastructures. There's just no money left to do anything for Nigerians and this is the reason why they borrow everyday to do everything just like GEJ asking to borrow $1 billion to fight Boko Haram.

Nigerians are just too bastardized to read between the lines and ask serious because this man is basically saying he is not doing anything about BH unless we let him borrow $1 billion.

Wives preventing their poorly equipped husbands, sons and brothers from government sanctioned suicide mission is another sad and disheartening chapter we are getting saddled with.

Do you blame the women? Of course not. Sending your fighting men to confront better equipped and motivated sadists and terrorists is criminal and irresponsible....but they don't care

1 Like

Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
lanrefront1: no one can blame them
omo some idiots wil stil abuse d soldiers
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
hardbody: Just sad. Why murder these patriotic men? I am just tired of this rubbish, why don't they even resign en masse and let BH overrun the North once and for all times so that they can have the north of their dream.
fool
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by wizzyblast(m): 10:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
this is all too sad...you guys are right, BH is utilising the coexistence of civilians in those places they control... guess thats why we've not been able to call in an air strike... i mean, i wouldn't remain there if i wanted to live... on the same page, the civilians should move out... if thats done, we'd have a lot of options to choose from and end this once and for all... airstrikes, unmanned drones would really seem effective!!!
the corruption has really eaten deep!! i'm sure some of the political leaders and top millitary officials are just BH eyes and ears!!!
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by Expsbterror(m): 10:40pm On Aug 11, 2014

in dis current situation of the country, that's cold coming from you.
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by str8talk1: 5:20am On Aug 12, 2014
jieta: no wounder, no body wants to go to sambisa
Must u quote d whole post b4 u comment?
5illy!
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by murgarang(m): 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
"there was a country" was there really a country in a first place?? wink cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by murgarang(m): 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
[quote author=ojialo]that money is used to buy ammunitions and logistics, every army personnel on special duty is paid N5000 per day. but honestly we need latest weapon not the AKs .[5000k per day hmmm :Dote]
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by guysmat(m): 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
ojialo: that money is used to buy ammunitions and logistics, every army personnel on special duty is paid N5000 per day. but honestly we need latest weapon not the AKs .

Inaccurate info. No personnel sees N2k on a daily basis.
Re: Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram by soulglo: 9:34pm On Aug 12, 2014

Not only oats. Quaker oats and honey bunches of oats rollseyes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Throwback Photos Of Buhari / Osagie Ize-Iyamu Withdraws From Edo Governorship Race / RIVERS ELECTION: TRIBUNAL DISGRACED DAWARI, ODILI …Declares PDP winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.