Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? (14115 Views)

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Bolt3(m): 12:58am On Aug 11, 2014
Since power was sold out the light situation has steadily become worse in my house. I want to know if anyone has a similar experience. I also want to know the reason for this, could it be because of pipeline vandalism or the increase power consumption due to investments in the manufacturing sector or any other reason. Please don't just view, contribute.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Bolt3(m): 12:59am On Aug 11, 2014
Like here if the power situation has improved in your house.

197 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Bolt3(m): 12:59am On Aug 11, 2014
Like here if the power situation hasn't improved.

246 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 11, 2014
Like if you think that d guy above me is only looking for likes

93 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by deeobserver209(m): 1:34am On Aug 11, 2014
Light situation in my area is better, however more still needs to be done.

18 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Bolt3(m): 1:53am On Aug 11, 2014
adebayor1490: Like if you think that d guy above me is only looking for likes
Am serious here, this is the only way I can know if the power situation has improved.

8 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 11, 2014
Bolt3:
Am serious here, this is the only way I can know if the power situation has improved.
Me too. Actually d power situation in my area is better

15 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by uken73(m): 2:28am On Aug 11, 2014
From December last year power has seriously improved on my street. If summed up, power we used to have would be equivalent to 3 months ration only distributed for a year, but since December last year we have about 12 to 16 hours of power most days with few instances of one or two days without in a month and once over a month of low voltage. It's amazing.

8 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by otokx(m): 5:32am On Aug 11, 2014
No light in UNIPORT and ALUU, its been so bad since the privatization.

10 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by sammieguze(m): 6:08am On Aug 11, 2014
increase kwa no o... na decrease I de see o

4 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by aadoiza: 6:09am On Aug 11, 2014
It's area-dependent.

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by alaladakosta(f): 6:09am On Aug 11, 2014
Mtchhhheese

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Opiosko: 6:11am On Aug 11, 2014
otokx: No light in UNIPORT and ALUU, its been so bad since the privatization.
ALUU does not deserve light.

101 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by macpetrus(m): 6:12am On Aug 11, 2014
Yes
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by justi4jesu(f): 6:13am On Aug 11, 2014
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Lordseyad(m): 6:14am On Aug 11, 2014
k

But wait o...... This is the 10th time Am on First page today o...

What a great way to celebrate ma BD. 'wink.

Abeg I deserve an award!!
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Marv650(m): 6:14am On Aug 11, 2014
yes? well but I fear hell no here...
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 11, 2014
The problem with the power supply in Nigeria is twofold.First, there is the distribution aspect.The transmission infrastructure is old, outdated and not functioning well.

Second is generation.Even if transmission infrastructure is fixed....5000, even 10000mw is not enough for Nigeria. We need at least 50,000mw to have 24/7 power supply(my estimate) and grow our industries. That is where Nuclear power,green energy.....even all those refuse dumps come in.

3 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by kobonaire(m): 6:15am On Aug 11, 2014
In the beginning there was ....
NEPA :- Never Expect Power Again

Then it "graduated" to a Plc ...
NEPA Plc :- Never Expect Power Again, Please Light Candle

Now they have totally rebranded to
PHCN :- Power Have Commot finish from Nigeria
Or a an alternate definition , thanks @pergrace

undecided

38 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by GoldStandard: 6:15am On Aug 11, 2014
I can't say...light is always improved in rainy season! Its dry season we will know

7 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by chiefololade: 6:15am On Aug 11, 2014
16-18 hours of light in Offa Kwara State, not that bad.

5 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Donmams(m): 6:16am On Aug 11, 2014
Where are the paid PDP e-rats? Been waiting for them to come tell us stories of how they have been experiencing 24 hour electricity ever since GEJ rigged himself to power. Abi dem no get charge for laptop? Or perhaps there loss in osun has left them permanently incapacitated?

16 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 11, 2014
Marv650: yes? well but I fear hell no here...

Wetin u dey talk?? Nonsense kwa..? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Rikidony(m): 6:17am On Aug 11, 2014
Bolt3: Since power was sold out the light situation has steadily become worse in my house. I want to know if anyone has a similar experience. I also want to know the reason for this, could it be because of pipeline vandalism or the increase power consumption due to investments in the manufacturing sector or any other reason. Please don't just view, contribute.
Bros wre are you staying cos here in Calabar is like 17 to 18 hours a day. i cnt remember the last time i paid to charge my phone. infact since yesterday theres still power till now

GEJ TILL 2019 cool cool

18 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:17am On Aug 11, 2014
GoldStandard: I can't say...light is always improved in rainy season! Its dry season we will know
That is rubbish
Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by GentleMimi: 6:18am On Aug 11, 2014
NOOOOO!!! The only thing i see on the rise is the bill...outrageous,i must say. angry
Donmams: Where are the paid PDP e-rats? Been waiting for them to come tell us stories of how they have been experiencing 24 hour electricity ever since GEJ rigged himself to power. Abi dem no get charge for laptop? Or perhaps there loss in osun has left them permanently incapacitated?
The OP asked a simple question,which deserves a simple answer. What has PDP or the recent governorship election got to do with this discuss? Light don improve in ya area abi e still dey as hin dey before,abi e don kpai kpatakpata?

16 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by YoursGEJ(m): 6:18am On Aug 11, 2014
The deadline for how many million megawatts sef was December 2011. Dem come push am to December 2012. Push am again to December 2013. I just dey wait for the new deadline grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Chibokgame: 6:18am On Aug 11, 2014
In port Harcourt ,
Eneka and Atali axis precisely,

There has been a jump up of power distribution .
That is an improvement .

Op, My Testimony is ...
B4, i used to use #3,000 fuel in a week but now, #1,000 can take me into another week.
Praise The Lord.

15 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by kekakuz(m): 6:18am On Aug 11, 2014
22 hours a day. amac local gov

2 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 11, 2014
constant light here in Eket, AKS

2 Likes

Re: Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 11, 2014
Went to my fiancee side at Ogun state-Abeokuta since Friday night till this morning,no flash,or blink of the electricity,and not that their transformer has fault..Electricity here is nightmare.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland / Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi / Anambra Kidnappers Want Gun, N4m As Ransom For Our Members, Cows — Miyetti Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.