Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi (14113 Views)

Ekiti 2018: Fayose, Ihedioha, David Mark, Other Pdp Leaders In A Group Photo / Ekiti 2018: Fayose Reacts To Buhari’s Statement On Fayemi’s Victory / Senator Biodun Olujimi Orders Slapping Of National Assembly Staff Over Lift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by dammy13(m): 9:00am On Jan 08, 2018
The Senate Minority Whip, Senator Biodun Olujimi has said the endorsement of the Deputy Governor of Ekiti State, Prof Kolapo Olusola as sole candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, was a wishful thinking.

She also described the killings of innocent Nigerians across the country and sundry hardship being experienced by the citizens as evidence of a failure of governance.

Senator Olujimi said this at the weekend when she hosted her constituents in Ekiti South senatorial district to a “thank you get together party” in Omuo Ekiti, where she distributed items worth N200 million.

Olujimi said her ambition to govern Ekiti State remained intact, adding that the endorsement of the Deputy Governor as the sole candidate of the party was a wishful thinking.

The lawmaker said the party’s national leadership will conduct free and fair primary and the best candidate will emerge as opposed the one that has been endorsed.

She said: “It is the business of the party at the national level to conduct a primary. What happened is just wishful thinking. The party had already said that there would be a free and fair primary and that is where I stand.

“The five of us that are aspirants have come together to say that there must be free and fair primaries. If the primary is fair, only the best will win, not the one that has been anointed.”

The former Deputy Governor, who said that the PDP handed over a good government to the APC in 2015, said people have seen the difference today.

She said for the past two years the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, has demonstrated crass incompetence and lack of profound grasp in the running of a great nation like Nigeria, hence the unprecedented hardship and suffering the citizenry are being subjected to.

Speaking further on what she described as APC wasteful years, she said, “In the last 18 years of this Democracy, I have not seen a government that is poorly managed like this APC-led government. They rode to power on the pretext of populist ideology. They did not have a blueprint on how to govern the country.

“They don’t know what to do up till now. We are just drifting, everybody is just doing what he likes and so, we went into a recession. They say we are technically out of it, but I don’t know what they mean because people are still in recession.

“No jobs anywhere, prices of goods have skyrocketed. The roads are bad. Electricity is zero. A man who cannot put food on his table who cannot send his children to school is in recession. People that are begging are too many, that is not the Nigeria we knew. The Nigeria we knew is the one everybody will eat and drink and some would even travel at Christmas. But right now, it is no longer so.

“We handed over a good government to APC. Forget all the lies and half truth, the bulk passing and the razzmatazz. People have now seen the difference. I am not one to speak evil about a government. This one has failed all of us.

“So people must follow the PDP. The party knows how to govern and have people at heart. Yes, I admit we made mistake. But we know how to regulate ourselves and deliver good governance to the people”, she said.

http://ekitidefender.com/2018/01/08/ekiti-2018-fayoses-endorsement-deputy-wishful-thinking-olujimi/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by classicdessy(m): 9:28am On Jan 08, 2018
Observing
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by MrHistorian: 12:15pm On Jan 08, 2018
Fayose's tenure is almost over?

Time to visit the warm reception of Kuje Prison.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by twentyk(m): 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
N
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by Mrphylor09: 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ok
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2018
Please how I can delete my comment.

I don't know the thread is about Fayose..He only concentrate on Ado only, all others town ekiti state is nothing to talk about...

I was in Ado last week, in fact Ekiti didn't deserve a state, they suppose to still be under Ondo state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by famxi: 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2018
classicdessy:
Observing

2 Shares

Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by temitemi1(m): 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2018
who knows Olujimi in Political sphere if not for God and Fayose... Let her test her popularity in Ekiti by contesting for Local Government election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by jamaicabakare(m): 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2018
Mummy Olujimi no be lie
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
Nothing to observe. She nailed it!
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by AbjMotorPalace: 12:22pm On Jan 08, 2018
k
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by AiiVee(m): 12:22pm On Jan 08, 2018
is she contesting for the governorship post?? I would like to know... Ama vote for her big time
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by Firefire(m): 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2018
Yeye goat, meet Fayose at the poll and stop ranting...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 08, 2018
okay. smiley
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2018

when I see news like this, I'm happy because joseph olushola dad will soon become the governor. jo IS a very good friend of mine and his family are very nice. Good people. disciplined man, I'm sure he will make ekiti great
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by EASY39(m): 12:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
Pdp Power
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by tolulope855(m): 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2018
ABJDOT:

I don't know the thread is about Fayose..He only concentrate on Ado only, all others town ekiti state is nothing to talk about...

I was in Ado last week, in fact Ekiti didn't deserve a state, they suppose to still be under Ondo state.

E Pele ooo, e ku oro enu o.

You got to ikere Ekiti, Omuo Ekiti, ifaki, Ise orun, emure, ikole, among many others.

E Pele oo

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by modath(f): 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2018
Firefire:
Yeye goat, meet Fayose at the poll and stop ranting...

This is beneath you !!! Haba!!! You talk from both sides of the mouth!! Where did she go wrong requesting for "free , fair & credible" primary where the most "popular" candidate will have his/her way....

It's same you always dancing surugede & lamenting about Tinubu but you are here praising Fayose for same thing you yell all over NL for!

*Post bookmarked for posterity sake* sad

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 08, 2018
tolulope855:

E Pele ooo, e ku oro enu o.

You got to ikere Ekiti, Omuo Ekiti, ifaki, Ise orun, emure, ikole, among many others.

E Pele oo
Oh my goodness, for you to know that I know what I'm saying! I passed through, emure ikole, ikere when coming to Ado.

And when going back to ABJ I passed asiegba, ifaki ogbadi, ilu-omoba etc.

Mind you, my mom is from Ekiti, so I know in and out of the state....best of luck.
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by oyeb15: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2018
ABJDOT:
Oh my goodness, for you to know that I know what I'm saying! I passed through, emure ikole, ikere when coming to Ado.

Mind you, my mom is from Ekiti, so I know in and out of the state....best of luck.

State creation in Nigeria is not about big towns or city.Its connection. Akoko in Ondo state deserve to b a state on its own. Look @ Bayelsa with jxt 7 LGA. Kano even have more LGA than Lagos. Efon in Ekiti is jxt a one town LGa while Ijero LGA has 16towns under it. Ijero is even bigger than Efon.

Jxt pray your town become a state no matter how small so that National cake can reach u fast fast.
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by oyeb15: 1:10pm On Jan 08, 2018
ABJDOT:

State creation in Nigeria is not about big towns or city.Its connection. Akoko in Ondo state deserve to b a state on its own. Look @ Bayelsa with jxt 7 LGA. Kano even have more LGA than Lagos. Efon in Ekiti is jxt a one town LGa while Ijero LGA has 16towns under it. Ijero is even bigger than Efon.

Jxt pray your town become a state no matter how small so that National cake can reach u fast fast.
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by omoiyalayi(m): 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2018
Can't wait for all the drama that will happen in ekiti gubernatorial erection this year

This year is going to be an interesting year in our politicking

Plenty drama

Defection left & right

Political parties trying to woo the electorate

Electorate bashing & insulting themselves

Digging up dirt on political opposition

Media houses taking advantages & making money

Media houses setting politicians against themselves

Politicians branded souvenir everywhere even on food items

The list is endless feel free to add yours

I just can't wait sha grin
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 08, 2018
oyeb15:

You are right sah......national cake is what everyone praying for, lol
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by gfasunan: 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
ABJDOT:

Really? You think ekiti doesn’t deserve a state? Well let me break your heart! As long as there is a country called Nigeria, there will always be a state call ekiti!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by gfasunan: 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2018
gfasunan:

Really? You think ekiti doesn’t deserve a state? Well let me break your heart! As long as there is a country called Nigeria, there will always be a state called ekiti!
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by ogbeniolola: 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2018
This is my most favourite senator; she speaks the finest english and has the best diction in the senate.
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by Ahmeduana(m): 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2018
MrHistorian:
Fayose's tenure is almost over?

Time to visit the warm reception of Kuje Prison.
THAT ONE ALSO IS A WISHFUL THINKING!
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by senatordave1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2018
oyeb15:

Akokoland just has 4 lgas so how can they be a state except you mean they should be merged with owo and parts of ondo central to form akoko state.methinks ekiti should still be part of ondo state.bayelsa should be merged back with rivers.kano deserve 3 states.every northern state should be divided into 2.
Re: Ekiti 2018: Fayose’s Endorsement Of His Deputy, Wishful Thinking — Olujimi by Marcelinho(m): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2018
Okay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plot Thickens To Sanction Makinde, Olujimi, Others In South-west PDP / Islamiyat Oyefusi: LP's Deputy-Governorship Candidate in Lagos, dumps Party / Tanker Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike Weekend Over Bad Roads, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.