Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market (40556 Views)

Auto Policy: Stallion Motors Unveils Made-in- Nigeria Hyundai Grand / Stallion Group Delivers Made-in-Nigeria Hyundai Vehicles / Are Kia And Hyundai Cars As Reliable As Toyota Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by clemmonce(m): 10:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
bigtt76: I wonder how the press could miss the hype that usually exist when such assembly plants are to be setup in Nigeria undecided #Justaying but I never heard any commissioned so how come these cars are made in Nigeria?
The media is one of our problem in Nigeria. They are all partisan.

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by clemmonce(m): 10:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
gen2briz:

How come the car is damm expensive abi na typo error
All I can say is you are a very dull fellow. why quote the whole article?,smh
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
tonychristopher:

dude you must have issue with yourself ...I studied in a foreign university so does this buffoon said ..and then what have you achieved with that stupid mentality working for people and answering them sir

I don't know why people have so much complex that they flaunt irrelevant to us . if you studied overseas does it change anything from the market .

I think I need to employ you so that I will be sending you overseas for errand

small boy

I know the kind of errand you have in mind. It's your type that they catch smuggling cocaine in Malaysia. Big ego, big head, peanut brain. You might want to desist from getting into my mentions henceforth.
My register is a bit too high for the likes of you.
Illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by HOTARIO(m): 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
The news is kinda ambiguous in that one may think the Elantra and ix35 will also sell for N1.9mm. Please note that the price quoted applies only to the i10 and Grand models and not Accent, Elantra or ix35. Call any of the Hyundai showrooms and confirm.

It is a good start though. With sustained drive and will, it will definitely get better.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by texazzpete(m): 10:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chai!

Typical strategy of deceivers. Post pictures of fine looking cars in the OP and carefully fail to post a big picture of the toy-like i10 that is being sold for N1.6 million.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by gen2briz(m): 10:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
clemmonce: All I can say is you are a very dull fellow. why quote the whole article?,smh

Ntoor
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by tonychristopher: 10:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
rickkid:

I know the kind of errand you have in mind. It's your type that they catch smuggling cocaine in Malaysia. Big ego, big head, peanut brain. You might want to desist from getting into my mentions henceforth.
My register is a bit too high for the likes of you.
Illiterate.

talk is cheap
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by legacyint: 10:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
Omojayejaye: Ok..Hyundai una welcome...when will the German machines come around....
which german machine?na mercedes u de expect make com make cheapatiko car 4 u make e buy,or audi,abi na BMW,U better settle for keke,no hard feeling.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
aguiyi: they are still too expensive.

the I10 should not be more than $5000 which is around NGN800k or what is the price in Korea

No! Na 50kobo you for ask make dem sell am.

Na your papa get the power wey dem use assemble am abi?

5 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by chiwex(m): 11:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
the car price should be a from 500,000 upward
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by irepnaija4eva(m): 11:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
Afrocatalyst:

really kidding..
i will rather my 2plots of land in SAMBISA FORESt than buy that beetle..mechewwww
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by decatalyst(m): 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
bigtt76: I wonder how the press could miss the hype that usually exist when such assembly plants are to be setup in Nigeria undecided #Justaying but I never heard any commissioned so how come these cars are made in Nigeria?

Hi. I think you are "right" with your observation... I only heard when INOSON was commissioned. Inoson is the only auto firm u can say that make their vehicles in Naija. I hope all those foreign firms need to come down here...enough of tokunbo cars on our roads jare.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by irepnaija4eva(m): 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
Afrocatalyst:

really kidding..
i will rather buy my 2plots of land in SAMBISA FORESt than buy that beetle..mechewwww
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by chiwex(m): 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
the price of the car should be from 500,000 upward that's how it is done in other manufacturing coutries like
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Alexsmith20(m): 11:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
eledacedar: Are they MADE in Nigeria or ASSEMBLED in nigeria.?
I dont usually scold girls for making stupid comments...i gess you would be the first..YOU SHOULD HAVE READ THREAD BEFORE MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by enigmang: 11:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
eledacedar: Are they MADE in Nigeria or ASSEMBLED in nigeria.?
NO single country makes a car Completely....

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Omojayejaye(m): 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nicepoker: u r waiting for made in nigeria BMW or BENZ u will wait forever
Ogbeni don't quote me again..smh...some people are just pained by dis new automobile policy..

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by sebali: 11:48pm On Aug 11, 2014

I totally agree with U.
Did anyone notice d OP did nt make mention of d address or evn d state in nigeria were d cars are made/assembled.
Nissan assembled in naija since April: na-in cars still expensive for naija
Then again if its correct am sure it shud hav featured in one of d numerous TAN campaign.

well my take is somebody is playing 10/10 with dis made in naija cars.
time will tell
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
The next step for the auto makers would be manufacturing energy-efficient cars that run on 35mpg (or the litre equivalent)

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by vickiechi: 12:16am On Aug 12, 2014
Made or assembled, all I see is NIGERIA, more jobs, affordable cars and many more business opportunities. Start thinking smart, what's in this for you?

We are outstanding people, let's all put our minds to it, put in our best, channel our creativity properly. Decide today to be relevant in your field. Join theorangeentrpreneur.com

Btw, If you have a fresh N creative photo of anything share it at theorangeentrepreneur.com. N1000 recharge each for the 30 most creative pictures

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by deloon(m): 12:39am On Aug 12, 2014
Valfrankie: OP who's that long boring Novel for, you expect me to read all that? Come again pls.....

*MODIFIED*
OK, there are pictures and I made front-page, NOW I BELIEVE!!! Please click like if you didn't read all that novel the OP wrote down, also click like if you did.... angryangryangry
#smh
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by deloon(m): 12:42am On Aug 12, 2014
Alexsmith20: I dont usually scold girls for making stupid comments...i gess you would be the first..YOU SHOULD HAVE READ THREAD BEFORE MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF.
Dude WTF... that's totally uncalled for .
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by nduchucks: 12:57am On Aug 12, 2014
I don read, hear about result of crash tests for cars like 2003 EOD but I no tink say this hyundai go fit survive a crash with keke napep. As far as me and my loved ones are concerned, we go choose EOD or a nice 2004 Jeep first.

dis kora people tink say we stuupid. una kill my people with bad roads, boko haram, and now una dey introduce dis tin can, ko? mgbo piafuka gi isi!nansense!
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 12, 2014
unite4real:

All over the world, cars are assembled and not made. Na assembly part full everywhere. There are different companies that produce parts and then taken to assembly plants for final product.

Thank you. In fact in the motor industry worldwide, car manufacturing plants are called ''car assembly plants''. There are no plants known as 'car manufacturing plants' per se. Anywhere cars are built are called ''car assembly plants'', or motor vehicle assembly plants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Motor_vehicle_assembly_plants_by_country

It's only in Nigeria you have people who make this distinction between car 'manufacturing' and 'assembly'. If you go outside this country and ask someone if a car built there was ''either'' manufactured, ''or'' assembled there, they'd call you a doctor.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by t2luv1: 2:15am On Aug 12, 2014
fun4:
www.dailyindependentnig.com/2014/08/made-nigeria-hyundai-cars-hit-market/

Sorry to burst your bubble only Hyundai Motor Company can Make/Assemble cars under their trade mark. Nigeria presently does not have the infrastructures in place to either Manufacture/Assemble cars. Last time I check there are no Hyundai plant in that country. It takes a lot in term of money and time just to establish an assembly plant not to talk of a manufacturing plants. That country is just not there yet. A car assembly plant is just not something you build overnight just anywhere. Just putting up a laser paint room cost $500M dollars.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by t2luv1: 2:24am On Aug 12, 2014

Because there are no plant. There is no chance Hyundai will license some Stallion Group to assemble any car under their brand name. We car companies just don't do that. Joint ventures are common but under strict conditions like Ford Escape and Mazda Tribute being assemble at the same plant in Toledo. it is because Ford owns Mazda.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by t2luv1: 2:44am On Aug 12, 2014
Omojayejaye: Ok..Hyundai una welcome...when will the German machines come around....

My friend try and google Kia K900 you might change your mind about Hyundai Motor Company. That is a $66,900 car that Mercedes Benz can't even come close to. Just google it you'll see what I am talking about.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by ceejay80s(m): 2:58am On Aug 12, 2014
Until a brand new car costs 300k , i refuse to believe
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by anonimi: 3:02am On Aug 12, 2014
aguiyi: they are still too expensive.

the I10 should not be more than $5000 which is around NGN800k or what is the price in Korea

What is the price of Ghana/Nigeria produced yam in the UK, USA

What is the price of TV in China, Korea

1 Like

Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 3:16am On Aug 12, 2014
t2luv1:

My friend try and google Kia K900 you might change your mind about Hyundai Motor Company. That is a $66,900 car that Mercedes Benz can't even come close to. Just google it you'll see what I am talking about.
That's like Hyundai Equus. The car sells for $68,750.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by bigtt76(f): 5:49am On Aug 12, 2014
Exactly my thoughts too ....these companies (Stallion Group et al) are exploiting the free duty regime for cars assembled in Nigeria. except they are all trying to say they assemble those cars aboard the ships conveying the supposedly knocked down parts undecided ...this country shaaaaaa

t2luv1:

Because there are no plant. There is no chance Hyundai will license some Stallion Group to assemble any car under their brand name. We car companies just don't do that. Joint ventures are common but under strict conditions like Ford Escape and Mazda Tribute being assemble at the same plant in Toledo. it is because Ford owns Mazda.
Re: Made-in-nigeria Hyundai Cars Hit Market by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 12, 2014
Chinom: It's still a Hyundai . I'm will not be caught dead driving one of those. I would rather pay more for a tokumbo Mercedes benz or BMW. Or even an IVM. Hyundai does not particularly have a good image world wide.

Next you know they will start assembling Chinese vehicles in Nigeria. When are we going to bring back the likes of MB, Peugeot, VW and BMW ?.

When majority of nigerians are as rich as u are and can afford a brand new BMW or MB.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Honda Goldwing Three Wheeler Bike Spotted In Lagos / Has Any One Actually Seen This? / Innoson Release Another SUV Model (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.